What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (14 Viewers)

Jesus, Soto's coach is going to need more gas for all the miles he has driven over him in the press

======================================================

Kenan Kocak about Sebastian #Soto : “Like every young player, he has to know that his quality can only be seen when he is ready to invest. Haaland is a prime example of young players in terms of mentality and professionalism. "

That's terrible news for anyone hoping he would be part of any USMNT.  No coach is going to say things like that publicly unless or until the kid shows that he just doesn't care to listen to him privately.  Apparently Soto is either too lazy to put in the effort his coach asks for or too arrogant to think he needs to.   Neither one bodes well.

Speaking of strikers, Bobby Wood is probably out at HSV.  Twitter

Given the current situation, a change of scenery would do him some good.  Or at the least, couldn't hurt.
Sounds like it is Cincinnati that is interested.   He is young enough to turn things around but he hit a wall really really hard.   Jozy did something similar and still remained productive so maybe a change of scenery will help.

Normally I would not care but the depth at striker is basically nothing right now so we have to keep our eyes open for any possibilities.

The hits keep on coming...

Matt Miazga is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

The Reading defender has been diagnosed with a grade two ligament tear in his ankle after being stretchered off in Saturday’s 2-2 FA Cup draw with Cardiff City.

Julian Green’s return to the Greuther Furth starting lineup did not go as planned.

The U.S. Men’s National Team prospect earned his first start since early November, but left after 32 minutes with an ankle injury. Green suffered the injury after making a tackle Sebastian Ohlsson, needing treatment on the sidelines.

Does anyone know why Indiana was not on the roster for the League Cup semi final game yesterday?  I don't know what the roster rules are for the league cup so he might not have been eligible.

I saw this tweet of a recent Dest highlight.

This is something I think we are going to have to get used to, and it might be exciting and scary. 

The clip starts with a defensive mistake by Dest and then shows off his offensive instincts that we have never had at full back.  Watch the first move he makes to get free and then watch his instinct after he makes his first pass.

https://twitter.com/USMNTvideos/status/1222246056957743105?s=20

Luton Town FC

@LutonTown

Cameron Carter-Vickers has become our second signing of the transfer window, joining the Hatters on loan from @SpursOfficial until the end of the season.

if he has a good sense of humor, that should be on his gravestone :)
already his 5th loan and he is just 22.  

It is a weird scenario.  He must not play well enough to trigger a sale at the end of any loan and yet he must play well enough because other Championship teams keep taking him and playing him.

Luton Town is fighting for their life in dead last, but just 3 points from safety so he is going to be under huge pressure.

I think I would like the Lyon move better than Milan in hopes for playing more

===============

@ALANMYERSMEDIA

AC Milan and Lyon are both trying to sign former Everton full back Antonee Robinson from Wigan, Milan are loaning Rodriguez to PSV and need a replacement but Lyon have now come in for the 22 year old, who cost £2M from Everton in the summer

Jesus, that seems like more than a fair offer from Milan

=========================

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO

Wigan Athletic have rejected a £6.5million bid from AC Milan for defender Antonee Robinson.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Some Union notes:

Fontana is Bedonka’s backup, but they see him as more of a 8/10 tweener. 

Aaronson locked down the 10. 

Wooten is hurt again; expected to miss a few weeks. I’m personally disappointed about his performance since coming to Union. 

Jack De Vries (17yr old forward and home grown) won their fitness competition, FWIW. That’s good enough for a call-up at that position IMO. :lol:

[Cincy Soccer Talk] BREAKING: CST is hearing from league sources that the Bobby Wood deal is stalled and unlikely. Terms are agreed to but it sounds like Cincinnati is not the right fit for Bobby at this point.

[Cincy Soccer Talk] BREAKING: CST is hearing from league sources that the Bobby Wood deal is stalled and unlikely. Terms are agreed to but it sounds like Cincinnati is not the right fit for Bobby at this point.
Ruh roh

Eta... Would be good to have at least another warm body up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, GGG said today Vines is going to start against CR at LB.

============================

Don't Tread On Us

@DontTreadSoccer

Sam Vines last two years:

- Rapids Academy

- Charlotte Independence (USL)

- Signs HG with Rapids

- 2nd Independence stint (USL)

- 2000+ mins with Rapids

- Start in his first #USMNT cap

It’s been a wild ride so far for the 20 year old!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Ned
What the ####??????????.

===========

@footballitalia

BREAKING: Antonee Robinson move from #WiganAthletic to #ACMilan is in trouble. That's why they are recalling Diego Laxalt from #Torino , claim Sky Sport Italia! He had his medical today

@footballitalia

Confirmation: Antonee Robinson finished his medical, arrived at the #ACMilan HQ and then left again, looking very unhappy

@PaulTenorio

Columbus Crew has agreed to trade #USMNT midfielder Wil Trapp to Inter Miami, per multiple sources with knowledge of the deal. Details to come in a story on @TheAthleticSCCR.

[Tenorio] Jesus Ferreira’s FIFA waiver to be immediately eligible for the USMNT has been approved, per sources. Can play Saturday and compete for U.S. Olympic team if selected for qualifying.

@PaulTenorio

Columbus Crew has agreed to trade #USMNT midfielder Wil Trapp to Inter Miami, per multiple sources with knowledge of the deal. Details to come in a story on @TheAthleticSCCR.
We complain about him for the US, but he's a decent young player. I hope this works out well for him and he continues his growth.

Oops...just googled, he's 27. Well then..go get em, wil. Maybe ggggg can lend you a consonent.

[Tenorio] Jesus Ferreira’s FIFA waiver to be immediately eligible for the USMNT has been approved, per sources. Can play Saturday and compete for U.S. Olympic team if selected for qualifying.

Just how good is this kid? Is he like top 15 player in the program type good or just a fringe squad player? Obviously its probably a little too early to tell.

Just how good is this kid? Is he like top 15 player in the program type good or just a fringe squad player? Obviously its probably a little too early to tell.
I agree, too early to know.  

In the end it will likely come down to how effective he is as a striker since that is the biggest need.

I can't even imagine thinking it was all done and then "whoops we forgot about this test, sorry".  Either there is something else to the story, there was some serious incompetence going on.

I get the feeling that this is just a cover story.
This is more likely the reason then Medical tests

MilanNews.it are reporting that there was in fact no total agreement between the two clubs, with an issue regarding the payment method.

I can't even imagine thinking it was all done and then "whoops we forgot about this test, sorry".  Either there is something else to the story, there was some serious incompetence going on.

I get the feeling that this is just a cover story.
Apparently according to Italian media and those who report on Milan in the blogs I read on the club, Wigan tried changing the terms of the deal as Robinson was in Italy already. Wigan tried to pul a fast one. Milan didn't like it and Elliot basically told them to go #### off deal is off basically in not so many words Wigan tried acting like they were a big boy club and got called out. 

Damn.  This was a terrible transfer window for the US boys.

Robinson getting dicked around....

Deal to send Long to EPL not working out.

Soto not getting moved and stuck with a coach that degrades him to the press

Wood, Boyd, and Horvath are all still stuck in backup/little playing time situations at their clubs.  

Sucks.

Damn.  This was a terrible transfer window for the US boys.

Robinson getting dicked around....

Deal to send Long to EPL not working out.

Soto not getting moved and stuck with a coach that degrades him to the press

Wood, Boyd, and Horvath are all still stuck in backup/little playing time situations at their clubs.  

Sucks.
Kenny in a hole as well. He was a guy I had hoped would be a pivotal player for the US.

Wood and Horvath are bummers, but Boyd and Soto are going to be commonplace as we continue to have more players rise into Tier 2 leagues.  Until someone is playing well for a team in the Big 4 or an elite team elsewhere (PSG, Ajax, etc) it's a lot more likely they flame out than take the next step.

I'd like to see more of Holmes, but he's basically on an MLS team right now.  Odds are probably 80/20 against him being an impact player for the US.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
I'd like to see more of Holmes, but he's basically on an MLS team right now.  Odds are probably 80/20 against him being an impact player for the US.
I look at it differently.  I am not expecting impact players(too many years of disappointment).  I simply want players that have a chance to improve the team. 

Holmes can do things in his "MLS" team that neither Roldan or Trap can do on their MLS teams IMO.

Similar to Robinson and Lovitz.

Same circumstance, different feelings

Bad News: Sargent was placed on the bench today in favor of another youth player.  None of us can complain about his lack of chances.

Good News: Gio is on bench again today for Dortmund.  I expected him to shuttle back and forth between the main team and the U19's so it is nice to see him getting dressed in multiple straight games.

Same circumstance, different feelings

Bad News: Sargent was placed on the bench today in favor of another youth player.  None of us can complain about his lack of chances.

Good News: Gio is on bench again today for Dortmund.  I expected him to shuttle back and forth between the main team and the U19's so it is nice to see him getting dressed in multiple straight games.
On the bench is better than not dressing /silver lining.

That last game I watched, Bremen were a mess, so Sargent wasn't getting much if any service. But what little he did get he flubbed or for eaten up by the CB. If he's only getting 7 or 8 touches in key areas, they need to be perfect or he needs to be able to boss the CB physically,tactically,or with skills. He was on the wrong end of all three.

Users who are viewing this thread