What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
This may be inapprropriate to post here(but it might help me keep my sanity)

A couple weeks ago my wife found a lump in her left breast. She did the right thing and contacted her Dr’s right away. After the initial consultation we moved onto a complete mammogram as well as an ultra sound.

The results were inconclusive other than determining that yes, she does in fact have 2 small masses in her left breast. Both are small, less than 1cm, which they tell us, is a good sign.

Just yesterday we had them perform a biopsy.

We will know the results in a couple hours.

I can’t tell you how scared I am….and have to believe that my wife is near breakdown

At this point it may be nothing, but it could very well be a very big thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck man. Hopefully its just precautionary. I know Id be a mess too and my wife would be hysterical.

GL. My mom is a survivor and my wife had a benign cyst removed. Early detection is key. Stay positive.

I'm going with a fatty lump, which is benign and all will be well. Stay strong, buddy. Keeping you and your wife in my thoughts today.

Most of the time it is nothing. Even if it is something, 1 in 6 women get breast cancer and the prognosis is very good if found in the first couple of stages (93% survival rate even for Stage II). You are not alone and it is not as bad as it used to be.

My mother had it and is cancer free and my best friend's wife is just finishing her first month of chemo.

BTW - for us guys, prostate cancer rates are the same for men (1 in 6 get it).

If she is "busty" then it's not uncommon to find small benign masses. Praying it will be benign.

I know exactly what you are going through. No matter what, be supportive and she will get through this as well as you.

This is just crazy

The wife works out, eats well, and really takes care of herself...........she's way to young(37) for this to happen

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, posiive thoughts.............

It's crazy

This is just crazy

The wife works out, eats well, and really takes care of herself...........she's way to young(37) for this to happen

It's crazy
It doesn't work like that unfortunately. Family history isn't really an indicator either these days. Hoping the best.

If breast cancer runs I. The family, 37 is not too young. Too young to die, perhaps, but that's prime age for breast cancer.

Yeah, it runs in my ex-wife's family.

This is just crazy

It's crazy
Life doesn't always make sense unfortunately. Many folks who get cancer haven't done anything to say this or that contributed to it. It's the most mysterious thing imo of all medical issues. Best wishes and looking forward to hearing it was a false alarm.

This is just crazy

It's crazy
Good luck, GB. I know it may be hard, but try not to get too worried about it before you know for sure. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Best wishes.

How did she find the lumps, was she checking herself regularly, or did she just happen upon them?

This is just crazy

It's crazy
Cancer can hit anyone, that's one of the scariest parts imo. Good luck Mrs. Wrigley.

Hope it turns out to be nothing serious. My sister is the same age and just went through a similar thing.

A lot of this is hereditary. Not anyone's "fault". You're in it together, and if detected early, prognosis is good. It sucks, but in the grand scheme of things, it isn't exactly the end of the world. All that said, I love you, especially for sharing this.

Damn hang in there and hopefully you caught it early enough. The good news is that there are more advanced treatments than ever before.

This may be inapprropriate to post here(but it might help me keep my sanity)

A couple weeks ago my wife found a lump in her left breast. She did the right thing and contacted her Dr’s right away. After the initial consultation we moved onto a complete mammogram as well as an ultra sound.

The results were inconclusive other than determining that yes, she does in fact have 2 small masses in her left breast. Both are small, less than 1cm, which they tell us, is a good sign.

Just yesterday we had them perform a biopsy.

We will know the results in a couple hours.

I can’t tell you how scared I am….and have to believe that my wife is near breakdown

At this point it may be nothing, but it could very well be a very big thing.
It's unbelievably scary, but even at the worst you have some great things going for you:

She clearly has a support system to get through this (you); and

1 cm is very small. It's an early catch. They don't even necessarily recommend radiation for patients getting a <1cm malignant tumor removed.

You're in a good spot, even if it's a bad version of a good spot. And you don't even have bad news, yet. Stay strong for her and yourself. Hope it's good news.

Users who are viewing this thread