Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

9 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

To me, I'd leave off whoever needed some motivation, and/or based on the upcoming opponents. For example, it sounds like Dest has been in a bit of a slump lately. Give him a rest from international play to get his head straight and/or decide if he wants to be a must-have player badly enough. On the other hand, I want Miazga on the roster for every CONCACAF match because I think his 'style' of play is a good fit there, and even though he's a personal favorite, I recognize he's not among the top 2-3 CBs available and there's a good chance he'll drop further as our younger players get even better. Nevertheless, he's arguably the best CONCACAF-y  CB we have: just talented enough to contribute and chippy enough to be an enforcer if need be, like a very poor man's John Terry.

Until either McKenzie or Richards proves they can play well in a top league, Miazga is right there as a top candidate for the RCB spot, IMO.

Miazga was every bit as good as McKenzie was when he was in MLS (which is how he got noticed by Chelsea).  He has also played a ton of games on loan.  I think he is at over a 100 games started in Europe, which is no small task.

• Replies 53.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NewlyRetired

• El Floppo

• Ramsay Hunt Experience

• Ned

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been meaning to put this together for some time. For our newer US soccer fans, here is a little primer of things to know about the history of your team and some of the background of internationa

I didn't get to see a lot of the match because I had a fussy infant and a toddler to get to bed.  I saw the last 30 minutes or so.  I guess that was a blessing.  Even in the last 30 minutes, I found m

not a soccer fan here, how does this work?  Argentina gets ball for the first 45 minutes then the US gets it in the 2nd half?

1 hour ago, TLEF316 said:

And a year from now, Reynolds could be as well.

Reynolds is probably the big reason many people pushed Yedlin aside in their brains.   As being one of them, I fully acknowledge it is foolish to do so.

Reynolds has half a season as a pro starter in MLS.   Yedlin has over a 100 starts in the EPL.   The resumes could not be further apart if we tried to make them so.

The highlights are certainly tantalizing for Reynolds but I also need to remind myself that Shea looked incredible at this age/experience as well and then ran face first into a wall where he never improved.  I hope the difference between Shea's early development (none) and Reynolds (the wonderful FC Dallas academy) will make the difference.

Edited by NewlyRetired
1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

Until either McKenzie or Richards proves they can play well in a top league, Miazga is right there as a top candidate for the RCB spot, IMO.

Miazga was every bit as good as McKenzie was when he was in MLS (which is how he got noticed by Chelsea).  He has also played a ton of games on loan.  I think he is at over a 100 games started in Europe, which is no small task.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being on loan is like a baseball player kicking around in the minors.  While he's still young, the fact that his 'home' club, with its struggles in the back, can't seem to be bothered to give him even a whiff of their first-team roster, and IIRC, there was concern at the beginning of this season that Chelsea hadn't found a loan partner for him late in the going.  I don't take either of those things as a sign of confidence, and I'm now worried he's going to have a career arc like Andy Carroll, who looked the part but played way below his perceived potential.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being on loan is like a baseball player kicking around in the minors.  While he's still young, the fact that his 'home' club, with its struggles in the back, can't seem to be bothered to give him even a whiff of their first-team roster, and IIRC, there was concern at the beginning of this season that Chelsea hadn't found a loan partner for him late in the going.  I don't take either of those things as a sign of confidence, and I'm now worried he's going to have a career arc like Andy Carroll, who looked the part but played way below his perceived potential.

you are both right and wrong.

If he was being loaned out from an average tier top 5 league club, you would be correct.  But this is not the case for Miazga.   Not being able to find any time at a top team (ignore the current mess) like Chelsea in no way indicates that he is a minor league player.

In fact his loans shows me it might be the opposite.  The fact that he immediately finds himself as an every day starter in/with numerous different systems/coaches/teams shows his strength as a player.  That is not an easy thing to do in any fashion.

Sure, we can probably say at this point in time that he is not close to a top 25ish team in the world in terms of talent.  But that also defines 95% of the international CB's in the world imo.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

To me, I'd leave off whoever needed some motivation, and/or based on the upcoming opponents. For example, it sounds like Dest has been in a bit of a slump lately. Give him a rest from international play to get his head straight and/or decide if he wants to be a must-have player badly enough. On the other hand, I want Miazga on the roster for every CONCACAF match because I think his 'style' of play is a good fit there, and even though he's a personal favorite, I recognize he's not among the top 2-3 CBs available and there's a good chance he'll drop further as our younger players get even better. Nevertheless, he's arguably the best CONCACAF-y  CB we have: just talented enough to contribute and chippy enough to be an enforcer if need be, like a very poor man's John Terry.

No.

I want Dest in the lineup as much as humanly possible to develop chemistry with the guys around him as well as raise the bar for players coming to camp. Slump or not, the kid is legit and at borderline CP levels when he isn't slumping. No way in hell I ever exclude him unless his club begs. He had every reason to play for Holland but chose the US...that gives him a perma-pass on him "wanting to be a must have player" in my book...as well as starting for Barca.

• Like 3

Personally, my eggs are in the McKenzie bracket for CB.   There is something that jumps off the screen when I watch him play.

The ability to distribute various lengths of line breaking passes with both feet is something no other US CB can do.   He is strong, physical and appears more thnt fast enough to hold up against the big fast strikers.

I am very excited to see how he develops in the next couple of years.

I can't say why, but even though it is very exciting to see Richards play a little with a team like Bayern, he does not yet jump off the screen to me in terms of talent.  Some of that may simply be lack of solid consistent playing time and I am evaluating on too small a sample size.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Personally, my eggs are in the McKenzie bracket for CB.   There is something that jumps off the screen when I watch him play.

The ability to distribute various lengths of line breaking passes with both feet is something no other US CB can do.   He is strong, physical and appears more that fast enough to hold up against the big fast strikers.

I am very excited to see how he develops in the next couple of years.

I can't say why, but even though it is very exciting to see Richards play a little with a team like Bayern, he does not yet jump off the screen to me in terms of talent.  Some of that may simply be lack of solid consistent playing time and I am evaluating on too small a sample size.

This is exactly my take as well.  I'm more excited about McKenzie than any other guy going out now as I can't wait to see how he does.  He absolutely jumps off the screen for me and I'm envisioning him being paired with Brooks.  I feel like I've been the one banging that drum in here for a bit now ever since I found out about him.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

I dont know who the hell Leon Flach is, but yowza, what a strike.

Just reading this game had four US players on the field at the same time...two for each side. Green converted a PK, so two different US players scored in the same game....has that happened before? Tillman and a guy named Kevin Landlord  also played.

I love that we are feeling the need to have these discussions...  talking about young up and coming stars, or players w/ 100 EPL appearances...  or the dickish CB that is part of Chelsea's loan army vs. the next young stud...

Do you all realize how far we have come in a a short time?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

you are both right and wrong.

For an average tier top 5 league club, you would be correct.  But this is not the case for Miazga.   Not being able to find any time at a top team (ignore the current mess) like Chelsea in no way indicates that he is a minor league player.

In fact his loans shows me it might be the opposite.  The fact that he immediately finds himself as an every day starter in/with numerous different systems/coaches/teams shows his strength as a player.  That is not an easy thing to do in any fashion.

Sure, we can probably say at this point in time that he is not top a top 10-20 team in the world talent.  But that also defines 95% of the international CB's in the world imo.

I'm glad to hear it's not the same kind of death sentence it is for baseball players, in that if they're not 'called up' by age 25, they're never looked at seriously again. What's funny to me about Miazga is that he's the kind of player I complain about, more enforcer than defender, yet here I am like everyone else who hates a player unless he's on your team.

Re: McKenzie: even though it was just a friendly, I really liked what I saw from him against ELS.

5 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

No.

I want Dest in the lineup as much as humanly possible to develop chemistry with the guys around him as well as raise the bar for players coming to camp. Slump or not, the kid is legit and at borderline CP levels when he isn't slumping. No way in hell I ever exclude him unless his club begs. He had every reason to play for Holland but chose the US...that gives him a perma-pass on him "wanting to be a must have player" in my book...as well as starting for Barca.

I just picked Dest as an example due to his very recent form because it's fresh on everyone's memory and not a comment on my opinion of him. Right now, given his young age and the overall state of the USMNT, he is pretty much a must-have and probably will be for the next 10 years

HOWEVER,

While it's gratifying that he picked us in our time of greatest need, the minute we give players a free pass is the minute we risk getting prima donnas in return. Maybe that's what happened to an extent in 2014 and prompted Alexi Lalas' 'soft, tattooed millionaires' rant.

I readily concede we're still at a point where we can't be too choosy, but still I contend that for the USMNT, desire will always have to be a driving factor, especially as the talent pool gets stronger and deeper.

Recent McKenzie highlight video

That one is more defensive highlight oriented, which, of course, is most important.  It shows how cleanly he wins balls by using his quickness, speed, and balance.  This is what I love about watching him compared to a guy like Miazga who is more brute force.

Here's the highlight video from a few months ago

This one, which has already been posted, shows his offensive ability to make some incredible forward distribution passes in addition to his defensive abilities.  I said it before, but there's some VVD qualities to his play. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Green converted a PK, so two different US players scored in the same game....has that happened before?

Ignoring MLS games obviously, that is a great question.  None come to mind quickly..

This is entering the "taking too long" territory

=========================

RouteOneFootball

@Route1futbol

Juventus have denied that they've reached an agreement to buy Bryan Reynolds from FC Dallas. A lot of European clubs are interested in him, including Juve, Roma and Brugge, but no kind of agreement has been reached at this moment

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Green converted a PK, so two different US players scored in the same game....has that happened before?

Ignoring MLS games obviously, that is a great question.  None come to mind quickly..

If I had the time, my first look would be at Fulham approx. 2005-07.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

This is an often forgotten but fun memory :)

https://twitter.com/PLinUSA/status/1346115210294259714

I remember Timmy at the time feeling bad about scoring like that (crazy wind-aided) against another GK. You can see that in his face. Brad, otoh, pretty jazzed.

7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I remember Timmy at the time feeling bad about scoring like that (crazy wind-aided) against another GK. You can see that in his face. Brad, otoh, pretty jazzed.

Interesting.  The papers on the field were blowing at him just prior to the kick.  

7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

In fairness that was a pretty impressive instinctual stab at a ball that got on him quickly. I’d have been pulling out the Tiger Woods fist pumps myself. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I was thinking the same, possibly vs Everton during JMM's or Donovan's stays there.

I think JMM was before Fulamerica started.  He played there in the late 90's/early 00's if memory serves.

Landon was in 2010 if memory serves.  I believe he played against Dempsey.  But Landon only scored 2 goals in those short loan periods.  I was able to find those 2 goals on wiki and they were not scored with other Yanks.

34 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

In fairness that was a pretty impressive instinctual stab at a ball that got on him quickly. I’d have been pulling out the Tiger Woods fist pumps myself. 

that was also the mother of all bounces.  The ball hit the ground like a trampoline.

2 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Claudio Reyna is another name that could have been involved in something like that.  Though he didn't score a lot of goals.

I think he only scored like 3 for City and Sunderland combined. I took one of those Sporkle tests for American EPL scorers a few weeks ago. I remember being surprised his number was so low. And also that I will never, ever remember Joe-Max Moore in any of those quizzes. 

9 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I think he only scored like 3 for City and Sunderland combined.

According to wiki (which may not be accurate) he scored 3 for Sunderland and then 4 for Man City.

Article about Caden Clark and his backstory.

Caden Clark Background

Caden Clark is from Minnesota. He is 17 years old and 5′ 11″ tall. Caden is naturally an attacking midfielder, but can also play as a winger. He is currently playing for New York Red Bulls in MLS. In his first year as a professional, Caden played in United Socer League Championship (USL Championship) and Major League Soccer (MLS) under NYRB II and NYRB. His rise has seemed rapid, but for those following it was an inevitability. 

Development

As a child, much of Caden’s training was overseen by his father, Chris Clark. Chris is a performance coach and works with many professional athletes. Being around his father’s clients helped Caden to see what it took to be a professional. He learned about taking care of his body and the importance of proper diet, recovery, and the mindset required to make it as a professional. Caden was also encouraged to play the game for fun. His parents encouraged him to play pick-up games with his friends and to simply enjoy himself while playing. They also encourage Caden to take risks and to play on the edge. 

The first team Caden played for was Minnesota Thunder. While there he played up age groups. This tought Caden to think quickly, find space, play quicker, and helped him to develop a high soccer IQ. Caden learned not to rely on physical attributes, but rather skill. Minnesota Thunder also play a possesion style, meaning Caden got comfortable in possesion from a very young age.

Caden then moved to Barcelona’s Residency Academy in Arizona. During Caden’s time at the academy, Chris would go down once or twice a month to continue to work with Caden. While there he learned the Barça method. He played in a 4-3-3 formation, continued to learn to build out of the back, and continued to learn to play a possession-based game. All while continuing to play up age groups. As part of the program, Caden was invited to travel with the academy to La Masia, the first to be invited multiple times. During his time at Barcelona’s acadmey, Caden began to get the attention of teams across Europe and MLS.

Red Bull

Caden was first noticed by the Red Bull organization when he was playing with Barcelona’s academy. He had traveled to Germany to trial with Wolfsburg when the opportunity to trail at Leipzig presented itself. In Leipzig, Caden greatly impressed the staff, scoring for them in some friendlies. The Clark family met with Tyler Adams and various club executives as well. Since Caden does not have a European passport, Leipzig was unable to sign him. However, the club suggested the Red Bull Pathway through New York.

In February 2020, Caden was officially signed by New York Red Bull II, New York Red Bull’s reserve team playing in the USL Championship. While playing with the reserves, Caden quickly impressed and became one of the best players. This prompted NYRB to promote him to the first team in October, where he was immediately put into the starting XI. Caden finished the season strong, scoring in the MLS Playoffs.

Next season will see Caden complete his first full MLS season with New York. After which, he will be moving to RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga during the January 2022 transfer window, a move that was agreed upon before the signing of his contract. He will be 18 and therefore eligible to sign with a foreign club. This also ensures Leipzig gets a player they rate very highly.

Playing Style

Caden Clark is a true #10. He is a playmaker. His strengths are his ability to create chances and ability to get the ball moving forward. Caden is best at being able to move play forward through the middle of the pitch and then shift play out wide. He is at his most effective when he plays centrally, in midfield. Be that be at the top of a 4-3-3 or as the point in a 4-man diamond midfield. However, he is also capable of playing on the wing.

Extremely skillful, Caden has a delicate first touch that rarely lets him down. He is capable of dancing around defenders and executing line-breaking passes. He is comfortable playing short 1-2s or give-and-gos as well as long crossfield balls. These are important skills for any midfielder, but especially for an attack-minded player in a possesion system. 

Perhaps what Caden Clark is most known for among US Soccer fans, is his ability to score goals, specifically highlight-reel goals. He has the ability to shoot expertly placed balls with pace and power that leave goalkeepers with no chance. While this ability is undoubtedly important, it is important to remember there is so much more to Caden’s game than the ability to score eye catching goals. 

As Caden is still a teen, he has much to work on and develop. He is still getting used to playing against adults and building his physical strength. Another key issue is getting comfortable in his growing body. As he is getting taller and stronger Caden will need to learn how to comfortably and effectively use his adult frame.

Caden Clark Future

Caden Clark has a very promising future for both club and country. Over the next few years, Caden will continue to develop, and grow. He will likely make both his senior national team debut and his Bundesliga debut. With the cancellation of the U20 World Cup next summer, Caden’s senior debut could come even sooner than originally thought. One thing is certain, Caden Clark has the ability to become one of America’s best.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have a REALLY good feeling about Clark.  I feel like he would have absolutely blown up at whatever world cup he played this year. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Yeah, I have a REALLY good feeling about Clark.  I feel like he would have absolutely blown up at whatever world cup he played this year.

He has the early "it" factor going for him.

It sounds like US Soccer is setting up concurrent, dual camps this month, one for the seniors and one for U23's.

Hopefully he will be at one of the two camps to get his feet wet.

Article about Caden Clark and his backstory.

Reveal hidden contents

Caden Clark Background

Caden Clark is from Minnesota. He is 17 years old and 5′ 11″ tall. Caden is naturally an attacking midfielder, but can also play as a winger. He is currently playing for New York Red Bulls in MLS. In his first year as a professional, Caden played in United Socer League Championship (USL Championship) and Major League Soccer (MLS) under NYRB II and NYRB. His rise has seemed rapid, but for those following it was an inevitability. 

Development

As a child, much of Caden’s training was overseen by his father, Chris Clark. Chris is a performance coach and works with many professional athletes. Being around his father’s clients helped Caden to see what it took to be a professional. He learned about taking care of his body and the importance of proper diet, recovery, and the mindset required to make it as a professional. Caden was also encouraged to play the game for fun. His parents encouraged him to play pick-up games with his friends and to simply enjoy himself while playing. They also encourage Caden to take risks and to play on the edge. 

The first team Caden played for was Minnesota Thunder. While there he played up age groups. This tought Caden to think quickly, find space, play quicker, and helped him to develop a high soccer IQ. Caden learned not to rely on physical attributes, but rather skill. Minnesota Thunder also play a possesion style, meaning Caden got comfortable in possesion from a very young age.

Caden then moved to Barcelona’s Residency Academy in Arizona. During Caden’s time at the academy, Chris would go down once or twice a month to continue to work with Caden. While there he learned the Barça method. He played in a 4-3-3 formation, continued to learn to build out of the back, and continued to learn to play a possession-based game. All while continuing to play up age groups. As part of the program, Caden was invited to travel with the academy to La Masia, the first to be invited multiple times. During his time at Barcelona’s acadmey, Caden began to get the attention of teams across Europe and MLS.

Red Bull

Caden was first noticed by the Red Bull organization when he was playing with Barcelona’s academy. He had traveled to Germany to trial with Wolfsburg when the opportunity to trail at Leipzig presented itself. In Leipzig, Caden greatly impressed the staff, scoring for them in some friendlies. The Clark family met with Tyler Adams and various club executives as well. Since Caden does not have a European passport, Leipzig was unable to sign him. However, the club suggested the Red Bull Pathway through New York.

In February 2020, Caden was officially signed by New York Red Bull II, New York Red Bull’s reserve team playing in the USL Championship. While playing with the reserves, Caden quickly impressed and became one of the best players. This prompted NYRB to promote him to the first team in October, where he was immediately put into the starting XI. Caden finished the season strong, scoring in the MLS Playoffs.

Next season will see Caden complete his first full MLS season with New York. After which, he will be moving to RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga during the January 2022 transfer window, a move that was agreed upon before the signing of his contract. He will be 18 and therefore eligible to sign with a foreign club. This also ensures Leipzig gets a player they rate very highly.

Playing Style

Caden Clark is a true #10. He is a playmaker. His strengths are his ability to create chances and ability to get the ball moving forward. Caden is best at being able to move play forward through the middle of the pitch and then shift play out wide. He is at his most effective when he plays centrally, in midfield. Be that be at the top of a 4-3-3 or as the point in a 4-man diamond midfield. However, he is also capable of playing on the wing.

Extremely skillful, Caden has a delicate first touch that rarely lets him down. He is capable of dancing around defenders and executing line-breaking passes. He is comfortable playing short 1-2s or give-and-gos as well as long crossfield balls. These are important skills for any midfielder, but especially for an attack-minded player in a possesion system. 

Perhaps what Caden Clark is most known for among US Soccer fans, is his ability to score goals, specifically highlight-reel goals. He has the ability to shoot expertly placed balls with pace and power that leave goalkeepers with no chance. While this ability is undoubtedly important, it is important to remember there is so much more to Caden’s game than the ability to score eye catching goals. 

As Caden is still a teen, he has much to work on and develop. He is still getting used to playing against adults and building his physical strength. Another key issue is getting comfortable in his growing body. As he is getting taller and stronger Caden will need to learn how to comfortably and effectively use his adult frame.

Caden Clark Future

Caden Clark has a very promising future for both club and country. Over the next few years, Caden will continue to develop, and grow. He will likely make both his senior national team debut and his Bundesliga debut. With the cancellation of the U20 World Cup next summer, Caden’s senior debut could come even sooner than originally thought. One thing is certain, Caden Clark has the ability to become one of America’s best.

Hopefully we can sped along his development so we can move that over the hill bum McKennie to the bench.

I saw this chart on twitter.  It shows every team in the big 5 leagues and how they match up in terms of creating quality chances.  This helps show what we all kind of knew, and that is Werder Bremen creates almost nothing, which helps explain Sargent's very low output in terms of goals and assists.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eq-ONw4XEAgzZi9?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
On 1/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, NewlyRetired said:

ESPN is reporting that Tanner Tessman will be training with Bayern.  I don't know if it is a trial but I think it is something similar that happened when Richards went over in the winter to train and eventually got signed by Bayern.

Tessman is not on the list of players going to Bayern.

This strongly indicates that he is going to be at one of the two camps in January.

Edited by NewlyRetired
49 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Tessman is not on the list of players going to Bayern.

This strongly indicates that he is going to be at one of the two camps in January.

I thought I saw that FC dallas were sending over 5 or 6 young players to train with bayern for a couple weeks as part of a regular relationship they have

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I saw this chart on twitter.  It shows every team in the big 5 leagues and how they match up in terms of creating quality chances.  This helps show what we all kind of knew, and that is Werder Bremen creates almost nothing, which helps explain Sargent's very low output in terms of goals and assists.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eq-ONw4XEAgzZi9?format=jpg&name=medium

Is it scaled based on average chances within the league?  In other words, if Serie A collectively allow fewer chances than the EPL, are they are unequal footing?

39 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I thought I saw that FC dallas were sending over 5 or 6 young players to train with bayern for a couple weeks as part of a regular relationship they have

This is part of their homegrown thingy.  Servania is on the list I think.

• Like 1

you did. 

I was just saying that Tessman was originally suppose to go over and then was not on the list.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:

Is it scaled based on average chances within the league?  In other words, if Serie A collectively allow fewer chances than the EPL, are they are unequal footing?

I don't think so.   The analytics this chart was made from are the same for all leagues.

Valencia looks like it is a relegation probability.  They are just above the zone but 2 teams below them have games in hand (one team has 2 games in hand).

The speculation is that Musah's $100m release clause likely has a relegation clause in it to allow him to move if need be.

2 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

They missed adding Hahnemann and Keller to the list I think.  I guess Keller was technically not fully bald at Fulham but pretty close.

Iirc, Timmy had hair when he first got to united.

17 minutes ago, berndog said:

Very interesting to see Jozy invited but not Bradley.  It makes sense of course but also seems to continue to indicate that Bradley's time is done.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

The reason we make fun of Yedlin is because he's got an iron first touch. Clang-city.

For large stages of his career, he just could not be counted on to execute simple passes out of the back. And while a decent 1v1 defender, his positioning is often problematic. Not only in getting caught upfield (where his speed often just about bails him out), but when he’s actually in the defensive block. 

I’m glad he’s doing well, but he’ll need to build a much longer run of form before I’d want to see him near the national team. 

7 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

For large stages of his career, he just could not be counted on to execute simple passes out of the back. And while a decent 1v1 defender, his positioning is often problematic. Not only in getting caught upfield (where his speed often just about bails him out), but when he’s actually in the defensive block. 

I’m glad he’s doing well, but he’ll need to build a much longer run of form before I’d want to see him near the national team. 

:wall:

On 1/4/2021 at 9:51 AM, NewlyRetired said:

I agree with everything you wrote but wanted to specifically focus on this part.

GGG has many times said he wants veterans on the roster for important games.  Yedlin is the exact kind of guy he should be focusing on for this role, more than the Ream's or Bradley imo.

He is not old at 27 and is still in his prime, he has been to a WC, knows about the Concacaf away wars and knows failure first hand in not qualifying for a WC and hopefully a reminder to the younger guys how to avoid it, and can still help the team should he need to play.

He checks all the boxes for me.