What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (6 Viewers)

I've been offered Diggs and Le'Veon for Gurley in a keeper league. (I'm out of the race this year.)

Le'Veon and Gurley are effectively equal in cost to keep. Diggs would be replacing either Jeremy Hill or Willie Snead (not sure which one yet, depends on the rest of the season) as a keeper.

Worth it? I'm currently inclined to hold on to Gurley vs. take on Le'Veon's risk while trading 1 4-game sample (Gurley) for another one that seems less reliable (Diggs) given his QB and the question of how defenses will adjust. But trying to see if I'm crazy for passing this up..
What are your roster requirements?
It's a deep roster. 3 keepers, of which I'll have Amari Cooper in addition to the other 2 based on the trade or lack thereof. To fill 3 WR / 2 RB / 2 flex
PPR? Can you start Grok at WR?

I've been offered Diggs and Le'Veon for Gurley in a keeper league. (I'm out of the race this year.)

Le'Veon and Gurley are effectively equal in cost to keep. Diggs would be replacing either Jeremy Hill or Willie Snead (not sure which one yet, depends on the rest of the season) as a keeper.

Worth it? I'm currently inclined to hold on to Gurley vs. take on Le'Veon's risk while trading 1 4-game sample (Gurley) for another one that seems less reliable (Diggs) given his QB and the question of how defenses will adjust. But trying to see if I'm crazy for passing this up..
It's a deep roster. 3 keepers, of which I'll have Amari Cooper in addition to the other 2 based on the trade or lack thereof. To fill 3 WR / 2 RB / 2 flex
0.5 PPR. We also start a TE/QB/K/DEF/etc. Didn't feel it necessary to call that out. So no, TE's can't play WR...doesn't seem relevant though.

Last edited by a moderator:

0.5 PPR. We also start a TE/QB/K/DEF/etc. Didn't feel it necessary to call that out. So no, TE's can't play WR...doesn't seem relevant though.
How many teams in your league? What's the buy-in?

Good news guys.

I moved Gurley.

I don't want to derail the thread about my team but for those interested in Gurley's trade value. Here you go.

I was in rebuild mode last year and this year and with a series of moves look to be competitive enough next year.

16 team idp

Must start 3WR

RB/TE flex

High performance

I traded

Gurley

P. Dorset

1st (currently 1.16)

Late 2nd

Early 3rd

For

Antonio Brown

1st (currently 1.3)

WR and TE are a premium in this league and very hard to trade for.

Very happy with my WRS and TE now.

Still will make a few minor moves and will have 3 1st 2 of which should be top 3ish.

You traded a 21 year-old stud who plays a position where there are only 2 or 3 top-notch guys, for a 27 year-old stud WR, a position where there is little difference between the #1 guy and the #12 guy.

Oh, and a high pick in what looks to be a weak draft class.

Continued luck on your "rebuilding" for the next 10 years. :thumbup:

Im the guy he traded Gurley to. Tight ends have the most value in the league at 1.5 ppr. Wrs next since we start 3. Rbs usually last since we only have to start one. That said i love me some Gurley so didnt care.

I find it hard to inderstand how a team rebuilding gives away a RB who is arguably already the best in the NFL at 21 years old.

:shrug:

I find it hard to inderstand how a team rebuilding gives away a RB who is arguably already the best in the NFL at 21 years old.

I can understand that thinking.

My thoughts are as such

-RB position as a whole has been devalued.

-RB shelf life is a lot shorter than a WR

-While Gurley looks incredibly special I no longer view any RB as a set it and forget it for the next 4-6 years. I DO feel that way about WRs.

-Gurley's injury concerns me a tad. Another similar injury and it is a lot harder for a RB to come back from that than a WR

-In rebuilding, for this league, I feel building around WR/TE is paramount in having a stable core of players. That is where the value is in this league and I wanted to solidify that area 1st.

-Trade values. This league started in 2007. I drafted AP. In his hay day I could not trade AP straight up for a TOP WR or TE. I tried. (Actually, that year we had a rookie draft as part of the start up and Calvin went 1.1 and I took AP at 1.2)

-With that trade value in mind. I know top tier WR/TE is king in this league. If you want one, you have to pay heavy for it or draft/cultivate it.

-I have had a lot of success in this league drafting RBs (early and late) and pulling RB of the WW. I feel I can continue to do the same going forward.

-The value some of you guys would want for Gurley, simply isn't there. With this type of player and trade, realistically you are looking at 1-4 teams that even have the parts to make the deal and then you have to get to a middle ground.

This is a Gurley thread so i don't want to bring up the rest of my roster and the moves I made to get to this point or where I plan to get to but bottom line I took Gurley and his current value which is very high and moved him for a player/position I feel offers more stability to my core team to build around. When I am ready to seriously compete I feel adding a top RB will be very easy.

Bumping up from 1.16 range to 1.3 range is also huge. Whether it's a player I can land or the trade value that pick will command. I didn't love losing Dorsett. I will be more bummed about this deal if he turns out to be a WR1 in a year or 2.

The draft class doesn't concern me.

There are no weak draft classes, just weak drafters.

Good luck with Gurley. He is fun to watch and I may regret moving him but felt I made the right move at this time for the plan and vision I have in mind.

Shelf Life (in dynasty).

I love Gurley as much as anybody. I think he is flat out awesome. But, in dynasty, give me a stud WR any day. With the injuries that eventually come to ALL rbs (name one great Rb that hasn't had a decent injury in the past 2-3 seasons), it's a no-brainer to me.

Say you drafted Larry Fitzgerald back in 2004. You still got him and he's been great his entire career except the years he had wasteland QBs. Even then, he always had AT LEAST flex value. Look at the guys that were taken ahead of him. SJAX (great but often injured and hasn't been a factor for three years), Kevin and Julius Jones (each lasted about 15 minutes).

To be fair, if Gurley is Adrian Peterson or LT all over again, then its a different story but in today's NFL with so much emphasis on the pass, it's a push at best for the RB. If you have Deandre Hopkins or Allen Robinson right now (guys that were in the middle of the top tier but not considered the best at their position in terms of best Wrs their years), you are still light years ahead of EVERY RB that has come out in the past 5 years.

Shelf Life (in dynasty).I love Gurley as much as anybody. I think he is flat out awesome. But, in dynasty, give me a stud WR any day. With the injuries that eventually come to ALL rbs (name one great Rb that hasn't had a decent injury in the past 2-3 seasons), it's a no-brainer to me.

Say you drafted Larry Fitzgerald back in 2004. You still got him and he's been great his entire career except the years he had wasteland QBs. Even then, he always had AT LEAST flex value. Look at the guys that were taken ahead of him. SJAX (great but often injured and hasn't been a factor for three years), Kevin and Julius Jones (each lasted about 15 minutes).

To be fair, if Gurley is Adrian Peterson or LT all over again, then its a different story but in today's NFL with so much emphasis on the pass, it's a push at best for the RB. If you have Deandre Hopkins or Allen Robinson right now (guys that were in the middle of the top tier but not considered the best at their position in terms of best Wrs their years), you are still light years ahead of EVERY RB that has come out in the past 5 years.
Shelf life matters but most anyone will tell you to think 3 years out in dynasty, at most 5. Gurley is 21. Even if we stretch the window to 5 years he's only 26 which is still prime. Hell, you'd still have even 2 more years of prime remaining. I don't see the shelf life argument mattering here. Even if you subscribe to it, the positional scarcity has to severely outweigh it IMO.

Shelf Life (in dynasty).I love Gurley as much as anybody. I think he is flat out awesome. But, in dynasty, give me a stud WR any day. With the injuries that eventually come to ALL rbs (name one great Rb that hasn't had a decent injury in the past 2-3 seasons), it's a no-brainer to me.

Shelf life matters but most anyone will tell you to think 3 years out in dynasty, at most 5. Gurley is 21. Even if we stretch the window to 5 years he's only 26 which is still prime. Hell, you'd still have even 2 more years of prime remaining.I don't see the shelf life argument mattering here. Even if you subscribe to it, the positional scarcity has to severely outweigh it IMO.
When I say shelf life I also mean within those 3 years.

Look at the last 3 years and the top 5 RBs each year vary so much due to injury, RBBC, beating the chit out of women/kids or whatever.

Just seems a stud WR can hold his STUD position within those 3 years easier and also past those 3 years.

Can Gurley be a top 5 RB for the next 3 years? Of course.

Will he? History says there is a very good chance he will not be.

I made the trade for Gurley and im actually surprised by the "outrage" over this trade. Antonio was the #1 non QB last season and currently #2 this season even without Ben. I get that its harder to find good RBs but we only have to start 1, whereas we're forced to start 3 WRs. Ive got a pretty good nose for value and, in this particular league, this trade is about as even as it gets.

I made the trade for Gurley and im actually surprised by the "outrage" over this trade. Antonio was the #1 non QB last season and currently #2 this season even without Ben. I get that its harder to find good RBs but we only have to start 1, whereas we're forced to start 3 WRs. Ive got a pretty good nose for value and, in this particular league, this trade is about as even as it gets.
Stop trying to make me feel better after ripping me off!!

Yards will just not be easy to come by with this disgusting QB situation.
It's beginning to look like he might be TD dependent the rest of the season. This offense is a joke other than him. The QB play is probably the worst in the NFL, the oline is barely serviceable and opposing teams are selling out to stop him on the ground. He can still break free for a long run here and there, but all in all its going to be tough sledding on the ground.

How did they not involve him in the passing game against Baltimore? Even Case Keenum can complete a screen pass can't he?

OK, never mind.

It's beginning to look like he might be TD dependent the rest of the season. This offense is a joke other than him. The QB play is probably the worst in the NFL, the oline is barely serviceable and opposing teams are selling out to stop him on the ground.He can still break free for a long run here and there, but all in all its going to be tough sledding on the ground.
So...it's like SJAX all over again?

Hope not because this guy has gotten me more excited about NFL football than anyone in a long time. I just love watching him. It seems effortless for him and then that speed he has at that size wows me.

It's beginning to look like he might be TD dependent the rest of the season. This offense is a joke other than him. The QB play is probably the worst in the NFL, the oline is barely serviceable and opposing teams are selling out to stop him on the ground.He can still break free for a long run here and there, but all in all its going to be tough sledding on the ground.
The last two weeks have felt a lot like that. At least Gurley's scoring TDs but the high ceiling he was carrying has been hit hard.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
The last two weeks have felt a lot like that. At least Gurley's scoring TDs but the high ceiling he was carrying has been hit hard.
Starting to look like it's going the way of the SJAX . Sucks.

The past few weeks have been disappointing. Just nowhere to run and guys constantly in the backfield.

St. L needs a serviceable passing game.

The o-line has taken some big hits as well. But if this is his floor, sign me up..
Looks like that wasn't his floor, unfortunately. At least they swindled the Eagles for a 2nd rounder, that will help get them a QB hopefully.
They could end up with a top 5 pick at this point. In that case, draft a QB in the 1st, a WR & Oline in the 2nd.
Agree. Goff or Lynch in rd 1

Tough matchups. Hate the fact that they refuse to take the bubble wrap off in the pass game with him but I understand. Not worried. Things should loosen up with better matchups. In redraft Im probably more upset.

Bad QB, bad o-line, bad WR's, bad head coach, bad o-cordinator, bad owner
Disagree about the coach. Fisher is really good. The only reason you guys have gurley or any shred of optimism is the result of him being there.
Think I have to disagree with "really good" as a way to describe Fisher. He's getting humiliated almost on a weekly basis at this point, he has to take some of the blame here.

Well if this guy was the next best thing then he should be able to overcome 8 man boxes and no passing game. Peterson did it his rookie year. I guess it's not fair to compare Gurley to one of the greatest of all time though.

Users who are viewing this thread