What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (13 Viewers)

encaitar said:
Mueller looked spectacular.  He's taken a bit of a different path than a lot of the younger guys, but wow what a debut.  He's gonna force himself onto the qualifying team with performances like that.
GGG is very likely going to have to answer the following age old conundrum:

Is is better to roster players like Morris/Mueller who are performing at a high level in a smaller league or is it better to roster players like Weah/Uly who are not playing much at all in better leagues.......?

NewlyRetired said:
As much as I detest Qatar hosting the WC I can't help but be impressed as to how the Qatari team is preparing for it.

They are now in Group A (Portugal's group) for WCQing (the Qatar results don't factor into the standings)

They are playing in Copa America next summer

They are playing in the Gold Cup next summer.

That is a fantastically diverse group of competitive games.

I can only hope the US does something similar for the run up to 2026.
I hope that Qataris get crushed 10-0 in all matches up to and including the World Cup.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Probably discussed, but maybe overlooked with the US game last night...Steffen with a clean sheet in CL yesterday.
there was almost no discussion of the game online from what I could tell so I assumed it was a clean sheet similar to Hamid's clean sheet last night where he did almost nothing (I don't know this for sure, just assuming).

Weah is starting at left half in a 4-4-2 formation today

The good news (admittedly I am no expert) but this looks like almost a normal A squad lineup for Lille.

I watched about 30 minutes of the Lille first half.  Weah looked ok.  he did not look out of place at all with his touch or passing but did not to stand out either.  He did not attempt even a single dribble while I watched.  Just accepted and passed on.

I watched about 30 minutes of the Lille first half.  Weah looked ok.  he did not look out of place at all with his touch or passing but did not to stand out either.  He did not attempt even a single dribble while I watched.  Just accepted and passed on.
Weah scored to tie things up! Got subbed out not long after.

Oh...right. the upside down reality where we're all against the kid and don't think Weah rates. With this goal- you've really shown us we're all wrong. 
I for one, hope that Weah becomes the next Henry, Zlatan, and fat Ronaldo all rolled into one.  Something about not believing he's there yet seems to throw certain folks into a lather.  LOL.

Oh...right. the upside down reality where we're all against the kid and don't think Weah rates. With this goal- you've really shown us we're all wrong. 
put him on ignore, he clearly has no interest in this thread and just focuses on one tiny agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

PSV manager Roger Schmidt gives a somber outlook on the injury to #USMNT midfielder Richie Ledezma ahead of medical tests coming tonight or tomorrow: "It doesn't look good."

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

PSV manager Roger Schmidt gives a somber outlook on the injury to #USMNT midfielder Richie Ledezma ahead of medical tests coming tonight or tomorrow: "It doesn't look good."
PSV confirms the worst scenario for Richard Ledezma. Cruciate ligament ruptured. He is out for 6 to 9 months. Incredibly sour for him, he would definitely join the A-selection after the winter.
https://twitter.com/RikElfrink/status/1337397713651044357?s=20

This guy plays pretty much the same position/style as Aaronson so this could be good timing for all involved

===============================

Red Bull Salzburg forward/AM Dominik Szoboszlai is close to joining RB Leipzig in January. The German club want to pay €25m release clause before Christmas and expect to beat AC Milan and Arsenal in the race to sign the midfielder.

Football Wonderkids

@fbwonderkids

Top 10 dribblers in the top 5 leagues - U19s:

Coulibaly - 19 dribbles won

Singo - 19

Aouchiche - 18

Doku - 18

Cherki - 18

Wirtz - 17

Reyna - 17

Mbuku - 16

Saka - 14

Musah - 14

:thumbup:

====================

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

What a huge performance from Matt Miazga today who helps Anderlecht to a clean sheet, 1-0 win over league-leading Genk - which had won 7 in a row and had scored 19 goals in its last 5 games. No doubt, Anderlecht are very happy with the #USMNT defender today
God I wish Chelsea would sell him.  I think if he could settle at a club permanently, instead of loaning to a different club each year, that we'd see him develop even more.  

God I wish Chelsea would sell him.  I think if he could settle at a club permanently, instead of loaning to a different club each year, that we'd see him develop even more.  
OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Matt Miazga (25) put up a big MOTM performance for Anderlecht vs. Genk today. Clean sheet for the team and Miazga led in: aerials won (8x), clearances and blocked shots, while completing 85% of his passes. He also had a clearance off the line to secure his side the win

I thought McKennie's goal was a little overrated given how much space he had, but it was still good enough that you'd expect it to hold up in the 'Young American Goal of the Week' Competition.  But, Reyna had other ideas I guess.  That's a super super finish.

Dortmund getting run over here by a truck.  Stuggart are up 4-1, at Dortmund.

Great to see both Marsch and Matarazzo playing attractive styles with not top talent.

Users who are viewing this thread