What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (12 Viewers)

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sporting Kansas City rejected offers from two Serie A clubs this winter for Gianluca Busio, sources tell MLSsoccer. Other clubs from Italy, Germany and the Netherlands have reached out as well. Busio, 18, is a rising star with SKC and the US youth national teams
Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Busio has long been the subject of European interest. As @TaylorTwellman reported, SKC rejected a $4m bid from Fiorentina in 2020. It's unclear which two clubs saw offers rejected this winter. A source says the likes of Fiorentina, Sassuolo, Parma and more are interested.

Poke_4_Life said:
That MF (I assume) from Hudderfield looked like he was backing away scared from Dike when Daryl started for the ball.  
That was none other than Duane Holmes.

Dest on the bench...Sergi Roberto has taken his spot today. Roberto's been out a long while, right? His absence the reason Dest got to start so early in the season?

he has been hurt multiple times this year I believe.
Yeah, I think he's been out pretty much all year.

But he was the presumptive starter, right? His absence opened the door for Dest to start, iirc. Just wondering what his return means to what's been an up and down season for Dest.

What happened with nips? Was he hurt, or just didn't rate?
Kinda both?  He wasn't getting any starts, but was getting some minutes off the bench, but he injured his quadriceps at the end of March that was gonna keep him out 6 weeks, so they terminated the loan early.

Kinda both?  He wasn't getting any starts, but was getting some minutes off the bench, but he injured his quadriceps at the end of March that was gonna keep him out 6 weeks, so they terminated the loan early.
from what I read he was injured for most of the time he was there and did not get to train with the team much after those first few games he subbed in for.  I think the last injury was the proverbial straw and they sent him home to recover.

oh I like this rumor a lot.  The best Uly ever looked was playing for Tab who is the Houston coach now.  

========================

Dynamo Insider

@DynamoInsider

RUMOR REPORT : “20 Year-Old Ulysses Llanez has failed to impress on loan at Hereenveen and is willing to rejoin MLS with the Houston Dynamo and is undergoing negotiations”

I have a soccer ball signed by the US men's team back in '94 I think it was.  This was the first sort of soccer craze in the states, that I remember anyway.  I was way more into sports back then and won it in an auction.  Not having ever really got into soccer, save for the World Cup here (went to the Final at the Rose Bowl), I am going to put it up on Ebay I think.

Are there any other sites I might want to list it on?  Thanks.

I have a soccer ball signed by the US men's team back in '94 I think it was.  This was the first sort of soccer craze in the states, that I remember anyway.  I was way more into sports back then and won it in an auction.  Not having ever really got into soccer, save for the World Cup here (went to the Final at the Rose Bowl), I am going to put it up on Ebay I think.

Are there any other sites I might want to list it on?  Thanks.
Ebay makes sense. 

IMO though I would hold on to it.  You are selling at a point in time where the team is at one of its lowest points of popularity since before the WC in 1994.  

The item is likely to go up significantly in value for 2 reasons.  The team is currently young and extremely talented.  They are trending to have the look of a legit top 10 side by WC2026.  If that happens and you couple that with the fact the the US will be hosting WC2026, the team will likely be at its peak popularity and interest level of all time.

Ebay makes sense. 

IMO though I would hold on to it.  You are selling at a point in time where the team is at one of its lowest points of popularity since before the WC in 1994.  

The item is likely to go up significantly in value for 2 reasons.  The team is currently young and extremely talented.  They are trending to have the look of a legit top 10 side by WC2026.  If that happens and you couple that with the fact the the US will be hosting WC2026, the team will likely be at its peak popularity and interest level of all time.
You'll only be able to pry my signed 2002 Clint Mathis jersey won at the US-Germany 2002 watch party from cold dead hands.

[Julia Poe] Some clarification on this — Daryl Dike's loan to Barnsley expires on May 31, but the Lions have the right to recall starting May 4. Barnsley plays its final regular season match on May 8, and the Championship final (for promotion) is slated for May 29.

[Julia Poe] Some clarification on this — Daryl Dike's loan to Barnsley expires on May 31, but the Lions have the right to recall starting May 4. Barnsley plays its final regular season match on May 8, and the Championship final (for promotion) is slated for May 29.
Non-issue.  Orlando isn't beginning him back to play  regular season games when he could be putting a team on his back to the Premier League and further driving up his value.

Wonder if DK will start today?  10am kickoff.  A win today and they would be 6 points up with 2 games to play to make the playoffs.

Of secondary interest, a team plays at 12:30 that has some guy named Pulisic. 

Wonder if DK will start today?  10am kickoff.  A win today and they would be 6 points up with 2 games to play to make the playoffs.

Of secondary interest, a team plays at 12:30 that has some guy named Pulisic. 
Dike starting.

Also have Gio vs Brooks this morning.

Non-issue.  Orlando isn't beginning him back to play  regular season games when he could be putting a team on his back to the Premier League and further driving up his value.
My guess is they put that clause in there so that they could recall him if he wasn't playing much.

I agree it makes no sense to recall him when his value could increase during the playoffs.

:(

====

Bob Morocco

@bob_morocco

Richards off injured on a sliding clearance attempt, left hamstring maybe (his left leg was tucked and hit the ground a little harder than a typical sliding attempt to play a ball).

huge win for Dortmund today.  Every game is almost a must win from here on out to make top 4.  They are 1 point out of 4th but 4th place has a game in hand.

Gio went 69 minutes today in the win.  Was subbed out to protect the lead as Dortmund was down to 10 men.

:(

====

Bob Morocco

@bob_morocco

Richards off injured on a sliding clearance attempt, left hamstring maybe (his left leg was tucked and hit the ground a little harder than a typical sliding attempt to play a ball).
Chris Richards @eastmamba

thanks everybody for the messages of support !!! it’s just a little hamstring tweak so hopefully i’ll be back soon ✊🏾 #ykn

I got my vaccine shot today at Gillette stadium.  While waiting, I noticed there was an academy scrimmage being played on the field so I walked out on the balcony to watch with a couple of other guys.  I guessed the players were about 13-14 year olds.

One of the guys had no knowledge of soccer and one followed the sport.

The guy with no knowledge said to me "excuse me, I don't know a lot about this sport but this looks totally different to me than watching my kids play"

The other guy and myself both assured him this was not typical 13-14 year old's playing.  What we watched was REALLY impressive.  The patterns of play, the passing interchange, the building from the back, the off the ball movement, it was all very professional (I am not sure a better way to say it) looking.

And this is from a part of the country that does not typically produce good players, so if this type of thing is happening all over the country in the academies, I can see why people are so excited about the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
U.S. Soccer MNT @USMNT· 1m

CONFIRMED: @DarylDike and @BarnsleyFC have clinched a berth in the @SkyBetChamp Promotion Playoffs!

Users who are viewing this thread