What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (3 Viewers)

I'm not starting any of them this week (though I traded out of West I have Crowell and West once each).

Too much uncertainty on the split.
i've got him in 2 of my 3 leagues and not starting him either. but i expect him to be a regular in my lineup before too long.

Regardless of West I think if Tate is out, Crowell sees 16-18 touches.
Why? He's had no more than 12 this season. Again, why the sudden change?
He was running ahead of West the last couple practices.
The last couple? 2? 3? 4? Link?
Link and article are in this thread. Scroll up and do your own research instead of belittling others.
The "Wednesday report" was already debunked. I was looking for something more definitive than the nebulous comments folks keep referring to.Thanks for the snarky response to a serious question.

Regardless of West I think if Tate is out, Crowell sees 16-18 touches.
Why? He's had no more than 12 this season. Again, why the sudden change?
He was running ahead of West the last couple practices.
The last couple? 2? 3? 4? Link?
At least one http://breakingfootball.com/isaiah-crowell-working-ahead-of-terrance-west/http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9401/isaiah-crowell
Thanks for the links. I've already seen these - nothing definitive. But I appreciate the serious reply.

I may start Crowell over Tate.
I have been debating this all week and now its put up time. Going with the Crow over Tate. Bottom line... I just don't trust Tate and figure worst case, they probably try to avoid excess wear on Tate in first game back so expect Crowell to get the GL carries plus about 10 carries at minimum. I need to watch Tate a week before I can truly trust him!

@adamlevitan: Glazer on FOX: Says he spoke to Browns coach Pettine this morning. Ben Tate will start, but team will monitor his touches.

I'm starting Cro. Don't care

Im perplexed as to why people were starting crowell this week with tate back...you gotta at least bench him this week to see how it shakes out.

Im perplexed as to why people were starting crowell this week with tate back...you gotta at least bench him this week to see how it shakes out.
It really made no sense. He's got less touches than both Tate and West. I guess he could get a TD at some point and save the day.

Agreed.

Which is why I posted this morning that I wasn't starting him.

Of course, it was either Crowell or Calvin Johnson so maybe I should have started Crowell. :shrug:

they all looked good today.

Crowell still looks more explosive to my eyes, and i believe he'll be the starter eventually.

but i play dynasty, so I'm not going to over react every time Tate has a good game.

Crow is only going to be startable in fantasy if tate gets injured again or sucks. So he's basically a bench stash now.

Remember a couple of things...Crowell has the most talent of all the Cle RBs and will be the starter for them next season. He is going to have a role for them this year but not so great for FF trying to figure it out. It also was not crazy to not trust an often injured RB who couldn't make it through the first 2 quarters of the opener and said he was still questionable this week and was worried about his knee swelling up with a knee brace on as well for the first time. I don't regret rolling with Crowell over him and now we know Tate is capable to stay upright for a game...that is until we all come back to him to stick him in the lineup and watch him head to the sidelines with yet another injury. Crowell seemed to be playing in their 2 min package at the end of the half. Tate is the man though if healthy for the Browns this season.

Remember a couple of things...Crowell has the most talent of all the Cle RBs and will be the starter for them next season. He is going to have a role for them this year but not so great for FF trying to figure it out. It also was not crazy to not trust an often injured RB who couldn't make it through the first 2 quarters of the opener and said he was still questionable this week and was worried about his knee swelling up with a knee brace on as well for the first time. I don't regret rolling with Crowell over him and now we know Tate is capable to stay upright for a game...that is until we all come back to him to stick him in the lineup and watch him head to the sidelines with yet another injury. Crowell seemed to be playing in their 2 min package at the end of the half. Tate is the man though if healthy for the Browns this season.
I dont think thats a definitive statement by any means.

Agreed. Although he's been injury prone thus far in his career, Tate is not without talent. I like Crowell, but people seemed a bit too hasty to throw dirt on Tate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one was surprised that Tate got so many carries and Crowell got next to nothing. As a Crowell owner it definitely forces to reassess the situation.

Tate had the fresher legs, yeah I know they had a bye but Tate's been sitting since week one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a mix vs Pittsburgh, all hands on deck in the must win game.

I for one was surprised that Tate got so many carries and Crowell got next to nothing. As a Crowell owner it definitely forces to reassess the situation.
tate got a lot of carries bc he was very successful. he was shifty, explosive, and powerful. ppl itt act like hes a scrub and crowell is a better talent but they are wrong. tate has a ton of talent.

tate got a lot of carries bc he was very successful. he was shifty, explosive, and powerful. ppl itt act like hes a scrub and crowell is a better talent but they are wrong. tate has a ton of talent.
All true, and Tate was In a groove, no need to fix that.

Crowell has shown success vs Pittsburgh, as did West.

If you own any of these three, all might be startable vs Pittsburgh.

I'm a West owner, and rolling him out there.

Agreed. Although he's been injury prone thus far in his career, Tate is not without talent. I like Crowell, but people seemed a bit too hasty to throw dirt on Tate.
And West

And West
Cmon sprout, this is a Crowell thread. Can't you tell by page 10 that nobody is encouraged to say anything positive, or frankly even fair and balanced, about West in here?

I wonder how many teams will lose because they bought the Crowell hype?
Maybe a few. I'm looking at him as more of a long term option. One week is one week. I love how short sighted people such as you are. I wonder how many people are losing because they've been playing Calvin Johnson or Lesean McCoy...they must be garbage.

The season still has a lot left, I'll need to see a few successful (and healthy) weeks of Tate ripping it up and down the field before Crowell goes back to the WW. I guess if you have space, hold for now unless you need an immediate RB1/2 like Williams or Oliver.

I thought the hype on Crowell was he'll be an rb1 when Tate goes down. How come everyone is jumping #### after one game?

I thought the hype on Crowell was he'll be an rb1 when Tate goes down. How come everyone is jumping #### after one game?
Could not agree more. Not sure why anyone thought he would flat out take the starting gig from Tate.

I thought this was purely a play on the fact that Tate can't stay healthy. Not that Tate isn't a talented enought starting RB in the nfl.

Probably a combination of Tate looking so good & West with the more productive day vs. the Titans.

Personally I find it difficult to keep a guy like him with a 5-6 man bench through bye weeks. Particularly when it's not cut and dry of the backup & RB3 there. (And add it in the likelihood again that West/Crowell split work in a Tate absence)

IMO With that line, whomever is running there is going to be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread