What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (7 Viewers)

Well ####. Actually I’ll take it. One league I have him in I’m getting pummeled anyway and playing against him in another. 

Man I feel for you guys that have him - have a feeling a lot of championships just changed hands. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gurley giveth (2017) and the Gurley taketh away (2018). 

After he wrecked me in the playoffs almost single-handedly last year, I anticipated a repeat this year. Breathing a sigh of relief right now. Might discount him a little at the top of drafts next year, if people are bitter.

:sadbanana:

My only consolation is that I would have started Josh Adams instead and would have gotten 1.9 points which wouldn't have helped me any.

Cobbler1 said:
2 capable backups? A rookie 6th rounder who was 4th string 3 weeks ago and a guy who hasn’t played in months and didn’t get signed after trying out for a couple teams? They have 2 other RBs on the roster, yes.
eh hem

Gurley went 19/42 and 3/31 in their first meeting at HOME.  Weird how you conclude he would have gone for 30+ today.
It's not weird at all. It's actually pretty logical.

CJ had 25. He was an out of work back signed this week.

Gurley is the best RB in the NFL. Not a stretch to assume that under these same circumstances the best RB in the league musters 5 more points. Probably more. 

What is largely irrelevant is each players individual stats from the teams' previous meeting. 

Signed,

Gurley owner likely to lose by 30

Oh well, can't complain. He was a big part of getting me to the Superbowl in the first place. At least he got me some 2nd place money.

Painful watching CJ drop 160+ and a TD today knowing Gurley probably would have scored 30+ on AZ.  
it was painful watching gurley have to limp his way through the 2nd half of the game against philly last sunday night... all because john kelly was so terrible they couldnt play him.

It's not weird at all. It's actually pretty logical.

CJ had 25. He was an out of work back signed this week.

Gurley is the best RB in the NFL. Not a stretch to assume that under these same circumstances the best RB in the league musters 5 more points. Probably more. 

What is largely irrelevant is each players individual stats from the teams' previous meeting. 

Signed,

Gurley owner likely to lose by 30
So, the best RB in the league had 800 some yards, 3.2ypc in 2016?   He's "good" because of McVay's system, nothing more.  

So, the best RB in the league had 800 some yards, 3.2ypc in 2016?   He's "good" because of McVay's system, nothing more.  
Stop, just stop.  That is absolutely asinine.  And I suppose AP isn’t one of the best backs of our generation because he had bad years in Arizona and N.O.   

The only thing your numbers prove is exactly how awful Jeff Fisher was and how ineffective he was as a coach that year.  

Stop, just stop.  That is absolutely asinine.  And I suppose AP isn’t one of the best backs of our generation because he had bad years in Arizona and N.O.   

The only thing your numbers prove is exactly how awful Jeff Fisher was and how ineffective he was as a coach that year.  
:lmao:  you seriously compared a guy in his second season to one in his 11th.  That is quite possibly the worst post ever on this forum.

:lmao:  you seriously compared a guy in his second season to one in his 11th.  That is quite possibly the worst post ever on this forum.
With the exception of your post here of course.  

My bad for engaging in discussion with what I thought was a person not a troll.  Have a good day. 

With the exception of your post here of course.  

My bad for engaging in discussion with what I thought was a person not a troll.  Have a good day. 
Hilarious when people call me a troll because I'm smarter than them.  Look at the production Pittsburgh gets instead of Bell.  RBs are overrated.  Everyone knows that.  

When Gurley is one of the worst RBs in the league, it's because the coaching staff and system stinks.

When he is one of the "best" RBs in the league, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff or system even though his backups perform as well as he does.

When Adrian Peterson ran for twice as many yards in his second season as Gurley, Rams fans ignore that and bring up his production in his 11th season

:lmao: shark pool seriously is a fade these days 

When Gurley is one of the worst RBs in the league, it's because the coaching staff and system stinks.

When he is one of the "best" RBs in the league, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff or system even though his backups perform as well as he does.

When Adrian Peterson ran for twice as many yards in his second season as Gurley, Rams fans ignore that and bring up his production in his 11th season

Missed my point completely smart guy.  

Please heed your own advise and fade the shark pool. 

For those of us that play championships in week 17

The Rams must win to keep the #2 seed. Do the Rams will play him in week 17 or did CJ Anderson look too good against the Cards and will allow the Rams to continue to rest Gurley?

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-player-spread-betting-values-wide-receivers-running-backs?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=si

Cooley won’t even go that far, saying, “Running backs these days are largely interchangeable so they don’t have any value.”

We literally saw this yesterday when Todd Gurley couldn’t play and the Rams went from -14 to -14

:lmao: the difference between the "best" running back in the league and some guy who has been cut multiple times this year is worth exactly 0 points in the eyes of people who work in a multi-billion dollar sports betting industry.  I love when fans get all upset because they have no clue what they are talking about.

Gurley is the best RB in the NFL.
I don't know about best RB in the league. In fact I don't believe it at all. When Kupp was healthy they were the best offense in the league with one of the best offensive lines - having Mr. Guru himself Sean McVay helps too. I think Gurley's red zone usage compared to other backs not named Kamara is off the charts too.

I hate to be that 'tape' guy, but when I watch Gurley, he's a good RB that can do everything pretty well but nothing jumps out at me. This well-posted stat was pretty interesting: "105 of CJ Anderson's 167 rushing yards came after contact, more than Todd Gurley has ever gained in a game and the most by a Rams rusher in the last 10 seasons."

RB's who I think are better:

Chubb, Barkley, Kamara, Joe Mixon, Kerryon Johnson

pbandy1 said:
I don't know about best RB in the league. In fact I don't believe it at all. When Kupp was healthy they were the best offense in the league with one of the best offensive lines - having Mr. Guru himself Sean McVay helps too. I think Gurley's red zone usage compared to other backs not named Kamara is off the charts too.

I hate to be that 'tape' guy, but when I watch Gurley, he's a good RB that can do everything pretty well but nothing jumps out at me. This well-posted stat was pretty interesting: "105 of CJ Anderson's 167 rushing yards came after contact, more than Todd Gurley has ever gained in a game and the most by a Rams rusher in the last 10 seasons."

Whoa

pbandy1 said:

Granted best is always subjective but he’s elite without question.  The only back in the league that compares (and might be better) is Barkley.  TG3 is so smooth and makes it look easy so it’s deceptive.  And as for the stats posted about C.J. last night I refer you to C.J.’s reply on Twitter 

https://mobile.twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/1077049071536300032

pbandy1 said:

Stopped reading at "I don't know"

Lots of salty non-Gurley owners in here trying to make themselves feel better for not making the playoffs this year. Merry Christmas Todd, thanks for taking me to a dynasty title this year. 
:lmao:  Gurley had his worst game in week 14 and was a late scratch in week 16.  Sounds like you have had a little too much to drink this holiday

He got me a bye week. I would have got smoked week 14. Instead I crushed everyone weeks 15 and 16 en route to my first dynasty title in a 14yr league. Feels so good. 
2 down weeks and somehow people forget he was the league point leader most of the year and lead many teams to the bye.  

I wasn’t playing week 14 cause Gurley got me a bye.  He won me week 15.  Fortunately I had a strong enough team to weather his absence. 
the logic in here by Gurley fanboys is some of the worst I have ever seen.  Gurley non-owners are mad but then you admit you won your championship without him :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Guaranteed CJ Anderson won me more $ in week 16 than you have won in your fantasy career.

Sorry tjnc09

You're the first person I've ever had to formally ignore. You make no effort at discussion but just want to stick to your shtick, abuse anyone who responds and basically just aggrandize yourself with claims you have no idea as to their truthfulness. If you would make some effort, others might take you seriously. I'll never know.

Sorry tjnc09

You're the first person I've ever had to formally ignore. You make no effort at discussion but just want to stick to your shtick, abuse anyone who responds and basically just aggrandize yourself with claims you have no idea as to their truthfulness. If you would make some effort, others might take you seriously. I'll never know.
Yeah I got trolled. 

A few things.

Stop trolling. If you don't think you're trolling, then find another board. Because you are.

Be way cooler if you stay. 

If you stay, keep it 100% on football and not taking shots at other posters here.

Thanks. 

He's good because of the o-line nothing more.  When he had a bad o-line he looked bad.  It's not Mcvay's system it's the o-line.  I said this when he was drafted he would only be as good as his line.

Users who are viewing this thread