What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (8 Viewers)

This may be meaningless if he does not want to play for US any more, but interesting any way

=====================

@PaulTenorio

Atlanta United have agreed to trade Darlington Nagbe to the Columbus Crew in a deal that is expected to bring a significant haul of allocation money.

@FutureUsmnt

10 European-based players and 13 MLS-based players will be called up for the games against Canada and Cuba. During the last international window, there were 8 from Europe and 15 from MLS. European players will be announced later today, with the full roster being announced Monday

===================

Assuming no other changes, the extra two Euro based players should be Brooks and Dest.

@FutureUsmnt

10 European-based players and 13 MLS-based players will be called up for the games against Canada and Cuba. During the last international window, there were 8 from Europe and 15 from MLS. European players will be announced later today, with the full roster being announced Monday

===================

Assuming no other changes, the extra two Euro based players should be Brooks and Dest.
Oh, so here is the first change.   I don't know if his replacement will come from Europe or MLS.  I hope it comes from MLS because that could mean a spot for Morales or Holmes opens up.

========

@TaylorTwellman

Steffen will not be called into the next @USMNT camp due to knee tendinitis....expect the foreign contingent to be named later today

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so here is the first change.   I don't know if his replacement will come from Europe or MLS.  I hope it comes from MLS because that could mean a spot for Morales or Holmes opens up.

========

@TaylorTwellman

Steffen will not be called into the next @USMNT camp due to knee tendinitis....expect the foreign contingent to be named later today
Any word on how Holmes has been playing? Would love to see him in camp instead of trapp/roldan.

Still no Adams. :(

Any word on how Holmes has been playing? Would love to see him in camp instead of trapp/roldan.

Still no Adams. :(
Holmes has been playing ok from what I read.  I have a feeling though that this spot will likely go to Morales who has come back strong from injury and I think GGG liked him the last time he called him in.

Hopefully they will announce soon.

I have no idea who GGG will start in goal though....

Holmes has been playing ok from what I read.  I have a feeling though that this spot will likely go to Morales who has come back strong from injury and I think GGG liked him the last time he called him in.

Hopefully they will announce soon.

I have no idea who GGG will start in goal though....
Well, damn skippy...Morales and Holmes instead of trapp/roldan works for me too. 

Guzan will start, because...

If ten Euro based players, with no Steffen, that should be something like:

Pulisic, Dest, Brooks, Weston, Yedlin, Ream, Sargent, Miazga, Boyd(?), Morales(?)

Steffen was one of the ten.  So now only 9 players from Europe.  US Soccer has just announced the following:

Boyd, Brooks, Dest, Weston, Morales, Ream, Yedlin, Sargent, Pulisic

Rest of squad will be announced on Monday.

Steffen was one of the ten.  So now only 9 players from Europe.  US Soccer has just announced the following:

Boyd, Brooks, Dest, Weston, Morales, Ream, Yedlin, Sargent, Pulisic

Rest of squad will be announced on Monday.
If I was choosing, I would have more Euro based players in my 23.

I would drop Boyd, and add in Miazga, Holmes and Robinson.  

Eventually when healthy, adding in Weah, Adams and Steffen as well, giving me around 14 Euro based players in my 23.

Yedlin-Brooks-Long-Dest

Thoughts that we may see something like this in the back? Seems like we haven't had our top choice back line since... well... ever?

Yedlin-Brooks-Long-Dest

Thoughts that we may see something like this in the back? Seems like we haven't had our top choice back line since... well... ever?
Flip Brooks and Long, and yeah, I think that may be what we start with.

I kind of wish we could see Dest at RB where he is more comfortable.  I think he still struggles a bit position-ally on the left but the upgrade offensively on the left over Ream/Lovitz is massive.

It'll be nice to finally see what that Guzan guy can do for us.    
GGG seems immune to using these games to answer unknown questions.  I feel like his need for veteran presence on a team that should be having massive turn over will be one of his key down falls.

What full roster?  I thought it was not being released until Monday...
It’s up on NBC Sports

Im on my phone, but it has:

GK:  Guzan, Sean Johnson, Matt Turner

Def: Brooks, Cannon, Dest, Gasper, Lima, Long, Lovitz, Ream, Yedlin, Zimmerman

MF: Lletget, Wes, Morales, Trapp, Yueill

FW: Nipples, Baird, Boyd, Pulisic, Sargent, Gyasi

I think JPW May be assuming that the Europe guys are joining the guys already there for pre camp and that Vradley, Roldan, and Jozy have been ruled out because of MLS Cup. 

My guess is that he’s wrong, and that at least Bradley and Roldan are added. 

I think JPW May be assuming that the Europe guys are joining the guys already there for pre camp and that Vradley, Roldan, and Jozy have been ruled out because of MLS Cup. 

My guess is that he’s wrong, and that at least Bradley and Roldan are added. 
That is most certainly wrong imo.

There is no way Morris is not on the roster if he comes out of MLS Cup healthy.

Just to give us a full count:

*There are 20 players at pre camp.

*9 have been added today.

*Roldan, Jozy, Morris, and Bradley are playing in MLS Cup.

Jozy looks to still be hurt, so removing him gives a pool of 32 players to choose 23 from.  I assume at least 7 players will be sent home on Monday.

Just to give us a full count:

*There are 20 players at pre camp.

*9 have been added today.

*Roldan, Jozy, Morris, and Bradley are playing in MLS Cup.

Jozy looks to still be hurt, so removing him gives a pool of 32 players to choose 23 from.  I assume at least 7 players will be sent home on Monday.
JPW assumed the U23 guys like Ebobissie were being sent home. 

Full rooster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 62/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 8/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (10): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 37/3), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 9/0), Sergiño Dest (Ajax/NED; 2/0), Chase Gasper (Minnesota United FC; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 9/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 14/2), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 12/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 38/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 60/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 11/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 12/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 17/6), Alfredo Morales (Fortuna Düsseldorf/GER; 14/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 20/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 4/0)

FORWARDS (6): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 30/5), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 4/0), Tyler Boyd (Besiktas/TUR; 8/2), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 34/14), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 11/3), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 54/10)

Full rooster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 62/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 8/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (10): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 37/3), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 9/0), Sergiño Dest (Ajax/NED; 2/0), Chase Gasper (Minnesota United FC; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 9/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 14/2), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 12/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 38/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 60/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 11/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 12/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 17/6), Alfredo Morales (Fortuna Düsseldorf/GER; 14/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 20/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 4/0)

FORWARDS (6): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 30/5), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 4/0), Tyler Boyd (Besiktas/TUR; 8/2), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 34/14), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 11/3), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 54/10)

Just to be clear, this is not the roster for the upcoming games, this is only the roster that is in camp right now.  The final roster will be released on Monday after MLS Cup.

Some info on the U23's from US Soccer press release

==============

Part of the current camp, defender Mark McKenzie, midfielders Brenden Aaronson and Djordje Mihailovic, and forwards Jeremy Ebobisse and Jonathan Lewis will depart the group later this week to join the U-23 MNT as they continue their preparations for next spring’s Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship. The U-23s will participate in the United International Football Festival featuring Argentina, Brazil and Chile in the Canary Islands from Nov. 7-17.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Just to be clear, this is not the roster for the upcoming games, this is only the roster that is in camp right now.  The final roster will be released on Monday after MLS Cup.
Thanks.  I thought it was kinda weird that Morris and Bradley(and likely Roldan  :angry: ) wouldn't play if they were healthy.  I'm assuming Jozy won't because of the injury.

I'm assuming Jozy won't because of the injury.
It never ends for Jozy.  This was just posted

================================

Michael Leach

@MLeach680News

Jozy trained today, separately from the main group. According to Vanney, he did some sprints & ball work. When asked if his status has been upgraded from needs a miracle to questionable, Vanney replied, “upgraded from needs a miracle to needs a smaller miracle"

Here is the U23 squad

===========

U.S. Under-23 Men’s National Team Roster by Position (Club; Hometown; U-23 Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.; 2/0), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Stoke City/ENG; Southend-On-Sea, England; 11/1); Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls; New York, N.Y.; 1/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; Tucson, Ariz.; 2/0), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake; Las Cruces, N.M.; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 2/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 1/0), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic; Liverpool, England; 2/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; Colorado Springs, Colo.; 1/0)             

MIDFIELDERS (7): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.; 1/0), Christian Cappis (Hobro/DEN; Katy, Texas; 1/0), Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United FC; Federal Way, Wash.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 1/0), Alex Mendez (Ajax/NED; Los Angeles, Calif.; 2/0), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.; 4/0), James Sands (New York City FC; Rye, N.Y.; 0/0)

FORWARDS (6): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.; 2/0), Brooks Lennon (Real Salt Lake; Paradise Valley, Ariz.; 2/2), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; Plantation, Fla.; 1/1), Emmanuel Sabbi (Hobro IK/DEN; Libertyville, Ill.; 2/0), Sebastian Saucedo (Real Salt Lake; Park City, Utah; 1/0), Mason Toye (Minnesota United FC; South Orange, N.J.; 2/2)                                                                                                                    

ROSTER NOTES:

Players born on or after Jan. 1, 1997 are age-eligible for the 2020 Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship. Kreis has called in 12 players born in 1997, three born in 1998, four born in 1999 and five born in 2000.

Sixteen players are based domestically, while eight ply their trade abroad in Denmark, England, Germany and the Netherlands (two each.) The most players from a single club, four, come from Real Salt Lake.

Two players have appeared in all three of the U-23’s games thus far in 2019: goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski and midfielder Djordje Mihailovic.

Marcinkowski is the lone player to appear in all four training camps this year, as well as the team’s June joint camp with the USMNT.

Midfielders Brenden Aaronson and Hassani Dotson were both nominated for MLS Rookie of the Year.

Defender Antonee Robinson has started all 15 league games this season for Wigan Athletic in the EFL Championship.

Forward Jeremy Ebobisee finished the season as the Portland Timbers’ joint-leading scorer with 11 goals.

James Sands makes his first appearance with the U-23 MNT after a breakout season with New York City FC. The midfielder represented the U.S. at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India and played in 19 games for NYCFC this year.

Midfielder Richard Ledezma made the bench for PSV Eindhoven for the first time on Oct. 27.

Defender Mark McKenzie finished the MLS season strong, starting Philadelphia’s last six regular season games and its two MLS Cup Playoff matches.

Defender Chris Richards scored his first goal for Bayern Munich II on Nov. 3 in a 5-3 loss at Meppen.

Forward Emmanuel Sabbi is Hobro IK’s joint-leading scorer through the first few months of the Danish Superliga season with five goals.

ACADEMY NOTES:

Twenty-two of 24 players, including every U.S.-born player on the roster, have spent at least one season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.

Five players have won Academy Player of the Year honors: Cappis (Central U-17/18, 2017), Ebobisse (East U-15/16, 2014), Ledezma (West U-18/19, 2018), Richards (Central U-18/19, 2018) and forward Sebastian Saucedo (West U-15/16, 2014).

Eight players have won an Academy Championship. The RSL quartet of Justen Glad, Aaron Herrera, Brooks Lennon and Sebastian Saucedo took home the U-15/16 national title in 2013. Mihailovic lifted the U-17/18 trophy in 2015 with the Chicago Fire, while Cappis and Richards won in 2017 with Texans SC Houston U-17/18. Sands sunk the championship-clinching penalty in a shootout to claim the 2018 U-18/19 title for NYCFC.

Frank Lampard won Manager of the Month in the EPL.  More subconscious positive re-enforcement for playing Pulisic and good things happening :)

I wonder why Uly Llanez wasn't called in.  I'm "hoping" it's b/c they want him to stay and try to get first team training in Germany.. but who knows with the US soccer dolts.

I wonder why Uly Llanez wasn't called in.  I'm "hoping" it's b/c they want him to stay and try to get first team training in Germany.. but who knows with the US soccer dolts.
I don't have an answer because as you said, not a lot of wise decisions are being made at the Fed level these days.

If I was to take a wild guess, I also noticed that Konrad De La Fuente was not called up to the U23's.  Uly and KDF are both still U20 eligible so maybe they are going to build the next U20 group around them. 

Just a wild guess though.   If you told me they did not know their phone numbers so they didn't get called, that might be just as valid :(

Of course he will........................I hope a peanut vendor in the stands does not get sick for the next game because we know who gets the call.................

=====================

@usmntonly

Schalke CB Matija Nastasic won't feature against Dusseldorf due to injury...

David Wagner: "Weston McKennie will occupy this position."

Of course he will........................I hope a peanut vendor in the stands does not get sick for the next game because we know who gets the call.................

=====================

@usmntonly

Schalke CB Matija Nastasic won't feature against Dusseldorf due to injury...

David Wagner: "Weston McKennie will occupy this position."
I'd laugh at how comical it is, but then I remember that he needs to be focusing on developing his skill at his preferred position for the US and it's not nearly as funny.  It's nice to know that he's versatile, but he's also going to most likely be an 8 and it'd be nice to see him get a long run of play at that position.

I'd laugh at how comical it is, but then I remember that he needs to be focusing on developing his skill at his preferred position for the US and it's not nearly as funny.  It's nice to know that he's versatile, but he's also going to most likely be an 8 and it'd be nice to see him get a long run of play at that position.
Maybe we need to change his nickname from Swag to Bugs Bunny.

Pulisic now has 5 goals and 5 assist across all competitions.

I don't know if it is a true but an announcer said the only other player in the EPL to hit this level in both categories in Mo Salah.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Can you explain why my fantasy team isn’t getting credit for an ASM assist there?
You need to pause it a millisecond after ASM strikes the ball.  You will see a slight deflection off defender which sends it in Yedlin's path.  I think you have to be the last player to touch it to a team mate for an official assist.

You need to pause it a millisecond after ASM strikes the ball.  You will see a slight deflection off defender which sends it in Yedlin's path.  I think you have to be the last player to touch it to a team mate for an official assist.
Oh, didn’t catch that. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread