Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dion Lewis was released today, which likely means Crowell will be the #3 RB behind Tate and West.

For those of us who believe Crowell is more talented than West, he just got a lot more interesting for both redraft and dynasty leagues.

If he behaves himself, he's going to get a chance this year. Big if, of course.

Silent G also cut.

He becomes an intriguing option now. Let's hope with what has gone down with Gordon in Cleveland, that he takes advantage of the support group there and realizes what he has to lose if he messes up again.

Yep.

With both RB Dion Lewis AND RB Chris Obgannayo being released it means not only has RB Isaiah Crowell made the squad but now the Browns lack a true 3rd down running back. Not sure of Crowell's mitts but he 'could' immediately slide into that role but as of now he's the third running back.

With Tate as the starter and T-West as the current #2 RB he isn't the first guy to come off the bench but his prospects got much brighter today than they were only a few hours ago. :cool:

I thought West was viewed ad the 3rd down guy?

Not originally but considering the Browns cut the two guys who 'were' considered true third down backs I guess he would be the prime candidate to take over that role. Also FB Marquise Gray is 'still' in the picture at the moment. He isn't a good lead blocker but the team loves his athleticism and he can catch the ball, err when he's not dropping or fumbling it.

The team moved-up to draft Terrance West and he's split first team reps with RB Ben Tate and was in 'contention' for the starting gig but Tate has that hands down right now.

Crowell is definitely in the picture now folks. Not to start but he should get his shot at some point this year.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Ravens that had a murderer for his entire tenure? 

totally coulda got him at 5.01, noob

God, I forgot how much of a ####-measuring contest the Shark Pool can be.  Thanks for reminding me, guys.  See you in another year.

Rotoworld:

Isaiah Crowell - RB - Browns

UDFA RB Isaiah Crowell made the Browns' 53-man roster.

Crowell isn't your average UDFA as he was a five-star high school recruit for Georgia that ended his NCAA career at Alabama State due to off-field issues. The Browns saw enough during preseason to let both Dion Lewis and Chris Ogbonnaya go, installing Crowell as the No. 3 back. With Terrance West struggling and the Browns projecting as one of the league's most run-heavy teams, we would not rule out an impact this year.

Source: ESPN Cleveland

Aug 31 - 9:40 AM

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=36791

A lot of the Crowell detractors gonna change their tune after tonight.

Crowell > West easily. Before the draft and now.

If you think anyone is changing their mind because of a few 4th quarter runs in the most meaningless of all NFL football games your out of your mind. What's meaningful is that Crowell didn't even get into this game until the second half.

The people who actually believed Terrance West was more talented than Crowell is out of their mind.

The fact that West has looked pitiful throughout the pre-season while getting so many opportunities and Crowell did so much more on so little is meaningful.

Yes. We should ignore that West was getting first team reps and that Crowell did absolutely nothing all preseason until he tore it up in the second half of the week 4 PS game. And that Crowell was so amazing against a bunch of guys who will either be looking for work next week or will be getting NFL time almost exclusively composed of some ST work truly shows his incredible greatness.

Good call.

Yes because Xue thinks he more talented.

Actually, I kind of hope people keep this hype train rolling.

A lot of of us believed Crowell was the better player. I was even more convinced after seeing West be handed the #2 role. The only thing that could have changed my mind was seeing Crowell struggle on the field. Last night wasn't a struggle. I was prepared to hold even if he had not played one snap. It probably doesn't change the pecking order at all considering it was against mostly scrubs.

However, it does strengthen the position of us Crowell supporters. If he is given the opportunity, I believe he will bypass West and vie for the lead role.

He's got to bypass both Lewis and West.

Mission complete IMO. That depth chart is written in pencil.

Shanahan already brought in Grossman, his Dad had a lot of praise for Chris Thompson and they always kept Royster around, both of them are on the market. If they do go after one of them I don't anticipate it would be to cut Crowell but it would hurt the hopes that he would get any PT this year.

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Pettine confirmed Isaiah Crowell was not in the Week 1 game plan.

Crowell ended up with five carries for 32 yards and two touchdowns after Ben Tate went down with a knee injury. "It was going to be Tate and West," Pettine said. "To Crowell's credit, he prepared like the starter. He went in there and did his job." The Browns did not update Tate's status following the game, leaving this backfield murky for Week 2. Crowell will be the change-of-pace complement to West again if Tate ends up sitting.

Related: Isaiah Crowell, Terrance West

Source: ClevelandBrowns.com

Sep 7 - 9:23 PM

He was very impressive other than the one mis-communication with Hoyer on which direction the run was going. Hoyer went to hand off to the right, but Crowell went left...or vice versa, I don't remember exactly now. I was too busy yelling at the TV for what was an amazing game. I think Faust's post is pretty key. He was not even supposed to be part of the plan but he worked hard all week and was ready. Not the guy I'd be excited about tackling in the 4th quarter. Very pushing authoritative runner.

I know...I know this isnt TAC forum...but is this guy really worth a pickup other than a stopgap?

Team is in sig, anyone you'd rather have him than?

It's nothing more than a feeling, but I think Tate's injury is bad. Again, that's nothing more than a feeling.

Crowell could be studly. I think he's worth an add in any format even re-draft as a RB4-6 depending on how big your bench is.

While I think West has the trust of the coaching staff more right now due to things like pass blocking perhaps, again speculating. Everytime Crowell has been giving a chance he's shined.

I'd certainly rather have Crowell than Latimer.

I know...I know this isnt TAC forum...but is this guy really worth a pickup other than a stopgap?

Team is in sig, anyone you'd rather have him than?

So your asking How Bad some of us like Crowell? I will start by saying, I really wish I had posted that Id like too see as many FBG guys roster him as possible A stoudt Defense, w a good OLine Basically a capable QB, and ya got a true Baller.. fwiw there is also a Crowell vs. West post too (imho) It still appears West has a slight edge (But) ya cant keep a good man down!

I really wanna say Crowell over Gerhart, but I cant... I would suggest one of two options. First off assuming you only start 3 WR's, I would suspect ya could drop Gordon (susp) Or Id consider offering a trade to the Gore owner ie. Hyde n Gerhart for his C. Patterson?

p.s. Your liable to get some terrible answers (Go figure) but someone may actually respond about my BS too..

//Note It is kinda early to gut your team too. Im not sure I can help much, because Im not thrilled w the QB selection

West drafted in third, Crowell UDFA

Crowell reportedly on verge of being cut prior to 4th pre-season game

Crowell not in game plan for Week 1

West 15 touches, Crowell 5 touches after Tate went down

Things can always change, and TDs are relevant for sure, but everything so far suggests the Browns like West over Crowell.

Edited by wdcrob
  • Like 1

Things can always change, and TDs are relevant for sure, but everything so far suggests the Browns like West over Crowell.

I think sometimes too many people confuse how much an organization likes a player and what the depth chart is. It is quite clear that the present depth chart is Tate-West-Crowell. Now, if Tate has a serious injury both guys move up. I would expect West is first in line to get most of the carries but Crowell has shown enough that he will be used and if he continues to play well and if West struggles at all then things could change in a hurry.

There is reason to see some optimism for both West and Crowell but over the next few weeks I would rather have West than Crowell.

Lets not forget that Crowell was suffering from a hamstring injury! (during camp) Its hard to move up the Chain, w training wheels..

Lets not forget that Crowell was suffering from a hamstring injury! (during camp) Its hard to move up the Chain, w training wheels.

That and the fact that West is already rostered in most competitive leagues.
Both of these guys are and have been rostered in all me leagues since the draft. Not sure how either is on the WW.

Lets not forget that Crowell was suffering from a hamstring injury! (during camp) Its hard to move up the Chain, w training wheels.

Both of these guys are and have been rostered in all me leagues since the draft. Not sure how either is on the WW.

Not all of us play in 14+ team leagues with 30 roster spots.

Crowell was going at like RB 80 even in the competitive leagues. Total non-factor in everybody's mind heading into yesterday, revisionist history notwithstanding.

Any shark should have rostered him in the shallowest of leagues. I drafted him at 3.08 in a Rookie draft, 12 x 23 league. Guys like Ka'Deem Carey, Devonta Freeman, and Storm Johnson were taken before him. And that was back in May.

Edited by Xue

Any shark should have rostered him in the shallowest of leagues. I drafted him at 3.08 in a Rookie draft, 12 x 23 league. Guys like Ka'Deem Carey, Devonta Freeman, and Storm Johnson were taken before him. And that was back in May.

:rolleyes:

Crowell was going at like RB 80 even in the competitive leagues. Total non-factor in everybody's mind heading into yesterday, revisionist history notwithstanding.

Not everyone's. Just because you wrote him off doesn't mean we all did. For those in full dynasty leagues with moderate roster sizes he was on radars the entire time.

Not everyone's. Just because you wrote him off doesn't mean we all did. For those in full dynasty leagues with moderate roster sizes he was on radars the entire time.

After Crowell's Week 4 Exhibition game, he was squarely back on Dynasty radars.

didn't get to see the game but the local announcers are convinced this kid is the future.

Just curious how so more than West?
eye test i guess.

that comment was from preseason but it was reinforced after Sunday.

i still haven't seen the kid play, had to work Sunday.

Well no ####. The vast majority here plays in redraft or limited keeper leagues.

Well no ####. The vast majority here plays in redraft or limited keeper leagues.

83%?

I was just responding to the comment "afterthought in everyone's mind" since clearly that's not accurate.