What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malaysian plane shot down in Ukraine. (1 Viewer)

Hearing reports that the rebels have secured the black box from the plane. There goes any chance of assuring it isn't tampered with or destroyed.

They were saying on the news last night that at this moment in time, there is more conflict in the world than at any time since WWII. This stuff today is crazy.
I thought Obama was bringing "tranquility" to the "global community"?
Is it possible to have a single thread discussing world events in which we don't start attacking Obama? Just one?
I am just happy you have not found a way to drag the tea party into this.
:lmao:

Screenshot of rebel leader claiming to have shot down another AN-26 transport plane. Note that the pictures at the bottom are directly from MH17 crash footage. The post has since been deleted.

Rough translation from Reddit comments:

AN-26 airplane was shot down near Torez, it fell somewhere behind the mine "Progress".

We warned - do not fly in "our sky".

And here is the video proof of another "bird-fall" (bird = slang for an airplane).

Another bird fell behind the spoil tip, residential areas were not affected.

No civilians were harmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh by the way Russia announces it is renewing military and intelligence ties with Cuba, and they're forgiving their debt.

They're even reopening an old spying/satellite base.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/world/cuba-russia-listening-post/index.html

Carry on.
Let's bomb Cuba. OOOORAAAAH
Don't do this.
Do what?
Force a new remake of Red Dawn where it has to go back to being about Russians and Cubans.

Screenshot of rebel leader claiming to have shot down another AN-26 transport plane. Note that the pictures at the bottom are directly from MH17 crash footage. The post has since been deleted.

Rough translation from Reddit comments:

AN-26 airplane was shot down near Torez, it fell somewhere behind the mine "Progress".

We warned - do not fly in "our sky".

And here is the video proof of another "bird-fall" (bird = slang for an airplane).

Another bird fell behind the spoil tip, residential areas were not affected.

No civilians were harmed.
Another? As in not this Malaysian plane, and not the plane shot down in this area a day or two ago? As in a 3rd plane?!

Porkchop Express said:
A lot of the bodies on of the bodies on the ground are pretty intact so they are guessing the plane tried to make a controlled landing.
Huh? They likely fell from the sky as the plane broke apart. They said some of the debris was in a 7 mile area from the crash site.

Porkchop Express said:
A lot of the bodies on of the bodies on the ground are pretty intact so they are guessing the plane tried to make a controlled landing.
Uhh... what? There have been many times where airplanes have disintegrated at high altitude and bodies landed relatively intact.

I've long sine realized that I don't have to proofread before submitting my post. Eventually some smartass around here will point them out to me.

Rebels in damage control mode. Donetsk People's Republic twitter posted on Jun 26th that they had BUK AA systems and linked a picture. Both the tweet and the picture have been deleted today, but Google cache knows the truth.
Can't they request that Google "forget" it as to not damage their reputation?
maybe some IRS execs can help
I'm serious. Didn't the EU just pass that law saying if requested, it had to be removed?

Rebels in damage control mode. Donetsk People's Republic twitter posted on Jun 26th that they had BUK AA systems and linked a picture. Both the tweet and the picture have been deleted today, but Google cache knows the truth.
Can't they request that Google "forget" it as to not damage their reputation?
maybe some IRS execs can help
I'm serious. Didn't the EU just pass that law saying if requested, it had to be removed?
"if requested"

Bucky86 said:
Is this more likely if it was hit by a missile? Would it not immediately blow up?
A lot of things people expect to smoke/burn/explode spectacularly don't in fact, do so.

Porkchop Express said:
I guess "they" haven't seen the crash video of it going straight down yet?

Porkchop Express said:
Uhh... what? There have been many times where airplanes have disintegrated at high altitude and bodies landed relatively intact.
Just going by whats been reported,

"After strewing debris over an area of several miles, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 came to a rest in a large wheat field dotted with with purple flowers and ringed in Queen Anne’s lace. Incongruously, many of the bodies strewn about in the smoldering wreckage were largely intact, indicating that the plane had made at least a somewhat controlled landing."

http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/latest-updates-on-malaysia-airlines-plane-crash-in-ukraine/#stavernise-from-the-scene

Well at least CNN won't have to use the "black hole" theory this time around...............................will they?

Porkchop Express said:
Just going by whats been reported,

"After strewing debris over an area of several miles, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 came to a rest in a large wheat field dotted with with purple flowers and ringed in Queen Anne’s lace. Incongruously, many of the bodies strewn about in the smoldering wreckage were largely intact, indicating that the plane had made at least a somewhat controlled landing."

http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/latest-updates-on-malaysia-airlines-plane-crash-in-ukraine/#stavernise-from-the-scene
The person that thinks that jet tried to make a controlled landing is not very bright.

This is also in the link you provided

"Locals say everything exploded in the air, fell in pieces, both bodies and plane itself. Ppl thought they were being bombed"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread