Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

US Men's National Team

24 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

If an agreement will be reached, Reynolds will join Serie A side Benevento for next 6 months and then will be Juventus player starting from season 2021/2022. Negotiations on, but no agreement yet

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Benevento are doing surprisingly well for a newly promoted side, as they currently sit 10th in the table. Actually would be a pretty decent destination. Benevento could use a right back. Their starter is out for a month with an injury and they lack depth in that position.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

The Ringer with a rare MLS article on the academy system - great read

https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/7/22208495/brenden-aaronson-philadelphia-union-red-bull-salzburg-mls

Really nice read.  Thanks for posting.  I hope other teams see Union's $12mil in sales for homegrown players and double down on their academies.  (I know some already have invested heavily in academies, but there's still room for others to invest more substantially.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Really nice read.  Thanks for posting.  I hope other teams see Union's $12mil in sales for homegrown players and double down on their academies.  (I know some already have invested heavily in academies, but there's still room for others to invest more substantially.)

The next big step, should it ever occur, is to get rid of all territories.  It makes little sense for say someone like NE to invest heavily in academies when their territory is much lower in talent than other areas.

If and when the territories are removed, and teams like NE can recruit from Cali, Texas, Florida etc, it will be so much better for everyone.  Those states have an abundance of good players that the local MLS teams can't all accommodate.  Giving the chance to spread those players to the MLS teams with lower local talent makes so much sense for all involved. 

Big game in Germany with hopefully some American's playing a part.

Dortmund vs RBL.  RBL needs the win to stay close to Bayern and Dortmund need the win to stay in the Champions League spots.

Should both Adams and Reyna start, they will likely have some parts of the game where Adams has to cover Reyna.  Adams played RB in his last game but he usually plays in the  midfield.  The interim Dortmund coach has only used Reyna as a winger so far.

Edited by NewlyRetired

go Reggie!

==================

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/boavista/noticias/boavista-fixa-preco-de-um-dos-mais-cobicados-do-plantel-10-milhoes-de-euros-13207543.html

Boavista have put a €10M price tag on Reggie Cannon, who has drawn interest from clubs across Europe, most recently, an unnamed club in the Premier League. Cannon has played the most minutes of any Boavista player so far this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Big game in Germany with hopefully some American's playing a part.

Dortmund vs RBL.  RBL needs the win to stay close to Bayern and Dortmund need the win to stay in the Champions League spots.

Should both Adams and Reyna start, they will likely have some parts of the game where Adams has to cover Reyna.  Adams played RB in his last game but he usually plays in the  midfield.  The interim Dortmund coach has only used Reyna as a winger so far.

Bayern lose today.  With a win against Dortmund, RBL can leap frog them into first.

Bayern are starting to leak goals.  10 teams have let in less goals then the normal defensive power house.  Hopefully Richards can start scraping more minutes....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Bayern lose today.  With a win against Dortmund, RBL can leap frog them into first.

Bayern are starting to leak goals.  10 teams have let in less goals then the normal defensive power house.  Hopefully Richards can start scraping more minutes....

I mentioned it in the match day (week, month, whatever...[bmav] ) thread....they sign Scslly and wala- a victory over BM.

7 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am speechless.  To score 3 goals in a Bundesliga game is hard enough but to do it with one of the worst teams in history is outrageous.  Here are the three goals

https://streamable.com/075k1a

https://streamable.com/yau7j2

https://streamable.com/d6p9hw

He's in on goal 1v1 all three times (which simplifies things kind of a lot), but all three finishes look like someone who who knows what to do in front of goal.

• Like 4

Here is what the brand new Schalke coach said BEFORE the game today.....prophetic

==============

Schalke coach Christian Gross on #USMNT prospect Matthew Hoppe: “He has incredible ambition, a great commitment and clearly only has Schalke on his mind. He wants to do everything to get us out of this situation, really an exemplary professional.”

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

I liked the first one the best...

I actually liked the 3rd.  He had much less time to react to where that pass led him and less room to chip for the finish.

Great runs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I actually liked the 3rd.  He had much less time to react to where that pass led him and less room to chip for the finish.

Great runs.

I can see any of the three being a favorite.  He had more to do on the 2nd one.  The first was probably the most difficult touch.  And the last was that of a natural finisher/poacher.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

On 11/28/2020 at 5:41 PM, NewlyRetired said:

I watched Hoppe's first half today and then highlights from the second and he did not appear out of place or look like a guy who was pulling on yhe first team shirt for the first time ever. 

Granted he is on a dumpster fire of a team but nothing he can do about that

========================

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Schalke Coach Manuel Baum on USMNT prospect Matthew Hoppe (19) “When you pull up youth players, there are two types: those who are overwhelmed and take three/four weeks to perform and those who aren’t fazed by the occasion. I've experienced Matthew as the latter so far.

@NewlyRetired had his finger on the pulse. I knew I read his name here before

• Like 2

As historically bad as Schalke has been, the win today actually gets them off the bottom of the table and just 4 points from being out of the relegation zone.

With the new coach to get a win in his first game, that has to give the team a huge lift that avoiding the drop may be possible.

28 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

By the way, Hoppe is an excellent example of why we need as many possible paths as possible for players to take. 

He has never even been invited to any US youth team camp, much less have played a game yet for a youth national team.

Classic US development track.  The Jay DeMerit plan.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

By the way, Hoppe is an excellent example of why we need as many possible paths as possible for players to take. 

He has never even been invited to any US youth team camp, much less have played a game yet for a youth national team.

Does he have an EU passport? Not sure what the work visa rules are for Germany. 

I'd hate to lose him to Finland or something. 

Edited by The Z Machine

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

He's in on goal 1v1 all three times (which simplifies things kind of a lot), but all three finishes look like someone who who knows what to do in front of goal.

The third goal is magical.  Maybe it helps to be up 3-0 to have the stones to do something like that, but still incredible for a 19 year old on the big stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Z Machine said:

Does he have an EU passport? Not sure what the work visa rules are for Germany. 

he is 19.  you only need a EU passport in Germany if you want to be a pro before turning 18, which is why Pulisic and Reyna were able to play before 18.

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am speechless.  To score 3 goals in a Bundesliga game is hard enough but to do it with one of the worst teams in history is outrageous.  Here are the three goals

https://streamable.com/075k1a

https://streamable.com/yau7j2

https://streamable.com/d6p9hw

Chip the keeper...  round the keeper.....  pass it by the keeper......     Lovely.

• Like 1

Reyna and Adams clashed all afternoon.  They even changed positions at almost the exact same moment as both went central in second half.  Both went 90 in the 3-1 Dortmund win.  Best by far Dortmund has looked in a long time.  With Haaland healthy and Sancho finally realizing the season has started, they are going to be strong the second half of this season.

===========

Weah gets the start for Lille today!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Watching Barca and Dest.

Same sloppiness trying stuff on the ball, but Dembele playing on his side this week, which has pulled Messi over as well...so it's mostly been about him giving the ball quickly to one of them- which he has done just fine. A little disappointing that they both ignore him and his many runs forward most of the time...but I'd probably want to pass to Messi instead too...

Some more info on the Cannon deal. 

=====================

[Tom Bogert] Random Reggie Cannon update: Cannon started for Boavista today, his 15th appearance (in all comps). It triggers another $1.25m fee to FC Dallas for 25% of his rights. Total fee is now officially $3.25m for 75% of his rights. Dallas get 25% of his next transfer

• Like 2

that is all we can ask

================

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Guardiola on Zack Steffen (25) “He can fight for No.1. He can put pressure on Eddie, but Eddie is the No.1 right now. If he performs well, he stays 1. But we cannot forget Steffen played at Stamford Bridge + Old Trafford & solved all the situations he faced brilliantly”

• Like 2
  • Love 1