What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (16 Viewers)

McKenzie got another start today.  Looks like his CB partner had a nightmare though.  He gave up two pk's and was subbed out in the first half.

McKenzie got another start today.  Looks like his CB partner had a nightmare though.  He gave up two pk's and was subbed out in the first half.
While it sucks that Genk lost, the CB who struggled has been one of the two main starters for them this season.  His terrible game almost guarantees McKenzie is gonna get starts going forward.  Probably even propels McKenzie ahead of him for now.

I assume this could open up even more chances for Aaronson.  

====================

FC Red Bull Salzburg EN

@FCRBS_en

Suspensions for #Camara and #Koita UEFA's disciplinary commission made the following decision regarding the positive doping tests: Both are to be suspended for three months. This suspension is effective immediately and covers all club and international football activities.

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Jordan Siebatcheu scored 2 goals today for BSC Young Boys in their 4-3 Europa League win over Leverkusen. The DC-born striker has 10 goals in his last 10 games.

Wow...the soccer smarts to recognize that play as it developed and the pace and skills to get there and fire it in from a tight angle...nice!
Yeah, that wasn't an easy finish.  There's something to be said for guys who seem to be in the right place often.  Weah is looking like that kind of guy even with somewhat limited minutes (albeit growing).

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Weah quietly has 3 goals (in 19 games) in Ligue 1 play and another 2 goals in Europa League play (in 5 games).  He played a combined 31 minutes in 3 of the first 5 Europa League games.  He's played 78 and 90 in the last 2 and scored in both of those.

Remember not that long ago when seeing American's playing against each other in Europe was extremely rare?

======================

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Should be some intriguing matchups this weekend.

Gio Reyna vs. Matthew Hoppe in Rivierderby,

Jordan Morris/Paul Arriola vs. Duane Holmes,

Geoff Cameron vs. Cameron Carter-Vickers,

Chris Richards vs. Josh Sargent.

Matt Miazga vs. Brendan Hines-Ike

ESPN is playing up the angle that Tuchel might consider moving him this summer...
Has been able to stay healthy through a season yet, including time at dortmund?

Obviously talented- but unless at a bargain, I'd think he'd be a hard sell these days. Unless he gets some time between now and then and goes on a run like he did in the spring.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Has been able to stay healthy through a season yet, including time at dortmund?

Obviously talented- but unless at a bargain, I'd think he'd be a hard sell these days. Unless he gets some time between now and then and goes on a run like he did in the spring.
if they move him, they will lose $40m at the very least.  This tweet shows how much they over paid.  And for a brief shining moment last summer, he was worth it IMO

=============

Matthew Doyle

@MattDoyle76

Chelsea paid 70.4m for Pulisic.

Bayern paid 81.4m for Coman, Sane & Gnabry combined.

if they move him, they will lose $40m at the very least.  This tweet shows how much they over paid.  And for a brief shining moment last summer, he was worth it IMO

=============

Matthew Doyle

@MattDoyle76

I mean, CP has obvious market value off the field that adds to it...but he is proving to be so fragile on it.

=============

Matthew Doyle

@MattDoyle76

Without CP, Chelsea doesn't make the UCL this year.  That's at least a $50M difference in revenue, so even if they lose money on his sale, they're still sitting good from that deal IMO.  I still think they'll wait until next summer, if they do decide to sell.  No one has money right now thanks to the pandemic and they'll try to get project restart CP to shine through again before they move on.

NewlyRetired said:
I completely missed Holmes moving to Huddersfield Town. I was just looking at a Derby lineup and figured he was out hurt, since he wasnt part of the 18.

Cool article translated from Dutch with Genk’s coach effusively praising Mark McKenzie

Ze Link

For example, in the Jupiler Pro League, McKenzie is the third most efficient defender on the defensive. For example, he scores eleven percent more than Lucumi in that segment. McKenzie is also very clean in playing football, a parameter in which he takes second place among his positional peers. 

(Small sample size alert but still a pretty awesome start)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brooks may see champions league next year.....

========================

The John Brooks & Maxence Lacroix (20) brick wall holds yet again!

Wolfsburg now have registered 7 consecutive CLEAN SHEETS.

7 games 0 goals conceded

12 goals scored

6 wins, 1 draw

Unbeaten at home this whole season so far.

NewlyRetired said:
Remember not that long ago when seeing American's playing against each other in Europe was extremely rare?

======================

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Should be some intriguing matchups this weekend.

Gio Reyna vs. Matthew Hoppe in Rivierderby,

Geoff Cameron vs. Cameron Carter-Vickers,

Chris Richards vs. Josh Sargent.

Matt Miazga vs. Brendan Hines-Ike

Who should I be watching this weekend?

This is a really good read. 

We can all do a depth chart for the full team but doing one for the U23 team (Olympic qualifying next month) with the caveat of expecting most of the best to not be released, is a lot harder.  This article does a great job imo

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/02/19/us-u-23-depth-chart-mens-concacaf-olympic-qualifying-armchair-analyst
Silver lining... Maybe CP will get released for qualifying and the olympics ... /Silver lining

Silver lining... Maybe CP will get released for qualifying and the olympics ... /Silver lining
With the team clearly "babying" him in terms of injuries, I can't see any way that happens unless they have completely given up on him (which I don't think is the case).

Ironically they will still have to release him for the March friendlies although they may ask GGG to not play him depending on his health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Tuchel was really upset at his team offensively today for a normally mild mannered coach.   That is not the worst thing in the world to hear when Pulisic could not play.

Users who are viewing this thread