What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (20 Viewers)

Nice!   A mid tier Serie A team with hopes of Europa. 

I have no where near the knowledge needed to know if the teams make up will allow him some minutes but I do love the type of team he is going to.

I don't know if Reynolds is going to get any time with Roma but if he does we are going to be paying more attention to Serie A than ever before.

I wonder if this though will prevent him from playing in the Gold Cup if Sassulo want him for preseason....
Due to relative lack of ability to watch Serie A, I haven't followed much at all overall.  But, I think that's going to change for me this year. 

Looks like CBS won the rights starting this year and it will be on Paramount+.  I'm in.

I’ve always hated the look of Serie A matches on TV. Part of it is so many stadiums have tracks, but I read on Reddit last month it also has something to do with how they don’t doctor (saturate was the word that was used I’m pretty sure) the video feed and I’m not the only one who finds it off-putting. 

Sporting KC is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk now. Ugh.
Don't worry.  With the money KC has from the sale they'll be able to go into the worldwide soccer market and buy several good players -- making the team better!  That's the beauty of being part of a free, unfettered and competitive market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, seems like a good spot for Busio. I don't know much of anything about the club, but if he can pick up some Italian pragmatism and pick up some defensive skills as a potential 6, that would be huge.

Unfortunately,  he seems unlikely for the gold cup now, which is a bummer. 

Tom Bogert@tombogert

Sources: Reports suggesting Sporting KC and Sassuolo have agreed to a $6m deal in principle for Gianluca Busio are not true. Negotiations remain ongoing with multiple clubs. As I reported earlier this month, Sassuolo are indeed in the mix for Busio, but nothing is agreed.

Yeah, seems like a good spot for Busio. I don't know much of anything about the club, but if he can pick up some Italian pragmatism and pick up some defensive skills as a potential 6, that would be huge.

Unfortunately,  he seems unlikely for the gold cup now, which is a bummer. 
Well put.  Aside from playing time, cutting his teeth in Serie A as a 6 is some great experience.  They expect a ton of commitment to the work and shape of their defense.  Not sure Sassuolo are this way, but it is the way of Italian football.

[Larry Henry] Another update on Cameron Carter-Vickers too from earlier, Newcastle look to be in the lead for him, per my source. Bournemouth have quieted their interest of late. Steve Bruce’s side would have to acquire for a decent fee.

Not bad for the apparently lesser Sullivan brother!
Oh wow!  This is Cavan's older brother???  I posted his video last week but I did not make the connection.

That video of Cavan, in retrospect, was more impressive than either Pulisic's or Adu's at that age as they were clowning rec soccer players while Cavan was doing it against other MLS teams academy players.

This is a huge soccer playing family from what I read.  Dad was a lower league pro.  Mom was  Div 1 player.  Their cousin is Chris Albright, the grandfather was the coach at Villanova for 17 years.

Very cool...

Sporting KC is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk now. Ugh.
Don't worry.  With the money KC has from the sale they'll be able to go into the worldwide soccer market and buy several good players -- making the team better!  That's the beauty of being part of a free, unfettered and competitive market.

Edited 10 hours ago by Dinsy Ejotuz
They have to reinvest to stay competitive and avoid the risk of relegation. 

I looked this up and if I understand it right... MLS gets $300k and KC keeps $5.7MM, but can only spend $1.05MM of that on players.
Here are some extra points to consider:

1) MLS gets nothing for Busio because he is home grown.  100% of all transfer fees stay with the team for home grown players.  MLS only takes a small cut (5%), if the player sold is not home grown.

2) A max of $1.05m can be used to spend "towards the cap" for players in the form of General Allocation Money.  The rest of the transfer fee goes to the team to spend how ever they want, which includes paying for DP's, who are not a part of the salary cap.  Or they can use the money on development, facilities, coaches or any of ton of other expenses teams around the world use transfer fee money for.

With Clark and Busio widely being considered obvious next choices to head overseas , now it gets interesting.

Pick 3-4 players under 20 who are the next most likely to make the leap to a Big-5 team?
Cole Bassett

Justin Che

Julian Araujo

Kevin Paredes

Those would be my guess of the next U20s to jump to Europe.

Do you Philly guys have any info on Sullivan?

========

They also know, though, that this year’s rookie class of academy products has enormous potential. Midfielder Quinn Sullivan, age 17, has German powerhouse Borussia Dortmund watching him. Paxten Aaronson, 17, is on track to inherit his older brother Brenden’s mantle as a playmaker.
:stalker:

Well that is one way to break your cherry as a 17 year old pro in your very first start

https://streamable.com/jpaiu3

It just hit me who he reminds me of -- in terms of build and movement, not quality -- Carlos Tevez.
Do you mean his physical build? 

I think Tevez was much stockier.  He is 4 inches shorter than Cade and heavier (at least according to wiki), although Cade is so young he is not in his final form yet so he will likely add a few pounds to that big frame in the next few years.

Do you mean his physical build? 

I think Tevez was much stockier.  He is 4 inches shorter than Cade and heavier (at least according to wiki), although Cade is so young he is not in his final form yet so he will likely add a few pounds to that big frame in the next few years.
Well, that's what I get for not looking them up I guess.  Cowell looks so thick I just assumed he was stocky and not just huge.

0-2 today.  MUST. DO. BETTER.

that quick little touch to get it to his left foot was very smooth.  Wonder if the potential Dike injury (do we know if he's ok yet?) gets him on the Gold Cup Roster.

that quick little touch to get it to his left foot was very smooth.  Wonder if the potential Dike injury (do we know if he's ok yet?) gets him on the Gold Cup Roster.
I sure hope so. And, to think, his left foot is his weak foot. Yet he's already scored twice with it. That's 3 goals and 3 assists in 11 appearances so far.

Better link of his highlights so far

That through ball pass with the outside of his boot gets me chubby everytime I see it.

I’m surprised no ones brought up CR7 in terms of build.  

In any case, he’s gone int he window after his 18th birthday, so he might be the winner of Andy’s question

Lets take a look at minutes played across all club competitions last season for some of our Europe based players (let me know if you want to see numbers for anyone else):

Pulisic: 2,458 (second most minutes in a single year in his career, tied for most matches in his career)

Weston: 2,406 (most minutes and most matches played in his career.  WAAAY more than I expected)

Adams: 2,234 ( the most minutes played in his career and most matches.  Nice for an often injured player)

Reyna: 2,693 (certainly excellent for his first full pro season especially considering the offensive talent he competes with)

Dest: 2,815 (huge number especially when we were worried about playing time at Barca)

Sargent: 2,962 (no surprise here and was done with less games than most others on list.  Just constant playing time last season.  Minutes are not the issue, offensive production is)

Brooks: 2,952 (most minutes and matches played in career.  Great to see )

Robinson: 2,462 (really solid number against high level EPL forwards all season)

Cannon: 2,506 (rock solid number in his first year in Europe)

Miazga: 2,160 (same story every year.  Decent minutes but team never buys him)

Weah: 1,360 (while it was the most minutes he has played in his career, it is still way less than we all hope for)

Musah: 1,642 (very respectful first season especially when he broke in at just 17 in La Liga)

Mix has certainly had an interesting career :)   Champions League football awaits!  :)

==================

Omonia is very close to implementing at least two of the three transfers that will complete its roster and are included in the initial design. One of them is Mix Diskrud, with whom there is an agreement. The reason that delays the formalization of the cooperation is the contract that he keeps until June 30. At the beginning of July, then, the announcement will emerge and probably at the same time another one, one of the two extremes that Omonia will include in its roster. The other move may take a little longer, unless the chosen one who meets the criteria is identified.

Users who are viewing this thread