What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (15 Viewers)

I can't wait for the Nations League next summer.  Mexico moved into the top 10 (#9) in the world this month.

Since Tata took over, Mexico's record is an amazing 19-2-1

One of the draws they ended up winning on pk's.

The only loss is to Argentina.
An excellent tactical coach, obviously. 

and now a goal by Zardes on a break away.  https://streameow.com/v?v=Zn2ix8oC

No Zardes for camp now unless something amazing happens, which will probably make too many fans happy sadly.  The guy simply can't win with fans.
I guess I don’t understand the offsides rule after all....even after trying to account for the angle of the camera shot and trying to go by the color separations on the pitch, I can’t figure out how he isn’t at least a full yard offside....

I guess I don’t understand the offsides rule after all....even after trying to account for the angle of the camera shot and trying to go by the color separations on the pitch, I can’t figure out how he isn’t at least a full yard offside....
I thought the same thing too.

Yep. Dunno about a full yard, but it sure looks obviously on one side of the defender. No VAR?

Regardless- great run and finish in the 103rd minute with his team already up a goal. Exhibit 243c in the zardes guidebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep. Dunno about a full yard, but it sure looks obviously on one side of the defender. No VAR?

Regardless- great run and finish in the 103rd minute with his team already up a goal. Exhibit 243c in the zardes guidebook.
I thought the same thing first look at speed.

Take a look at the top defender and use the line from the grass cutting.  Zardes is trailing him the whole way by 1-2 feet.

and now a goal by Zardes on a break away.  https://streameow.com/v?v=Zn2ix8oC

No Zardes for camp now unless something amazing happens, which will probably make too many fans happy sadly.  The guy simply can't win with fans.
Bardes will be a beast if surrounded by our top European talent.  His work rate and knack for being in the right place combined with the other talent and athleticism will make for good times.

I know this is not US related but seeing as Mexico is the US's main rival I think this is worth posting here.

Awful news as Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull in the game against Arsenal yesterday.  He had to have surgery last night.  While it is far too early to know if or when he will come back, people have posted that this similar injury has caused retirement before.

I know this is not US related but seeing as Mexico is the US's main rival I think this is worth posting here.

Awful news as Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull in the game against Arsenal yesterday.  He had to have surgery last night.  While it is far too early to know if or when he will come back, people have posted that this similar injury has caused retirement before.
My dislike for Mexico stops short of fractured skulls.

Hope he fully recovers with no side effects.  :(

Was coming to post about this.  Horrible news.  Hope he has a full recovery. 

(Selfishly, I want a fully healthy Mex the next time we kick their asses.)

My dislike for Mexico stops short of fractured skulls.

Hope he fully recovers with no side effects.  :(
I really like this kid as a player. Terrible news...hoping he can recover from this a la Cech.

I know that's a highlight tape, but wow.  He looks to have "it".  Whatever that is.  I can see why Europe is looking.
I agree (about both parts, wow and obviously these are highlights).

He looks like a bigger, faster, better crosser version of Cannon and I think Cannon is a really solid player at the Concacaf international level.

I agree (about both parts, wow and obviously these are highlights).

He looks like a bigger, faster, better crosser version of Cannon and I think Cannon is a really solid player at the Concacaf international level.

I know that's a highlight tape, but wow.  He looks to have "it".  Whatever that is.  I can see why Europe is looking.
Completely agree.  Wow.

Also, he should have about 10 more assists than what he currently has.  Holy cow were there some tremendous misses that were put on a platter by him.

ETA -- I don't know if he's faster/quicker than Cannon, but definitely looks bigger/stronger/more physical.  But, still pretty similar overall, I think. 

@El Floppoyou might be interested in this as a compilation video for Reynolds was just posted.   Lots of interesting skilled items here especially when you consider both his size (huge for a RB) and athleticism.  

https://twitter.com/USMNTvideos/status/1333448616225239040?s=20
Based on the comments here, this sounds like a better reel than one I watched when his name popped up which, tbh, reminded me of Swags initial "swag" reel...not much shown. Looking forward to watching this one later ..

Completely agree.  Wow.

Also, he should have about 10 more assists than what he currently has.  Holy cow were there some tremendous misses that were put on a platter by him.

ETA -- I don't know if he's faster/quicker than Cannon, but definitely looks bigger/stronger/more physical.  But, still pretty similar overall, I think. 
It's probably because I watched the Chelsea game yesterday, but he reminds me of Reece James.  His physicality, speed, and crossing ability is very similar.  

If that's the type of RB he becomes, then I'm VERY interested.

Based on the comments here, this sounds like a better reel than one I watched when his name popped up which, tbh, reminded me of Swags initial "swag" reel...not much shown. Looking forward to watching this one later ..
Do you like to see a guy repeatedly beat defenders and have 25 crosses spoiled by bad finishing and/or bad runs?  

Interesting result in the EPL today.

Leicester was hosting Fulham and with a win Leicester would have moved into a tie for first.

Fulham pulled off a 2-1 upset which moves them just out of the relegation zone.

Robinson went the full 90 again for Fulham.

Tom Marshall

@mexicoworldcup

Hearing that FC Cincinnati's Frankie Amaya will also be named to the USMNT squad. Another dual Mex-US national

The roster has been released:

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Bill Hamid (D.C. United; 7/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; 0/0, Aaron Long(New York Red Bulls; 17/3), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 1/0), Mauricio Pineda(Chicago Fire; 0/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; 1/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 12/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; 1/0), Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Frankie Amaya (FC Cincinnati; 0/0), Cole Bassett (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 16/3)

FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Efrain Alvarez (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 33/5), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC; 0/0), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 5/1), Chris Mueller (Orlando City SC; 0/0

The roster has been released:

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Bill Hamid (D.C. United; 7/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; 0/0, Aaron Long(New York Red Bulls; 17/3), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 1/0), Mauricio Pineda(Chicago Fire; 0/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; 1/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 12/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; 1/0), Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Frankie Amaya (FC Cincinnati; 0/0), Cole Bassett (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 16/3)

FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Efrain Alvarez (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 33/5), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC; 0/0), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 5/1), Chris Mueller (Orlando City SC; 0/0
Solid considering players from Dallas, Seattle, Columbus and the other teams left alive were not invited. 

Good to see plenty of youngsters and no spots wasted on Bradley aged players.

From US Soccer

Additional players may be added following the completion of this week’s MLS Western Conference Semifinals.

ok so who is missing that may still be called depending on results tonight?

Morris, Reynolds, Tessman, Jesus, Busio, Roldan..................any one else?

================

I just noticed Yueill was not called even though SJ was knocked out a while ago....anyone know if he is hurt or is GGG moving on?

RB Leipzig midfielder Tyler Adams is excited about the prospects of his career for both club and country, and is playing a part in helping along the construction of the latter.

Speaking in a Monday media roundtable with various press members, Adams spoke on a number of topics including playing under Julian Nagelsmann, getting used to the congested schedule after some injury ills, and bringing USMNT talents into the fold.

Many American fans had their eyes opened to the wonderful skill of Yunus Musah in November as the USMNT drew Wales and clobbered Panama.

The Valencia teen has played in 10 of 11 La Liga matches this season, starting nine, despite just turning 18 on Sunday.

Adams says the U.S. players grew closer in November camp and that Musah has been in the loop since before that, as the USMNT set up a group app chat to get the potential November call-ups familiar with each other.

“We’ve stayed in touch,” Adams said. “We’re all young guys and that made it so fun. My first national team camp I didn’t necessarily have guys to relate to. I have stayed in contact [with Yunus]. It was his birthday a few days ago and I reached out to him then. He seems to be doing well back at Valencia, no surprise he hit the ground running. He’s a great kid and a great player.”

Adams, 21, isn’t far removed from his first team debut in a top European league, but the Leipzig man had fits and starts due only to injury.

Moving from New York Red Bulls in early 2019, Adams debuted on Jan. 27 against Fortuna Dusseldorf and appeared nine-straight league outings.

But adductor injuries cost him all but one match over more than eight months, and Adams was asked how Leipzig is managing him given the injury history and this season’s incredibly-congested fixture list.

“It’s a lot of games and they are just trying to use me in the best way possible,” Adams said. “As soon as I picked up an injury, it was just battling back. Thankfully for me now I’ve been able to stay fresh. There hasn’t necessarily been a time when I’ve sat down with the coaches and spoke about it. It’s been more in their hands to manage it. Of course I want to play every single game. I feel fresh to play in every game as well, and I’m ready to play whenever.”

Adams has come off the bench in two of Leipzig’s four Champions League group stage matches after scoring the winner to eliminate Atletico Madrid last season.

He’s had a couple of injury absences this season, too, but has gone the distance in consecutive Bundesliga matches, a 1-1 draw with Eintracht Frankfurt and a 2-1  win over Arminia Bielefeld.

Nagelsmann is using him in a number of ways, and Adams isn’t sure what his positional priority is, the brilliant manager keeping him on his toes.

“I played four positions on Saturday so I can’t even tell you,” Adams said. “Being able to adapt is important. Coach has set us up in ways where there’s so much adaptation within the game and tactical variations in the game that even when I’m playing right back I can receive the ball in midfield.”

Leipzig is two points off Bayern’s pace in the Bundesliga and three points off leaders Manchester United in the Champions League.

Adams and Co. visit Istanbul Basaksehir on Wednesday in the UCL before a huge trip to Bayern on Saturday and a visit from Manchester United three days later.

It’s a stretch that will help the season’s goals on the right path, or reset them altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread