Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

US Men's National Team

11 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

LEFT BACK: Danilo Acosta (24), Antonee Robinson (24)

Robinson looks a real good bet.  Acosta is an injury casualty.  Blew out his knee, missed the entire 2020 season, was waived and has not played a game this year yet.

Looks like he decided to join Honduras for International play

https://www.sundayvision.co.ug/danilo-acosta-forgets-the-united-states-and-decides-to-play-for-honduras/

rough translation

====================

But still according to our information, Nîmes Olympique would have a plan B if this transfer were to fail and could set his sights on the American goalkeeper Ethan Horvath. Aged 26, he plays at Club Brugge where he played 63 matches, including ten in C1 and C3. Athletic (1.95m) and experienced, this American international (7 caps) has however lost his place at the Belgian club for two seasons. It will be free from any contract on June 30.

I'm sure this is a pipe dream...  but watching Lukaku play right now, I hope Dike can take his similar frame and develop into that type of striker.  

Nowhere near there yet, but he's got a similar build at least.  That's the part that can't be taught/developed.  

From SBI

Cameron Carter-Vickers is likely to be on the move from English club Tottenham this summer and a fellow Premier League side is leading the race for his services.

Newcastle United has edged in front of Bournemouth for the English-American defender, a source close to Carter-Vickers confirmed to SBI. Fulham and Cardiff City have also been in contact with Spurs over a permanent transfer for the centerback and U.S. Men’s National Team prospect.

Tottenham is continuing to value Carter-Vickers at roughly $14 million after enjoying an impressive season with Bournemouth in the EFL Championship this season. Carter-Vickers has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, but hopes to earn regular playing time in 2021-22.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

From SBI

Cameron Carter-Vickers is likely to be on the move from English club Tottenham this summer and a fellow Premier League side is leading the race for his services.

Newcastle United has edged in front of Bournemouth for the English-American defender, a source close to Carter-Vickers confirmed to SBI. Fulham and Cardiff City have also been in contact with Spurs over a permanent transfer for the centerback and U.S. Men’s National Team prospect.

Tottenham is continuing to value Carter-Vickers at roughly $14 million after enjoying an impressive season with Bournemouth in the EFL Championship this season. Carter-Vickers has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, but hopes to earn regular playing time in 2021-22.

So in the minds of those in this thread this would put CCV in about the same position as Miazga (assuming Miazga stays in England).  Both looking at top of Championship or bottom of PL, both hoping for regular PT which for CBs means starting roles.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

From SBI

Wow, seems high.

15 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

So in the minds of those in this thread this would put CCV in about the same position as Miazga (assuming Miazga stays in England).  Both looking at top of Championship or bottom of PL, both hoping for regular PT which for CBs means starting roles.  

I kind of lump CCV, Long, Zimmerman, and Miazga all together in the "I won't lose any sleep if they have to start for the US while still hoping that Richards and/or McKenzie develop into better players than they are" category.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I kind of lump CCV, Long, Zimmerman, and Miazga all together in the "I won't lose any sleep if they have to start for the US while still hoping that Richards and/or McKenzie develop into better players than they are" category.

I tend to agree, but I also would not be surprised if one of the first 4 ends up better than the two youngsters.  CB's tend to have a development cycle closer to GK's, meaning they develop at an older age, so we just need them all to get playing time and see what happens.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I'm sure this is a pipe dream...  but watching Lukaku play right now, I hope Dike can take his similar frame and develop into that type of striker.  

Nowhere near there yet, but he's got a similar build at least.  That's the part that can't be taught/developed.  

I nerded out recently by looking at Lukaku's early career, and one thing that's immediately clear is that RL was good at creating for others from an early age in a way that Dike doesn't appear to be doing.  Probably a little too early to write that in stone, but it was noticeable right away.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

gimmie!!!!

===================

U.S. Soccer MNT

@USMNT

When you hear the latest #BehindTheCrest drops today at 2pm ET...

It's hard to tell what they really think of Berhalter from these.  But I love them.

They were so pumped about beating Mexico.

(also stand by my emotional in-game reaction: that is never a handball)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

It's hard to tell what they really think of Berhalter from these.  But I love them.

They were so pumped about beating Mexico.

(also stand by my emotional in-game reaction: that is never a handball)

I always want more behind the scenes stuff but I realize they scrub these to death in editing.

I did love the "aw shucks" ending with Horvath though.  Very cool :)

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Schalke manager Dimitrios Grammozis on Matt Hoppe missing preseason due to the Gold Cup: “It's not ideal for us. I didn't want to take the chance [from Hoppe]. It would be nice if we could work with him. But for his head, his further development, this is a step forward." #USMNT

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

40 names here that seem to cover pretty much all the possibilities for the GC 23, based on what I can find anywhere on the Internet. 

Assuming none of the core Euros (19 of them) are brought in:

• Dike, Cowell, Hoppe, J Green, Gioacchini, Zardes, Akinola, Arriola, Konrad, Rubin, Boyd
  • Lletget, LDLT, Clark, Otasowie, Mueller, Busio, Roldan, Flach, Williamson, Pomykal, Cardoso, Acosta, Yueill
  • EPB, CCV, Che, Zimmerman, M Robinson, Sands, Richards
  • Vines, Reynolds, Bello, Lima, Herrera, Araujo
  • Ochoa, Turner, Johnson

Theoretically there are another 20(!) players who'll be on the provisional roster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

40 names here that seem to cover pretty much all the possibilities for the GC 23, based on what I can find anywhere on the Internet. 

Assuming none of the core Euros (19 of them) are brought in:

• Dike, Cowell, Hoppe, J Green, Gioacchini, Zardes, Akinola, Arriola, Konrad, Rubin, Boyd
  • Lletget, LDLT, Clark, Otasowie, Mueller, Busio, Roldan, Flach, Williamson, Pomykal, Cardoso, Acosta, Yueill
  • Ochoa, Turner, Johnson

Theoretically there are another 20(!) players who'll be on the provisional roster.

Of this group the players I want to see the most of...

Dike, Hoppe, Konrad

Busio, Pomykal

CCV, Che, Richards

44 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:
  • Ochoa, Turner, Johnson

Want to see bolded

1 hour ago, Ned said:

What's up with Akinola?  I thought he was leaning towards playing for Canada.

I think he is likely to lean towards whom ever will call him first officially.  He is in a bit of a tough spot because he is deep on the depth chart for both countries so it is not an easy choice either way.

I don't know what the provisional roster rules are, but it would not shock me to see him listed on both the US's and Canada's roster later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ned said:

What's up with Akinola?  I thought he was leaning towards playing for Canada.

I thought this too... Which is why I'm interested in seeing him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Cannon and Antonee are interesting.

Ditto EPB and CCV.

No Luca de la Torre.  No idea why he's not here, but it's a bummer.

Only around 30 of the 60 here were on even my all-encompassing list.  He went young young with his selections.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

Just now, zoobird said:

Wow - tons of guys born in 2003 on the US prelim roster.  Very pleasantly surprised.

While none will effect us this cycle, many consider this our strongest birth year ever so it will be fun seeing what develops in the 2026 cycle.  This group moves into its prime for the 2030 cycle.

9 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

How many of these can be called into the camp when it starts?  40?

I think 26 but I might be wrong.

I am trying to find out why no LDLT but have not seen anything concrete yet.  It has to be some club commitments.  He was far too good in last appearance to not be a part of a  60 man list obviously.

No Tyler Boyd either which is a bit of a surprise to me considering 59 names.

Edited by NewlyRetired

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

First big takeaway... Moses Nyeman is on the roster. Per CONCACAF's regulation, a passport number was required to be on this list. Seems to be the best indication that he is now an American citizen

FW	CADE COWELL	14.10.2003	SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES 	(USA)
FW	CHRIS MUELLER	29.08.1996	ORLANDO CITY FC 	(USA)
FW	COREY BAIRD	30.01.1996	LOS ANGELES F.C. 	(USA)
FW	DARYL DIKE	03.06.2000	ORLANDO CITY FC 	(USA)
FW	DAVID JESUS	24.12.2000	FC DALLAS  	(USA)
FW	FRANKIE AMAYA	26.09.2000	NY RED BULLS 	(USA)
FW	GYASI ZARDES	02.09.1991	COLUMBUS CREW  	(USA)
FW	JONATHAN LEWIS	04.06.1997	COLORADO RAPIDS  	(USA)
FW	JOZY ALTIDORE	06.11.1989	TORONTO FC  	(CAN)
FW	MASON TOYE	16.10.1998	CF MONTREAL  	(CAN)
FW	MATTHEW HOPPE	13.03.2001	FC SCHALKE 4 	(GER)
FW	NICHOLAS GIOACCHINI	25.07.2000	SM CAEN  	(FRA)
FW	NIRINA JEREMY	14.02.1997	PORTLAND TIMBERS  	(USA)
FW	PAUL ARRIOLA	05.02.1995	DC UNITED  	(USA)
FW	RICARDO PEPI	09.01.2003	FC DALLAS  	(USA)
FW	ROBBIE ROBINSON	17.12.1998	INTER MIAMI CF 	(USA)
FW	RUBIO RUBIN	01.03.1996	REAL SALT LAKE 	(USA)
MF	ANDRES PEREA	14.11.2000	ORLANDO CITY FC 	(USA)
MF	CADEN CLARK	27.05.2003	NY RED BULLS 	(USA)
MF	CARDOSO JOHNNY	20.09.2001	SPORT CLUB INTERNATIONAL 	(BRA)
MF	COLE BASSETT	28.07.2001	COLORADO RAPIDS  	(USA)
MF	CRISTIAN ROLDAN	03.06.1995	SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC 	(USA)
MF	DJORDJE MIHAILOVIC	10.11.1998	CF MONTREAL  	(CAN)
MF	ERYK WILLIAMSON	11.06.1997	PORTLAND TIMBERS  	(USA)
MF	GIANLUCA BUSIO	28.05.2002	SPORTING KANSAS CITY 	(USA)
MF	HASSANI DOTSON	06.08.1997	MINNESOTA UNITED FC 	(USA)
MF	JACKSON YUEILL	19.03.1997	SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES 	(USA)
MF	JULIAN GREEN	06.06.1995	SPVGG GREUTHER FÜRTH 	(GER)
MF	KELLYN ACOSTA	24.07.1995	COLORADO RAPIDS  	(USA)
MF	LEON FLACH	28.02.2001	PHILADELPHIA UNION  	(USA)
MF	MEMO RODRIGUEZ	27.12.1995	HOUSTON DYNAMO  	(USA)
MF	MOSES NYEMAN	05.11.2003	DC UNITED  	(USA)
MF	PAXTON POMYKAL	17.12.1999	FC DALLAS  	(USA)
MF	SEBASTIAN LLETGET	03.09.1992	LA GALAXY  	(USA)
MF	TANNER TESSMANN	24.09.2001	FC DALLAS  	(USA)
DF	AARON HERRERA	06.06.1997	REAL SALT LAKE 	(USA)
DF	AUSTON TRUSTY	12.08.1998	COLORADO RAPIDS  	(USA)
DF	CAMERON CARTER-VICKERS	31.12.1997	TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC 	(ENG)
DF	CHASE GASPER	25.01.1996	MINNESOTA UNITED FC 	(USA)
DF	DONOVAN PINES	07.03.1998	DC UNITED  	(USA)
DF	ERIK PALMER-BROWN	24.04.1997	MANCHESTER CITY FC 	(ENG)
DF	GEORGE BELLO	22.01.2002	ATLANTA UNITED FC 	(USA)
DF	HENRY KESSLER	25.06.1998	NEW ENGLAND  	(USA)
DF	JAMES SANDS	06.07.2000	NEW YORK CITY FC	(USA)
DF	JONATHAN GOMEZ	01.09.2003	LOUISVILLE FC  	(USA)
DF	JULIAN ARAUJO	13.08.2001	LA GALAXY  	(USA)
DF	JUSTIN CHE	18.11.2003	FC DALLAS  	(USA)
DF	KEVIN PAREDES	07.05.2003	DC UNITED  	(USA)
DF	KYLE DUNCAN	08.08.1997	NY RED BULLS 	(USA)
DF	MILES ROBINSON	14.03.1997	ATLANTA UNITED FC 	(USA)
DF	REGGIE CANNON	11.06.1998	BOAVISTA FC  	(POR)
DF	SAM VINES	31.05.1999	COLORADO RAPIDS  	(USA)
DF	SHAQ MOORE	02.11.1996	CD TENERIFE  	(ESP)
DF	WALKER ZIMMERMAN	19.05.1993	NASHVILLE SC  	(USA)
GK	BILL HAMID	25.11.1990	DC UNITED  	(USA)
GK	BRAD GUZAN	09.09.1984	ATLANTA UNITED FC 	(USA)
GK	MATT TURNER	24.06.1994	NEW ENGLAND  	(USA)
GK	SEAN JOHNSON	31.05.1989	NEW YORK CITY FC	(USA)
GK	TIM MELIA	15.05.1986	SPORTING KANSAS CITY 	(USA)

Hopefully slightly easier to use.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

First big takeaway... Moses Nyeman is on the roster. Per CONCACAF's regulation, a passport number was required to be on this list. Seems to be the best indication that he is now an American citizen

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Per U.S. Soccer on the eligibility of Moses Nyeman: "His U.S. passport is in the process of being completed."

8 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

For kicks...an all-MLS eleven under 21:

• ------Clark Dike Cowell
  • ---Busio Flach Pomykal
  • Vines Sands Che Aurajo
  • -----Turner (not U-21)

btw... it seems like 22 is the O/U for making the jump to Europe now.  I'm sure there will be exceptions going forward, and there are always late bloomers, but for the most part if you aren't there by 22 it more than likely says a lot about your potential ceiling.  They aren't ignoring or downgrading Americans anymore.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Gianluca Busio update: Sporting Lisbon have joined the race as well as a French and Belgian club, I'm told. Nothing close yet, a lot of clubs interested. Still two offers from Serie A and expecting more. SKC asking price likely more than $5m + add ons + sell on %

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

So it looks like Canada listed all their top players (Larin, Davies, Osario, Buchanan, David etc) on their roster. 

If they bring their A squad, they will be favored over the US in the group stage.

Mexico looks to have put a ton of their best players on as well.....

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

So it looks like Canada listed all their top players (Larin, Davies, Osario, Buchanan, David etc) on their roster. 

If they bring their A squad, they will be favored over the US in the group stage.

Are you factoring in Zardes on our roster?

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

For kicks...an all-MLS eleven under 21:

• ------Clark Dike Cowell
  • ---Busio Flach Pomykal
  • Vines Sands Che Aurajo
  • -----Turner (not U-21)

That's actually a pretty fun lineup.

Just now, Ned said:

That's actually a pretty fun lineup.

I'd love to see it.

Can someone remind me why our Olympic group didn't look more like this?  I know the Olympic squad selection is kind of a punching bag, but I assume there actually were reasons most of these guys weren't there?