What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (13 Viewers)

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Mustachio now out of the qualifiers for Canada with Covid.
There are some conflicting reports about this.

If it is true, this is a big loss for Canada.  He is an every game starter for them and may be the 4th best player for Canada.

Fulham won again today.  They have now opened up an 8 point lead on second.
I know he’s old, but if you aren’t bringing in Scally for LB cover, Ream could have done it in a pinch. More than anything, GGG continues to try to fit square pegs into round holes at the back of the roster.

I know he’s old, but if you aren’t bringing in Scally for LB cover, Ream could have done it in a pinch. More than anything, GGG continues to try to fit square pegs into round holes at the back of the roster.
No way I want Ream covering at LB. I love his ability on the ball and seeing the pass for distribution, but he's too slow to get forward with any use...and then to cover back or track runners. No gracias.

But he's an interesting choice at LCB because of his club partnership with Jedi.

No way I want Ream covering at LB. I love his ability on the ball and seeing the pass for distribution, but he's too slow to get forward with any use...and then to cover back or track runners. No gracias.

But he's an interesting choice at LCB because of his club partnership with Jedi.
I don’t want home their either, but who is the available cover for the third match?  Presumably that’s Dest and I do t think he’s made the third match yet.  I was more just pointing out that for each of these windows, GGG hasn’t given himself an out for the inevitable injury, card accumulation, rest, etc.  

And Ream’s probably playing better than McKenzie or Lennon anyway.  

I don’t want home their either, but who is the available cover for the third match?  Presumably that’s Dest and I do t think he’s made the third match yet.  I was more just pointing out that for each of these windows, GGG hasn’t given himself an out for the inevitable injury, card accumulation, rest, etc.  

And Ream’s probably playing better than McKenzie or Lennon anyway.  
Scally or Vines... yeah. Lennon is just such an odd/bad GGG camp-goggles choice. 

I mentioned this earlier- I don't know that Dest+Yedlin is any better/worse than Scally+Dest. The problem with this decision is forcing one of Dest and/or Jedi to start all 3 games, and if both get hurt/Covid... we're ####ed. So stupid- especially when Scally was such an easy and obvious option.

Wow

========

Leeds Xtra

@Leeds_Xtra

Leeds are now expecting their £20m bid to be rebuffed for Brenden Aaronson, but are already planning further talks to get the deal done this January

• Love
Reactions: Ned
Adams is on a yellow.  Should he pick one up against Canada so he missed Honduras?  The last window is Mex and Panama, we need him definitely for Mex.  Also for Panama if the game matters.  I just don't want Adams missing Mex.  

Thoughts?

Adams is on a yellow.  Should he pick one up against Canada so he missed Honduras?  The last window is Mex and Panama, we need him definitely for Mex.  Also for Panama if the game matters.  I just don't want Adams missing Mex.  

Thoughts?
It's not a bad idea... and I usually hate doing that stuff. 

follow up question- does he take the yellow on a full blooded pound of flesh, or just do something grabby cynical

My perspective is different.  As we stand today, mathematically, the Honduras and Panama games are far more important for qualification than the Mexico game.  The Mexico game is the one I would sit anyone with a current yellow card.

My perspective is different.  As we stand today, mathematically, the Honduras and Panama games are far more important for qualification than the Mexico game.  The Mexico game is the one I would sit anyone with a current yellow card.

I agree with this.  We shouldn't be expecting any points from the Mexico game and I'd be ecstatic if we somehow managed a tie.  We HAVE to win both Honduras and Panama, so those two fixtures need our best 11 on the field.  I'd prefer to have Adams against Honduras to ensure the 3 there... especially given how scrappy that side can be sometimes.

Did this come out of nowhere?  Thought Yedlin was getting decent PT in Turkey.  Twitter

#Yedlin is no longer a #Galatasaray player: contract termination completed. The right-back is in talks with #InterMiamiCF: in his future a possible return to #MLS. #Transfers #Calciomercato

Well Gio certainly won't be in yellow card danger for Mexico :)

====

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Am told that Gio Reyna is expected to make his anticipated return to the pitch immediately after this international break. Next match is Feb. 6 against Leverkusen

Yeah....100% on board with this.  We'll cross the Azteca bridge when we get to it.....but at this point....you play to maximize points everywhere else (especially in this window). A draw there would be awesome but its not at all necessary.

Anything less than 7 this week (with 2 home games against bottom feeders and Canada missing Davies) would be pretty horrendous.  Lets just get our 7 and go from there. 9 would be amazing (and totally achievable) but sign me up for 7.

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

DeAndre Yedlin has already been in contact with one English team, and it is Hull City, sources tell CBS Sports

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

DeAndre Yedlin has already been in contact with one English team, and it is Hull City, sources tell CBS Sports
So Championship or MLS?  I would think being a key player on a MLS team would pay better and offer better endorsement $.  Other thoughts?

So Championship or MLS?  I would think being a key player on a MLS team would pay better and offer better endorsement $.  Other thoughts?
He might be able to snag a low level DP MLS deal which would likely pay better than Championship.  Depends on how desperate teams are.  MLS teams rarely spend big money on outside backs.

Derek Rae

@RaeComm

Bild reporting the signs point to a summer parting between Wolfsburg‘s & #USMNT defender John Brooks, who wasn’t called up by his country in this window. Bild says as already one of the high earners & given shaky overall form & salary demands, contract is unlikely to be renewed

lots of names I know and a bunch I don't.  Wiley from Atlanta is playing up a level.  He is 17.  Bajraktarevic is 16.  He plays on Revs 2.  I don't know how he got involved in NE's setup from Wisconsin.

========

U-20 MYNT ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB; HOMETOWN) - JANUARY TRAINING CAMP

GOALKEEPERS (3): Antonio Carrera (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), KyMani Dade (LA Galaxy; Ontario, Calif.), Anthony Ramos (Real SC/POR; Torrance, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (8): Noah Allen (Inter Miami CF; Miramar, Fla.), Brandan Craig (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.), Mauricio Cuevas (Club Brugge/BEL; Los Angeles, Calif.), Marcus Ferkranus (LA Galaxy; Santa Clarita, Calif.), Michael Halliday (Orlando City SC; Orlando, Fla.), Kobi Henry (Orange County SC; Lake Forest, Calif.), Caleb Wiley (Atlanta United FC; Atlanta, Ga.), Thomas Williams (Orlando City SC; Titusville, Fla.)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Paxten Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Javier Casas Jr. (Chicago Fire FC.; Addison, Ill.), Caden Clark (RB Leipzig/GER; Wayzata, Minn.), Daniel Edelman (New York Red Bulls; Warren, N.J.), Kristian Fletcher (Unattached; Bethesda, Md.), Diego Luna (El Paso Locomotive; Redwood, Calif.), Jack McGlynn (Philadelphia Union; Middle Village, N.Y.), Jayvin Van Deventer (Sporting Kansas City; Lee's Summit, Mo.), Obed Vargas (Seattle Sounders FC; Anchorage, Alaska)

FORWARDS (6): Esmir Bajraktarevic (New England Revolution; Appleton, Wisc.), Patrick Bohui (Vejle Boldklub/DEN; Philadelphia, Pa.), Brian Gutierrez (Chicago Fire FC; Chicago, Ill.), Malick Sanogo (1. FC Union Berlin/GER; Berlin, Germany), Dante Sealy (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Frisco, Texas), Quinn Sullivan (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Derek Rae

@RaeComm

Bild reporting the signs point to a summer parting between Wolfsburg‘s & #USMNT defender John Brooks, who wasn’t called up by his country in this window. Bild says as already one of the high earners & given shaky overall form & salary demands, contract is unlikely to be renewed
:shockedpikachuface:

lots of names I know and a bunch I don't.  Wiley from Atlanta is playing up a level.  He is 17.

========

U-20 MYNT ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB; HOMETOWN) - JANUARY TRAINING CAMP

GOALKEEPERS (3): Antonio Carrera (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), KyMani Dade (LA Galaxy; Ontario, Calif.), Anthony Ramos (Real SC/POR; Torrance, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (8): Noah Allen (Inter Miami CF; Miramar, Fla.), Brandan Craig (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.), Mauricio Cuevas (Club Brugge/BEL; Los Angeles, Calif.), Marcus Ferkranus (LA Galaxy; Santa Clarita, Calif.), Michael Halliday (Orlando City SC; Orlando, Fla.), Kobi Henry (Orange County SC; Lake Forest, Calif.), Caleb Wiley (Atlanta United FC; Atlanta, Ga.), Thomas Williams (Orlando City SC; Titusville, Fla.)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Paxten Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Javier Casas Jr. (Chicago Fire FC.; Addison, Ill.), Caden Clark (RB Leipzig/GER; Wayzata, Minn.), Daniel Edelman (New York Red Bulls; Warren, N.J.), Kristian Fletcher (Unattached; Bethesda, Md.), Diego Luna (El Paso Locomotive; Redwood, Calif.), Jack McGlynn (Philadelphia Union; Middle Village, N.Y.), Jayvin Van Deventer (Sporting Kansas City; Lee's Summit, Mo.), Obed Vargas (Seattle Sounders FC; Anchorage, Alaska)

FORWARDS (6): Esmir Bajraktarevic (New England Revolution; Appleton, Wisc.), Patrick Bohui (Vejle Boldklub/DEN; Philadelphia, Pa.), Brian Gutierrez (Chicago Fire FC; Chicago, Ill.), Malick Sanogo (1. FC Union Berlin/GER; Berlin, Germany), Dante Sealy (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Frisco, Texas), Quinn Sullivan (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.)
I know very few of those guys outside of the obvious ones.

But reminds me- went down a rare YouTube hole recently and saw something on a 16yo kid from NJ with Brailian parents who had just signed with Flamengo. Iirc he had been with a local MLS Next team for a year and "discovered" asked to trial in Brazil. Trials were week to week...after three weeks they signed him. Wing/forward. Name...lol...no memory

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

I've reported the interest before but: RB Salzburg really love Paxten Aaronson. Other clubs with interest as well, which is not surprising at all. Salzburg were in Philly to watch Aaronson in person last year. Union were very clear they would not entertain a transfer offer yet.

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Cade Cowell is not in this U-20 roster and it was confirmed to me that it was a "club decision" to keep him with San Jose this preseason as opposed to playing with the U.S. U-20s.

It seems odd but as far as I can tell Canada has not released its roster yet.

I hate it.

I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't matter and if we don't advance we don't deserve to be there, no matter how badly I want us to qualify.  Having said that, I'm curious - I'm on board with the idea that the conditions level the playing field but do we have any stats to back that up?  I'm thinking it is probably somewhat true but also somewhat overplayed but I'm the type that would prefer to go with numbers versus gut.  I think it's obvious that ice/snow/slick surface isn't great for the more talented team that may play the ball on the ground more but I also think it's hard to analyze "I'm from Central America and I'm freezing my ### off and my mental game is going to cost us a goal".

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't matter and if we don't advance we don't deserve to be there, no matter how badly I want us to qualify.  Having said that, I'm curious - I'm on board with the idea that the conditions level the playing field but do we have any stats to back that up?  I'm thinking it is probably somewhat true but also somewhat overplayed but I'm the type that would prefer to go with numbers versus gut.  I think it's obvious that ice/snow/slick surface isn't great for the more talented team that may play the ball on the ground more but I also think it's hard to analyze "I'm from Central America and I'm freezing my ### off and my mental game is going to cost us a goal".
I largely agree with you.  Sure, bad field conditions (waterlogged, bumpy, frozen and uneven) probably help the underdog, but surely there's a mental and discomfort factor to playing in temperatures you are completely unused to.  That being said, while a good chunk of the US sees cold winters, it's not like the entire team is from Minnesota or something.  Are Dest and McKennie, for example, given where they grew up and where they now play, really used to freezing conditions?  I would think the median US player would be more adapted than the median Central American guy, but I doubt it would be akin to some lifelong Floridians trying to play soccer against lifelong Albertans in a blizzard.

semantics... but in 5 games in 2022, he's started once- the only time he's played.
Yeah, I was just looking at season #s.  Wonder why he fell so far out of favor, so fast?  He's still (unbelievably) only 28 and you pretty much know what you're getting with him.

Users who are viewing this thread