Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

US Men's National Team


Recommended Posts

After tonight this still looks more likely than not to be the schedule.  We'll know for sure in three days.

September 2021

  • El Salvador v USA
  • USA v Canada
  • Honduras v USA

October 2021

  • USA v Jamaica
  • Panama v USA
  • USA v Costa Rica

November 2021

  • USA v Mexico
  • Jamaica v USA

January 2022

  • USA v El Salvador
  • Canada v USA
  • USA v Honduras

March 2022

  • Mexico v USA
  • USA v Panama
  • Costa Rica v USA
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barca selling Konrad to Marseille for 5MM Euros, with a buyback clause.

Low price suggests how market sees him as a prospect, but at least he's going to a club where he might get some PT.

ETA:  looking at Marseille's transfer business at TransferMarket.com, $6MM is on the lower end of their typical arrivals, but they max out at $15MM over the last couple years, and the market might be depressed by COVID still.  So Marseille may be the right level for him and you'd think he'll be able to compete for time.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Barca selling Konrad to Marseille for 5MM Euros, with a buyback clause.

Low price suggests how market sees him as a prospect, but at least he's going to a club where he might get some PT.

ETA:  looking at Marseille's transfer business at TransferMarket.com, $6MM is on the lower end of their typical arrivals, but they max out at $15MM over the last couple years, and the market might be depressed by COVID still.  So Marseille may be the right level for him and you'd think he'll be able to compete for time.

Exactly the kind of move he needs. Good league, mid level team, should get PT if he's the goods, and average price so he could move on if he performs. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

Exactly the kind of move he needs. Good league, mid level team, should get PT if he's the goods, and average price so he could move on if he performs. 

I've never seen anything from him that made me think he's going to be able to break into the full team (esp as a winger where the comp is so tough), but at least now we can find out for sure.  If he's not able to get regular minutes with Marseille...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I've never seen anything from him that made me think he's going to be able to break into the full team (esp as a winger where the comp is so tough), but at least now we can find out for sure.  If he's not able to get regular minutes with Marseille...

Yep.. He's too inconsistent from what I've seen. Occasional flashes. The main thing he has going for him from my standpoint is that Barcelona has had him rated high enough to make first team, even if on the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that Marseilles is still a higher level than I'd expect Konrad to break through at.  Although they won the league this year, Lille is traditionally a smaller, less prestigious French club than Marseilles.  I rate Weah significantly higher than Konrad, and he's still struggling for minutes at Lille.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I think that Marseilles is still a higher level than I'd expect Konrad to break through at.  Although they won the league this year, Lille is traditionally a smaller, less prestigious French club than Marseilles.  I rate Weah significantly higher than Konrad, and he's still struggling for minutes at Lille.

Lille's attack is loaded though which makes competition for minutes hard.

I don't know much about Marseilles attack but I remember reading Thauvin is moving to Tigres.  He played a massive 3200 minutes this year as a winger so that should open up some opportunities for others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Steven Goff] Bayern Munich officials expected in Texas Monday to continue transfer talks for FC Dallas's Justin Che, a 17-year-old fullback who spent months on loan with Bundesliga giants. Che was in USMNT camp in Switzerland. FCD probably seeking >> the $1.5m it got for Chris Richards #mls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got intrigued by Leon Flach's defensive stats, but then saw his passing/offensive numbers.  He looks like an old-school #6 destroyer type overall.  Not really someone who can dictate anything, but it sure looks like he demolishes all who come his way.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football Talent Scout - Jacek Kulig

@FTalentScout

Johnny for Internacional in June: 4 games 200 passes 63 passes per 90 93% pass accuracy 19 years of age. Inter's Maestro. My second favorite deep-lying playmaker in Brazil after Matheus Martinelli.

  • Thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

Football Talent Scout - Jacek Kulig

@FTalentScout

Johnny for Internacional in June: 4 games 200 passes 63 passes per 90 93% pass accuracy 19 years of age. Inter's Maestro. My second favorite deep-lying playmaker in Brazil after Matheus Martinelli.

I mentioned this previously, but what I've seen of Brazil soccer is that its slow relative to most leagues. Lots of time to be on the ball before you get closed down. I really do think this contributed to what we've seen of him so far relative to those kind of stats.

Hope im wrong, because the couple highlight vids we saw last year before he was called up were promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a strange journey this continues to be for Miazga

=========

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

Matt Miazga (25) is unlikely to return to Belgian club Anderlecht as they deemed him too expensive to buy or loan from Chelsea. Since joining Chelsea, Miazga has played for Vitesse, Nantes, Reading and Anderlecht on loan.

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2021-06-14/matt-miazga-ne-restera-probablement-pas-a-anderlecht

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

What a strange journey this continues to be for Miazga

=========

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

Matt Miazga (25) is unlikely to return to Belgian club Anderlecht as they deemed him too expensive to buy or loan from Chelsea. Since joining Chelsea, Miazga has played for Vitesse, Nantes, Reading and Anderlecht on loan.

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2021-06-14/matt-miazga-ne-restera-probablement-pas-a-anderlecht

What is the best level for him?  Would he be a starter on a bottom half PL team or is he more suited for a Championship team?  (Keeping in mind Ream was a starter much of the year for a PL team, and probably will be a starter for the same team in the Championship.) 

I really just have no feel for Miazga's playing level, other than he's not breaking into Chelsea's gameday squad anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

What is the best level for him?  Would he be a starter on a bottom half PL team or is he more suited for a Championship team?  (Keeping in mind Ream was a starter much of the year for a PL team, and probably will be a starter for the same team in the Championship.) 

I really just have no feel for Miazga's playing level, other than he's not breaking into Chelsea's gameday squad anytime soon.

I don't know really.  I think he could play at the bottom half of the EPL.  At 3 of the 4 loans he went to, he played almost every minute available.  I think only at Nantes did the loan not work out as they changed coaches mid loan and his playing time dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

While it was reported initially as a transfer with a (buy-back) option for Barcelona, it now appears as if Konrad de la Fuente will join Marseille on loan from Barcelona but the loan will contain an option to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking at the USMNT Youtube account and they had lots of videos on both the Swiss game and the Costa Rica game but nothing on the two Nations League games. 

I wonder if they did not have the rights to show highlights or one of those Behind The Crest type videos for anything related to Nations League.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

What is the best level for him?  Would he be a starter on a bottom half PL team or is he more suited for a Championship team?  (Keeping in mind Ream was a starter much of the year for a PL team, and probably will be a starter for the same team in the Championship.) 

I really just have no feel for Miazga's playing level, other than he's not breaking into Chelsea's gameday squad anytime soon.

I was just looking at Ream and Miazga's info.  Ream only played 7 games for Fulham this past season and his level of play isn't up to EPL levels in either of the last two seasons Fulham spent in the EPL.  (which makes me wonder how well Whoscored is accounting for league quality generally -- he's rated OK as a player when he plays in the Championship)

Miazga is rated similarly to how Ream was before he got to the EPL and is (still!) only 25.  Lower-level EPL, top-level Championship feels about right to me.  Maybe with some upside as he hits his CB prime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I was just looking at Ream and Miazga's info.  Ream only played 7 games for Fulham this past season and his level of play isn't up to EPL levels in either of the last two seasons Fulham spent in the EPL.  (which makes me wonder how well Whoscored is accounting for league quality generally -- he's rated OK as a player when he plays in the Championship)

Miazga is rated similarly to how Ream was before he got to the EPL and is (still!) only 25.  Lower-level EPL, top-level Championship feels about right to me.  Maybe with some upside as he hits his CB prime.

Yeah...hes playing regularly for quality teams in lower leagues. Bottom 1/2 pl or championship is exactly right. Or staying with top teams in those other leagues

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Sciaretta posted the rules for the provisional rosters for Gold Cup and it can be up to 60(!!!) players.

I doubt GGG names anything close to that but jesus that is a huge number.

Provisional rosters are due today.

Heading into a meeting...Let me know if i made it.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:
6 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

What is the best level for him?  Would he be a starter on a bottom half PL team or is he more suited for a Championship team?  (Keeping in mind Ream was a starter much of the year for a PL team, and probably will be a starter for the same team in the Championship.) 

I really just have no feel for Miazga's playing level, other than he's not breaking into Chelsea's gameday squad anytime soon.

I was just looking at Ream and Miazga's info.  Ream only played 7 games for Fulham this past season and his level of play isn't up to EPL levels in either of the last two seasons Fulham spent in the EPL.  (which makes me wonder how well Whoscored is accounting for league quality generally -- he's rated OK as a player when he plays in the Championship)

Miazga is rated similarly to how Ream was before he got to the EPL and is (still!) only 25.  Lower-level EPL, top-level Championship feels about right to me.  Maybe with some upside as he hits his CB prime.

I thought the most encouraging loan for him was at Reading.  He was popular there over 1+ seasons.  The english Championship has always struck me to be good prep for Concacaf because its so physical.  Seems they are saying the issue at Anderlecht is cost, probably due to whatever stupid salary Chelsea pays him.  I would love to see another Championship loan this season, hopefully with a club that might sign him when his contract expires next summer.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I thought the most encouraging loan for him was at Reading.  He was popular there over 1+ seasons.  The english Championship has always struck me to be good prep for Concacaf because its so physical.  Seems they are saying the issue at Anderlecht is cost, probably due to whatever stupid salary Chelsea pays him.  I would love to see another Championship loan this season, hopefully with a club that might sign him when his contract expires next summer.

 

I agree either another loan to Championship or sell to a bottom half PL team. 

I'm also fine w/ a sell to another big 5 league as well, does Chelsea have a team they commonly sell to?  

I just hope he gets some solid PT next year, selfishly if he's at a PL team it will be easier to watch him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

The Italian national team continues to monitor US youth int'l Gianluca Busio, I'm told. They have reached out to his camp.  Busio, 19, has an Italian passport. He has represented the US at all youth levels, including the 2019 U-17 World Cup. Hasn't made his USMNT debut yet.

Gianluca Busio is expected to be considered for the USMNT's Gold Cup squad next month. If he plays at the Gold Cup, he'd be cap-tied. Busio is in the midst of a breakout season, starting all 9 of Sporting KC's games so far and linked heavily with a number of European clubs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

The Italian national team continues to monitor US youth int'l Gianluca Busio, I'm told. They have reached out to his camp.  Busio, 19, has an Italian passport. He has represented the US at all youth levels, including the 2019 U-17 World Cup. Hasn't made his USMNT debut yet.

Gianluca Busio is expected to be considered for the USMNT's Gold Cup squad next month. If he plays at the Gold Cup, he'd be cap-tied. Busio is in the midst of a breakout season, starting all 9 of Sporting KC's games so far and linked heavily with a number of European clubs

what are the chances we lose this kid?

Is it on GGG if we do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

IMO, less than 1%

If you are looking for reasons to lynch him and have more media members laugh in the fans faces, sure.

Glad it's low.   

Not looking to lynch, just hold accountable.  US Soccer lacks accountability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Glad it's low.   

Not looking to lynch, just hold accountable.  US Soccer lacks accountability.

If you are looking for accountability in this case, questions need to be asked of how Kreis made so many mistakes in the U23 roster.    That U23 team should have been a spring board for a few players but instead it turned out to be a dead end for many others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I agree either another loan to Championship or sell to a bottom half PL team. 

I'm also fine w/ a sell to another big 5 league as well, does Chelsea have a team they commonly sell to?  

I just hope he gets some solid PT next year, selfishly if he's at a PL team it will be easier to watch him.  

Regarding favorite teams for Chelsea to sell to, I think the answer is no.  He's out of contract next summer anyway and probably has relatively high wages, so it seems more likely he'll go on loan for one more season and then leave. Seems highly unlikely they extend - probably not wise for player or club.  

 

The whole Chelsea experiment started due to Miazga's relationship with shady super agent Kia Joorabchian, the guy who reportedly convinced Abramovic to buy Chelsea from Ken Bates in 2003.  Chelsea bought two of his clients on the same day - Miazga and Pato - neither of whom ever played for the club.  At the same time, he got a club in China to pay a record fee to Chelsea for Ramires. That club is now dissolved and Ram is back in Brazil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

If you are looking for accountability in this case, questions need to be asked of how Kreis made so many mistakes in the U23 roster.    That U23 team should have been a spring board for a few players but instead it turned out to be a dead end for many others.

Great point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Regarding favorite teams for Chelsea to sell to, I think the answer is no.  He's out of contract next summer anyway and probably has relatively high wages, so it seems more likely he'll go on loan for one more season and then leave. Seems highly unlikely they extend - probably not wise for player or club.  

 

The whole Chelsea experiment started due to Miazga's relationship with shady super agent Kia Joorabchian, the guy who reportedly convinced Abramovic to buy Chelsea from Ken Bates in 2003.  Chelsea bought two of his clients on the same day - Miazga and Pato - neither of whom ever played for the club.  At the same time, he got a club in China to pay a record fee to Chelsea for Ramires. That club is now dissolved and Ram is back in Brazil.

Pato now with Orlando City!  But I could swear I remember a few Pato appearances (and one or two Miazga appearances that first season before they sent him on loan) for Chelsea.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I can't think of a country with more players like Busio than Italy.  They grow little Pirlo clones in labs.  Busio would be seriously betting on himself to make a one-time switch to a country where he is miles away from the senior team instead of a team where he's already contending for senior minutes by some's reckoning.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

 I can't think of a country with more players like Busio than Italy.  They grow little Pirlo clones in labs.  Busio would be seriously betting on himself to make a one-time switch to a country where he is miles away from the senior team instead of a team where he's already contending for senior minutes by some's reckoning.

 

The Italians will make him an offer he can't refuse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...