What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (2 Viewers)

Todd Gurley rushed 16 times for 57 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' Week 4 loss to the Packers.

He caught his lone target for six yards. Gurley scored the Falcons' only two touchdowns with runs of five and three yards. He now has four touchdowns through four games despite the low rushing yardage output and nearly nonexistent pass-game usage. Gurley is getting by on the touchdowns as a fantasy RB2. He has a great Week 5 matchup at home against the Panthers.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:16 AM ET

4 TD's this year in 4 weeks.

15-60 ish every week and pretty much all the GL attempts.

Great Flex/RB3 unless/until ATL makes a major change based on the record.  Their schedule eases up so if they can win a few games and not kill morale or present a 'play the new guy' he has already out performed.

I took him in as my 3rd  RB at RD 5 P1 with most of the usual suspects ahead of him.  Most notable after - MG 111?

Or sell high for a flyer?

4 TD's this year in 4 weeks.

15-60 ish every week and pretty much all the GL attempts.

Great Flex/RB3 unless/until ATL makes a major change based on the record.  Their schedule eases up so if they can win a few games and not kill morale or present a 'play the new guy' he has already out performed.

I took him in as my 3rd  RB at RD 5 P1 with most of the usual suspects ahead of him.  Most notable after - MG 111?

Or sell high for a flyer?
also struggling with this.  they work hill in, but gurley still has one of the more reliable workloads and like you said, a soft schedule coming up.  I feel like he is better to hold and try to sell in a few weeks if possible.  I'm not sure how inspired anyone will be after last night's performance.  he doesn't look great, though i don't think that the line is doing him too many favors.  He was still able to bounce a few, including that last TD.

I’m with you two too. He’s putting up points at the goal line but the snap% has been just a tad over 50% and he’s not getting many targets. And he got a bit lucky to get that second td late. If that goes differently I don’t think he was going back in. Buttttttt...the schedule is really favorable for the next month so I’m stuck between selling semi high and waiting for a 2-3 more weeks to try and sell a bit higher. I have major concerns about the team/him having incentive to play him a lot and him to play hard late in year when they’re 2-9.

Todd Gurley rushed 14 times for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' Week 5 loss to the Panthers.

Gurley got the day started with a 35-yard touchdown that required nothing but sprinting up the middle. As always, the Panthers defense looked miserable defending the run. Gurley can still run at top speeds. It's the lateral movement that's more of an issue for the veteran. Despite the Falcons looking broken on offense under Dan Quinn, Gurley is seeing RB2 volume and will see two more easy matchups with the Vikings and Lions next.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
So those that have watched Atlanta this year...is Gurley back? Is he still considering a good dynasty asset? Looks like he's posted pretty good numbers in fantasy (save week 2) and the last 3 weeks has been a top 6 producing RB. Smoke and mirrors or no? I have an offer in a PPR league where I could use RB help to trade Sutton for Gurley and a 2nd, just curious if others think he's worth that both this year and long term...any thoughts? 

So those that have watched Atlanta this year...is Gurley back? Is he still considering a good dynasty asset? Looks like he's posted pretty good numbers in fantasy (save week 2) and the last 3 weeks has been a top 6 producing RB. Smoke and mirrors or no? I have an offer in a PPR league where I could use RB help to trade Sutton for Gurley and a 2nd, just curious if others think he's worth that both this year and long term...any thoughts? 
Smoke and mirrors is my call. All RB's have looked good vs the Panthers. Yet he keeps getting TD's, so if you think that is sustainable, then he might be your guy. 

Smoke and mirrors is my call. All RB's have looked good vs the Panthers. Yet he keeps getting TD's, so if you think that is sustainable, then he might be your guy. 
I'm just not sure...but my team is pretty loaded at WR (Hopkins, Ridley, AJ Brown, Claypool, Sutton, Diontae Johnson) and I'm a lot weaker at RB (Chubb, Gibson, L. Murray, Edmonds) so while I hate to make panic moves seems Gurley would instantly upgrade my RB starter but will I quickly regret? Just don't know how those knees are holding up...

I'm just not sure...but my team is pretty loaded at WR (Hopkins, Ridley, AJ Brown, Claypool, Sutton, Diontae Johnson) and I'm a lot weaker at RB (Chubb, Gibson, L. Murray, Edmonds) so while I hate to make panic moves seems Gurley would instantly upgrade my RB starter but will I quickly regret? Just don't know how those knees are holding up...
I am a Gurley owner and i am nervous starting him every week. He gets most goal line carries so that's great. He's still a big back with good vision but he looks slooowwwww. Even this past weekend on his 25 yard TD run..he looked slow and if it wasn't for the huge hole he went through, he didn't have the speed. There is also the issue with Ryan. The passing game has been awful and for some reason...they don't reqlly create plays for Gurley. 

I start Gurley every week and so far so good but i don't think he looks good at all.

Gurley of old will never be back.

He can't move laterally at all anymore / he can't get the corner anymore. Isn't to say he can't be average North-South guy. The speed from point A to point B might still be there but the initial burst is gone.

The receiving isn't there anymore either. Been the case for the past 1.3 seasons. He's had 1 game this year of over 2 catches or 6 yards. 

Everything about his game screams he's in the late stage of his career even at 26.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet he keeps getting TD's, so if you think that is sustainable, then he might be your guy. 
I think it is sustainable. Even last year with the Rams he scored 12 TDs in 15 games played. Gurley has one hell of a nose for the endzone he has been doing it his whole career. I love the career milestone he achieved this weekend. 75 career touchdowns in 78 regular season games. Only LT, Jim Brown, and Emmitt Smith have reached that milestone in less time.

So those that have watched Atlanta this year...is Gurley back? Is he still considering a good dynasty asset? Looks like he's posted pretty good numbers in fantasy (save week 2) and the last 3 weeks has been a top 6 producing RB.
I only play redraft so I can't really comment on dynasty. As far as redraft goes I couldn't be happier with this guy. I drafted Gurley expecting him to be my RB2 with RB1 upside and he has met expectations. His worse game this year was week 2 with 61 yards and no TDs. However I was thrilled that he had 21 carries that game. This season he has seen no less than 14 carries in a game and he gets the majority of goal line touches. I'll take any RB seeing that kind of volume.

He can't move laterally at all anymore / he can't get the corner anymore. Isn't to say he can't be average North-South guy. The speed from point A to point B might still be there but the initial burst is gone.

The receiving isn't there anymore either. Been the case for the past 1.3 seasons. He's had 1 game this year of over 2 catches or 6 yards. 

Everything about his game screams he's in the late stage of his career even at 26.
Yup.  This.

Trying to move him for a WR since I have Kamara, Robinson and Gibson. Part of me wants to sell him while I can, but part of me thinks it may be a mistake. 

Struggling what to do in dynasty.  I'm 4-1 despite losing Saquon for the year, with Sanders/Gurley/Freeman/Breida/McKinnon/Harris as my healthy RBs.  (I can start from 1-3 RB).

If I trade Gurley for future value, that feels like punting 2020 when I'm in first place thru 5 weeks.  But if I try to ride him and contend this year, he may fall apart and lose all value, and I probably fall out of contention as a result.

Maybe I can split the difference - find a RB-needy team and get a WR/TE that can produce this year and in future.

Spot on

Todd Gurley rushed 20 times for 47 yards in the Falcons' Week 6 win over the Vikings.

Gurley was featured in the first half far more than he should have been. Every Gurley 1st-and-10 carry is a win for the opposing defense with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley healthy. As we saw in Week 5, Gurley is still capable of running in a straight line when a hole opens, but he creates little on his at this stage. His RB2 volume is here to stay, however, with Atlanta likely to rank inside the top-10 in total plays. The Lions' nonexistent rushing defense is up next.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:32 PM ET

Anyone trying to trade him after this game Vs Car.

Will still get volume but the matches are much harder
Traded him and Hockenson for DK. Ppr league but 20 yards for a point receiving. I agree the schedule gets much tougher and I don’t see much incentive for the Falcons to feed him late in the year when they’re 2-10.

Anyone trying to trade him after this game Vs Car.

Will still get volume but the matches are much harder
Had considered...but not sure Id get the value in return at RB.  And with the ups and downs of the Jones/Fournette situation...and Jacobs being hit or miss...I am just appreciating having a guy I know will get the carries each week and gets the ball near the GL.

Todd Gurley rushed 18 times for 46 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' Week 8 win over the Panthers. 

Gurley was not targeted in the passing game for the first time since Week 2. It was another bizarre game for Gurley, who disappeared for a long stretch in the first half seemingly without injury. Gurley was struggling and coach Raheem Morris seemed to want to see what Brian Hill could do. Hill looked far more explosive than his veteran teammate, logging nine more yards on seven fewer carries, but Gurley eventually returned like nothing had happened. Four days after scoring a game-losing touchdown against the Lions, Gurley committed another horrible late-game gaffe when he went out of bounds on third down with 3:11 remaining. The Falcons were trying to run out the clock/make the Panthers burn timeouts. Morris can't be pleased. Gurley still does fine when the Falcons dial up a stretch run, but he has almost zero lateral agility remaining. He will remain a workload-based RB2 for Week 9 against the Broncos. 

Oct 29, 2020, 11:52 PM ET

Just painful watching him. He can't move side to side at all anymore. I'm sure it'll come out after he's done how much pain it was for him to just play. He's 26 going on Frank Gore in RB years.

I don't know how he did it but credit to him for getting $5 mil out of the Falcons this year. I expect his career to end sooner rather than later. Probably has a nice future in film if he wants it.

Hill makes Gurley look like he's running in quicksand much like Henderson did last year with the Rams.

I really do think he’s going to get phased into a 50/50 type split and this may have been the beginning of that. Schedule gets much tougher starting next week. Glad I sold when I did. 

I really do think he’s going to get phased into a 50/50 type split and this may have been the beginning of that. Schedule gets much tougher starting next week. Glad I sold when I did. 
Agreed, sold him this past Tuesday as I only needed him for a few bye week issues:

Gurley and two 3rds for Goedert and a 2nd. (TE Premium league 1.5PPR). 

Todd Gurley did not practice on Wednesday due to a knee injury.

We know all about Gurley's history of knee injuries, so hopefully this is just a rest day after playing in 10 games this season. However, Brian Hill did play 26 snaps on Sunday in comparison to Gurley's 23. Gurley has not cleared 63 rushing yards in five games and a very large portion of his fantasy production is reliant on finding the endzone.

Nov 25, 2020, 8:56 PM ET

What's the deal with this knee injury?

Same ol' issue he's had or new?

No practice today I believe. Looking into B. Hill as a plan B.

What's the deal with this knee injury?

Same ol' issue he's had or new?

No practice today I believe. Looking into B. Hill as a plan B.
Was hoping to actually play Gurley in this matchup.  May be relying in the hoodie to actually give the ball to Damian Harris.

In a mini dynasty (keep starting lineup plus 8, with restrictions on the 8, IDP, PPR ), traded Gurley and Antonio Brown for Kittle.    That could bite me in the ###, as I'm in a "win now" mode, but neither of them was likely to make next years roster.

In a mini dynasty (keep starting lineup plus 8, with restrictions on the 8, IDP, PPR ), traded Gurley and Antonio Brown for Kittle.    That could bite me in the ###, as I'm in a "win now" mode, but neither of them was likely to make next years roster.
Nah that sounds like a fabulous trade for you. I'm not s long term believer in Gurley. Or short term for that matter.

Todd Gurley (knee) returned to practice Wednesday.

Gurley will be limited to individual drills after he missed practice all last week. This puts him on track to play Sunday if he can avoid setbacks. Gurley has a shy away matchup with the Saints' No. 2 ranked run defense if he returns this week.

SOURCE: Atlanta Journal Constitution

Dec 2, 2020, 11:58 AM ET

Can anyone really trust him ROS?  I mean it all comes down each game to if he will score...seems a 50 yard a week and hope for a TD is the best you can do with Gurley (of course...that seems the best I can expect most weeks from Damien Harris and realize he won't even get the GL carries that Gurley would).

Went with Gurley this week over Zack Moss. I hope I don't regret it but with Julio active maybe it opens up things for Gurley or at the very least Julio draws a PI at the 1 and Gurley punches it in. 

Falcons OC Dirk Koetter said Todd Gurley is dealing with a knee injury.

Koetter said the plan was to strictly use Gurley on 3rd down and inside the red zone, which would explain why the veteran was out-snapped by Ito Smith (24-22) on Sunday. Even with those fruitful reps all to himself, Gurley can't possibly be trusted in the fantasy playoffs as long as both Brian Hill and Smith are still involved between the 20s. Fantasy players should consider him a desperate option in Week 14 against the Chargers.

SOURCE: Kelsey Conway on Twitter

Dec 7, 2020, 6:07 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread