What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (9 Viewers)

Dest starting against McKennie. Konrad on the bench.

Both Pulisic and Adams on their respective benches.
Very happy about Pulisic.  Given they are playing a guy wearing number 55 today, I think this bodes well for a start for Pulisic this weekend.

I am bummed about Adams.  Hopefully he will get his normal UCL second half run today.  Can't complain about the decision with the dream start up already 2-0.

I would like to take my credit now for Weston's improved play.  Ever since I added him to my avatar, he has been balling better than I could have ever hoped for. Please send any tributes to my pay pal account.

I think he broke both twitter and reddit simultaneously :)

Barca played that like they don't have any CBs. Oh....right.

Sad for dest to be part of this sinking ship....hopefully they turn things around and he gets more time with Messi. 
the big concern is whether the new coach (which is inevitable if things don't turn around quickly) has any interest in Dest as a player.

damn it, I was looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow

==================

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Daryl Dike picked up an injury and won't play for the #USMNT tomorrow. Tough news for the U.S. team to loose one of their more promising newcomers in this camp.

NewlyRetired said:
Bayern won group, Dortmund won group, Juventus won group, Man City won group, Chelsea won group, RBL has chance to win group

Yanks be good luck charms this year.....
How did Dest do?

I meant, how did he play?
He was ok.  Barca was a heaving mess.  They made 5 subs and Dest played the whole 90. 

Messi's heart does not appear to be with the team after the non stop transfer drama in the off season and Griezman looks so friggan ordinary at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I go from wondering when Pomykal was going to replace Weston in the Nats lineup to now wondering if Weston has forced himself through quality of his play to be a regular starter for Juventus in like 15 months?

I'm sure Andy posted this already, but the Cadiz coach tweeted this after their win.

Álvaro Cervera (Cádiz coach): "When they subbed out Dest for Trincao, we were relieved. He was the only player doing some danger through the wing. We were able to take advantage of them playing so narrow, everyone stayed central." 

How did I go from wondering when Pomykal was going to replace Weston in the Nats lineup to now wondering if Weston has forced himself through quality of his play to be a regular starter for Juventus in like 15 months?
Any word on his recovery? 

Nice to think he'll be coming back to provide some quality depth or hopefully challenge for a spot.

CHICAGO (Dec. 8, 2020) – U.S. Soccer has confirmed that a player on the El Salvador National Team has tested positive for COVID-19.

The player is in isolation and observing the appropriate quarantine protocols. His positive test came during U.S. Soccer’s arrival testing procedures. All of his pre-arrival tests were negative.

No other members of the delegation have tested positive at this time. As per protocol, he was not in high-risk contact with any other players or staff prior to, or following, his arrival.

The match will proceed as scheduled.

Game at 7:30... I only get the spanish station.

Eta...hopefully no more covid whammies 

Last edited by a moderator:
He's actually subbed in the last 2 games, IIRC.
This is correct.  

The injury excuse the coach gave for not playing does not seem to add up for me.  He has been available as a sub since late summer.  He has subbed 10 times already in the months leading up till now.  There has never been one word of a relapse or missing training or anything indicating a set back.

Lets just hope he can play well tomorrow and go from there.

He's actually subbed in the last 2 games, IIRC.
Right...

This is correct.  

The injury excuse the coach gave for not playing does not seem to add up for me.  He has been available as a sub since late summer.  He has subbed 10 times already in the months leading up till now.  There has never been one word of a relapse or missing training or anything indicating a set back.

Lets just hope he can play well tomorrow and go from there.
So...  like I said, him starting basically means the coach was not being truthful in the injury statements last week...

with the eclectic group of young players in camp, I have zero idea who is going to start tonight.  I figure Aaronson is a lock to start but outside of him, there seem to be many ways GGG could go.  The CB's should be interesting to see who starts, it may give an indication as to whom GGG is looking at to partner Brooks.

with the eclectic group of young players in camp, I have zero idea who is going to start tonight.  I figure Aaronson is a lock to start but outside of him, there seem to be many ways GGG could go.  The CB's should be interesting to see who starts, it may give an indication as to whom GGG is looking at to partner Brooks.
Lletget and Soto likely.

Holy hell this is young.  I googled him and he is considered the top US prospect in his age group.

===============

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

I am hearing grumblings that #RBNY might be making a move to sign very young, 2006-born central midfielder, Bento Estrela to a homegrown deal. Deal is not complete yet.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread