What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

De'anthony Thomas (1 Viewer)

3quinox

Footballguy
It's very quiet on him. Saw him tear OSU apart for years in person in track and football, kid is fast. What type of production do you see from him? It'll vary league to league especially those that count return yards. Will he be Dexter on steroids?

Pretty much a total non-factor except return yardage. All he is is a return guy. He won't be running the ball. That's Charles job and then Davis. His best chance is catching some passes. Of course, that is Charles job also.

He could move into a dexter mccluster role but I doubt much more. The spread made him look good at Oregon. Not a NFL RB, but an NFL Gadget Back which doesn't really translate to the Fantasy Football. Case in point LaMichael James, he looked unstoppable at Oregon, NFL not so much.

I hope he does something also because he was fun to watch at U of O.

Just checking in De'anthony Thomas in advance of MNF. Any chance he plays?

In the preseason De'anthony Thomas looked pretty good I thought. And Joe McKnight might have been filling his role with that big game last week.

With Kelce, Charles/Davis, plus Thomas/McKnight, there are enough pieces to move the ball in the dink and dunk west-coast offense, sort of a triangle offense, and the defense still seems to be able to keep games close. Maybe just a placeholder for MNF.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like hes practicing. There's a decent chance he plays but week 6 is the bye week, I wonder if they will sit him out until then. Joe McKnight is now out for the season with a ruptured achilles too.

sounds like hes practicing. There's a decent chance he plays but week 6 is the bye week, I wonder if they will sit him out until then. Joe McKnight is now out for the season with a ruptured achilles too.
Wow what a brief and glorious return for McKnight. All done now, oh well.

Anyone got any thoughts on this guy? Very productive on limited touches but small sample size.

I got to watch him in a couple of games this year, it seemed like every time he touched the ball the speed of the game picked up. 11 first downs on 37 touches, which is a silly stat, but it just goes to show that when he touches the ball he turns it into production. Most of the plays seemed to be designed for him though - not sure if that's a good sign or bad sign.

He's 5'8", 180lbs - but plays much bigger than that. Seldom goes down at initial contact like you would expect by looking at his size. If you look at this play from the preseason, while he's fielding a punt he gets hit by his own guy & defender, bounces off and takes off: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000375250/Pre-WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Black-Mamba-strikes

NFL highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLWyHpkkPBw

Right now KC is mostly using him as a punt/kick returner - and he was top 5 by most metrics there (only 14 kick returns, but 30 yard average). Missed 4 games last season with a hamstring injury, I think I remember some ankle injuries in college.

Odd sequence has unfolded with Thomas:

November 22 - Suffers pretty nasty concussion

December 16 - Reid says Thomas is day-to-day, could be back by the end of the week

December 23 - Returns to practice and puts in full week with team

December 25 - Listed as "probable" by KC for their game against Cleveland

December 26 - Ruled out for game against Cleveland, Chiefs say it's not injury-related

December 31 - Chiefs place him on NFI, ending his season

Has a lot of people speculating that he's considering retirement after the concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread