What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

I’d save KC for one of the Central America teams, and then use Columbus, Nashville and Cincinnati for the other three.  Austin for Canada, Minnesota for Mexico, and either Seattle/Portland for Jamaica
All sounds good to me except the last one.  I don't want to take the chance of a crappy overlaid grass field at either Portland or Seattle.

I wish Portland would just install grass as they have been hinting at.  That place would go nuts for a US qualifier.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
El Floppo said:
Texas or FL maybe?
I don't think it would have any effect to be honest but Florida likely has a large number of Canadians who live/vacation there.

Of the three in Texas, I would stick to just Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:
rough translation

====================

But still according to our information, Nîmes Olympique would have a plan B if this transfer were to fail and could set his sights on the American goalkeeper Ethan Horvath. Aged 26, he plays at Club Brugge where he played 63 matches, including ten in C1 and C3. Athletic (1.95m) and experienced, this American international (7 caps) has however lost his place at the Belgian club for two seasons. It will be free from any contract on June 30.

I'm sure this is a pipe dream...  but watching Lukaku play right now, I hope Dike can take his similar frame and develop into that type of striker.  

Nowhere near there yet, but he's got a similar build at least.  That's the part that can't be taught/developed.  

From SBI

Cameron Carter-Vickers is likely to be on the move from English club Tottenham this summer and a fellow Premier League side is leading the race for his services.

Newcastle United has edged in front of Bournemouth for the English-American defender, a source close to Carter-Vickers confirmed to SBI. Fulham and Cardiff City have also been in contact with Spurs over a permanent transfer for the centerback and U.S. Men’s National Team prospect.

Tottenham is continuing to value Carter-Vickers at roughly $14 million after enjoying an impressive season with Bournemouth in the EFL Championship this season. Carter-Vickers has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, but hopes to earn regular playing time in 2021-22.

From SBI

Cameron Carter-Vickers is likely to be on the move from English club Tottenham this summer and a fellow Premier League side is leading the race for his services.

Newcastle United has edged in front of Bournemouth for the English-American defender, a source close to Carter-Vickers confirmed to SBI. Fulham and Cardiff City have also been in contact with Spurs over a permanent transfer for the centerback and U.S. Men’s National Team prospect.

Tottenham is continuing to value Carter-Vickers at roughly $14 million after enjoying an impressive season with Bournemouth in the EFL Championship this season. Carter-Vickers has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, but hopes to earn regular playing time in 2021-22.
So in the minds of those in this thread this would put CCV in about the same position as Miazga (assuming Miazga stays in England).  Both looking at top of Championship or bottom of PL, both hoping for regular PT which for CBs means starting roles.  

From SBI

Wow, seems high.

So in the minds of those in this thread this would put CCV in about the same position as Miazga (assuming Miazga stays in England).  Both looking at top of Championship or bottom of PL, both hoping for regular PT which for CBs means starting roles.  
I kind of lump CCV, Long, Zimmerman, and Miazga all together in the "I won't lose any sleep if they have to start for the US while still hoping that Richards and/or McKenzie develop into better players than they are" category.

I kind of lump CCV, Long, Zimmerman, and Miazga all together in the "I won't lose any sleep if they have to start for the US while still hoping that Richards and/or McKenzie develop into better players than they are" category.
I tend to agree, but I also would not be surprised if one of the first 4 ends up better than the two youngsters.  CB's tend to have a development cycle closer to GK's, meaning they develop at an older age, so we just need them all to get playing time and see what happens.  

I'm sure this is a pipe dream...  but watching Lukaku play right now, I hope Dike can take his similar frame and develop into that type of striker.  

Nowhere near there yet, but he's got a similar build at least.  That's the part that can't be taught/developed.  
I nerded out recently by looking at Lukaku's early career, and one thing that's immediately clear is that RL was good at creating for others from an early age in a way that Dike doesn't appear to be doing.  Probably a little too early to write that in stone, but it was noticeable right away.

gimmie!!!!

===================

U.S. Soccer MNT

@USMNT

When you hear the latest #BehindTheCrest drops today at 2pm ET...
It's hard to tell what they really think of Berhalter from these.  But I love them.

They were so pumped about beating Mexico.

(also stand by my emotional in-game reaction: that is never a handball)

It's hard to tell what they really think of Berhalter from these.  But I love them.

They were so pumped about beating Mexico.

(also stand by my emotional in-game reaction: that is never a handball)
I always want more behind the scenes stuff but I realize they scrub these to death in editing.

I did love the "aw shucks" ending with Horvath though.  Very cool :)

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Schalke manager Dimitrios Grammozis on Matt Hoppe missing preseason due to the Gold Cup: “It's not ideal for us. I didn't want to take the chance [from Hoppe]. It would be nice if we could work with him. But for his head, his further development, this is a step forward." #USMNT

40 names here that seem to cover pretty much all the possibilities for the GC 23, based on what I can find anywhere on the Internet. 

Assuming none of the core Euros (19 of them) are brought in:

• Dike, Cowell, Hoppe, J Green, Gioacchini, Zardes, Akinola, Arriola, Konrad, Rubin, Boyd
  • Lletget, LDLT, Clark, Otasowie, Mueller, Busio, Roldan, Flach, Williamson, Pomykal, Cardoso, Acosta, Yueill
  • EPB, CCV, Che, Zimmerman, M Robinson, Sands, Richards
  • Vines, Reynolds, Bello, Lima, Herrera, Araujo
  • Ochoa, Turner, Johnson
Theoretically there are another 20(!) players who'll be on the provisional roster.

40 names here that seem to cover pretty much all the possibilities for the GC 23, based on what I can find anywhere on the Internet. 

Assuming none of the core Euros (19 of them) are brought in:

• Dike, Cowell, Hoppe, J Green, Gioacchini, Zardes, Akinola, Arriola, Konrad, Rubin, Boyd
  • Lletget, LDLT, Clark, Otasowie, Mueller, Busio, Roldan, Flach, Williamson, Pomykal, Cardoso, Acosta, Yueill
  • Ochoa, Turner, Johnson
Theoretically there are another 20(!) players who'll be on the provisional roster.
Of this group the players I want to see the most of...

Dike, Hoppe, Konrad

Busio, Pomykal

CCV, Che, Richards

• Ochoa, Turner, Johnson
Want to see bolded

What's up with Akinola?  I thought he was leaning towards playing for Canada.
I think he is likely to lean towards whom ever will call him first officially.  He is in a bit of a tough spot because he is deep on the depth chart for both countries so it is not an easy choice either way.

I don't know what the provisional roster rules are, but it would not shock me to see him listed on both the US's and Canada's roster later today.

Wow - tons of guys born in 2003 on the US prelim roster.  Very pleasantly surprised.
While none will effect us this cycle, many consider this our strongest birth year ever so it will be fun seeing what develops in the 2026 cycle.  This group moves into its prime for the 2030 cycle.

How many of these can be called into the camp when it starts?  40?
I think 26 but I might be wrong.

I am trying to find out why no LDLT but have not seen anything concrete yet.  It has to be some club commitments.  He was far too good in last appearance to not be a part of a  60 man list obviously.

No Tyler Boyd either which is a bit of a surprise to me considering 59 names.

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

First big takeaway... Moses Nyeman is on the roster. Per CONCACAF's regulation, a passport number was required to be on this list. Seems to be the best indication that he is now an American citizen

FW CADE COWELL 14.10.2003 SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES (USA)
FW CHRIS MUELLER 29.08.1996 ORLANDO CITY FC (USA)
FW COREY BAIRD 30.01.1996 LOS ANGELES F.C. (USA)
FW DARYL DIKE 03.06.2000 ORLANDO CITY FC (USA)
FW DAVID JESUS 24.12.2000 FC DALLAS (USA)
FW FRANKIE AMAYA 26.09.2000 NY RED BULLS (USA)
FW GYASI ZARDES 02.09.1991 COLUMBUS CREW (USA)
FW JONATHAN LEWIS 04.06.1997 COLORADO RAPIDS (USA)
FW JOZY ALTIDORE 06.11.1989 TORONTO FC (CAN)
FW MASON TOYE 16.10.1998 CF MONTREAL (CAN)
FW MATTHEW HOPPE 13.03.2001 FC SCHALKE 4 (GER)
FW NICHOLAS GIOACCHINI 25.07.2000 SM CAEN (FRA)
FW NIRINA JEREMY 14.02.1997 PORTLAND TIMBERS (USA)
FW PAUL ARRIOLA 05.02.1995 DC UNITED (USA)
FW RICARDO PEPI 09.01.2003 FC DALLAS (USA)
FW ROBBIE ROBINSON 17.12.1998 INTER MIAMI CF (USA)
FW RUBIO RUBIN 01.03.1996 REAL SALT LAKE (USA)
MF ANDRES PEREA 14.11.2000 ORLANDO CITY FC (USA)
MF CADEN CLARK 27.05.2003 NY RED BULLS (USA)
MF CARDOSO JOHNNY 20.09.2001 SPORT CLUB INTERNATIONAL (BRA)
MF COLE BASSETT 28.07.2001 COLORADO RAPIDS (USA)
MF CRISTIAN ROLDAN 03.06.1995 SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC (USA)
MF DJORDJE MIHAILOVIC 10.11.1998 CF MONTREAL (CAN)
MF ERYK WILLIAMSON 11.06.1997 PORTLAND TIMBERS (USA)
MF GIANLUCA BUSIO 28.05.2002 SPORTING KANSAS CITY (USA)
MF HASSANI DOTSON 06.08.1997 MINNESOTA UNITED FC (USA)
MF JACKSON YUEILL 19.03.1997 SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES (USA)
MF JULIAN GREEN 06.06.1995 SPVGG GREUTHER FÜRTH (GER)
MF KELLYN ACOSTA 24.07.1995 COLORADO RAPIDS (USA)
MF LEON FLACH 28.02.2001 PHILADELPHIA UNION (USA)
MF MEMO RODRIGUEZ 27.12.1995 HOUSTON DYNAMO (USA)
MF MOSES NYEMAN 05.11.2003 DC UNITED (USA)
MF PAXTON POMYKAL 17.12.1999 FC DALLAS (USA)
MF SEBASTIAN LLETGET 03.09.1992 LA GALAXY (USA)
MF TANNER TESSMANN 24.09.2001 FC DALLAS (USA)
DF AARON HERRERA 06.06.1997 REAL SALT LAKE (USA)
DF AUSTON TRUSTY 12.08.1998 COLORADO RAPIDS (USA)
DF CAMERON CARTER-VICKERS 31.12.1997 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC (ENG)
DF CHASE GASPER 25.01.1996 MINNESOTA UNITED FC (USA)
DF DONOVAN PINES 07.03.1998 DC UNITED (USA)
DF ERIK PALMER-BROWN 24.04.1997 MANCHESTER CITY FC (ENG)
DF GEORGE BELLO 22.01.2002 ATLANTA UNITED FC (USA)
DF HENRY KESSLER 25.06.1998 NEW ENGLAND (USA)
DF JAMES SANDS 06.07.2000 NEW YORK CITY FC (USA)
DF JONATHAN GOMEZ 01.09.2003 LOUISVILLE FC (USA)
DF JULIAN ARAUJO 13.08.2001 LA GALAXY (USA)
DF JUSTIN CHE 18.11.2003 FC DALLAS (USA)
DF KEVIN PAREDES 07.05.2003 DC UNITED (USA)
DF KYLE DUNCAN 08.08.1997 NY RED BULLS (USA)
DF MILES ROBINSON 14.03.1997 ATLANTA UNITED FC (USA)
DF REGGIE CANNON 11.06.1998 BOAVISTA FC (POR)
DF SAM VINES 31.05.1999 COLORADO RAPIDS (USA)
DF SHAQ MOORE 02.11.1996 CD TENERIFE (ESP)
DF WALKER ZIMMERMAN 19.05.1993 NASHVILLE SC (USA)
GK BILL HAMID 25.11.1990 DC UNITED (USA)
GK BRAD GUZAN 09.09.1984 ATLANTA UNITED FC (USA)
GK MATT TURNER 24.06.1994 NEW ENGLAND (USA)
GK SEAN JOHNSON 31.05.1989 NEW YORK CITY FC (USA)
GK TIM MELIA 15.05.1986 SPORTING KANSAS CITY (USA)

Hopefully slightly easier to use.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

First big takeaway... Moses Nyeman is on the roster. Per CONCACAF's regulation, a passport number was required to be on this list. Seems to be the best indication that he is now an American citizen
Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Per U.S. Soccer on the eligibility of Moses Nyeman: "His U.S. passport is in the process of being completed."

So it looks like Canada listed all their top players (Larin, Davies, Osario, Buchanan, David etc) on their roster. 

If they bring their A squad, they will be favored over the US in the group stage.

For kicks...an all-MLS eleven under 21:

• ------Clark Dike Cowell
  • ---Busio Flach Pomykal
  • Vines Sands Che Aurajo
  • -----Turner (not U-21)
btw... it seems like 22 is the O/U for making the jump to Europe now.  I'm sure there will be exceptions going forward, and there are always late bloomers, but for the most part if you aren't there by 22 it more than likely says a lot about your potential ceiling.  They aren't ignoring or downgrading Americans anymore.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Gianluca Busio update: Sporting Lisbon have joined the race as well as a French and Belgian club, I'm told. Nothing close yet, a lot of clubs interested. Still two offers from Serie A and expecting more. SKC asking price likely more than $5m + add ons + sell on %

Users who are viewing this thread