Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • NewlyRetired

    16844

  • El Floppo

    7378

  • Ramsay Hunt Experience

    2458

  • Ned

    2041

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been meaning to put this together for some time. For our newer US soccer fans, here is a little primer of things to know about the history of your team and some of the background of internationa

not a soccer fan here, how does this work?  Argentina gets ball for the first 45 minutes then the US gets it in the 2nd half?

I didn't get to see a lot of the match because I had a fussy infant and a toddler to get to bed.  I saw the last 30 minutes or so.  I guess that was a blessing.  Even in the last 30 minutes, I found m

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

What happened? I see that swag for subbed in the 19th

:scared:

Twitter folks say he was limping but he jogged off the field cleanly.  I must have missed the injury.  Weston did not look upset or in pain.

Luckily in the past he has healed uber fast ever with serious injuries so hopefully he can shrug this off quickly, what ever it was.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OneGoal @OneGoalUS

Guardiola on Zack Steffen (25) “He can fight for No.1. He can put pressure on Eddie, but Eddie is the No.1 right now. If he performs well, he stays 1. But we cannot forget Steffen played at Stamford Bridge + Old Trafford & solved all the situations he faced brilliantly” 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Statman

@eMaxStatman

Re: Injury updates According to @SkySport:

McKennie felt a twinge when he did that back-heel flick, asked to come off just in case. Paulo Dybala slightly sprain to the knee and Federico Chiesa will have a fitness test at half-time.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

How wild is it that Pulisic went from being probably the best American player of all time, to being in the discussion with three or four other current players?!  In the span of like 6 months.

It is super encouraging.

Although to be fair, the conversation is occurring because Pulisic has come back to earth.  While he is still playing well, he is no where near the uber elite level he hit last spring/summer after the return from covid.

If Pulisic had maintained that level, there would be no discussion imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I guess we have to wait until some one asks Pirlo after the game...

Not too bad, this is probably best case scenario.

======================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Andrea Pirlo on Weston McKennie's early substitution today “McKennie already had a slight muscular problem yesterday and he felt it again after the back-heel flick, so he stopped."

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Not too bad, this is probably best case scenario.

======================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Andrea Pirlo on Weston McKennie's early substitution today “McKennie already had a slight muscular problem yesterday and he felt it again after the back-heel flick, so he stopped."

Most of me thinks this is a great, smart move by swag to not take any chances with a tweak. The other old-timey part of me thinks he's opening the door up for somebody else to take his spot by not playing until getting dragged off the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Is Musah know for sprinters speed or was he just going against a couple of lumps?  IIRC Bale's was against someone quite famous -- definitely not a mug.

The comments in the clip mention it was the end of a game in crap weather where he's just subbed in.

I know nothing about his speed, but don't remember it being sprinters speed in the US games...more loping, like a sissoko or pogba, covering ground. Either way...he ran past those two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

The comments in the clip mention it was the end of a game in crap weather where he's just subbed in.

I know nothing about his speed, but don't remember it being sprinters speed in the US games...more loping, like a sissoko or pogba, covering ground. Either way...he ran past those two.

it wasn't so much raw speed as power for me.

One defender gave him a full shoulder charge (where as the Bale play, he only gets a little shove) to knock him out of bounds and he just kept going with out losing his stride.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

No one is aggravated by his teammate missing the shot on goal after that pass to him?

I feel like we could make a compilation video of missed, high expectation assists by American's this year....

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

No one is aggravated by his teammate missing the shot on goal after that pass to him?

Par for the course.  McKennie's teammates have fluffed a half-dozen silver-platter goals he served up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I feel like we could make a compilation video of missed, high expectation assists by American's this year....

Exactly what I was thinking when I posted that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Max Statman

@eMaxStatman

Re: Injury updates According to @SkySport:

McKennie felt a twinge when he did that back-heel flick, asked to come off just in case. Paulo Dybala slightly sprain to the knee and Federico Chiesa will have a fitness test at half-time.

Maybe it was a Lamar moment.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 8:30 AM, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Something to keep an eye on - Julian Araujo to Spurs?

https://twitter.com/ekremkonur/status/1348230440591745026?s=10

This seems to be fairly probable.  I feel like it came out of nowhere and he'll have to go on loan, no way he's getting a work permit.  

The fact that an bigger EPL club is coming after a 19yo American RB with one national team cap and considering a 5M pound offer is an encouraging sign for MLS and young Yanks.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

.  

The fact that an bigger EPL club is coming after a 19yo American RB with one national team cap and considering a 5M pound offer is an encouraging sign for MLS and young Yanks.  

Seems very similar to Juve with Reynolds, which as you said is very encouraging.  These are not players fresh off a WC where they already proved themselves, which is how Yedlin got noticed by Spurs.

This could be quite the transfer window if the Reynolds and Arauju deals get done.

We already have Scally, McKenzie and Aaronson moving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Since it seems like it matter soon...  is it Hoppe, as in 'hope', or 'hop' or 'hoppy'... or some weird alternative pronunciation?  maybe hopey?

The announcers were saying "HopeA"

Long O sound with an short A at end.  I have no idea if it is right.  I still hear Pulisic's name spoked 6 different ways....

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet!

====================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Weston McKennie is listed as day-to-day, expected to miss Juve/Genoa midweek in Coppa Italia but is expected to be available for a massive game against Inter on Sunday. Good news. Minor knock.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't speak to how he's been playing, but Durkin appears to be getting regular minutes as a starter and off the bench for Sint Truden in Belgium. Just went the distance in a loss to Brugges ( and Horvath on the bench)

Eta...he was a youth player I had high hopes for.

Edited by El Floppo
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I can't speak to how he's been playing, but Durkin appears to be getting regular minutes as a starter and off the bench for Sint Truden in Belgium. Just went the distance in a loss to Brugges ( and Horvath on the bench)

Eta...he was a youth player I had high hopes for.

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Chris Durkin (20) was named to Belgian publication Eleven Sports Team of the Week for the Belgian Pro League. Against league leaders Club Brugge, Durkin won 5 duels, made 4 interceptions, and had 3 key passes. Hopefully this performance will help Durkin get more regular minutes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it is not too late for him..

===========

[Miki Turner] Jordan Morris says there are "conversations" ongoing between the Sounders and Europe as far as a transfer is concerned. If the right opportunity comes about, he is open to move. "Something I would look at."

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I hope it is not too late for him..

===========

[Miki Turner] Jordan Morris says there are "conversations" ongoing between the Sounders and Europe as far as a transfer is concerned. If the right opportunity comes about, he is open to move. "Something I would look at."

He's not that old, right? Like 25ish?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...