• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NewlyRetired

• El Floppo

• Ramsay Hunt Experience

• Ned

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been meaning to put this together for some time. For our newer US soccer fans, here is a little primer of things to know about the history of your team and some of the background of internationa

I didn't get to see a lot of the match because I had a fussy infant and a toddler to get to bed.  I saw the last 30 minutes or so.  I guess that was a blessing.  Even in the last 30 minutes, I found m

not a soccer fan here, how does this work?  Argentina gets ball for the first 45 minutes then the US gets it in the 2nd half?

20 minutes ago, jestertj said:

I don't know that it's official, but the guy reporting for ESPN on SC an hour ago said:

Zardes up top, Beckerman, Zusi and Fab in the midfield. Yedlin returns and Besler stays in

ugh, please don't be this...MLS All Stars vs. world's best = 0-4

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I just don't get it, Wondo was obviously outclassed in the WC and against every other top side he's faced...please God, why.

You wanted a forward easily marked? ;)

• Like 1

It's the move of a coach who is slightly insecure in his future role and is scared to pull the trigger.  I will say, it's not like he's leaving a young Messi or Ronaldo on the bench - these guys have holes and need to improve.  But we KNOW Wondo is ungood.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

It's the move of a coach who is slightly insecure in his future role and is scared to pull the trigger.  I will say, it's not like he's leaving a young Messi or Ronaldo on the bench - these guys have holes and need to improve.  But we KNOW Wondo is ungood.

Pulisic disagrees. :hot::rant::angry: 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Entire front six is from MLS.  :wall::wall:

Well to be fair MLS players are providing almost the entire offense for the team in this Copa.

Of the 7 goals and 6 assists total so far, 6 goals and all 6 assists come from MLS players.

I would have preferred Nagbe over Wondo though (and then shift Zardes up top).

Aside from Wondo being ungood, he is really a terrible fit for this particular game, where we are going to have to rely on quick counter attacks.  He is neither quick, nor attacking.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't stand this Wondo ####. Just kills so much of my excitement for this one.

O/U shots on goal...1.5. (that's for the team, not Wondo)

Edited by TLEF316
3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

It's the move of a coach who is slightly insecure in his future role and is scared to pull the trigger. 

This is odd though.

Against Costa Rica and Paraguay, sure, one could understand him being in fear of his job (even if I did not think he was ever going to get tossed), but shouldn't he be playing with house money now and not feel the pressure of losing his job?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ned said:

Pulisic disagrees. :hot::rant::angry: 

Hey, I'm with everyone else - no way I want Wondo starting but it's not crazy to think that many other coaches would do the same.  Honestly, we should be mad at Wood right now and not Klinsman.  

• Like 1
Just now, AAABatteries said:

@The Gator will see you out.  Good day.

He lurves me and stuff.

Really not sure why I can't get into this outside of USNT events. Like the WC matches, I've watched every one of these and even portions of the other teams in the pool. I've also spent the past three years covering HS soccer.

That said, once the tournaments are over, so is my interest. Not sure how to change that, either.

So disappointed to see both Beckerman and Wondo.  No great options in terms of the lineup missing three guys, but I don't think this is our best XI.

JK's playing with house money at this point.  He's playing these guys because he thinks they're our best chance to win.  Don't think you can put any psychostuff onto the decision at all.

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

This is odd though.

Against Costa Rica and Paraguay, sure, one could understand him being in fear of his job (even if I did not think he was ever going to get tossed), but shouldn't he be playing with house money now and not feel the pressure of losing his job?

Agree - and I was cautiously optimistic that he would take the gamble.  Maybe he just thinks Wondo will know what to do defensively and is hoping to get to the 60' mark tied or down a goal and bring in the kids.  

1 minute ago, orcinus said:

That said, once the tournaments are over, so is my interest. Not sure how to change that, either.

no need to change it.  Enjoy what you like and move on to something else when it is over.  We are lucky to have so many sporting choices to choose from.

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

no need to change it.  Enjoy what you like and move on to something else when it is over.  We are lucky to have so many sporting choices to choose from.

Yep. I s'pose you're right. Just find it odd that I can't seem to find a footing outside NT events as much as I'll follow during those windows.

4 minutes ago, wdcrob said:

So disappointed to see both Beckerman and Wondo.  No great options in terms of the lineup missing three guys, but I don't think this is our best XI.

remember when we did the FFA Soccer Thread Team Lineup? 

who do you think had more speed in it; Us or this USA lineup?