What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (8 Viewers)

Gurley looks to be every bit as good as ADP bit my main reason for looking to move him is I am a lot more confident that when I am ready to compete next year or 2017? It will be a LOT easier to find a RB to start than it is to find a WR/TE

I will update if I ever move him

FYI

I dealt Freeman 2 weeks ago in this league.

Picked him up before the trade deadline last year for Forsett

I sent Freeman and what will probably be 2.01/2.02 for Watkins and what will probably be 3.01/3.02

I was able to get Graham a few weeks ago for Alghor and what look to be 1.01-1.05
Wait.

You want to trade Todd Gurley for a WR?

You traded Devonta Freeman and a 2nd round pick for Sammy Wantins and a 3rd round pick?

You traded a top 5 pick and Nelson Agholor for a 29 year-old Jimmy Graham who is barely used in Seattle?

lol.

No offense, but you're REALLY, REALLY bad at this whole dynasty league thing.

Really.
Damn :goodposting: in full rebuild and you want to TRADE AWAY Gurley? He's going to be your set it and forget starter for at least the next 5 years.
You had Freeman AND Gurley and can't compete?
My team was very bare especially on the IDP side and had little production from WR and TE.I blew the team up last year.

As I said before WR and TE and very hard to trade for. You have to overpay in a trade or hope a draft pick works out.

If I can nab a tier 1 WR or te for Gurley I will do it.

When I had ADP early on. No one wanted to trade Calvin or Grok types for a stud RB.

It's more of knowing the landscape of my league and confident I can trade for a good RB later on when ready to compete as opposed to A wr/te...or the other possibility that I duck at this dynasty thing. I haven't been into it as much as I used to be
You still don't understand that you're totally wrong about the value of a stud RB. Yes, I get that the other owners in your league are also confused, but that doesn't mean that you have to be.

I'm putting you on ignore because your reasoning, or lack there of, makes absolutely no sense and, for the life of me, I don't understand why you still "think" this way despite all of he great advice we have given you.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Can we stop talking about numb's team and back to Gurley?
I :wub: him.

I remember having Peterson in his rookie season, Chris Johnson in his CJ2K season and Charles in his big season a couple of years ago. I'm more fired up about Gurley than I was with all of those guys - and Johnson and Charles, in particular, were absolute monsters those years. This kid is so special and has so much talent and potential. I just pray he's stays healthy. If he does the rest of this season is going to be insane.

Can we stop talking about numb's team and back to Gurley?
You seem to have missed the new Shart Pool mandate. This is the de facto Assistant Coach forum. Now with I dominate my office league bluster. Eat it, Nancy in accounts receivable!

If every other post isn't about somebody's team and absent any useful content, an autobot kicks in to get the ratio back up.

ETA: This is as valuable as Gurley is ever going to be, imo. If you feel like you can get more value trading him, now is the time to shop him. It's hard to picture a situation where his value increases in dynasty/keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurley looks to be every bit as good as ADP bit my main reason for looking to move him is I am a lot more confident that when I am ready to compete next year or 2017? It will be a LOT easier to find a RB to start than it is to find a WR/TE

I will update if I ever move him

FYI

I dealt Freeman 2 weeks ago in this league.

Picked him up before the trade deadline last year for Forsett

I sent Freeman and what will probably be 2.01/2.02 for Watkins and what will probably be 3.01/3.02

I was able to get Graham a few weeks ago for Alghor and what look to be 1.01-1.05
Wait.

You want to trade Todd Gurley for a WR?

You traded Devonta Freeman and a 2nd round pick for Sammy Wantins and a 3rd round pick?

You traded a top 5 pick and Nelson Agholor for a 29 year-old Jimmy Graham who is barely used in Seattle?

lol.

No offense, but you're REALLY, REALLY bad at this whole dynasty league thing.

Really.
Damn :goodposting: in full rebuild and you want to TRADE AWAY Gurley? He's going to be your set it and forget starter for at least the next 5 years.
You had Freeman AND Gurley and can't compete?
My team was very bare especially on the IDP side and had little production from WR and TE.

I blew the team up last year.

As I said before WR and TE and very hard to trade for. You have to overpay in a trade or hope a draft pick works out.

If I can nab a tier 1 WR or te for Gurley I will do it.

When I had ADP early on. No one wanted to trade Calvin or Grok types for a stud RB.

It's more of knowing the landscape of my league and confident I can trade for a good RB later on when ready to compete as opposed to A wr/te...or the other possibility that I duck at this dynasty thing. I haven't been into it as much as I used to be
Sorry, your logic here still makes no sense.

I look at dynasty teams in a 3 year window. Too much can happen to look beyond that. The NFL is called Not For Long for a reason.

Gurley is going to give you a BIG edge at RB for the next 3 years. Only Gronkowski can give you that edge. Over the entire league. And you're getting it in leagues where most start 2+ RBs.

I get it that stud WRs are very valuable in dynasty. But Gurley is the best RB to come out since Peterson in 2007. You're definitely underestimating the value of a stud RB in dynasty.

And in a 3 year window, IMO no player is more valuable than Gurley. And it's not even close. It would take an elite WR or Gronk, + another top 15 dynasty player for me to consider trading him. I would rather just pencil in my 100+ yards and a score every week and smile.

If you have him, I wouldn't trade T Gurley for anyone at this point in time. Sink or swim with this stud on your roster.

With Bell's injury there isn't anyone I would trade Gurley straight up for in Dynasty. Any package deal would need to begin with Bell, Julio, Brown or Dez or I ain't listening.

With Gurley coming off the ACL last year and likely not able to do as much for strenghening as he might have it he'd been healthy prior to this season, does anyone thing the Rams might put him on a pitch count?

If he gets 20 carries a game the rest of the way, that would give him 274 carries for the season. In the 4 full games he's played, he's averaged 22 carries a game.

With Gurley coming off the ACL last year and likely not able to do as much for strenghening as he might have it he'd been healthy prior to this season, does anyone thing the Rams might put him on a pitch count?

If he gets 20 carries a game the rest of the way, that would give him 274 carries for the season. In the 4 full games he's played, he's averaged 22 carries a game.
They took him out for the fourth quarter last Sunday so if they're playing from the front I think they'll do the same type of thing. I would expect Mason to get some consistent carries each game now which would be smart. No reason to overwork Gurley. But if the game's competitive I would expect Gurley to keep doing the bulk of the heavy lifting.

They took him out for the fourth quarter last Sunday so if they're playing from the front I think they'll do the same type of thing. I would expect Mason to get some consistent carries each game now which would be smart. No reason to overwork Gurley. But if the game's competitive I would expect Gurley to keep doing the bulk of the heavy lifting.
ya, they want to win games and he gives them the best chance to do that. I'm sure during the week after the game they are checking on him, his knee to make sure everything is still feeling good and there aren't issues.

packersfan said:
With Bell's injury there isn't anyone I would trade Gurley straight up for in Dynasty. Any package deal would need to begin with Bell, Julio, Brown or Dez or I ain't listening.
I wouldnt trade any of those WRs straight for Gurley. WRs have a longer shelf life and those WRs you mentioned are studs. But if you want to send a package with Gurley and a pick or two for Julio or Brown, I'll listen. I do love Gurley though, but I love Brown and Julio more.

We're all obsessed with winning in fantasy football and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But I think sometimes we forget that it's fun to have guys on your team who you just enjoy watching. Gurley is one of those guys for me. Yeah he's a stud talent and that helps but I love watching him play. As a result I would probably say no to even an amazing trade offer. I just like having this guy on my team.

Don't listen to spidet, numb. Guy has Gronk listed as a WR! :lol: He's a TE! :lmao:
From the guy who claims that Gurley isn't good if you take away all of his best runs. Lol.

This league treats WR's and TE's as the same.

Shoo fly.

Not when the Rams are still fighting for a playoff spot.

From the guy who claims that Gurley isn't good if you take away all of his best runs. Lol.
Link?
Take away that 71 yard run and it wasn't a very good day. 19 carries for 62 yards against a terrible defense isn't exactly what I was expecting.

I'm hoping this kid isn't big play dependent.
The 49ers DT plays that play better and this thread hits page 3.
Ask a statistic expert if it is better to count on an average or a median and see what they tell you.

I admit I am guilty of just watching the stats though. I didn't see the runs.

You have big time reading comprehension issues, buddy.
You were trying to make some misguided "point" about the majority of Gurley's carries being for short gains.

OF COURSE MOST OF HIS CARRIES AREN'T GOING TO GO 20 YARDS!!!

What you didn't realize is that Gurley, like every great back in NFL history, is probably going to break at least a run or two for big gains almost every week.

No RB in history has had median gains of 6 yards.

You are going to try to distance yourself from it now, but you weren't impressed because he wasn't getting 5 or 6 yards on every, single carry.

That's not how this stuff works, buddy.

We're all obsessed with winning in fantasy football and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But I think sometimes we forget that it's fun to have guys on your team who you just enjoy watching. Gurley is one of those guys for me. Yeah he's a stud talent and that helps but I love watching him play. As a result I would probably say no to even an amazing trade offer. I just like having this guy on my team.
This. Favorite guys to watch this year are Gurley and Diggs.

/hijack

Also, these dynasty trade discussions are :lmao:

You have big time reading comprehension issues, buddy.
You were trying to make some misguided "point" about the majority of Gurley's carries being for short gains.

OF COURSE MOST OF HIS CARRIES AREN'T GOING TO GO 20 YARDS!!!

What you didn't realize is that Gurley, like every great back in NFL history, is probably going to break at least a run or two for big gains almost every week.

No RB in history has had median gains of 6 yards.

You are going to try to distance yourself from it now, but you weren't impressed because he wasn't getting 5 or 6 yards on every, single carry.

That's not how this stuff works, buddy.
Yup. That's exactly what I was saying. My bad.

Julio and Stew too much to offer for him in PPR redraft? Would leave Diggs as my No 1 WR, but would have added benefit of that I play the guy next week during Julio's bye, and at 4-4 I need every win I can get.

Julio and Stew too much to offer for him in PPR redraft? Would leave Diggs as my No 1 WR, but would have added benefit of that I play the guy next week during Julio's bye, and at 4-4 I need every win I can get.
What are your roster requirements?

I offered Julio and woodhead in same type league and got laughed at.

2-2-1. Have Ingram, Stew and Yeldon as my RBs.
How many teams are in your league?
I think what he meant to ask is whether you've heard of the assistant coach forum?

2-2-1. Have Ingram, Stew and Yeldon as my RBs.
How many teams are in your league?
Can you start Gronk as a WR? What is your team name?

I know this is a dynasty thread but in redraft I just traded Gurley and Watson for Gronk in a .5 ppr. I feel good about it.

BobbyLayne said:
I don't think I would feel good about trading Gurley in redraft. Ride him to the title.
Nothing against Gurley, but I don't think he's Jesus and can cause miracles. The Gurley owner in my league is 3-5, including being 1-3 in the past 4 weeks. If I was that guy I'd be looking to sell.

That being said, I wouldn't have made the trade the guy did you were referring to.

Maybe the sample size for Gurley isn't very big, but I'll be happy with any rookie that is recovering/have recovered from knee surgery and performing like Gurley is. Imagine the Rams with a passing game good enough for the other team's defense to respect it and not stack the box.

I own him in one league and, I couldn't imagine wanting to trade him.

Gurleys jersey is in Canton, after 125+ rushing yards against SF - no rookie RB has ever had 125+ rushing yards in four consecutive games (let alone their first four starts).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/186551/todd-gurleys-jersey-cleats-now-on-display-at-hall-of-fame

Also noted, only Dickerson and Peterson had more rushing yards in their first five games, despite Gurley rushing for just nine yards on six carries in his (non-starting) debut.

Peterson and Herschel Walker praise Gurley (not sure if posted above?)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572692/article/adrian-peterson-herschel-walker-praise-todd-gurley

Walker described him as flashing Hall of Fame-caliber talent, after visiting Rams practice this week (fellow Georgia alum?).

Next Gen Stats

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572531/article/next-gen-stats-gronk-a-freakishly-stellar-specimen

1. Todd Gurley posted his fourth consecutive top-five speed (21.70) among running backs as a ball carrier on his 71-yard touchdown run. It was not only his fastest run this season, but also the highest speed on any Week 8 touchdown. Gurley squeezed through a hole of 2.80 yards and pulled away from safety Eric Reid, who never got closer than 2.02 yards of separation. As NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks points out in the video to the right, Gurley ran hurdles for Team USA in Europe in 2011 and clocked the seventh-fastest time in hurdles at the University of Georgia.​​

football fan said:
Maybe the sample size for Gurley isn't very big, but I'll be happy with any rookie that is recovering/have recovered from knee surgery and performing like Gurley is. Imagine the Rams with a passing game good enough for the other team's defense to respect it and not stack the box.

I own him in one league and, I couldn't imagine wanting to trade him.
Gurley is doing so well that he's made Tavon Austin fantasy relevant. Look at their combined TDs since Gurley started playing ful-time. Suddenly it seems like people are having trouble deciding how to defend against STL. Big change from recent seasons, and evidence of how dangerous Gurley is.

No. Jeff Fisher needs to win and make the playoffs this year. He has too much talent to miss the playoffs again. Not saying he is on the hot seat, but there has to be some pressure on him to win considering all of the talent they have now, and Gurley dominating is the thing that can make it happen.

BobbyLayne said:
I don't think I would feel good about trading Gurley in redraft. Ride him to the title.
Nothing against Gurley, but I don't think he's Jesus and can cause miracles. The Gurley owner in my league is 3-5, including being 1-3 in the past 4 weeks. If I was that guy I'd be looking to sell. That being said, I wouldn't have made the trade the guy did you were referring to.
I started 0-5, now 3-5 and one win out a playoff spot.

Tex

I've been offered Diggs and Le'Veon for Gurley in a keeper league. (I'm out of the race this year.)

Le'Veon and Gurley are effectively equal in cost to keep. Diggs would be replacing either Jeremy Hill or Willie Snead (not sure which one yet, depends on the rest of the season) as a keeper.

Worth it? I'm currently inclined to hold on to Gurley vs. take on Le'Veon's risk while trading 1 4-game sample (Gurley) for another one that seems less reliable (Diggs) given his QB and the question of how defenses will adjust. But trying to see if I'm crazy for passing this up..

I've been offered Diggs and Le'Veon for Gurley in a keeper league. (I'm out of the race this year.)

Le'Veon and Gurley are effectively equal in cost to keep. Diggs would be replacing either Jeremy Hill or Willie Snead (not sure which one yet, depends on the rest of the season) as a keeper.

Worth it? I'm currently inclined to hold on to Gurley vs. take on Le'Veon's risk while trading 1 4-game sample (Gurley) for another one that seems less reliable (Diggs) given his QB and the question of how defenses will adjust. But trying to see if I'm crazy for passing this up..
Pass.

It's a deep roster. 3 keepers, of which I'll have Amari Cooper in addition to the other 2 based on the trade or lack thereof. To fill 3 WR / 2 RB / 2 flex

Users who are viewing this thread