What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please to rank Purple Rain (1 Viewer)

How great?

• With the best albums ever

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • Great

Votes: 61 34.9%
  • Pretty freakin good but let's not go crazy

Votes: 33 18.9%
  • Good, solid album

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Do. Not. Like.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Laughable that you even made this a poll

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • In the running for most overrated/worst ever

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
Prince is one of the best and most talented pop artists of all time.

Purple Rain is his finest album, and belongs in the pop album pantheon.

But it's still pop. So went with let's not go crazy.
I wouldnt call someone who composes and plays all their music like he does as just pop. Hes above that label

I wouldnt call someone who composes and plays all their music like he does as just pop. Hes above that label
There is nothing wrong with being a pop artist. No shame in it at all. Some great musicians have been pop. With that said I don't consider Prince pop really. His work is to eclectic to label that way IMO.

Purple Rain has all sorts of genres in it. It has pop, rock, r&b, new wave, dance, and funk in it.

Awesome song that if the end of the movie is on....I'm like that guy from Seinfeld who zoned everytime he heard Desperado.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Prince, but when he tricked Apollonia into getting nekkid and jumping into some lake that wasn't Lake Minnetonka I knew he was a genius.

If someone hijacks their own thread can we call that Thorning?
Thorning is already a thing.

So great. I dunno if it's with the greatest ever, but it's sooooo great.

:lmao: at categorizing him as pop, so it somehow cannot rank too high. Really, one of the dumber musical positions one could have.

No offense at pointing out someone's really dumb opinion.

Still, it's really, really dumb.

Purple Rain was the first rated R movie I ever seen at the theater. We were 13 at the time and walked a mile to see it. Left a hugh impression on me and will always be a fan.

One of the best albums ever by one of the most talented musical performers ever. I don't know where it would specifically rank but it's high on the list.

I'm not sure Prince has ever gotten the full credit for the talented musician he is. Sure most people know he plays a lot of instruments and all that but he plays them so well. I think he's one of the greatest guitarists I've ever heard. When he lets loose on the guitar he's truly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread