Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Also being a Hyde owner gives me some pause here. After week 1 there were people talking that Hyde is know in the Bell tier. Now, not so much. As mentioned in here, what happens to him when they are getting routed? Does he collect dust like Hyde?

I'm trying not to be too optimistic.

Three differences here:

1) StL took Gurley much earlier than Hyde.

2) It's hard to imagine a head coach more interested in giving Gurley touches than Fisher.

3) I strongly believe StL is going to be in more games than SF this year.

As far as Hyde is concerned, I think he has the talent to be an elite back in the league but his situation currently stinks.

Edited by cliffhuxtible
  • Like 1

Also being a Hyde owner gives me some pause here. After week 1 there were people talking that Hyde is know in the Bell tier. Now, not so much. As mentioned in here, what happens to him when they are getting routed? Does he collect dust like Hyde?

Three differences here:

1) StL took Gurley much earlier than Hyde.

2) It's hard to imagine a head coach more interested in giving Gurley touches than Fisher.

3) I strongly believe StL is going to be in more games than SF this year.

As far as Hyde is concerned, I think he has the talent to be an elite back in the league but his situation currently stinks.

This.

Personally, I would put Hyde in the same category as Lacy. Maybe people disagree, but I've never viewed Lacy as an elite talent. I think he's just a good, solid back in a strong situation. That equates to elite FF value, but there's never been a time watching the guy when I've thought, "Man, this guy is something else." A player like this can thrive if the context is favorable, but I don't consider him a top talent in his own right. With Hyde, you see what can happen to this type of player when his team context is dire. The numbers aren't there because he isn't good enough to dominate on his own. I feel that Jeremy Hill is also a bit like this, though maybe a bit better.

It's early with Gurley, but he just jumps off the screen in a way that Hyde and Lacy don't. I feel like he has more potential to be that SJax/MJD/Charles/CJ2K type of back who can thrive on his own merit regardless of situation. Honestly, I would trade any of Hyde/Lacy/Hill for Gurley in a heartbeat. He just seems more special.

• Like 3

Personally, I would put Hyde in the same category as Lacy. Maybe people disagree, but I've never viewed Lacy as an elite talent. I think he's just a good, solid back in a strong situation. That equates to elite FF value, but there's never been a time watching the guy when I've thought, "Man, this guy is something else." A player like this can thrive if the context is favorable, but I don't consider him a top talent in his own right. With Hyde, you see what can happen to this type of player when his team context is dire. The numbers aren't there because he isn't good enough to dominate on his own. I feel that Jeremy Hill is also a bit like this, though maybe a bit better.

It's early with Gurley, but he just jumps off the screen in a way that Hyde and Lacy don't. I feel like he has more potential to be that SJax/MJD/Charles/CJ2K type of back who can thrive on his own merit regardless of situation. Honestly, I would trade any of Hyde/Lacy/Hill for Gurley in a heartbeat. He just seems more special.

Lacy's feet remind me of Jerome Bettis in his prime.

Two of my foundational Dynasty (PPR) philosophies are behind this:

1. WRs are in general more valuable in Dynasty than RBs (more consistent, longer career, more predictable, etc.)

Your number one foundational dynasty philosophy is incorrect.

These days, most NFL teams have 3 WR's on the field most of the time. A few teams have multiple stud producers at the position.

Every NFL team has 1 RB on the field most of the time.

There are around 30 "stud" WR's in the league right now.

How many RB's can you say the same about? 5? 6?

Well you can disagree with my philosophy but I don't think it's incorrect when you look at the data:

Looking back to ADP for recent years:

In 2013 the top Dynasty players in terms of pre-draft Dynasty ADP were: Trent Richardson (1), Doug Martin (2), Calvin Johnson (3), Adrian Peterson (4), Arian Foster (5), Ray Rice (6), AJ Green (7), LeSean McCoy (8), Julio Jones (9), CJ Spiller (10), Jamaal Charles (11), Dez Bryant (12), Marshawn Lynch (13), Demaryius Thomas (14), Brandon Marshall (15). This is an absolute minefield of BUST RBs compared to where the WRs are currently ranked value wise. If you had an "RB First" philosophy drafting in 2013 you are probably hurting pretty bad right now unless you got lucky.I count 4 maybe 5 complete busts at RB in terms of 2015 value going forward (TRich, Martin, Rice, McCoy, Spiller) and that is out of 9 drafted in the top 15. Almost all of those WR still hold their value in 2015. The busts at WR in 2013 were Percy Harvin (23) and Crabtree (27) but also David Wilson (23), Darren McFadden (25) and Chris Johnson (28)

In 2014 the top Dynasty players in terms of pre-draft Dynasty ADP were: Clavin Johnson (1), Jamaal Charles (2), LeSean McCoy (3), Aj Green (4), Dez Bryant (5), Josh Gordon (6), Julio Jones (7), D Thomas (8), Eddie Lacy (9), Jimmy Graham (10), Doug Martin (11), Alshon Jeffrey (12), Forte (13), AP (14), Bradnon Marshall (15). This time it looks like the community went WR heavy, and they all hold their value except Gordon due to off the field issues. Doug Martin is a bust and Eddie lacy doesn't compare to any of the WR in PPR. Forte and AP are fading value quickly because RBs fall off the cliff faster.

The best I could find for 2012 was a Rotoworld Dynasty startup mock. They had LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, and Ray Rice go ahead of Julio Jones and AJ Green. Ryan Matthews went just after AJ Green. Larry Fitz went in the first round as well. In 2015 the WRs on that list are far and away more valuable than any of the RBs.

When you're investing that high of a draft pick, WR is the way to go IMO to have the best odds of not busting. You can't win your league with your first pick, but you can lose it.

If you can dodge these land mine RBs, maybe you can keep your Dynasty team at the top of the league year in and year out. I'm personally better at taking the longer term approach with "safe" elite WRs and picking out guys like Dion Lewis (waivers), Thomas Rawls (waivers), David Johnson (2nd round pick), Isaiah Crowell (3rd round pick), Danny Woodhead (waivers a few years ago), Justin Forsett (waivers).

My "stud" Dynasty WR count only around 12 - after that its iffy: Julio, AJ Green, Dez, Brown, Beckham Jr, D. Thomas, Cobb, Hopkins, Cooper, Watkins, Jeffery... Hilton? Calvin Johnson? Keenan Allen? Jordan Matthews?

Edit: apologies this is getting off topic here. Mods feel free to move this to a strategy thread

More philosophy..., I'd rather just get to the playoffs every year with a decent team and hope to win. I've had too many "unbeatable" fantasy teams lose to mediocre teams in a 1-week playoff scenario that I think its better to just get there every year than it is to get there more rarely but with a better team.

Blah, blah, blah stats.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/3/3a/Pac_man_pie_chart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100508212204

Surely, you realize that multiple statistics can be used to support either side of almost any discussion, right?

The statistic that matters to me, is that there are around 6 times more stud WR's in the NFL than there are stud RB's.

You are much more likely to land the next Calvin Johnson(Julio, ABrown, AJ Green, ODB, Demaryius, Dez, Cobb, Cooper, etc.) in a rookie draft than you are to find the next Adrian Peterson(ummmm..... Gurley, maybe).

When a super talented RB like Gurley is in your rookie draft, you'd be foolish to pass him up.

Edited by spider321

Two of my foundational Dynasty (PPR) philosophies are behind this:

1. WRs are in general more valuable in Dynasty than RBs (more consistent, longer career, more predictable, etc.)

Your number one foundational dynasty philosophy is incorrect.

These days, most NFL teams have 3 WR's on the field most of the time. A few teams have multiple stud producers at the position.

Every NFL team has 1 RB on the field most of the time.

There are around 30 "stud" WR's in the league right now.

How many RB's can you say the same about? 5? 6?

Well you can disagree with my philosophy but I don't think it's incorrect when you look at the data:

Looking back to ADP for recent years:

In 2013 the top Dynasty players in terms of pre-draft Dynasty ADP were: Trent Richardson (1), Doug Martin (2), Calvin Johnson (3), Adrian Peterson (4), Arian Foster (5), Ray Rice (6), AJ Green (7), LeSean McCoy (8), Julio Jones (9), CJ Spiller (10), Jamaal Charles (11), Dez Bryant (12), Marshawn Lynch (13), Demaryius Thomas (14), Brandon Marshall (15). This is an absolute minefield of BUST RBs compared to where the WRs are currently ranked value wise. If you had an "RB First" philosophy drafting in 2013 you are probably hurting pretty bad right now unless you got lucky.I count 4 maybe 5 complete busts at RB in terms of 2015 value going forward (TRich, Martin, Rice, McCoy, Spiller) and that is out of 9 drafted in the top 15. Almost all of those WR still hold their value in 2015. The busts at WR in 2013 were Percy Harvin (23) and Crabtree (27) but also David Wilson (23), Darren McFadden (25) and Chris Johnson (28)

In 2014 the top Dynasty players in terms of pre-draft Dynasty ADP were: Clavin Johnson (1), Jamaal Charles (2), LeSean McCoy (3), Aj Green (4), Dez Bryant (5), Josh Gordon (6), Julio Jones (7), D Thomas (8), Eddie Lacy (9), Jimmy Graham (10), Doug Martin (11), Alshon Jeffrey (12), Forte (13), AP (14), Bradnon Marshall (15). This time it looks like the community went WR heavy, and they all hold their value except Gordon due to off the field issues. Doug Martin is a bust and Eddie lacy doesn't compare to any of the WR in PPR. Forte and AP are fading value quickly because RBs fall off the cliff faster.

The best I could find for 2012 was a Rotoworld Dynasty startup mock. They had LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, and Ray Rice go ahead of Julio Jones and AJ Green. Ryan Matthews went just after AJ Green. Larry Fitz went in the first round as well. In 2015 the WRs on that list are far and away more valuable than any of the RBs.

When you're investing that high of a draft pick, WR is the way to go IMO to have the best odds of not busting. You can't win your league with your first pick, but you can lose it.

If you can dodge these land mine RBs, maybe you can keep your Dynasty team at the top of the league year in and year out. I'm personally better at taking the longer term approach with "safe" elite WRs and picking out guys like Dion Lewis (waivers), Thomas Rawls (waivers), David Johnson (2nd round pick), Isaiah Crowell (3rd round pick), Danny Woodhead (waivers a few years ago), Justin Forsett (waivers).

My "stud" Dynasty WR count only around 12 - after that its iffy: Julio, AJ Green, Dez, Brown, Beckham Jr, D. Thomas, Cobb, Hopkins, Cooper, Watkins, Jeffery... Hilton? Calvin Johnson? Keenan Allen? Jordan Matthews?

Edit: apologies this is getting off topic here. Mods feel free to move this to a strategy thread

More philosophy..., I'd rather just get to the playoffs every year with a decent team and hope to win. I've had too many "unbeatable" fantasy teams lose to mediocre teams in a 1-week playoff scenario that I think its better to just get there every year than it is to get there more rarely but with a better team.

Blah, blah, blah stats.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/3/3a/Pac_man_pie_chart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100508212204

Surely, you realize that multiple statistics can be used to support either side of almost any discussion, right?

The statistic that matters to me, is that there are around 6 times more stud WR's in the NFL than there are stud RB's.

Sounds like maybe you should learn to leverage stats and past data?

Your position scarcity arguments are valid but certainly not the only factor and there is a better arguement for that at TE.

Also, Gurley isn't among those Elite RBs yet. He's had one good game. The Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill now recently derailed hype trains should be a cautionary tale that gives us pause, let alone Trent Richardson a few years ago.

All it takes is a minor lower leg injury or some bad offensive line play or another RB on the team getting usage and RBs stocks plummet.

I can't argue with the talent or how he pops off the screen or that I wouldn't sell him because he might be a grand slam even if it's not this year. At the same time, his value isn't at Bell levels until he does it consistently for longer than 1 game.

Your position scarcity arguments are valid but certainly not the only factor and there is a better arguement for that at TE.

Also, Gurley isn't among those Elite RBs yet. He's had one good game. The Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill now recently derailed hype trains should be a cautionary tale that gives us pause, let alone Trent Richardson a few years ago.

All it takes is a minor lower leg injury or some bad offensive line play or another RB on the team getting usage and RBs stocks plummet.

I can't argue with the talent or how he pops off the screen or that I wouldn't sell him because he might be a grand slam even if it's not this year. At the same time, his value isn't at Bell levels until he does it consistently for longer than 1 game.

Sounds to me like you are missing the forest for the trees.

You are much more likely to land the next Calvin Johnson(Julio, ABrown, AJ Green, ODB, Demaryius, Dez, Cobb, Cooper, etc.) in a rookie draft than you are to find the next Adrian Peterson(ummmm..... Gurley, maybe).

When a super talented RB like Gurley is in your rookie draft, you'd be foolish to pass him up.

I didn't mean to sound disrespectful on my last post and I appreciate us having this debate without us getting pissing matchy. There is always something to learn from differing opinions and that's why we are here discussing it after all.

I'd say that if Gurley really is the next big thing at RB then taking him over top young WR will look like a brilliant move. My concern is that his situation could be better and he won't live up to the hype, we don't have a lot of data points yet.

Going by the deal proposed above that was shot down, you could probably take Jeffery to your WR corps and then flip Adams plus Anderson plus that top 5 rookie pick for the number one pick and take Elliot. Elliot could land in a better situation and you'd have Jeffery to boot. That just seems like crazy overvalued.

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 2

Sounds to me like you are missing the forest for the trees.

Guys like McCoy, Charles, MJD, Rice, Forte, Lacy, and Bell were available outside the top 3-4 picks in a lot of rookie drafts because they were 2nd-3rd round NFL draft picks. On the other hand, Demaryius, Dez, Calvin, Beckham, Green, Julio, Cooper, Fitz, etc were all first rounders. There's also VJax (2nd), Boldin (2nd), S Smith (3rd), and Marshall (4th), but generally speaking it seems that eventual mega stars at WR are less likely to slip out of the 1st round of the NFL draft than eventual stars at RB. To me this suggests that if you pass on them when given an opportunity to take one, you're a little less likely to find an equivalent with a later pick.

I didn't mean to sound disrespectful on my last post and I appreciate us having this debate without us getting pissing matchy. There is always something to learn from differing opinions and that's why we are here discussing it after all.

I'd say that if Gurley really is the next big thing at RB then taking him over top young WR will look like a brilliant move. My concern is that his situation could be better and he won't live up to the hype, we don't have a lot of data points yet.

Going by the deal proposed above that was shot down, you could probably take Jeffery to your WR corps and then flip Adams plus Anderson plus that top 5 rookie pick for the number one pick and take Elliot. Elliot could land in a better situation and you'd have Jeffery to boot. That just seems like crazy overvalued.

1st of all, we do have a lot of data points. We just don't have ALL of the data points. Why are you so caught up about waiting for the data to reveal the answer? As was pointed out a long time ago, by then it's too late. You miss out. This is basically saying you won't buy until a player has reached his peak, which is of course foolish in most scenarios. Edited by jurb26

1st of all, we do have a lot of data points. We just don't have ALL of the data points. Why are you so caught up about waiting for the data to reveal the answer? As was pointed out a long time ago, by then it's too late. You miss out. This is basically saying you won't buy until a player has reached his peak, which is of course foolish in most scenarios.
Opportunity cost. I missed out on some elite RB but in the process I acquired even more elite can't miss WR who score more points more consistently than elite RB.

My point was that it's already way too late to buy and it seems too soon for that. I would love to buy, but the above Jeffery/Adams/Anderson/top5 pick deal that wasn't even enuf is worth about double current Gurley. That top 5 pick might be number one, and it could be Elliot who is arguably equally talented. To put it in perspective I would trade Antonio Brown or Julio for that package and I would not trade Brown or Julio for Gurley. Would you?

Edited by kittenmittens

1st of all, we do have a lot of data points. We just don't have ALL of the data points. Why are you so caught up about waiting for the data to reveal the answer? As was pointed out a long time ago, by then it's too late. You miss out. This is basically saying you won't buy until a player has reached his peak, which is of course foolish in most scenarios.
Opportunity cost. I missed out on some elite RB but in the process I acquired even more elite can't miss WR who score more points more consistently than elite RB.

My point was that it's already way too late to buy and it seems too soon for that. I would love to buy, but the above Jeffery/Adams/Anderson/top5 pick deal that wasn't even enuf is worth about double current Gurley. That top 5 pick might be number one, and it could be Elliot who is arguably equally talented. To put it in perspective I would trade Antonio Brown or Julio for that package and I would not trade Brown or Julio for Gurley. Would you?

I agree with kitten mittens when constructing a team I geneally stockpile those PPR WRs as they are easier to hit on. Granted Gurley is a better prospect than most Rbs but the shelf life isn't nearly as good. In a 12 team PPR league I have Julio, Dez, Brown, Jeffrey, Evans, Cooper, Robinson, Adams, DGB, Austin.

I was hoping I could use some WRs to acquire Gurley, it doesn't help that Anderson has been playing so poorly. I would have gladly taken Gurley 1.1 if I was there however FBG's tends to always jump on the rookie Rbs. Richardson, Benard, Martin etc. only difference is Gurley has more talent than most and after watching his second half performance makes it a bad time to send an offer on my part but thought I offered a very fair deal.

Are people really changing their dynasty ranking based on a week's performance?

No, I considered him top 10 when I drafted him in dynasty leagues.

Same here and took him as early as 11 overall in a startup this year.

Before the season he was #3 rated dynasty RB. Now after that game he's solidly #2.

And honestly that game should change peoples view of him because anyone who drafted him this summer drafted him injured. We all hoped and assumed he would recover but hoping and seeing are two completely different things.

We also hoped and assumed he would be good. I invested heavily in Trent Richardon on that same hope and assumption and even when Trent was a good fantasy player his rookie year he never at any point in his career looked as good as Gurley did this past week. So yes it's just one game but I don't see how you can't bump him up after that one game.

• Like 1

No problem, bud. Like many of us, I have a bad habit of going on the offensive when my opinion is challenged. It's all good.

...and to answer your later question, I obviously love him more than most, and I would trade Brown or Julio for Gurley.

...if I didn't already have him. :D

Edited by spider321

I'm going to say it.

His team and/or health may not allow him to prove it over the course his career, but...

...Todd Gurley is THE most talented RB in the NFL.

There. I said it. :wub:

Maybe the most talented *young* RB in the NFL. I wouldn't say he has more talent than CJ2K and Peterson had at their peak.

We had a bit of a drought in terms of elite RB prospects coming into the league, but the pipeline is looking strong for the next few years with Gurley, Elliott, Chubb, and Fournette. I don't want to turn this into a Nick Chubb thread, but his production at UGA is even better than what Gurley did and he's every bit the physical specimen. It's a nice change after the lean years of 2013-2014 when there were zero first round backs.

Hahaha both of you guys with your embarrassments of riches... :)

Another incorrect foundational tenant of mine is I value proven young players over less proven even younger players. Like AJ Green over Mike Evans.

I can certainly see the flipside of that strategy when you are already sitting on a gold mine of stars with high floors and can more easily afford to bust on some home run swings. It makes way more sense to take Gurley over Cooper at 1.01 when you have already hit on a wealth of WR.

Really good posts all around guys, could have used up my like quota a few times.

I'm going to say it.

His team and/or health may not allow him to prove it over the course his career, but...

...Todd Gurley is THE most talented RB in the NFL.

There. I said it. :wub:

Maybe the most talented *young* RB in the NFL. I wouldn't say he has more talent than CJ2K and Peterson had at their peak.

I'm not talking about when other guys were younger.

I'm talking about right now.

Right now, imo, Gurley is the most talented RB in the NFL.

I'm attempting to field offers for him. My intention isn't to sell, but as they say in Pawn Stars, "you never know what's going to come through that door."

So far this isn't going well. I've had Graham offered straight up, Kelce straight up, and Abdullah and Landon Collins.

Oh, let's not forget Richard Rodgers straight up.

I'm attempting to field offers for him. My intention isn't to sell, but as they say in Pawn Stars, "you never know what's going to come through that door."

So far this isn't going well. I've had Graham offered straight up, Kelce straight up, and Abdullah and Landon Collins.

I wouldn't take anything less than their entire team this year and next year, their next five 1st round picks, and a night with their wife and daughter, together.

I wouldn't take anything less than their entire team this year and next year, their next five 1st round picks, and a night with their wife and daughter, together.

If their wife or daughter looks like your avatar, that's all it would take.

LOL, was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game yesterday.

Tex

However, in a re-draft -- Gore or Gurley for the ROS (.5 PPR)?

First, there is an assistant coach forum for questions about your fantasy team.

Second, seriously?!

First, I realize that. However the candor and discussion in these threads are far more rich and in depth. Was just looking for some thoughts and trying to get the best out of this forum.

Secondly, yes.

Dynasty he's hard to argue with.

Would love to hear thoughts on his value as he finally may be getting his chance to shine.

Gore is great at fumbling on the goal line. Pick him if you get points for those.

First, there is an assistant coach forum for questions about your fantasy team.

Second, seriously?!

First, I realize that. However the candor and discussion in these threads are far more rich and in depth. Was just looking for some thoughts and trying to get the best out of this forum.

Secondly, yes.

The guy had 100 yards in the 4th qtr once he was warmed up vs a very good opponent. I don't know how you trade that away since he was still running with a brace (took it off this week) and getting his feet wet in the NFL game after a very limited training camp. As I see him now he's firmly in the top 10 in redraft. We haven't seen Gurleys ceiling yet and we clearly know what Gore is (he's 80% situation and it's not as good as we thought).

Just going off the top of my head I'd put him behind Bell, AP, Charles, Lacy, Forte and right in the mix with Lewis, Foster, Freeman, Hill

Edited by Banger

Some one offered you Richard Rodgers for Gurley? Oh boy. While those other offers are bad at least they have some semblance of a "starting offer". Some one offering up Rodgers is just a dope.

A rape trade just went down in one of dynasty leagues.

A 1-3 team that is clearly in rebuilding mode just traded away Gurley for

Doug Martin

Larry Fitzgerald.

The league is fuming. It's a joke. And the commish of league got Gurley and is well known for preying on weak owners and stripping them of young talent and draft picks. I am also really fuming as I am 4-0 in this league and working my ### off on the waiver wire and draft.....and this garbage shows up. I never get trades like this.....I typically have to give up more than that to get a premier blue chip talent at RB in dynasty. This reeks of BS.

Was that Doug Martins first good game since like in forever? Fitz is solid...but 32 years old.

WTF!!!!!!

I consider Gurely an elite talent in the same vein of ADP, Charles, Chris Johnson in his prime territory, long term. He was my clear number 1 RB in this years crop and it was not too close. He is an elite talent. One I have not seen physically since ADP quite frankly.

Edited by Todem

Some one offered you Richard Rodgers for Gurley? Oh boy. While those other offers are bad at least they have some semblance of a "starting offer". Some one offering up Rodgers is just a dope.

Well, I'm horribly lacking at TE, so obviously this was a fair offer.

• Like 1

Doug Martin

Larry Fitzgerald.

The league is fuming. It's a joke. And the commish of league got Gurley and is well known for preying on weak owners and stripping them of young talent and draft picks. I am also really fuming as I am 4-0 in this league and working my ### off on the waiver wire and draft.....and this garbage shows up. I never get trades like this.....I typically have to give up more than that to get a premier blue chip talent at RB in dynasty. This reeks of BS.

Was that Doug Martins first good game since like in forever? Fitz is solid...but 32 years old.

WTF!!!!!!

I consider Gurely an elite talent in the same vein of ADP, Charles, Chris Johnson in his prime territory, long term. He was my clear number 1 RB in this years crop and it was not too close. He is an elite talent. One I have not seen physically since ADP quite frankly.

Damn, sorry dude. That would piss me off beyond belief.
  • Like 2

Is that because of his feet or because of his size/feet combination?

Doug Martin

Larry Fitzgerald.

WTF!!!!!!

Damn, sorry dude. That would piss me off beyond belief.

What's even more infuriating is how he and the other clueless owner are justifying it as the other owner wants to win now.

They have Levon Bell and could have paired him up with Gurley.....now she has Bell and Martin......seriously WTF????

Anyway...he is an incredible talent. If he stays healthy he could have a HOF career. That's how good he is.

I've been sold on Gurley since he was a junior in high school about 50 miles from me. Every highlight reel I've ever seen is eye-popping. He kept that up at UGA, where he was clearly the lead dog in a tough conference. He is an amazing talent, and I admit to having a serious man-crush on him as a player. I traded away several quality players to get the # 1 pick in my dyno league this year just to make sure I got him. I don't have a single player I wouldn't have traded for him straight up - and I have ADP, Megatron, Brady, Demaryius, Graham, Charles, and Shady.

I view him as the top dynasty RB currently in the league. Truly, the only other RBs that gave me the same kind of "I have to have him on my team" early in their careers were ADP and Priest Holmes.

Now, that said, I would still start ADP and Charles over him for now. We'll see how long that holds, though.

• Like 1

I had the #2 and #3 pick and the guy at #1 took Gordon because he "wants to win now." This left me with Gurley and Cooper. My new shtick is going to be sending him a weekly report on their fantasy points compared to Gordon's.

Talk about an epic fail.

(Yes, I realize it's only 4 games into their careers but still...)

I had the #2 and #3 pick and the guy at #1 took Gordon because he "wants to win now." This left me with Gurley and Cooper. My new shtick is going to be sending him a weekly report on their fantasy points compared to Gordon's.

Same thing here except I only had the #2 pick. So glad he passed on Gurley..even better is that he's 0-4.

that's crazy.

Bucky, I was even more lucky, IMO, in my 14-team dyno. I traded for the # 1 in preseason this year, and I had the # 5 pick from a trade last year, so I had 1 & 5 in our rookie draft this year. I got Gurley and Amari. I couldn't believe Amari fell to 5. That was ridiculous.

Well, I'm horribly lacking at TE, so obviously this was a fair offer.

Richard Rodgers...Aaron Rodgers...easy to confuse the two, I'm sure.