What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (8 Viewers)

About what?

I know I'm probably missing something obvious, but don't see it on first pass.

There is no possible way USMNT Twitter is not going to have a meltdown over a roster with Lletget, Roldan, and Arriola.  And Brooks has strung about 5 good games together in Europe, so they'll meltdown over his exclusion as well.

I'm loving LDLT. really hope we see him instead of any of the other backups to MMA.

I'm interested and kinda liking no Sarge. Interested and kinda less liking no Prefok, who I think has been scoing.

Happy to see JMo back.

Roldan and Lletget. right. GGGGing. Out of season guys instead of Busio. tbh, I don't know that Busio is going to give more than Roldan. and Lletsget serious, but Lletget won't be playing a holding MF role any time ever. but I guess until there's somebody else in the MF.... is there anybody else in the MF? Johnny's not on the spot just yet. Sonora? 

Weah. I'm hoping he can give as many minutes as he can- likely subbing for 20-30 max I'd think.

Scally slept with GGG's daughter. or something. I like Lennon fine, but at this point over a guy who... oh forgggget it.

Smart to get Slonina in there too, to whet his appetite and keep him more interested in us than Poland.

There is no possible way USMNT Twitter is not going to have a meltdown over a roster with Lletget, Roldan, and Arriola.  And Brooks has strung about 5 good games together in Europe, so they'll meltdown over his exclusion as well.
Brooks and Scally are the two I can get behind.  At least without knowing what went into it.

I'm a big Brooks homer and want to see Scally ASAP, but it's not 100% either is a starter if they're here (Antonee/Dest + Robinson/Zimmerman have been good).  But we ought to have our best 25 or whatever and I'm pretty sure they're in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still Scally-agnostic.  He's gotten a lot of playing time, but I don't really see a player who fits Gregg's ideas of what he wants out of a fullback.  I totally get how he might prefer a converted winger like Lennon. Particularly as he's seen them both train.

I'm just past giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't been good the entire cycle.  He wasn't good the last cycle.  It's been a long time since the Copa America Centenario, which is really the only sustained run of good form he's had with the Nats (and he was bad in the semi against Argentina even there).  And I suspect he's not great in the locker room.

Lost in this really unexpected brace is that this is a massive game for Norwich's hope's of staying up.   Still a long long way to go but had they lost this game, they would have been screwed.

I'm still Scally-agnostic.  He's gotten a lot of playing time, but I don't really see a player who fits Gregg's ideas of what he wants out of a fullback.  I totally get how he might prefer a converted winger like Lennon. Particularly as he's seen them both train.

I'm just past giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't been good the entire cycle.  He wasn't good the last cycle.  It's been a long time since the Copa America Centenario, which is really the only sustained run of good form he's had with the Nats (and he was bad in the semi against Argentina even there).  And I suspect he's not great in the locker room.
Eh.  I still think Brooks is better than anything McKenzie has ever shown.

No idea about Scally, but would like to find out.

But I can't see getting jacked up about either of them and Berhalter's earned the benefit of the doubt IMO.

5 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Expand  

But I can't see getting jacked up about either of them and Berhalter's earned the benefit of the doubt IMO.
Brooks has shown way more upside than McKenzie ever will, I think. 

But he's also shown some serious down side that we haven't seen from McKenzie just yet... even mixed in with some middling play on his part. Game changing downside.

These back of the roster decisions have mattered in each of the windows and the fact he's still making choices like this is (while not surprising) frankly depressing.   

Ives Galarcep

@SoccerByIves

Asked Gregg Berhalter if there are any concerns about any #USMNT players not being able to play in Canada due to Covid restrictions (missing vaccine/booster, etc.) and he confirmed that everyone on the roster is able to travel to Canada.

Ives Galarcep

@SoccerByIves

Asked Gregg Berhalter if there are any concerns about any #USMNT players not being able to play in Canada due to Covid restrictions (missing vaccine/booster, etc.) and he confirmed that everyone on the roster is able to travel to Canada.
Somebody on the game at Panama roster wasn't able to IIRC... right?

jesus

===========

John Muller

@johnspacemuller

Josh Sargent is Norwich's second-leading scorer this season. It's not even a tie or anything.

jesus

===========

John Muller

@johnspacemuller

Josh Sargent is Norwich's second-leading scorer this season. It's not even a tie or anything.
lol... looking it up just now... they have 6 assists total. each by a different player. none of them that look like Ronald McDonald or Big Bird.

who has more EPL goals... 

CP or Sarge?
CP has 3 in the EPL this year.  Sargent has played 350 more minutes than CP in the EPL as after today.  CP has only played 290 minutes as a winger(or inside forward) in the EPL.  All his other minutes have been at center forward or right wing back.

CP has 3 in the EPL this year.  Sargent has played 350 more minutes than CP in the EPL as after today.  CP has only played 290 minutes as a winger(or inside forward) in the EPL.  All his other minutes have been at center forward or right wing back.

ok, brad.

who has more total goals across all competitions this season

Users who are viewing this thread