What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (2 Viewers)

Doubt he tops 50 yards... but probably gets that in 2 carries.

Steelers D looks surprisingly good this year, and with how the Rams were manhandled last week they'll probably key on the Run Defense like the skins did last week.

steelers1080 said:

Steelers D looks surprisingly good this year, and with how the Rams were manhandled last week they'll probably key on the Run Defense like the skins did last week.
Shazier might not go in this one and their two young speed/power guys are young (E.g., will they be disciplined enough?).

Choo Effin' choo! It's time to get the fire stoked up in this train.

Last edited by a moderator:
steelers1080 said:

Depends which D shows up. The unit that couldn't even line up correctly half the time vs NE or the unit from last week.

steelers1080 said:

Depends which D shows up. The unit that couldn't even line up correctly half the time vs NE or the unit from last week.
Patriots = good

SF = mediocre

STL ?

I expect him to see limited touches regardless though, so low ceiling IMO.

This will clearly go one of two ways. Either he rushes for 8-10 and just knocks it out of the park and justifies flexing him or he rushes 8-10 and is pedestrian and the Rams decide mid-game to give him some more to knock the "rust" off. Either way, I think you could justify him as a flex this week (7-10 points).

This will clearly go one of two ways. Either he rushes for 8-10 and just knocks it out of the park and justifies flexing him or he rushes 8-10 and is pedestrian and the Rams decide mid-game to give him some more to knock the "rust" off. Either way, I think you could justify him as a flex this week (7-10 points).
Where are you getting 7-10 from? You think he catches a few passes? I feel like 70+ yards is a bit steep for a limited first game.

The likely over/under for a good game (for fantasy) will be whether he gets a TD. If they are on the doorstep, they MAY want to get their young gun and centerpiece of the offense some extra confidence. Not like they have a GL option (that I know of).

He gets a catch or two for 10-15 yard and runs for 40-75... add a TD, it's not a bad day. Otherwise, its 5-8 points. Then again, you can probably say that about a bunch of other guys as well, but you have to think if he plays, he is healthy enough to be restricted only in amount of touches.

I would love for the Rams to activate both Gurley and Quick at the same time and rain a world of hurt on the Steelers! :thumbup:

Fire up the band wagon. Let's get this baby rolling. Have him on both my teams and can't wait for him to get going.

Building to a fever pitch. Have to go all the way back to TRich getting traded to the Colts for this much young gun RB excitement!

Fingers crossed. I am very over - invested.
Good place to put your chips. All you can do is make good bets and then sit back and see what happens.

I still can't believe in my keeper league I got him at 6. The injury tanked his value... Lucky me. Hopefully.

Didn't check, but I think Fisher said he is now officially listed as questionable.

I'm going to have to see usage from AT LEAST one game before I would consider starting him (probably more if he is brought along gradually, as I expect). Unless Fisher promises he is getting 20 carries. But of course he won't do that, he will want to keep opposing coaches in the dark and spring it on them during the game. In the meantime, best to make them prepare needlessly. Most likely he will ramp up with more carries over a few weeks to a month, once he is inserted. Remember, Stacy and Mason didn't play much the first month of their respective rookie seasons, and they weren't rehabbing torn ACLs (of course, they weren't remotely as talented, so this could be different).

I am excited. I want to be more excited but my nervousness is getting the better of me. That **** Trent has ruined this experience for me. I'm scarred from him.

Being "the best RB prospect since Peterson" doesn't make them bust proof, he is the recent poster child and exhibit A.

But Gurley has so much better burst and elusiveness, hard to see him face planting anything remotely like that, other than for catastrophic injury.

Getting a TD is really the key for Gurley this week if he gets 10-12 touches or so.

Abdullah got 11 touches in Week 1 and scored.

David Johnson got only six touches last week but his rushing TD ended up giving him fantasy relevance.

A longer TD like Abdullah got would be nice but If the Rams get inside the 10 it'll be interesting to see if they go with Gurley or Mason.

Reports this AM are that he will play. St. L is going to watch him carefully in the pregame walk thru but it looks like he's a go.

In redraft, if he starts playing now and becomes the lead guy in say 3 weeks, who would you trade to acquire him? Does PPR change your mind? Some players to think of:

Forsett

Murray

J. Hill

CJ Anderson?

In redraft, if he starts playing now and becomes the lead guy in say 3 weeks, who would you trade to acquire him? Does PPR change your mind? Some players to think of:

Forsett

Murray

J. Hill

CJ Anderson?
I'd take Gurley over all those guys. And it's not even close.ETA except Hill. It's close with him, but an absolute with Gurley over the others on the list.

Forsett

Murray

J. Hill

CJ Anderson?
Waaaay too late for that. Anyone who owns Gurley (I do in 6 of 8 leagues) and has held him this long is not going to suddenly give him away for one of those guys now that he's ready to roll. Gurley owners are invested psychologically now, and you can pretty much forget obtaining him for less than a super stud (L Bell, Julio, etc.)

Forsett

Murray

J. Hill

CJ Anderson?
Yeah you missed by a mile here. Hill is the only one in the zip code. And if Gurley "becomes the lead guy in 3 weeks" it's probably going to take more than just Hill, and that's assuming Hill is lead dog. As it stands right this minute that's a laugher too.

i'm starting Gurley.

Fischer was asked about a pitch count this week on a NFL radio interview.

his response was something to the effect of, if he can play, we will play him.

sounded to me like he was ready to turn him loose. guess we'll find out soon.

Lol @ the guy looking to get rid of underperforming RBs for Gurley. I don't know about the owners in other leagues but I didn't just keep Gurley on ice so some schmuck could come in and buy low once he reached 100%. Who does that?

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Making a last minute change and starting Gurley over Ingram.

Don't like the Ingram matchup in Car minus Brees.

Not sure if it will be a pitch count, but even on around 15 touches. Like Gurley's odds to break one more than Ingram.

Users who are viewing this thread