What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

It's funny west fumbles at the gl but gets the next series.

Crow fumbles and he's done for the night
west scored a TD. Crowell held the ball like a loaf of bread. And neither fumbled. And who said crowell is done? And if he is i dont blame the coaches given the lead and his history of fumbles and the way he held the ball.

You can just tell the difference when they carry the rock. Crowell looks like he's shot out of a cannon, LOL. He might've been that close to taking the job tonight. They were giving him touches on back-to-back series.

It looks like they want to make Crow the feature back sooner rather than later. You know it's going to happen, but as the UDFA, he can't have any muffs, even if it wasn't a fumble. With that OL & Crow's ability, we're talking about what could be the top RB in FF next season. It wouldn't surprise me.

I think West is a pretty good prospect, but he just doesn't have the exceleration & power of Crowell. It's evident on film, IMO. I think the Browns see it, too. In fact, I think most everyone sees it. Crowell simply has special ability.

Really, it's the only explanation as to why they're allowing a UDFA to essentially split carries with Tate & West. In fact, I think he was a hair from taking the job tonight. Crow can't have any muffs, though. They're making him earn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
West and Crow would make for a solid 1-2 punch.
they really do, except tate is still the 3rd down back and has been in on all passing downs. im afraid as soon as they get down by two scores in a game it will be the unimpressive tate show again with west and crowell manning the gatorade station.

I dunno. I thought west looked better tonight
Same. And I continue to roster Crowell (in redraft no less).
Agreed. West has looked best. I haven't rostered any of these guys, though. They don't look all that different to me in reality.
I think Crowell looks much better. Really no different than what's been taking place all year. Nothing against West, but he simply doesn't have the raw talent of Crowell. There's a distinct difference in their ability.

I think West is a pretty good prospect, but he just doesn't have the exceleration & power of Crowell. It's evident on film, IMO. I think the Browns see it, too. In fact, I think most everyone sees it. Crowell simply has special ability.

Really, it's the only explanation as to why they're allowing a UDFA to essentially split carries with Tate & West. In fact, I think he was a hair from taking the job tonight. Crow can't have any muffs, though. They're making him earn it.
The words of a Crowell owner.

LOL. I own Crowell in one dynasty league & West in another. I offered West for Crowell in the one league yesterday & it got rejected. I may try again next week, but I'm sure it'll get rejected again.

Anyway, I'm not sure why these types of threads get kinda hateful. Not talking about you, but just in general. Personally, I think it's clearly evident Crowell is the superior talent & I have absolutely no doubt he'll eventually be their feature back, but we all have our opinions. It wouldn't be fun if everyone thought the same. :)

LOL. I own Crowell in one dynasty league & West in another. I offered West for Crowell in the one league yesterday & it got rejected. I may try again next week, but I'm sure it'll get rejected again.

Anyway, I'm not sure why these types of threads get kinda hateful. Not talking about you, but just in general. Personally, I think it's clearly evident Crowell is the superior talent & I have absolutely no doubt he'll eventually be their feature back, but we all have our opinions. It wouldn't be fun if everyone thought the same. :)
He needs to carry the ball more securely, and pass block as well as West. When those two things happen consistently, he will be given the chance to let his superior athleticism shine through.

I'm a West owner and while he was good tonight, Crowell is the one that looks like he was shot out of a cannon when he cuts upfield.

He needs to carry the ball more securely, and pass block as well as West. When those two things happen consistently, he will be given the chance to let his superior athleticism shine through.
I pretty much agree. Put it this way, if Crowell was taken in the 3rd & West was the UDFA, this would be over.

However, the Browns see the obvious talent in Crowell. He very likely could've taken the job tonight, but didn't because of the muff (even if it wasn't a fumble). He's got to play pretty much with no errors (at least to win the job). After that, he'll have some room for a flub or two. Nobody is perfect forever, but they're going to make damn sure Crow earns it with them signing Tate as a FA & West being drafted in the 3rd.

I've said all along this could take awhile (I do believe he'll be their feature back by the start of next season, though). Patience is the key for Crow owners.

West - Crowell

Bloods - Crips

Democrats - Republicans

NSync- Backstreet Boys

Bugs Bunny - Mickey Mouse

Doesn't- Matter

Cleveland Coaches - Suck

They've had an ingenious Shanahan-esque plan of running back 3-card monty and in saving Crowell for the really important games, like this win over guys pretending to be the Cincinnati Bengals. The one playing "Dalton" even looked a heckuva lot like him.

I cut Crowell before the game tonight to pick up Trent Richardson.

Crowell has been right on the verge of, if not taking the job, at least ensuring himself a big part of it, and he has fumbled that momentum away each time. It's pretty frustrating for Crowell owners.

the narrative being perpetuated in this thread asserting that crowell was on the verge of wresting the lead role absent the near fumble is just so clearly false. and no, i dont own any of these clowns, im just stuck in cleveland.

It just comes down to raw ability. Crowell has rare talent. His raw running skills are dominating. The coaches aren't blind. His exceptional talent is the reason he's getting a chance to take the job as a UDFA from their FA signee & a 3rd round pick. I own both Crowell & West, but this isn't close.

I actually thought West would show a little better as a pro, but I wouldn't say he's a disappointment. He just doesn't have Crowell's ability. There's not much else to say. Crow will win this job, but it's anybody's guess as to when.

BTW, I don't think the coaches are holding Crow back. They're just making him earn it. Big difference. That's just the way it is in the NFL. The top FA signees & higher draft picks get the first crack in almost all situations. In the meantime, they can play the hot hand or however they want to do it. You can bet that coaching staff realizes what they have in Crowell, though.

It just comes down to raw ability. Crowell has rare talent. His raw running skills are dominating. The coaches aren't blind. His exceptional talent is the reason he's getting a chance to take the job as a UDFA from their FA signee & a 3rd round pick. I own both Crowell & West, but this isn't close.

I actually thought West would show a little better as a pro, but I wouldn't say he's a disappointment. He just doesn't have Crowell's ability. There's not much else to say. Crow will win this job, but it's anybody's guess as to when.

BTW, I don't think the coaches are holding Crow back. They're just making him earn it. Big difference. That's just the way it is in the NFL. The top FA signees & higher draft picks get the first crack in almost all situations. In the meantime, they can play the hot hand or however they want to do it. You can bet that coaching staff realizes what they have in Crowell, though.
Your post doesn't make any sense. He's a rare talent. He's an exceptional talent. His running skills are dominant. The coaches see this.

Yet he's 3rd string and they are making him earn it.

If he'd shown any of these things you keep saying, he'd have already earned it.

He's an UDFA rookie who shows flashes of some talent but can't get his fumbling under control right now. West is a draft pick so he will be given a lot more leash. Simple as that.

I have a hard time seeing where any one of these guys stands out above the others. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, but put their amalgams on the scale and they all seem to balance pretty closely.

What CLE is doing with them is working too. Why would the staff want to change unless that balance were to shift? And the coaching staff sure as hell isn't going to base that judgment on a single game against Bama a few years ago.

Ball control issues would certainly seem to be a scale tipper though - and it reared its ugly head again last night. Ds are going to start attacking the ball relentlessly when its in Crowell's hands. He'd better get his head around that and fix it or it could easily drop to a 2 man RBBC.

Straw that broke the camel's back last night. He may get some run late in blowouts if he's active, but injury withstanding he isn't going to get much run anytime soon.

Hang onto the ball, big man!

Two more ball security issues last night. He's never going to be able to handle a big load if he can't hang onto the ball.

Could have easily had two fumbles last night.

Straw that broke the camel's back last night. He may get some run late in blowouts if he's active, but injury withstanding he isn't going to get much run anytime soon.

Im not so sure about this. I can see him getting carries early in games but once they are protecting a lead in the 2nd half, he wont see the field. That game was a blowout.

Im not so sure about this. I can see him getting carries early in games but once they are protecting a lead in the 2nd half, he wont see the field. That game was a blowout.
Why would they give him touches early in the game if he can't be trusted to hang onto the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread