What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (1 Viewer)

i wish your wife and you and your family the best and i hope that you beat it quickly and fully

Thank you all for the very kind words..........I truly appreciate it.

Our Dr’s have all been extremely positive through this whole ordeal…..which seems like it started months ago, when in reality just started last week

They are also being very aggressive with this. Wife has already been in contact with a coordinator to help streamline the process.

We are moving forward even without the complete biopsy results in. We will know much more this weekend.

It’s looking more and more likely that we’re going with a double mastectomy, with full reconstruction within the next two weeks. We feel it’s best to get rid of all tissue that could become cancerous in the future (she doesn’t want to go through this again)

So at least we’re going to get some new bewbs out of this :)

The funny thing is I used to tell my wife I didn’t marry her for her looks or her mind, but for her strength…………This past week hasn’t changed a thing.

Thanks again everybody……..We’ll be just fine, we have way too much to live for.
Friends just went through this - draining, but apparently was the right decision. Good luck to you two.

Very sorry to hear. Sounds like you are doing the right things. I wish you both the best.

Our Dr’s have all been extremely positive through this whole ordeal…..which seems like it started months ago, when in reality just started last week

They are also being very aggressive with this. Wife has already been in contact with a coordinator to help streamline the process.

We are moving forward even without the complete biopsy results in. We will know much more this weekend.

It’s looking more and more likely that we’re going with a double mastectomy, with full reconstruction within the next two weeks. We feel it’s best to get rid of all tissue that could become cancerous in the future (she doesn’t want to go through this again)

The funny thing is I used to tell my wife I didn’t marry her for her looks or her mind, but for her strength…………This past week hasn’t changed a thing.

Please, please rethink this. Unless your wife has been tested and found to have the BRCA1 or 2 gene, this is a huge overreaction. That surgery is not minor, and there are a lot of side effects that are not pleasant. Losing lymph nodes is no joke. Take a couple of weeks, and consult some other doctors. Check out MD Anderson's site or your local treament site for info. Please take some time here. When you are this scared is a really bad way to make such a major decision.

I'm guessing you are in the Chicago area. Try Northwestern. They have an excellent reputation.

Good luck. Please let us know how you are both doing.

Please, please rethink this. Unless your wife has been tested and found to have the BRCA1 or 2 gene, this is a huge overreaction. That surgery is not minor, and there are a lot of side effects that are not pleasant. Losing lymph nodes is no joke. Take a couple of weeks, and consult some other doctors. Check out MD Anderson's site or your local treament site for info. Please take some time here. When you are this scared is a really bad way to make such a major decision.

I'm guessing you are in the Chicago area. Try Northwestern. They have an excellent reputation.

Good luck. Please let us know how you are both doing.
If I've learned anything through watching my mom go through cancer and her just bull dozing through it is... get a second/third opinion before making any big decisions.

Wish you and your wife all the luck.... Your wife sounds like a fighter - mindset is giant piece of the puzzle in the battle with this POS disease.

Thinking of you and your wife, Wrigley. You'll rally. It's smart that she had it checked out right away. Guys could learn a lesson from this quick action rather than waiting in fear before going to the Dr.

Bi-lateral mastectomy scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

MRI, BRCA1, BRCA2 have all come back clean……and a huge relief.

The growth is a little larger than they originally believed, and kind of moot, as we’re having everything removed. They will biopsy her first lymph nodes to make sure nothing has traveled beyond her breasts(MRI didn’t show anything) And then she’ll have her new bewbs added on, and get this: they will be expandable. We’re looking at a very long scary day tomorrow.

Give the one you love an extra hug tonight, and tell your gf's/wives to get checked out

My little sister is awaiting the results of her PET scan today. She called the nurse told her the Doc wants to speak to her personally. That can't be good. She's already had cancer once and appears to be facing it down again at the ripe old age of 25. Poor kid has been sick her whole life. Liver transplant when the was 10. Home schooled because of illness her teens. Finally pushes her way through high school into college with no social life whatsoever and now she's basically a captive in her own home. Mom is looking really old taking care of her. Never had a boyfriend. I don't think she'll ever have kids.

Not to highjack your thread Wrigley. Good luck to you and yours. Just kind of came out here.

The growth is a little larger than they originally believed, and kind of moot, as we’re having everything removed. They will biopsy her first lymph nodes to make sure nothing has traveled beyond her breasts(MRI didn’t show anything) And then she’ll have her new bewbs added on, and get this: they will be expandable. We’re looking at a very long scary day tomorrow.

Give the one you love an extra hug tonight, and tell your gf's/wives to get checked out
Good luck to the misses Wrigley. TPW to you both.

Try to hang in there GB. You both will be on my mind.

Glad the BRCA1 & BRCA2 came back clean. I don't know if you have daughters (or sons) but this is a relief.

Tomorrow will be tough, as will the weeks that follow. You'll be draining a lot surgical drains and she'll get cabin fever binge watching a bunch of shows on Netflix. Try to keep hers and your spirits up.

Are they able to save the nipples or will they be removing those? Will she get those reconstructed/tattooed or go with some other ornamentation there?

Glad the BRCA1 & BRCA2 came back clean. I don't know if you have daughters (or sons) but this is a relief.

Tomorrow will be tough, as will the weeks that follow. You'll be draining a lot surgical drains and she'll get cabin fever binge watching a bunch of shows on Netflix. Try to keep hers and your spirits up.

Are they able to save the nipples or will they be removing those? Will she get those reconstructed/tattooed or go with some other ornamentation there?
saved, although she'll have no feeling in them......so I guess I'll be able to squeeze them as hard as I want now.

saved, although she'll have no feeling in them......so I guess I'll be able to squeeze them as hard as I want now.
It does take a little of the fun out of them when they lose their feeling. Nice that they are saving your wife's. They had to take Mrs. Boxers, so she's got some pretty nicely reconstructed ones with the nipple tattoo. Pretty realistic.

Try to hang in there GB. You both will be on my mind.
This. Stay strong, amigo.

Good luck mrs. wrigley.

Thoughts and prayers to both of you for tomorrow.

Hang tough; long road ahead but slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck with this...had a cousin (a year older than me) go through this a few years ago in her mid 30s (twice...first time just did a "partial" 2nd time went in and took out both).

She has been cancer free for about 5 years now.

My mother is now 7 years cancer free after beating it.

Wishing for the best for you and your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread