What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (15 Viewers)

Maryland Soccer

@MarylandMSoccer

In the past 31 days

Zack Steffen has started in the:

Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, and  League Cup

A month of milestones

Weston starts for Juve today. 

With Roma and Inter drawing their game today, Juventus can make up some much needed ground with 3 points.

How wild is it that Pulisic went from being probably the best American player of all time, to being in the discussion with three or four other current players?!  In the span of like 6 months.

What happened? I see that swag for subbed in the 19th

:scared:
Twitter folks say he was limping but he jogged off the field cleanly.  I must have missed the injury.  Weston did not look upset or in pain.

Luckily in the past he has healed uber fast ever with serious injuries so hopefully he can shrug this off quickly, what ever it was.

OneGoal @OneGoalUS

Guardiola on Zack Steffen (25) “He can fight for No.1. He can put pressure on Eddie, but Eddie is the No.1 right now. If he performs well, he stays 1. But we cannot forget Steffen played at Stamford Bridge + Old Trafford & solved all the situations he faced brilliantly” 

Max Statman

@eMaxStatman

Re: Injury updates According to @SkySport:

McKennie felt a twinge when he did that back-heel flick, asked to come off just in case. Paulo Dybala slightly sprain to the knee and Federico Chiesa will have a fitness test at half-time.

How wild is it that Pulisic went from being probably the best American player of all time, to being in the discussion with three or four other current players?!  In the span of like 6 months.
It is super encouraging.

Although to be fair, the conversation is occurring because Pulisic has come back to earth.  While he is still playing well, he is no where near the uber elite level he hit last spring/summer after the return from covid.

If Pulisic had maintained that level, there would be no discussion imo.

I guess we have to wait until some one asks Pirlo after the game...
Not too bad, this is probably best case scenario.

======================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Andrea Pirlo on Weston McKennie's early substitution today “McKennie already had a slight muscular problem yesterday and he felt it again after the back-heel flick, so he stopped."

Not too bad, this is probably best case scenario.

======================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Andrea Pirlo on Weston McKennie's early substitution today “McKennie already had a slight muscular problem yesterday and he felt it again after the back-heel flick, so he stopped."
Most of me thinks this is a great, smart move by swag to not take any chances with a tweak. The other old-timey part of me thinks he's opening the door up for somebody else to take his spot by not playing until getting dragged off the field. 

Is Musah know for sprinters speed or was he just going against a couple of lumps?  IIRC Bale's was against someone quite famous -- definitely not a mug.

Is Musah know for sprinters speed or was he just going against a couple of lumps?  IIRC Bale's was against someone quite famous -- definitely not a mug.
The comments in the clip mention it was the end of a game in crap weather where he's just subbed in.

I know nothing about his speed, but don't remember it being sprinters speed in the US games...more loping, like a sissoko or pogba, covering ground. Either way...he ran past those two.

The comments in the clip mention it was the end of a game in crap weather where he's just subbed in.

I know nothing about his speed, but don't remember it being sprinters speed in the US games...more loping, like a sissoko or pogba, covering ground. Either way...he ran past those two.
it wasn't so much raw speed as power for me.

One defender gave him a full shoulder charge (where as the Bale play, he only gets a little shove) to knock him out of bounds and he just kept going with out losing his stride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Statman

@eMaxStatman

Re: Injury updates According to @SkySport:

McKennie felt a twinge when he did that back-heel flick, asked to come off just in case. Paulo Dybala slightly sprain to the knee and Federico Chiesa will have a fitness test at half-time.
Maybe it was a Lamar moment.  🙂

The fact that an bigger EPL club is coming after a 19yo American RB with one national team cap and considering a 5M pound offer is an encouraging sign for MLS and young Yanks.  
Seems very similar to Juve with Reynolds, which as you said is very encouraging.  These are not players fresh off a WC where they already proved themselves, which is how Yedlin got noticed by Spurs.

This could be quite the transfer window if the Reynolds and Arauju deals get done.

We already have Scally, McKenzie and Aaronson moving.

Since it seems like it matter soon...  is it Hoppe, as in 'hope', or 'hop' or 'hoppy'... or some weird alternative pronunciation?  maybe hopey?
The announcers were saying "HopeA"

Long O sound with an short A at end.  I have no idea if it is right.  I still hear Pulisic's name spoked 6 different ways....

Sweet!

====================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Weston McKennie is listed as day-to-day, expected to miss Juve/Genoa midweek in Coppa Italia but is expected to be available for a massive game against Inter on Sunday. Good news. Minor knock.

I can't speak to how he's been playing, but Durkin appears to be getting regular minutes as a starter and off the bench for Sint Truden in Belgium. Just went the distance in a loss to Brugges ( and Horvath on the bench)

Eta...he was a youth player I had high hopes for.

I can't speak to how he's been playing, but Durkin appears to be getting regular minutes as a starter and off the bench for Sint Truden in Belgium. Just went the distance in a loss to Brugges ( and Horvath on the bench)

Eta...he was a youth player I had high hopes for.
Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Chris Durkin (20) was named to Belgian publication Eleven Sports Team of the Week for the Belgian Pro League. Against league leaders Club Brugge, Durkin won 5 duels, made 4 interceptions, and had 3 key passes. Hopefully this performance will help Durkin get more regular minutes.

I hope it is not too late for him..

===========

[Miki Turner] Jordan Morris says there are "conversations" ongoing between the Sounders and Europe as far as a transfer is concerned. If the right opportunity comes about, he is open to move. "Something I would look at."

I hope it is not too late for him..

===========

[Miki Turner] Jordan Morris says there are "conversations" ongoing between the Sounders and Europe as far as a transfer is concerned. If the right opportunity comes about, he is open to move. "Something I would look at."
He's not that old, right? Like 25ish?

Users who are viewing this thread