What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (4 Viewers)

Quiet in here.

First game pretty much what I expected. Question is do they start upping the work or stick to this 5-8 carries thing for a few more weeks?

hard to tell...I imagine he'll get more but it's just a guess. Fisher said if he's well enough to play that he'll play...that resulted in only a few touches. I started him last week and it cost me my game so I'm definitely going to be more cautious this week.

I consider this week a victory. He came in, ran hard, took a couple hits, made some cuts and has no ill effects. I imagine the workload increases from here at a slow pace. I'm waiting until the breakout to start him. I'm ok missing out on his first great week of production if it keeps me from losing every week I start him and it doesn't happen.

I consider this week a victory. He came in, ran hard, took a couple hits, made some cuts and has no ill effects. I imagine the workload increases from here at a slow pace. I'm waiting until the breakout to start him. I'm ok missing out on his first great week of production if it keeps me from losing every week I start him and it doesn't happen.
This.At the very least wait until he is on an even carry count with Mason.
Circling week 7 after the bye at home against Cleveland. That's when he gets unleashed.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
My RBs are made up of Carlos Hyde, Joique Bell, Christine Michael, Knile Davis, Tre Mason, and Big Toddy.

I have no choice but to put him in. I only need to start two of these guys, so whatever, but I need his role to pick up quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
My RBs are made up of Carlos Hyde, Joique Bell, Christine Michael, Knile Davis, Tre Mason, and Big Toddy.

I have no choice but to put him in. I only need to start two of these guys, so whatever, but I need his role to pick up quickly.
Im in a similar situation. Got Demarco, Alf, D.Johnson......I need DJ and Gurley to be more involved. Im impatient!

Uncle Grandpa said:
georg013 said:
I am really going to enjoy watching this young man ascend to the bell cow role. Here is a short interview where he talks about his first week. Enjoy Gurley owners. You deserve it!

http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Todd-Gurley-Press-Conference---930/0dd4532c-11ed-4ca6-bae8-30380415c090
Was there something interesting in there? I tapped out after two minutes.
Yes. He promised owners a BIG game this week.
When?

Starting him over stevie johnson. I need a high upside play as a huge dog this week, not expecting a ton of carries but a couple scores and 60 yards would be heaven.

I think his floor AND ceiling are too low. I'm rolling out Randle and CJ just bc they have a comparable floor but a higher ceiling. Also would probably flex Matt Jones over him.

I had him in my lineup, but I switched him for Demarco.......I agree his floor is too low. How many touches? And going against a top D.

It depends largely on the options you have, but yeah this isn't looking like a great matchup.
Right on, it's all about the options. Typically with any unproven player or player returning from injury I like to take the approach of making them earn their way into my lineup, meaning I need to see something first.

Almost every league I have him I would never consider starting him but I got one team with very limited options so I'm thinking of rolling him out. I tend to agree with the low ceiling/low floor comments but I also think he gets his touches doubled from last week and I'd be willing to bet if they get down to a goal line situation he's going to be the guy at RB.

Going VJax over him. If I knew for sure he was getting around 15 touches I'd start him. But after last week and with no real news about his role this week I think the risk is too great.

Made it look easy. I couldn't have asked for a better coming out party. He got yards in bunches against a very good defense. Probably could have scored if he wanted to. The wait is over brothers!!! Tre Mason who?!?!? Ease this!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread