What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (12 Viewers)

This really is peak Concacaf :)

====

@YanksAreComing

Playing Cuba on a cricket field in the middle of the Caribbean is so CONCACAF it hurts

Portuguese media are reporting that Keaton Parks loan deal to NYCFC is ending in December and he will return to Benfica.

Hopefully they can find another home for him soon.  Something better than the Portuguese second division.

if he can get to be a regular at Barca B, that would be solid at his age

==================

@FCBarcelonaFl

Barcelona are working on the renewal of Juvenil A player Konrad de la Fuente who could sign shortly. De la Fuente already debuted this season with Barça B. The club believe he has the potential to play for Barça B

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
if he can get to be a regular at Barca B, that would be solid at his age

==================

@FCBarcelonaFl

Barcelona are working on the renewal of Juvenil A player Konrad de la Fuente who could sign shortly. De la Fuente already debuted this season with Barça B. The club believe he has the potential to play for Barça B
Solid at any age.

when I first glanced at the list and saw the choices, I expected GGG to go the full Monty and start Trapp as well, but Yueill stayed in the lineup.

Roldan over Morales is a choice I would not have made but WTF do I know.   Even if expecting bad conditions tonight, I think Morales's grit might serve better.

Solid at any age.
this is true.  When you think about making it to Barcelona B, you have waded through a ton of talented kids Barca probably has in their system, it is very impressive.   

But the level Barca B plays it is pretty low.  They are in the 3rd tier of the Spanish pyramid and even the second division in Spain is not regarded like either the Championship or Bundesliga 2 is.

Dest, Brooks, Lletget and Zardes out of the lineup tonight.   

Lovitz, Roldan, Sargent and Yedlin start.
It is probably just coincidence but if I had to pick out the 4 best US players from the Canada game, the 4 players who were removed from the lineup would be among the top 5 along with Morris.

Brooks and Long have had so few games together it seems strange to not give them another run together tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably just coincidence but if I had to pick out the 4 best US players from the Canada game, the 4 players who were removed from the lineup would be among the top 5 along with Morris.
And I can't help but think about those young duals who couldve gotten cap-tied here.

Of course, that's pre-supposing the US gets ahead comfortably and doesn't #### this up. Again. 

I am not watching any soccer tonight - wounds are still raw - but I am afraid to ask what the field looks like - hoping its not wet and bumpy.

• Sad
And I can't help but think about those young duals who couldve gotten cap-tied here.

Of course, that's pre-supposing the US gets ahead comfortably and doesn't #### this up. Again. 
Meanwhile Lovitz probably has a lot on his mind besides this game.  He just got traded from Montreal to Nashville.  Talk about a culture shock :)

Makes you wonder how little Henry must have regarded him.  They traded for basically 1/10th the value that Atlanta got for the Nagbe trade

• Laughing
I've given up trying to understand anything Greg does at this point.

I get that they're basically playing a high school team, but how about.....I dont know....we allow our EIGHTEEN year old potential star to get a nice confidence building game and build some chemistry with some of his new teammates? Nah, that would be too much to ask. Gotta get Lovitz in there.

Again, they obviously shouldn't need Brooks and we all know how fragile he is, but still. 

This is the same stadium that Canada only managed a 1-0 win over Cuba I believe after Canada crushed them at home.  I have no idea what to expect tonight.

I sometimes think there is a guy like one of us who is a fan of the Cuban National Team fan.

Every single year that guy has to deal with anywhere between 3-5 career ending injuries (also known as defecting).

It is kind of amazing that Cuba can still keep their head above water.

I can't even figure out what the Concacaf Nations league is.  Any reason to watch this thing?
US has to win game to make semi finals.  Any other result sees them out of the tournament.

Other than that, it all depends on your interest level and level of pain tolerance.

Apparently Nashville traded for Daniel Lovitz today too!  We have our very own USMNT player.  😍

Um...is he any good?
you don't follow this thread much do you? :)

He is a decent LB in MLS.   Nothing great but fine for an expansion side.

Not that this bunch of players is usually tidy on the ball, but looking decidedly uncomfortable with their first touches so far

Users who are viewing this thread