What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (6 Viewers)

I went down with the ship with Michael Bush, David Wilson, Marcus Lattimore, and Mendenhall. I'm always too optimistic with my guys. 

Lol ... yea that sounds great, but uhm

he had the dream matchup last week - and he disappointed. I know he didn't play much in the 4th, but he also didn't run well with his early chances.

looked good catching the ball - but he looked pretty bad with his carries. For a supposed top RB ... he should be able to create more on his own.

i want to sell

If you're looking to sell, wait for the value bump he gets for destroying the Redskins defense this week. He's gonna run wild. 

See? Haha

Talent was never the issue, he's the best back I've since adp. I've been saying that for awhile. In college, he was better than Fournette, Elliot, and a half level better than Nick  Chubb (before injury) . He's in his 3rd year breakout. The cream always rises to the top, this guy is about to join the Leveon Bell level soon.

Talent was never the issue, he's the best back I've since adp. I've been saying that for awhile. In college, he was better than Fournette, Elliot, and a half level better than Nick  Chubb (before injury) . He's in his 3rd year breakout. The cream always rises to the top, this guy is about to join the Leveon Bell level soon.
3rd year breakout?  What?

it's an old term we used to use for receivers before they made it illegal to play defense.  

as a Gurley owner, who was unsuccessful in trading him, i hope this somehow applies to him as well.  
Uh, yeah, I'm familiar with the term.  Never heard it applied to a RB.  Especially one who broke out in his rookie year.

A whole lot of people have been questioning his talent.

He looks every inch the guy we thought he was again the last few games.  His vision is much better and running with a ton more confidence. 

I was offered Melvin Gordon and 1.14 in a 16 man and declined
Wow. As a Gurley owner, I'd take that deal without hesitation.

Funny what a difference a year makes...end of 2015 no way u even consider gordon for gurley

And that is basically why I didn't take it.  I'm willing to go down with the ship if necessary, but making this trade based on one year would kill me if things turned back around.  I would much rather be wrong about something that be right but bail on it for mainstream thought process and get burned. 

I just gotta see what McVay can do here.  If he can just get Goff to play at a Flacco level that will be prevent the sellout defenses currently do to stack the run game up.  It was pretty absurd how badly teams just didn't fear that passing game and just pressed the inside running game.
This is exactly what I was hoping for.  I bought into what McVey brought, the success he had with WAS/Cousins was a big time preview, and it's like night and day.  It's obviously a work in progress, the talent level still needs work on the OLine and the new WR need more time to work with Goff, but the scheme is finding ways to loosen it up for Gurley and get him some extra room.  The passing game is taking a ton of pressure off the running game and his design and play calling aren't forcing things, they just take what the D gives.  It's really pretty masterful given what he's got to work with.

I held my nose and drafted him after making him my first rounder last year. Got him later. I can't believe this. I swear I almost cut him right before he scored his first Td last week. 

Just got offered McCoy for him...

Prior to the season, I was offered Gurley and 2.7 for TY Hilton and I accepted. Tried to sell him, but couldn't find the right deal. I like the usage, but I still don't see a great runner. I'd still sell for the right price.

Great game and I own the guy and I'm happy so far...but his schedule gets rough after next week. 
Yup. Time to sell high. One of the easiest run schedules in the league so far and with such a soft schedule, the Rams have been in position for him to touch the ball a lot. It's going to get much harder going forward.

With a decent passing attack he's going to have a lot of goal line work no matter who the opponent is. Who would you rather have at RB right now? Bell, maybe?
Bell obviously (I tried to sell Gurley plus Hogan to the Bell owner this week and got rejected....I lowballed). I'd also take non-suspension Zeek, Gordon, and Hunt over him. Freeman perhaps too. I just don't trust Goff and this offense is still getting its feet wet and they are about to face a lot tougher defenses. 

I feel bad for those that sold low too. I'm selling high next week. Although might wait until after Dallas, I think he's got one more plus game in him. 

Good question. I'm hoping one of the RB I mentioned a few posts ago underperforms. Wrapping Gurley + a WR for Bell would be cool 
I'd hoped to trade for the same, but last years ghost still haunts.  Might just have to ride this out with a chaser of D Henry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He SHOULD have 5 TDs but he got stuffed twice at the 1 yard line. I think we're witnessing some of the downside of Gurley in this 3rd quarter. His YPC average has dropped from around 4 yards to 3 yards in one quarter of play. I dunno maybe he'll pick it up in the 4th again and I'll gladly eat my words but I'm nervous about holding all year. 

He SHOULD have 5 TDs but he got stuffed twice at the 1 yard line. I think we're witnessing some of the downside of Gurley in this 3rd quarter. His YPC average has dropped from around 4 yards to 3 yards in one quarter of play. I dunno maybe he'll pick it up in the 4th again and I'll gladly eat my words but I'm nervous about holding all year. 
The OL is known to be a work in progress.  Rams starting center is out.  SFO has 3 first round picks on their DL.  SFO was selling out with 9 in the box and when they went away from the run it was pitch and catch easy TD.  With as sloppy as most Thursday games have been, and how much defenses have had an advantage so far this year. this is hardly a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread