What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (13 Viewers)

Confirmed ACL tear for Morris 😢

Morris Update
That sounds awful :(

"He's had a bad injury unfortunately for him. It's significant ligament damage, ACL. Everything we hoped it wasn't, unfortunately it is. "It’s the end of his season for us and a long road back to recovery, it’s very cruel"

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope not.  He's still relatively young at 26, so a comeback isn't out of the question.
Very true.  Nips himself just came out of a very bad knee injury at 25 and looks no worse for ware.

In reading, he hurt his left knee this time and in 2018 it was his right knee so that may be a minor positive.

There is a good chance though his time with the USMNT may be at an end.  He will be missing a significant portion of qualifying unless he has a miraculous recovery period.  If he misses out on this cycle, he is not likely see to see any time in the run to 2026.

Let's hope not.  He's still relatively young at 26, so a comeback isn't out of the question.
I mean, he'll probably play again. But if he's really as hurt as they say he is, it will probably be a year and half before he's right again.  And there's still a decent chance he will have lost a step.

I'd be surprised if he ever gets a shot at at a permanent European transfer now 

"Pirlo has told reporters when offering a fitness update on his walking wounded ahead of a clash with Crotone on Monday: “McKennie is also not 100% fit, he has a hip problem, but he is a rock and he grits his teeth because we haven’t got many players available.” "

The Pulisic transfer rumors are starting.  This sounds like the reporter is just making stuff up here but who knows

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu1nMXsXAAgFOi6?format=jpg&name=large
I guess we just have to expect the constant rumors - its part of playing on the big stage.  The connection to Bayern reminds me of an email conversation I had many years ago with a good German friend of mine, a Bayern Munich season ticket holder.  I was questioning Bayern's acquisition of Arjen Robben who had spent most of his years at Chelsea and Real Madrid in the trainers room. He replied, in that way that only a Bayern Munich supporter can, that Bayern's doctors and training methods are so superior to the English or Spanish clubs that he was not concerned about Robben's injury history.  In retrospect, I guess maybe he was right.  If Bayern really needs a winger, and Chelsea is actually interested in selling, I suppose this might not be a terrible destination. That said, its hard to forget the utter disrespect and disdain Kalle and Beckenbauer, et al had for Donovan during his loan year there.

He's looked a little low key, and probably not on the stat sheet much today other than the goal...but he's made a ton of strong defensive runs to provide cover, or close a man on the break all game. Just gobbles up space.

Have you been watching?

Seems like he's kind of in a box to box 10 role, with ramsey doing more of the Pirlo style quarterbacking. Swag there to cover ground, create shape and release the ball quickly and easily, not create.
Watched a decent amount.  He is playing the same way he has all season and your description is very accurate.

Weston does not really have the quarterback mentality which I think requires more calmness in play style, like maybe Adams has.

And yes, his non stop work rate and movement should fit in really well considering the skill level of the players who should be around him once the full team is together.  His need and willingness to get into the box will be welcome as well, as we are not blessed with many natural goal scorers.

Watched a decent amount.  He is playing the same way he has all season and your description is very accurate.

Weston does not really have the quarterback mentality which I think requires more calmness in play style, like maybe Adams has.

And yes, his non stop work rate and movement should fit in really well considering the skill level of the players who should be around him once the full team is together.  His need and willingness to get into the box will be welcome as well, as we are not blessed with many natural goal scorers.
Thanks...wasn't really sure if his actual position. Feel like I've seen him all over the field for juve, but mostly in the middle in the advanced box to box role he had today.

Interesting take on Adams...I think of him as being a straight up Kante clone, but in a RB mold- cleaning up the space, winning balls and really quickly identifying and releasing the attack. Not as much a play-maker, but a play-facilitator.

I think they're both capable of seeing the cutting pass, but With either of them, I feel like we need a guy who can more regularly open things up offensively...Good and Aaronson both seem like good options.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Thanks...wasn't really sure if his actual position. Feel like I've seen him all over the field for juve, but mostly in the middle in the advanced box to box role he had today.

Interesting take on Adams...I think of him as being a straight up Kante clone, but in a RB mold- cleaning up the space, winning balls and really quickly identifying and releasing the attack. Not as much a play-maker, but a play-facilitator.

I think they're both capable of seeing the cutting pass, but With either of them, I feel like we need a guy who can more regularly open things up offensively...Good and Aaronson both seem like good options.
agreed.

I think Musah and Weston both play a very similar style but Weston is more advanced due to his experience level.

GGG is going to have some interesting options on how he uses the various skill sets vs different level opponents.  I almost feel like we have some players who are going excel against a Concacaf bunker vs others who are going to excel when we are on the back foot.

agreed.

I think Musah and Weston both play a very similar style but Weston is more advanced due to his experience level.

GGG is going to have some interesting options on how he uses the various skill sets vs different level opponents.  I almost feel like we have some players who are going excel against a Concacaf bunker vs others who are going to excel when we are on the back foot.
Musah. Would be a nice option to have... Hope he chooses the UD

5th goal for Weston this season and 4th in the league.  The 4 league goals makes him the highest scoring American in Serie A history surpassing Bradley.

Bradley played 76 Serie A games, and Weston has only played 19.
Weston also plays for a team that scores more goals, but doing it 4x faster is something else.

The American Lukaku?
Aka, Jozy.

Just me or did Dike lose more than he won there? Nice to see him so involved, but sloppy. Will be good to see him settle in and get more experience there, as encaitar mentioned...learn more about hold up play. The balls he was getting played in that clip weren't there to be held for the most part...just launched up for him to get a touch on or for his team to win the second ball.

Aka, Jozy.

Just me or did Dike lose more than he won there? Nice to see him so involved, but sloppy. Will be good to see him settle in and get more experience there, as encaitar mentioned...learn more about hold up play. The balls he was getting played in that clip weren't there to be held for the most part...just launched up for him to get a touch on or for his team to win the second ball.
Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. I still have yet to watch any clips of him that gets me that excited. He has the physical tools, but at this point, I still far prefer the likes of Sargent or Weah (and Morris before the injury).

Which would be interesting role in front of Adams and next to a Gio or Aaronson who would do the creation.
Adams-McKennie-Aaronson is about as good a pure 6-8-10 as we've ever dreamed about IMO.  Seems like teams tend to go with two 8s more these days, so maybe not a great idea -- but the roles pick themselves and you'd have mids capable if chipping in with goals.

• Smile
Dike is so raw it is hard to say what he will be but he is far from the finished product IMO.

Remember that he has only 20 professional league appearances in his life (not 20 starts, only 20 appearances, many of which were as a sub) and that includes his time at Barnsley.  He is basically still a fresh faced rookie even at 20 years old when I evaluate him.

He might be a more interesting candidate come the 2026 cycle I think.

Obviously I am not expecting him to start but at least he is dressing this week

======================\

Yanks Abroad

@usmnt_abroad

Tuchel: “I’m very happy that both Kai and Christian are in the group. They trained with us earlier and had no complaints. They will travel with us and they are in the squad for tomorrow.”

I think Z was talking about Schalke, but that's still a great point.  
No, this was a Serie A comment. I was really referring to Juve vs. Roma.  The caliber at Juve is obviously superior to where Roma was a decade ago, but I was surprised that Roma was nearly on par with Juve.

• Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread