Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

US Men's National Team

56 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Davies just strolled by Dest down the wing, leading to Araujo needing to take a yellow to stop him.

unsurprisingly, Dest got yanked at halftime. Davies owned him.

has not been a great start to his Xavi days (which sound like they could be limited)

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

[Gerard Romero, on twitch stream]: Marc Andre Ter-Stegen, Frenkie De Jong and Sergiño Dest will all be placed on the transfer market in the upcoming window

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

#USMNT DF Sergiño Dest (21) is looking to leave Barcelona and has been in contact with Bayern Munich, who had interest in the defender last year. Barcelona manager Xavi would not block an exit for Dest and the American would be made available for around $30 million.

15 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Assumed this was about CCV, did not expect him to be #1.  

When was his last run in the full USMNT?  Is he worth another look at some point?  We seem to be so deep at CB, we need some of this depth at LB/RB and midfield.  

24 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

When was his last run in the full USMNT?  Is he worth another look at some point?  We seem to be so deep at CB, we need some of this depth at LB/RB and midfield.  

It has been a long time since he has been with the team in any capacity.  Not Nations League, not Gold Cup and not qualifiers.

He appears to be in a spot like Miazga where they are just behind the core guys GGG likes.

29 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:
55 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

It has been a long time since he has been with the team in any capacity.  Not Nations League, not Gold Cup and not qualifiers.

He appears to be in a spot like Miazga where they are just behind the core guys GGG likes.

but given his play, he deserves to be called into camp at least. and then see how he stacks up and/or can play the GGGGG way.

el tri tied Chile yesterday, including the call up of that 18yo tri national MF.. name escapes... who's on the books at Arsenal (and eligible for Canada through birth).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I actually just remembered he's still on loan from Spurs and valued at 10mil.  

I wonder if Conte would give him a shot at earning some PT at Spurs.  Conte plays a  3 man back line, so there would be more opportunities for PT. 

Making his way onto the Spurs roster/bench maybe a pipe dream, but I keep hoping CCV will breakthrough somewhere better than the Championship or Scottish league.  

25 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

who in our current pool has the biggest swings in quality when playing for the US?

I feel like Dest, Jedi and Acosta can all vary in a wide range of quality game to game.

I like Dest and he's got a lot of tools, but I do wonder what his best position is.

If you were designing a formation around Dest specifically built for him, what would it be and where would you put him?

Pure wingback in a 5-3-2/3-5-2?

4 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I like Dest and he's got a lot of tools, but I do wonder what his best position is.

If you were designing a formation around Dest specifically built for him, what would it be and where would you put him?

Wingback or a traditional Right Mid in a 442.

12 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Dest might leave Barca after not getting as much playing time. Barca could be a train wreck in 18 months 

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

How about they just play Balogun instead, and let's see if he ends up with the US.

Also...gonna be tough to gain new fans build the kind of American fan-base that they want if people can't watch their games without adding Peacock.

6 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Dest might leave Barca after not getting as much playing time. Barca could be a train wreck in 18 months 

Yes...Dest leaving is what the discussion has been about. Amd Barca is already a Trainwreck. In 18 months they're more likely to have righted the ship then have gotten worse imo.

48 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

#USMNT MF Tyler Adams (22) is being linked with a move to Manchester United. Adams has previously played under both Rangnick and Armas and according to Sport Bild Adams has a release clause of a little over $40 million

Huh. For all the griping the Man U guys in here make about the Fred/McTim/Matic DMs, this might actually be a good spot. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Huh. For all the griping the Man U guys in here make about the Fred/McTim/Matic DMs, this might actually be a good spot. 

This actually makes a ton of sense, at least from a tactic/player fit perspective especially given the rumblings that RBL wants more a possession game.  At least two of those current ManU guys aren't pressing DMs.  

23 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

This actually makes a ton of sense, at least from a tactic/player fit perspective especially given the rumblings that RBL wants more a possession game.  At least two of those current ManU guys aren't pressing DMs.  

and Adams is and has been very much in the original RB mold of press and progress the ball quickly- which was Ragnarock's creation, yeah? I've mentioned a fantastic video highlighting the NYRB approach- with Marsch live diagraming game-play to highlight the approach... Adams was the poster boy for it.

of course, if/when he moves on over the summer, that would leave Adams dangling at the mercy of a new coach and system...as he is now.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Yes...Dest leaving is what the discussion has been about. Amd Barca is already a Trainwreck. In 18 months they're more likely to have righted the ship then have gotten worse imo.

Disagree they are in so disarray right now. They need to get the high wage guys off the roster but no one is gonna bite or take most of them IMO

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Disagree they are in so disarray right now. They need to get the high wage guys off the roster but no one is gonna bite or take most of them IMO

I'm watching them most games for Dest...for Barca, they're a mess. I think I've only seen them control a game once or twice, the rest of the time it's anybody's game and they're often outplayed. That's disarray for Barca. Right now. In 18 months, they'll have had to time to right the books behind the scenes and have Xavi get the guys that are there on the same page in front of the scenes.

sargent starting against the new look Manchester united.

Yahoo sports ap has a pretty funny looking formation for ManU (which is obviously not accurate)

Rashford            Ronaldo

Sancho               Fernandez

Fred                    McTominay

Telles     Maguire     Lindelof       Dalot

DeGea

I'm no soccer expert, but the 4-2-2-2 with nobody in the middle of the field seems unwise.....

edit: ok apparently it actually IS a 4-2-2-2 (didn't know that was a thing). Although I'm sure they wont be in 2 straight lines like that. I think.... :shrug: 

Edited by TLEF316

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Looks like Balogun will likely be going out on loan in January per Per (Mertesacker).

Somebody mentioned he was training with the first team...but he didn't dress today. Hopefully a loan gets him big boy minutes..by all accounts he's doing great with the reserves/u-whatever team.

10 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

sargent starting against the new look Manchester united.

Yahoo sports ap has a pretty funny looking formation for ManU (which is obviously not accurate)

Rashford            Ronaldo

Sancho               Fernandez

Fred                    McTominay

Telles     Maguire     Lindelof       Dalot

DeGea

I'm no soccer expert, but the 4-2-2-2 with nobody in the middle of the field seems unwise.....

edit: ok apparently it actually IS a 4-2-2-2 (didn't know that was a thing). Although I'm sure they wont be in 2 straight lines like that. I think.... :shrug: 

HOLD YOUR LINE!!!

No..NOT THAT LINE!!!

3 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Pulisic on the bench for Chelsea again today. 

DNP.

It was a pretty full-blooded affair...I wonder if Tuchel decided CP was an injury risk in this one. Or, given CPs inconsistent play, has he just dropped down further in the pecking order.