Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

US Men's National Team

I'm loving LDLT. really hope we see him instead of any of the other backups to MMA.

I'm interested and kinda liking no Sarge. Interested and kinda less liking no Prefok, who I think has been scoing.

Happy to see JMo back.

Roldan and Lletget. right. GGGGing. Out of season guys instead of Busio. tbh, I don't know that Busio is going to give more than Roldan. and Lletsget serious, but Lletget won't be playing a holding MF role any time ever. but I guess until there's somebody else in the MF.... is there anybody else in the MF? Johnny's not on the spot just yet. Sonora? 

Weah. I'm hoping he can give as many minutes as he can- likely subbing for 20-30 max I'd think.

Scally slept with GGG's daughter. or something. I like Lennon fine, but at this point over a guy who... oh forgggget it.

Smart to get Slonina in there too, to whet his appetite and keep him more interested in us than Poland.

5 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

About what?

I know I'm probably missing something obvious, but don't see it on first pass.

ETA: or a second pass.  Looks strong!

:lol:

the scallywags!

5 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

There is no possible way USMNT Twitter is not going to have a meltdown over a roster with Lletget, Roldan, and Arriola.  And Brooks has strung about 5 good games together in Europe, so they'll meltdown over his exclusion as well.

Brooks and Scally are the two I can get behind.  At least without knowing what went into it.

I'm a big Brooks homer and want to see Scally ASAP, but it's not 100% either is a starter if they're here (Antonee/Dest + Robinson/Zimmerman have been good).  But we ought to have our best 25 or whatever and I'm pretty sure they're in it.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

I'm still Scally-agnostic.  He's gotten a lot of playing time, but I don't really see a player who fits Gregg's ideas of what he wants out of a fullback.  I totally get how he might prefer a converted winger like Lennon. Particularly as he's seen them both train.

I'm just past giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't been good the entire cycle.  He wasn't good the last cycle.  It's been a long time since the Copa America Centenario, which is really the only sustained run of good form he's had with the Nats (and he was bad in the semi against Argentina even there).  And I suspect he's not great in the locker room.

2 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I'm still Scally-agnostic.  He's gotten a lot of playing time, but I don't really see a player who fits Gregg's ideas of what he wants out of a fullback.  I totally get how he might prefer a converted winger like Lennon. Particularly as he's seen them both train.

I'm just past giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't been good the entire cycle.  He wasn't good the last cycle.  It's been a long time since the Copa America Centenario, which is really the only sustained run of good form he's had with the Nats (and he was bad in the semi against Argentina even there).  And I suspect he's not great in the locker room.

Eh.  I still think Brooks is better than anything McKenzie has ever shown.

No idea about Scally, but would like to find out.

But I can't see getting jacked up about either of them and Berhalter's earned the benefit of the doubt IMO.

Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:
5 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Expand  

But I can't see getting jacked up about either of them and Berhalter's earned the benefit of the doubt IMO.

Brooks has shown way more upside than McKenzie ever will, I think. 

But he's also shown some serious down side that we haven't seen from McKenzie just yet... even mixed in with some middling play on his part. Game changing downside.

3 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

These back of the roster decisions have mattered in each of the windows and the fact he's still making choices like this is (while not surprising) frankly depressing.   

• Like 1

Ives Galarcep

@SoccerByIves

Asked Gregg Berhalter if there are any concerns about any #USMNT players not being able to play in Canada due to Covid restrictions (missing vaccine/booster, etc.) and he confirmed that everyone on the roster is able to travel to Canada.

• Like 1

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

Ives Galarcep

@SoccerByIves

Asked Gregg Berhalter if there are any concerns about any #USMNT players not being able to play in Canada due to Covid restrictions (missing vaccine/booster, etc.) and he confirmed that everyone on the roster is able to travel to Canada.

Somebody on the game at Panama roster wasn't able to IIRC... right?

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

jesus

===========

John Muller

@johnspacemuller

Josh Sargent is Norwich's second-leading scorer this season. It's not even a tie or anything.

they have 10 goals. at least one of them is by owen.

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

jesus

===========

John Muller

@johnspacemuller

Josh Sargent is Norwich's second-leading scorer this season. It's not even a tie or anything.

lol... looking it up just now... they have 6 assists total. each by a different player. none of them that look like Ronald McDonald or Big Bird.

21 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

who has more EPL goals... 

CP or Sarge?

CP has 3 in the EPL this year.  Sargent has played 350 more minutes than CP in the EPL as after today.  CP has only played 290 minutes as a winger(or inside forward) in the EPL.  All his other minutes have been at center forward or right wing back.

2 minutes ago, encaitar said:

CP has 3 in the EPL this year.  Sargent has played 350 more minutes than CP in the EPL as after today.  CP has only played 290 minutes as a winger(or inside forward) in the EPL.  All his other minutes have been at center forward or right wing back.

ok, brad.

who has more total goals across all competitions this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Do you guys think the roster was 29 to start or was it always 28 an then Busio was replaced with someone (Luca?)

Probably had 30, with Lleget listed twice just to be sure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Do you guys think the roster was 29 to start or was it always 28 an then Busio was replaced with someone (Luca?)

Didn't GGG say he found larger rosters unworkable for training purposes?

So the roster...

4 RBs and only 1 true LB- leaving Dest as the only cover (a guy who hasn't been playing, if recent form matters...which it clearly doesnt). Scally's form hasn't been amazing lately- reminds of Reyna this time last year- but see above. And he can play both positions. Lennon's form...oh right, doesn't matter. I understand his inclusion from a play GGG style way, tbh, but when he's the 4th choice RB and we've left a daily bundie LB/RB starter off... No. Is Dest and Yedlin any better/worse than Death/Scally? Toss up for me...but the underlying issue is forcing Dest or Jedi to go 270 without any option if Dest gets hurt/COVID.

4 CBs that don't include Brooks or CCV. Shrug. I'd have liked one of them included as a just in case of COVID option (and based on form...oh, right...they deserve it), but I'm not going to get worked up about it. McKenzie is 4th choice here, and barring injury/COVID shouldn't see the field...nor would any 5th choice or replacement of his at the 4th.

GGG Binkie Bunch- Roldan, Acosta, Lletget, Nips. Sigh. They profit by being seen by GGG in camp for the last month and the last years. The issue for me isn't their inclusion as much who really has stamped a spot to oust them? First thought is KdlF, but he doesn't have the required defensive component to his game that Nips, Lletget or Roldan do. And while I like him as a very specific late game chase a goal winger...that's probably too specific for GGG vs those guys who can play multiple spots with a high floor equal to their ceiling. So who else should replace these guys....Sarge? Tessman? Busio? Alex? Ledezma? A case for Busio for sure, I'm on fence between him and Acosta- probably leaning Busio, but of course the drop is substantial to either of them if Adams can't go 270. And maybe this is LDLTs moment...and I vastly prefer him at the 8 to replace Musah and/or Swag, but don't know if he plays the 6.

Serious question....who else would be clearly better here? I want there to be somebody.

Forwards... :shrug: the only issue for me is not bringing an in season guy like Prefok in. I don't think he's shown to be all that for the US, but he adds a different factor to the field- a guy who uses his height and long reach and is scoring goals. But instead of who? Either NIps, JMo or Zardes...and that's where them getting to be in front of GGG every day the last week's gives them an advantage...plus they are all GGG types of players who can cover a lot ground. I'd actually have liked to see Dike again...but I think GGG said he wants him to settle at the new club first...which I get.