What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (14 Viewers)

I clearly continue to have no understanding of what makes a player attractive to clubs

===========

Chris Smith

@CJSmith91

Darren Eales has just confirmed #ATLUTD have had a "swirl of interest" for George Bello & would be willing to facilitate a move to Europe if the right offer came. Stated that the club haven't received offers for Miles Robinson and wouldn't consider them this year

Chris Smith

@CJSmith91

First reported by @tombogert, sources have confirmed Charlotte FC & FC Dallas have both placed offers for Paul Arriola

╭━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━╮
┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━━╯
┃╰━╯┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃╰━━╮
┃╭━╮┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╭━╮┣━━╮┃
┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┣━━╯┃
╰━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━╯

Weah got 25 mins of sub time in the win. Anybody see it?

I watched part of Scally and munchygrabpants. woof. he was part of a shambolic play off their corner- second ball drops next to an opponent and a teammate around the corner of the box, with Scally dropped back about 10 yards. for whatever reason, his teammate decides to let Scally be responsible for the both the ball and his own man and stands still, watching... opponent gets the ball easily at speed going at Scally, drives down the field and they score. I'm sure there's a gif out there... just awful.

another home field disadvantage

@SoccerInsider: USSF has chosen Orlando for the USMNT’s final World Cup qualifier at home:

March 27 vs Panama, 7 pm ET on FS1, UniMas and TUDN

It falls between trips to Mexico and Costa Rica.

@SoccerInsider: USSF has chosen Orlando for the USMNT’s final World Cup qualifier at home:

Quick google search...

Largest population of Panamanian-Americans in the US.... Florida....28,741

Exploria stadium capacity.....25,500

OOF

Edit: to be fair, this is where we played them in 2017 in the 2nd to last qualifier (prior to the game we shall not mention....). We killed them 4-0.

Last edited by a moderator:
==========

Charles Boehm

@cboehm

I've been told that a framework was in place for the USMNT to play these next 2 home games in Portland and San Jose, but that plan got canned when CanMNT selected Hamilton as their site. So, extra flight time to the West Coast vs Midwestern winter conditions.

==========

Charles Boehm

@cboehm

I've been told that a framework was in place for the USMNT to play these next 2 home games in Portland and San Jose, but that plan got canned when CanMNT selected Hamilton as their site. So, extra flight time to the West Coast vs Midwestern winter conditions.
DUM

Ives Galarcep

@SoccerByIves

I'm told Club America & Tijuana reached an agreement to waive 50% fee Xolos would be owed of any Arriola transfer amount above $2.75M #DCU paid Xolos (the clubs do a TON of business together) In other words, America is very much in play for Arriola, though my is on FC Dallas

I was very nervous about this exact same fixture in 2017 but the crowd turned out to be 95%+ US.

Costa Rica is going to make 4th place really interesting if they can win at home against Panama next week. Part of me wants CR dead and buried but they'd be fine playing spoiler against the US regardless, so I'm hoping CR can get all 3. 

Mendez vid from last game... sorry... "Alex".

watching games on my phone while working... I'm missing a lot. I think I said he looked clean on the ball- looks even better here. I like the little bit of defensive presence he shows too, but mostly this looks like a kid that always has the next play in his pocket.. I want to see more, even though the team is pretty dreadful.

and Musah.

another game I had on my phone while working. He was all over the field- I couldn't figure out where they had him playing, tbh. I love how he progresses the ball , especially in places where the defense assumes he'll go backwards with it. Some sloppy touches as he approached the box a couple times that should have been better... but otherwise, another solid game against a top team. 

Sounds like Adams had a decent, not great game in a more advanced role...lacking attacking edge (which isn't really his thing anyways). 

As of today, MMA is looking locked and loaded.

Looking to be a very cold match next Thursday in Columbus.  Gonna have to bust out all the layers and hand warmers for this one . 

AP news
mid 20s is fine... cold, but totally manageable (for the players- not you guys watching... it's going to be cold as balls for you :lol:   ). Wind will be the determining factor here... >10mph is going to be rough

same article says similar temps for Canada game- and IIRC, they have a heated field. my last college game was NCAAs round of 16 at Dartmouth in NH in mid/late Nov. field had been plowed from a recent snow storm, air temps were 20s/30s...but the slushy field had my feet numb within 5 minutes. heated field should help, I'd think.

but that Minny game starts to get into the yuck if those <20 temps hold

mid 20s is fine... cold, but totally manageable (for the players- not you guys watching... it's going to be cold as balls for you :lol:   ). Wind will be the determining factor here... >10mph is going to be rough

same article says similar temps for Canada game- and IIRC, they have a heated field. my last college game was NCAAs round of 16 at Dartmouth in NH in mid/late Nov. field had been plowed from a recent snow storm, air temps were 20s/30s...but the slushy field had my feet numb within 5 minutes. heated field should help, I'd think.

but that Minny game starts to get into the yuck if those <20 temps hold
Columbus field is heated too I believe so yeah that will help.  
I’m going with my wife who is Always cold and 15 yo son and I’m so glad I sprung for club level seats. Apparently those have a private indoor club area which will be so nice for them to have to get warmed up. 

I'm with the comments wondering about how this is good for anybody... aside from possibly Turner's bank account.

Revs lose their lifesaving GK who will go sit on the bench except for a few cup games. Does Arsenal not try to play out of the back? I just don't see his feet allowing him to break through there, regardless of what the rest of him can do.

eta: but it IS cool that a historically big club like Arsenal might want a US player.

I'm with the comments wondering about how this is good for anybody... aside from possibly Turner's bank account.

Revs lose their lifesaving GK who will go sit on the bench except for a few cup games. Does Arsenal not try to play out of the back? I just don't see his feet allowing him to break through there, regardless of what the rest of him can do.

eta: but it IS cool that a historically big club like Arsenal might want a US player.
There are layers here though in terms of long term big picture stuff.  

If this happens, I am sure the fee will be decent given Twellman's comment.  Remember that the Kraft's were said to be one of the owners who said MLS could never work in a global market.  Then in just a short time they might sell Buchannan, Turner and Buska all of which is going to net them a ton of money.

While this one move might not be great for various reasons for the National team, I think it bodes well for continual upward movement for American's in MLS in the future.

There are layers here though in terms of long term big picture stuff.  

If this happens, I am sure the fee will be decent given Twellman's comment.  Remember that the Kraft's were said to be one of the owners who said MLS could never work in a global market.  Then in just a short time they might sell Buchannan, Turner and Buska all of which is going to net them a ton of money.

While this one move might not be great for various reasons for the National team, I think it bodes well for continual upward movement for American's in MLS in the future.
fair enough, re long-term ripples. and certainly a quality young player can look at the Revs now and see players moving on to genuinely big clubs and want to play there for the same opportunity.

but for the immediate concerns for the teams and player, this helps nobody.

From ESPN on Turner

======

A second source with knowledge of the discussions added that the proposed transfer fee is comparable to the $7.5 millon Manchester City paid for Zack Steffen back in 2019, a deal that potentially reached $10m with add-ons.

If the deal is consummated, Arsenal anticipate Turner having a "significant role" with club, a key factor ahead of the current New England keeper's expected participation in the 2022 World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread