Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We moderate these forums where we ask people to be cool to each other and not troll. I believe that's what we do. If asking people to be cool to each other and not troll causes us to lose money,

Quick look and it looks like most of the warnings for you where when you said stuff like Be cooler. And stop the  back and forth. If you've got a point, make it and back up why you think it. Th

Watching Gurley this year makes me want to look up Fisher and punch him in the face.

Quote

Todd Gurley (knee) practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday.

This is not a surprising development after Gurley played on 22 snaps in the team's loss on Sunday, with Dirk Koetter confirming the obvious that Gurley is dealing with a knee injury. It is safe to assume we have seen the best of Gurley in 2020 and the RB's future is uncertain after signing just a one-year deal in Atlanta. Expect the Falcons to continue to split backfield work between Gurley, Ito Smith and Brian Hill.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:10 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Todd Gurley (knee) remained "limited" on Thursday.

Gurley probably won't get in a "full" practice the rest of the season. Seemingly in a three-man rotation with Brian Hill and Ito Smith as he's nowhere close to 100 percent health, Gurley has faded from RB2 relevance to become a low-ceiling FLEX. 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:38 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Todd Gurley (knee) is not on the team's final injury report and will play in Week 14 against the Chargers. 

Limited practices late in the week usually mean Gurley will be a go for Sunday. Without Julio Jones (hamstring) in the lineup, every Falcon besides Calvin Ridley is a low-floor option. Gurley is a touchdown dependent RB3 this week against LA. His presence makes Brian Hill and Ito Smith unplayable in all formats. 

RELATED: 

Ito Smith

, Brian Hill

SOURCE: William McFadden on Twitter 

Dec 11, 2020, 1:04 PM ET

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 14 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: Gabriel Davis' rookie breakout

Excerpt:

Quote

FALLER: RB TODD GURLEY II, ATLANTA FALCONS

There’s simply nothing left worth chasing from a fantasy perspective with Gurley. His 58.3 running grade ranks 73rd among running backs, and his 2.59 yards after contact per attempt ranks 47th (both min. 30 attempts). Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter said earlier in the week Gurley is currently dealing with a knee injury and was limited to third-down and red-zone duties. 

Ito Smith played two more snaps than the veteran in Week 13, as Gurley is inefficient and his team is now choosing to further limit his workload. He is not under contract for 2021 and may be stuck waiting for a team to call weeks into next season before accruing any fantasy points — similar to former Falcons back Devonta Freeman this season. Freeman’s current value is what we should project Gurley for next year. Think about what Freeman is worth, and take anything equivalent to that in trades before free agency opens next year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Todd Gurley rushed one time for -1 yards in the Falcons' Week 15 loss to the Bucs.

He caught both of his pass-game targets for 15 yards. Gurley is so done, and the Falcons know it. Ito Smith (six) and Brian Hill (five) combined for the other 11 backfield carries and have passed Gurley on the depth chart. Gurley can pretty much be dropped ahead of a Week 16 date with the Chiefs.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a good run for him. Kudos to him for getting another $5 mil out of ATL. I'm sure if he wants to be a goalline/short yardage guy next year, he can find a camp invite on near min deal or maybe someone gets just that desperate in season. He can definitely still block and run in a straight line from Point A to Point B

 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

It was a good run for him. Kudos to him for getting another $5 mil out of ATL. I'm sure if he wants to be a goalline/short yardage guy next year, he can find a camp invite on near min deal or maybe someone gets just that desperate in season. He can definitely still block and run in a straight line from Point A to Point B

 

Five years ago, NE would have picked him up off the scrap heap and he would've scored 8-10 TDs.  Some team will do the same next year (Seattle, Houston?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Todd Gurley rushed nine times for 18 yards in the Falcons' Week 17 loss to the Buccaneers.

Gurley ended his 2020 season with a dreadful whimper. He lacked any semblance of burst or agility all year and routinely looked worse than both Ito Smith and Brian Hill. His one saving grace from a fantasy perspective was goal line usage. He finished with five scores inside the five yard-line and eight red zone touchdowns. Gurley also logged 25 receptions for 264 receiving yards. He signed a one-year deal with Atlanta in the offseason and his lackluster performance with the Falcons all but guarantees that they won't be bringing him back. Gurley could sign another prove-it deal with a team in need of RB depth but it doesn't seem like he will be proving much of anything going forward. The best-case scenario for him is that he walks into a high-value backup role with a new team next year. From a fantasy angle, Gurley will need to land in the perfect spot to even be on the radar in 2021.

- Rotoworld

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Quote

The Athletic's Tori McElhaney said she doesn't expect the Falcons to re-sign impending free agent Todd Gurley.

It was always unlikely the injury-ravaged veteran would return for a second season in Atlanta, where he served as a change-of-pace back in the season's final month and a half. "It’s really difficult to justify Gurley staying," McElhaney said, adding that it "may make more sense for the Falcons to look to the draft for a replacement if there is a running back on the table for them in the second or third round." Gurley signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract with the Falcons last spring. Depending on where he signs, Gurley -- who had the 113th highest Pro Football Focus grade among running backs in 2020 -- will be little more than a late-round pick in fantasy drafts next summer.

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Feb 11, 2021, 1:06 PM ET

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Moe Green said:

Dude sure did pick the right time to get paid.

That's good for him.  He might retire before next season.  I don't think anyone will want him.  He should also start hitting dynasty waiver wires this year.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

That's good for him.  He might retire before next season.  I don't think anyone will want him.  He should also start hitting dynasty waiver wires this year.

Somebody in our league got fooled and coughed up a first-rounder for him midway through last year. I nearly threw something at the screen when the trade went through.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

That's good for him.  He might retire before next season.  I don't think anyone will want him.  He should also start hitting dynasty waiver wires this year.

I'm sure he's hit most waiver wires already. It was a good run for him - he had a dominant stretch but we all know the shelf life of RBs is short, and with his knees a lot shorter than it could have been.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zamboni said:

I'm sure he's hit most waiver wires already. It was a good run for him - he had a dominant stretch but we all know the shelf life of RBs is short, and with his knees a lot shorter than it could have been.

He's still rostered in all my leagues, but I feel that will start to change this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:
3 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I'm sure he's hit most waiver wires already. It was a good run for him - he had a dominant stretch but we all know the shelf life of RBs is short, and with his knees a lot shorter than it could have been.

He's still rostered in all my leagues, but I feel that will start to change this year.

I guess I can see how people might still roster him if leagues are very deep. As done as he is, there are even worse options out there. Hard to believe he's still only 26 years old.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried hard cashing out all my shares of him last year. One deal I moved Julio, Gurley, and 1.3 to land Barkley, Smith Jr, and late 3rd which netted me Claypool. I felt very lucky to do so even before we saw how bad he declined this year and what Claypool became. Unfortunately still stuck with him in 2 dynasty leagues...probably a May cut. 

Edited by ffmail4me
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I guess I can see how people might still roster him if leagues are very deep. As done as he is, there are even worse options out there. Hard to believe he's still only 26 years old.

(N)ot (F)or (L)ong

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I tried hard cashing out all my shares of him last year. One deal I moved Julio, Gurley, and 1.3 to land Barkley, Smith Jr, and late 3rd which netted me Claypool. I felt very lucky to do so even before we saw how bad he declined this year and what Claypool became. Unfortunately still stuck with him in 2 dynasty leagues...probably a May cut. 

Amazing he lasted. I wanted him at 3.1 but got sniped at about 2.09. Never saw that coming, really, though he was around the 25th guy off the board. Argh. Still want him on my team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he still has some value, certainly a huge drop off even from a year ago. He's definitely rosterable still and could land an interesting role on like Seattle or somewhere that he is not the feature back on a winning team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

I think he still has some value, certainly a huge drop off even from a year ago. He's definitely rosterable still and could land an interesting role on like Seattle or somewhere that he is not the feature back on a winning team.

“Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

- Andy Dufresne

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Wow you guys have a way lower opinion of him than I do. Okay then. I might be wrong and he's toast toast.

Lol I think some people are overstating it a bit for a laugh. I'm hanging onto him at least until I see where he lands. Like you said, if he winds up on Buffalo or Pittsburgh, things could line up for him to get goal line carries and even last year he was still effective at punching the ball in. That's worth a roster spot. More than likely he won't be worth one before the season is over however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

All along expected he will remain unsigned until after the draft.  Teams can then evaluate their rosters and look to add if needed.  That he hasn't been signed also likely reflects a league wide recognition that Gurley's knees are in very bad shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, popeye said:

All along expected he will remain unsigned until after the draft.  Teams can then evaluate their rosters and look to add if needed.  That he hasn't been signed also likely reflects a league wide recognition that Gurley's knees are in very bad shape.

I thought that was a given.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming he can pass a physical, I'm guessing he'll be a training camp addition when someone gets hurt. Maybe could still offer something as a short-yardage specialist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Anyone dropping him yet in dynasty? 

Why?  What is there possibly to gain by dropping him in May?  Are roster spots limited like, anywhere?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Why?  What is there possibly to gain by dropping him in May?  Are roster spots limited like, anywhere?

Could be a league where you designate guys to keep before the rookie draft. I play in one league like that.

I might cut Gurley in that instance, depending on who I had and who I was keeping, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, Hankmoody said:

Why?  What is there possibly to gain by dropping him in May?  Are roster spots limited like, anywhere?

I agree.  I can see dropping him when roster cut down happens before the season starts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Will someone sign Gurley?  He has the look of done.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear a retirement announcement soon.  Has anyone dropped him in your dynasty leagues yet?

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Will someone sign Gurley?  He has the look of done.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear a retirement announcement soon.  Has anyone dropped him in your dynasty leagues yet?

No point in dropping him yet, but he's on a short list.  He'd have to land somewhere pretty good to make it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Will someone sign Gurley?  He has the look of done.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear a retirement announcement soon.  Has anyone dropped him in your dynasty leagues yet?

I only have him in a league that doesn't cut down to 30 until September so there's no reason to drop him. I think he may sign somewhere that missed out on RB during the draft - maybe a team like Miami? I don't expect much out of him at this point though. He's likely a cut in September unless I can move him if/after he signs somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Will someone sign Gurley?  He has the look of done.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear a retirement announcement soon.  Has anyone dropped him in your dynasty leagues yet?

Dropped him in 1 league with short benches, dropped L Bell in 2... felt weird but they both have to be done, right? RIGHT?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shaq90 said:

BREAKING NEWS - TODD GURLEY TO VISIT WITH THE DETROIT LIONS.

Personally I'd go with lower case.

Due diligence meetup with a FA, no big deal at this point. MCDC was once again effusive in his praise of Swift and his twitch in the pre-OTA presser today.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

Personally I'd go with lower case.

Due diligence meetup with a FA, no big deal at this point. MCDC was once again effusive in his praise of Swift and his twitch in the pre-OTA presser today.

MCDC looking for a BRUISER

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Free agent Todd Gurley is visiting the Lions Thursday.

This sure smells of new Lions GM Brad Holmes, who was in the Rams' front office while Gurley was with L.A., doing Gurley a favor. The Lions already have D'Andre Swift headed into his second season and signed Jamaal Williams earlier in the offseason. There's no room for Gurley's broken-down body in this backfield. Gurley has drawn zero free-agent interest up to this point. He turns 28 in August and just doesn't have a lot left in his knees.

RELATED: 

Detroit Lions

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 27, 2021, 1:27 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

live from Allen Park

Not sure how everyone missed this news, but Gurley signed a contract, passed his physical, and made it to the practice field in time for a few reps.

[spoiler] @Joe Bryant any chance we'll get the spoiler tags fixed in 2021?

everyone else - this was    :sarcasm:[/spoiler]

  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...