What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (3 Viewers)

This would be fabulous

======================

Bayern & Germany

@iMiaSanMia

Hoffenheim want to sign Chris Richards permanently from FC Bayern. The American defender would cost around €10m [@SPORTBILD]
Is that better than still being on the BM books and getting PT elsewhere on loan?

Not USMNT but another American won some hardware and will be in Europa League qualifying next year. Former Phoenix Rising goalkeeper Josh Cohen and his team, Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Premier League, won the league title on Sunday. Cohen was also named league player of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that better than still being on the BM books and getting PT elsewhere on loan?
no idea, but if this is true this shows how much he is valued by Hoff.  In these times, $10m is nothing to sneeze at.

If BM does not see a path for him as a starter in the near future, I would prefer him to be with a mid table type team in Germany.  For a 21 year CB, that is really as good as we could hope for given their later development curve compared to other positions.

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Newcastle United and Bournemouth are continuing to have discussions with Tottenham in regards to #USMNT defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, a source close to the player tells me. Also, Club Brugge has made an inquiry for him too and I’d expect more clubs will soon

Lineup?

........................... Steffen

Dest.....miazga...... brooks.......robo

......................... Adams/Acosta

...........swag............Musah

Gio....,................................,........ CP

....................sarge

Honduras roster is kinda interesting tbh.

Couple forward play with Cannon on Boavista in Portugal. Leading scorer plays for Cadiz in la liga. 6 guys play on the same club (that beat Club America in CCL) and another 3 play together on a different club. Boniek and Maynor back with skill and loads of experience.

As always, not a cakewalk. This should be a good litmus test of where this team is.

Lineup?

I would love to swap Dest over to CPs side just so we can watch them create together and/or get hacked.

Hopefully there's a plan in place to provide cover for him this game.

Lineup?

i like it.  I expect to see three different starting lineups in the next three games.

Has any one heard anything on Adams?  I saw him training yesterday but have not heard if he will play tomorrow or not.

We have a real game to watch tomorrow

[pinches self]
I hate getting ahead things, but we could (should) have a cup final against Mexico in 4 days.

This would be fabulous

======================

Bayern & Germany

@iMiaSanMia

Hoffenheim want to sign Chris Richards permanently from FC Bayern. The American defender would cost around €10m [@SPORTBILD]
I see no downside there for Richards.  If he turns into a top defender Bayern would just buy him back and this gives him immediate guaranteed minutes.

it will probably depend on who the new coach is.  I don't think Koeman is safe yet.
I think Barca would have moved by now if Koeman was gone.  And I frankly think they know that they're not close to a European Champion team no matter who their coach is.  I'm not sure another coach would really relish the job of leading the team while everyone is just waiting for when they decide Xavi is ready to take over.  

looks like Reynolds was the unidentified player from earlier

==================

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

The two USMNT players in Denver training camp who weren’t included on Nations League roster: Daryl Dike Bryan Reynolds

US will play Costa Rica in friendly next Wed in Utah

How does Barca bringing back Emerson affect Dest? 
A report from Sport’s Toni Juanmarti claims that Arsenal, Juventus, and Bayern Munich have all expressed interest in Dest, but the USMNT man is dedicated to succeeding at Barcelona.

Would a move make sense? Dest is still a phenomenal talent and the same reporter claims that Sergi Roberto will leave Barca if Koeman stays, the manager’s status still up in the air after an uneven first season in Catalonia. We’d bet on Dest staying as the club rebuild continues and — in theory — Lionel Messi looks to lead Barca back to the top of La Liga.

Jeff Carlisle

@JeffreyCarlisle

#USMNT manager Gregg Berhalter on Tyler Adams status: "Tyler is working his way back. He was able to do team training yesterday, and in terms of his availability for tomorrow we're still working through training today. But signs are looking good that he's making progress."

Jeff Carlisle

@JeffreyCarlisle

#USMNT manager Gregg Berhalter on Tyler Adams status: "Tyler is working his way back. He was able to do team training yesterday, and in terms of his availability for tomorrow we're still working through training today. But signs are looking good that he's making progress."
So definitely probably maybe there's a chance he might play.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
Oh boy, its gameday!

I told my son this morning, I think the Gold Cup final we attended in Chicago nearly 2 years ago was the last time this team played a meaningful game.  I'm really hoping for some closure on Sunday.

Oh boy, its gameday!

I told my son this morning, I think the Gold Cup final we attended in Chicago nearly 2 years ago was the last time this team played a meaningful game.  I'm really hoping for some closure on Sunday.
It has been forever.  I saw this posted.  I don't know if it lines up with the Gold Cup or with a previous Nations League game but in any event,,,,,, finally!

===============

Paul Carr

@PaulCarr

Today, the USMNT plays its first competitive (non-friendly) game in 562 days, in the Nations League semifinals.

With the games completed yesterday, the following Concacaf teams have been eliminated from qualifying:

US Virgin Islands, Aruba, Caymen Islands, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Anguilla, Turks and Caicos Islands, Saint Lucia, Bahamas.

He has had a quick trigger with Dest but also has played him a lot so this may still be good for Dest

===================================

Ronald Koeman will continue to coach FC Barcelona next season. This is what President Joan Laporta confirmed this Thursday afternoon, just before the appearance of spokesperson, Maria Elena Fort, to explain the agreements of the Board of Directors: "After this period of reflection, vice-president Rafael Yuste and myself have agreed that we will continue with the current contract that Ronald Koeman has."

He added: "We are very satisfied to see that these conversations have resulted in a unity of opinion." In this sense, the president wanted to highlight Koeman's "exemplary behaviour" during the period of reflection.

"We see the coach very motivated and he already has a year of experience in this dressing room, which we will try to make more competitive. I think Koeman comes out of this well because he is the coach we want," added Laporta when questioned.

Lineup mostly as expected (at least for me). Can't imagine adams is ready to go 90 and Greg loves him some lleget. Mckenzie is the only surprise for me.

Hopefully we can get musah officially tied.

Lineup mostly as expected (at least for me). Can't imagine adams is ready to go 90 and Greg loves him some lleget. Mckenzie is the only surprise for me.

Hopefully we can get musah officially tied.
I mentioned earlier that after rewatcing McKenzie's all touch video, that he had an extremely clean game. 

I guess he must have gained some trust from GGG in that performance.

so how much of a leash does Sargent get here?

It was expected he'd get the nod, but eventually he has to produce on the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread