What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (1 Viewer)

I will think of your wife's breasts tonight at prayer time.

Joking aside, best of luck to you both.

Good luck Wrigley. Thoughts and prayers to you both.

Also, thoughts and prayers to Sabertooth-Sister too. Sounds like a rough road ahead for her again.

I'm very sorry about your wife. My wife had an aneurysm an 4 strokes 6 months ago. My bit of advice for you is this: you are her champion, her hero. You are her best advocate. Learn as much as you can about the disease and treatments. Challenge dr's and ask a lot of questions. If you don't understand the answers tell them to explain them again and again if necessary. This is no time to be nice though that doesn't mean you need to be a dink. However if you must be a dink to get what you need then be one. Also remember this: You can fire any of her caregivers. I fired two of my wife's. This is serious chit, it's no time to be nicey nicey. Remember these words: Patient advocate, and complaining to the state dept of health. Hospitals respond well to these. if things are going badly use them. The other thing is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It's an old saying but true. Handle your chit. Your wife's life is on the line. If something is going on that you don't get, ask wtf is going on.

One other thing. Chemo can screw with your appite, she may not want to eat because food tastes awful. If this is the case search on amazon for magic fruit. It will make everything she eats taste way better. I've wanted to start a thread on this stuff but haven't had the time.

Good luck and I will pray for your wife and as importantly you tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting in nuclear med right now. They have injected her with a dye to help locate her lymph nodes while in surgery

I'm crapping my pants on the inside.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It is very much appreciated

First surgery complete, and a huge success. Lymph nodes came back negative for cancer. Moving onto reconstruction So another 3 hours of surgery and we'll get to see her.

:releaved:
Breast case scenario!! Seriously awesome news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been spending a lot of time over here, so I've missed this until today.

Glad to hear everything's looking as good as it is. Cousin (younger than your wife) just went through it and it was hell, but she came out on the other side stronger than ever.

I have no doubt that Mrs Wrigs will do the same.

Good luck rest of the way and F cancer

Great to hear the lymph nodes are clear. That is huge. Praying for success on the rest of the surgery and a speedy recovery.

Great news that the lymph nodes were clear. I wish your wife's breasts nothing but the best.

Is she getting a set of DD's as a replacement?

Found this thread right around the time that you should have been able to see your wife. Didn't want to jinx what appeared to be going ....

Anyway, hope yesterday afternoon's reasons for optimism continue.

hey man i just wanted to pop back in here and say great news on the first procedure and i hope that the good news keeps on coming in best of luck to your wife and you and your family

Users who are viewing this thread