What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (11 Viewers)

Paxten vs FC Cincy

He's a clone of his brother.  Looks far less refined/unpolished, but you can see the same work rate is there with a lot of the same qualities.  Assuming continued health, he'll be a piece in 2026 for sure and wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved in a couple years.
That video of the brothers playing backyardigans was epic. Immediate Paxton pickle from that.

Paxten vs FC Cincy

He's a clone of his brother.  Looks far less refined/unpolished, but you can see the same work rate is there with a lot of the same qualities.  Assuming continued health, he'll be a piece in 2026 for sure and wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved in a couple years.
He looks fantastic! 

This next age group is going to have to be really frigging good to get chances. Pulisic, Gio, Weah, Brenden, and Konrad are all of the age that they will be improving significantly before 2026. 

Guys like Paxten, Cade Cowell, Caden Clark appear to be great talents. But they may have to come absolutely blasting through like the Kool-Aid man to even get call-ups. Just the wrong positions. 

He looks fantastic! 

This next age group is going to have to be really frigging good to get chances. Pulisic, Gio, Weah, Brenden, and Konrad are all of the age that they will be improving significantly before 2026. 

Guys like Paxten, Cade Cowell, Caden Clark appear to be great talents. But they may have to come absolutely blasting through like the Kool-Aid man to even get call-ups. Just the wrong positions. 
Or Pulisic could be perennially injured and not available...

I know I've brought this up a few times lately, but it's just another example and one more comparable, IMO.

Alphonso Davies played a full game for Bayern on 10/3. He then came over here and played in all 3 matches for Canada going the full 90 in all but the last one when he came out for the final 10 minutes (they were up 4-1). He was clearly influential in their results.

And today, right back in the starting lineup for Bayern.

So the big clubs are clearly ok with their guys playing that much. And it's not a CONCACAF thing. 

Scally was finally subbed for the first time all season but he still went a robust 81 minutes in the game where he was very active.  He played RWB in first half and then moved to LWB in second half in a 3-4-3 set up.

Scally was finally subbed for the first time all season but he still went a robust 81 minutes in the game where he was very active.  He played RWB in first half and then moved to LWB in second half in a 3-4-3 set up.

Meh. Wake me up when he outperforms George bello

Davies got pulled after 40 minutes, but Bayern are up 5-0 at half so probably not much to it. NBD just Leverkusen. 

As a huge fan of progressive ball carriers, I really like Scally.  These two stats jump off the page to me considering he is only 18. 

He has the 10th most progressive carries in all of the Bundesliga and is the 4th most fouled player in the entire league, having already drawn 17 fouls.

I know these two stats have synergy with each other but they really show how involved the kid is in the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a huge fan of progressive ball carriers, I really like Scally.  These two stats jump off the page to me considering he is only 18. 

He has the 10th most progressive carries in all of the Bundesliga and is the 4th most fouled player in the entire league, having already drawn 17 fouls.

I know these two stats have synergy with each other but they really show how involved the kid is in the games.
That's insane, especially for a "defender", even if attack minded.

And considering that's how our first choice backs play, he's a perfect fit to backup.

It is shame that the US can't seem to figure out how to play a 3-4-3.  We have enough quality CB's and players like Jedi, Scally and Dest are perfect for the wide players in the 4.

If GGG could ever find the discipline to tighten up his rotation, I would love to see the three players I just mentioned cover all the minutes entirely for our wide defenders.  Dest and Scally both being able to play both sides makes this possible.  We should not need to go 4 deep at these positions.

Wouldn’t a 3-4-3 sacrifice somebody like Musah for another CB? Or would you play someone like A. Robinson as one of the 3 CBs?

Wouldn’t a 3-4-3 sacrifice somebody like Musah for another CB? Or would you play someone like A. Robinson as one of the 3 CBs?
It would most likely be Musah and McKennie that would end up rotating in the middle of the 4 with Adams.

I bet Jedi could play in the 3 but that is not his strength.  You want him running up and down that wing.

I am not advocating a 3-4-3 as the main formation but it would be nice to have a second formation to use if and when it might be appropriate.

Personally not a fan of 3-4-3 as I don’t feel like we need the extra CB coverage and I don’t think Jedi, Dest or Scally are suited to be one of the 3.  Maybe against a team we feel is superior against us (WC group game?)

Maybe they saw the goal he scored and thought "yes please".

But I agree, looks legit. 

:popcorn:
Just saw a highlight or him doing some really nice work in the box and feeding a wide open Coutinho for the game-killing goal late, so he must've gone pretty close to 90 if not full game.

Anybody watch?

Eta...sorry guys, my page hadn't refreshed so I didn't see the other posts about this.

Not saying Musah couldn't do better there but wtf was the whole Valencia defense doing. Coutinho was all by himself at the 6 for like 3-4 seconds before the ball even made way to him. 
They were making sure to watch US legend Dest doing his thing with the ball. Who needs to defend when you can watch that.

It's getting to the point now for some of these where I'm like "who?"

So who is that? Have we talked about him before?
Christian Cappis.  Another of the FC Dallas boys that went to Europe.  He has been called up by GGG 3 times but has yet to be capped.

22 year old that recently signed a 4 year deal with Brondby in Denmark.

This was the kid that got caught up in a work permit mess with another team in Denmark which cost him much missed time and almost got him deported back to the US.

El Floppo said:
Just saw a highlight or him doing some really nice work in the box and feeding a wide open Coutinho for the game-killing goal late, so he must've gone pretty close to 90 if not full game.

Anybody watch?

Eta...sorry guys, my page hadn't refreshed so I didn't see the other posts about this.
I watched the 1st half...Dest looked fantastic. doing all the same stuff on the ball he did for the US- completely ruthless and fearless. had a couple of just misses on goal, some great dribbles and attacking with ball into space or at guys (don't recall him losing the ball trying these) and great passes all over the field.

I watched the 1st half...Dest looked fantastic. doing all the same stuff on the ball he did for the US- completely ruthless and fearless. had a couple of just misses on goal, some great dribbles and attacking with ball into space or at guys (don't recall him losing the ball trying these) and great passes all over the field.
Koeman obviously reading our posts.

GGG would have given the kid a week off to rest :)

=======

FotMob

@FotMob

Cole Palmer puts us all to shame… If you’re struggling to get going after a heavy weekend just remember the 19-year-old came off the bench for City versus Burnley on Saturday afternoon… Then walked to the Academy Stadium and smashed in a hat-trick for the U23s in the evening

Koeman obviously reading our posts.

He was really effective and being a winger hid his defensive foibles since Roberto essentially never overlapped.  Because there was no overlap, they effectively used him as a dummy on the right to suck up pressure and draw Valencia over and then have him start the switch it to the other side of the field.  He seems like an auto-start for them at this point somewhere on the right side.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread