Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

2 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I don't know if it's Fisher or not but I do know you're offense isn't going to be very good with Case Keenum at QB and Kenny Britt at WR and a gadget player as your other WR.  That is the worst passing offensive starters at core positions that I can think of in the entire NFL.

Look across the ball. 49ers passing game players are pretty bad too. 

3 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I don't know if it's Fisher or not but I do know you're offense isn't going to be very good with Case Keenum at QB and Kenny Britt at WR and a gadget player as your other WR.  That is the worst passing offensive starters at core positions that I can think of in the entire NFL.

Which is exactly why they shouldn't have traded up for Goff.  They needed actual WR talent too.  Could have found a serviceable QB somewhere.

20 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Which is exactly why they shouldn't have traded up for Goff.  They needed actual WR talent too.  Could have found a serviceable QB somewhere.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it's generally much easier to find serviceable players at WR than it is to find a franchise QB.

Whether or not Goff was the right QB, well that remains to be seen.

• Like 2

It was only one game, but I'm worried. Gurley is obviously not the problem, he looks great even when he gains 2 yards, but that was as bad an offensive performance as I've seen in years. The line looked horrible, the passing game fooled nobody, and the number one overall pick was in street clothes. The Rams are going to face 8-9 in the box all year.

Again, it's early, but that looked like a team in need of a complete overhaul. It's hard to expect an offense with no line and no passing threat to produce great rushing numbers no matter how talented Gurley is.

1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

They could have traded down and signed Robert Griffin...

2 hours ago, cliffhuxtible said:

It was only one game, but I'm worried. Gurley is obviously not the problem, he looks great even when he gains 2 yards, but that was as bad an offensive performance as I've seen in years. The line looked horrible, the passing game fooled nobody, and the number one overall pick was in street clothes. The Rams are going to face 8-9 in the box all year.

Again, it's early, but that looked like a team in need of a complete overhaul. It's hard to expect an offense with no line and no passing threat to produce great rushing numbers no matter how talented Gurley is.

You pretty much nailed it. I can't recall ever seeing a team look as listless and unprepared as Rams. Now watch them turn around and beat Seattle.

8 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

And it's been that way for years.  I can't believe they didn't bring in Sanu or Marvin Jones.  There are always FA wr's available.  And anyone could have hit on a WR in the early rounds the last few years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Rough game, but there were no holes.  He will be ok this year, but def looks like he is a bottom tier RB1, then a top tier.  Oh well...

I think for redraft, barring Goff being a revelation, you're right. He is probably looking RB9-12 range. What a waste of the best RB in the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Depends on your scoring system, but in our league he was the 12th ranked RB (PPG basis) over the 2nd half of the season in 2015... just ahead of Javorius Allen... having trouble seeing what made him a top 5 pick in redrafts... other than clever marketing.

watching him run will do that.... and makes you forget his terrible offensive situation

55 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Depends on your scoring system, but in our league he was the 12th ranked RB (PPG basis) over the 2nd half of the season in 2015... just ahead of Javorius Allen... having trouble seeing what made him a top 5 pick in redrafts... other than clever marketing.

I can't conceive of a scoring system (save one that deduct points for rushing yards) in which Gurley would have been the 12th ranked RB over the second half of last year.  Methinks you have failed to account for his week 17 game in which he did not play.  If you make that change I think you'll find he likely grades out inthe RB5-8 range at worst.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

I can't conceive of a scoring system (save one that deduct points for rushing yards) in which Gurley would have been the 12th ranked RB over the second half of last year.  Methinks you have failed to account for his week 17 game in which he did not play.  If you make that change I think you'll find he likely grades out inthe RB5-8 range at worst.

just using FBG data dominator, Gurley had 5th most RB fantasy points from weeks 9 to 17 and had 25 more total points than buck allen (RB14) through that time period.

Edited by iamkoza

2 hours ago, Morton Muffley said:

After week 9 he went 14, 12, 2, 4, 26, 13, 14... that's 12.1 PPG, ranking was 12th just ahead of Javorius Allen (modified PPR).

Edited by Dizzy

3 hours ago, iamkoza said:

watching him run will do that.... and makes you forget his terrible offensive situation

Watched him run for my team all last season... gets stuffed a lot near the goal line as I recall.

To forget his terrible offensive situation means you can forget about winning.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher isn't worried about Todd Gurley's slow start.

"He's outstanding," said Fisher. "When the season is said and done, people are going to go, 'Wow.'" If only it were that simple. Gurley is being held hostage in an offense that is fundamentally broken. He's going to have a hard time mustering anything of fantasy significance with Case Keenum guiding the listless Rams. Once considered a no-brainer RB1, Gurley's fantasy arrow is pointing way down.

Sep 21 - 6:29 PM

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 1:09 AM, Faust said:

Amazing how fantasy and real life are two different things. Surely has been below average so the team sucks.

The Rams are 3-1......Jeff Fisher say's...."Go screw your selves fantasy owners".

Edited by Todem