What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (2 Viewers)

why do they not feed the Crow?

it's baffling.
I don't really see much difference in him and a West. I do find it funny how adamant many are on this though. The announcers during the game this Sunday kept preaching about how West was Clev best RB.

The general lack of info on Crow's injury leads me to believe it was just some rest days, because they know he has to carry a bigger load this week. I can't believe they would deactivate West, but stranger things have happened this year in this backfield.

I guess everyone will just have to watch Tony Grossi on twitter, he is usually spot on a few hours before the game.
I would agree if he practiced fully on Friday. Off middle week, practice Friday seems to be the larger NFL pattern for resting guys.I'm also worried by the Questionable tag. I think it shows Crowell and the staff possibly aren't on the same page. He's saying publicly he's ready to go while they're grouping him with their always-concussed tight end on the injury report.

Unfortunately, I think Bramel's write-up today is about as accurate as we can get. He probably plays but there is some decent risk of reduced workload/aggravation.

Anybody know how Crowell did playing through injuries in college?
Poorly. He was thought to be a wimp at UGA.
From what I heard, he had a dislocated elbow and still kicked the #### out of d-bags that called him a wimp at UGA.
LMAO! Yeah, right. :lmao:
No, I'm sure you're right.

He regularly gets blown up by guys that would make you cry just by looking at you sideways. But I'm sure he's a big ol' pansy by your standards.

Or your "sources" :rolleyes:
That was his reputation at UGA. Period. If you think he was unfairly thought of as a wimp, that is your prerogative. But it doesn't change what his reputation at UGA was, and that was what jtp asked for.

You can go on back to trolling now. There just aren't enough d##che canoes :stirspot: in the shark pool these days.

The difference is Stark. Crowell has much more explosion and better vision. His YPC just prove that point. I think the coaching staff so badly wants a tandem to show that their 3rd round pick is not a bust that they are doing it at their own peril. Kind of how they keep trotting out Hoyer when it's so obviously that Manziel needs the rock.

The difference is Stark. Crowell has much more explosion and better vision. His YPC just prove that point. I think the coaching staff so badly wants a tandem to show that their 3rd round pick is not a bust that they are doing it at their own peril. Kind of how they keep trotting out Hoyer when it's so obviously that Manziel needs the rock.
So there trotting out there 3rd round pick to prove he isn't a bust but starting hoyer a free agent pickup over their first round pick? That makes no sense

So there trotting out there 3rd round pick to prove he isn't a bust but starting hoyer a free agent pickup over their first round pick? That makes no sense
I know what he's saying as far as Hoyer-Manziel. They started with Hoyer. They want to fight it and keep starting the guy they started the season with rather than admit Hoyer is not the answer.

It's an epidemic across the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what he's saying as far as Hoyer-Manziel. They started with Hoyer. They want to fight it and keep starting the guy they started the season with rather than admit Hoyer is not the answer.

That's not it. They were trying to make the playoffs. They thought Hoyer gave them the best chance to do that. He played pretty well early on but the last few games have made it clear that now it's time to move on. And that's what they'll do.

That's not it. They were trying to make the playoffs. They thought Hoyer gave them the best chance to do that. He played pretty well early on but the last few games have made it clear that now it's time to move on. And that's what they'll do.
Yeah. The Browns need to commit to doing "whatever it takes to win right now". Too many good teams in the AFC and too few weeks remaining. They have to go with Manziel and see what happens. You'd think they'd also try to increase their chances by sending a bigger split of the carries to the RB with higher ypc...but we'll have to wait and see.

Ok, Johnny Football is now the starter. Does this open up the game for Crowell, or does Manziel kill Crowell's value by calling his own number at the goal line?

Ok, Johnny Football is now the starter. Does this open up the game for Crowell, or does Manziel kill Crowell's value by calling his own number at the goal line?
I would think that Manziel will run the play called at this point in his career. If he wings it and changes the play and it fails, he is right back on the bench.

The Browns offense has accounted for 24 points against non-Atlanta Falcons the last 4 weeks and Johnny has 7 of them. Even if Johnny steals some of Crow's red zone opp's his overall fantasy scoring potential can't be worse than it has been with Hoyer.

The Browns offense has accounted for 24 points against non-Atlanta Falcons the last 4 weeks and Johnny has 7 of them. Even if Johnny steals some of Crow's red zone opp's his overall fantasy scoring potential can't be worse than it has been with Hoyer.
Unless of course JF doesn't prove to be any better. We shall see.

Home game, probably a conservative game plan with Manziel starting against an in-state rival and playoffs on the line. I like those odds.

Who the hell is "Boom"?
Daniel Herron colts starting rb
I wish people around here would write actual names instead of whatever stupid nickname Chris Berman gave them.Is "Herron" really that much more difficult to type?
I wish people would stop telling others how to post
When someone says they are trying to decide between Crowell and "stupid nickname X" I would like to know if I am struggling with the same decision without having to cross reference the stupid nickname against all the players on my roster.

I guess I am the only one who doesn't like having to take time to cross reference stupid nicknames.

he's been called Boom since his days at Ohio State fwiw.

i don't think Berman had anything to do with it.

not that non OSU fans would know that.

I did not know that.

Good nickname just hate it in this specific context.

The only nickname I can think of that I actually hate in and of itself is "Megatron". It's a giant robot who always lost in the cartoon and got his ### handed to him by Shia LaBeouf in the movies...three times!

I did not know that.Good nickname just hate it in this specific context.

The only nickname I can think of that I actually hate in and of itself is "Megatron". It's a giant robot who always lost in the cartoon and got his ### handed to him by Shia LaBeouf in the movies...three times!
but dude looks just like Megatron. nothing you can do about it.

I guess I am the only one who doesn't like having to take time to cross reference stupid nicknames.
:goodposting: Don't get me started on last name only. WDIS: Brown or Johnson at flex? With nicknakes, I'm okay with them in places. As an example, I'm find with "Crow" in this here Isaiah Crowell thread. But, mostly, they're not very helpful, especially the ones that folks are trying to create. As far as the "Boom" Herron thing? I knew he was "Boom" Herron from the audible, just two weeks ago. As far as this Ohio State thing, totally over my head. I'm, guessing that is one of them there collegiate football squadrons or something. Whatever.

Girls girls...who the F cares about this? The guy isn't a fantasy football geek like some of us who knew of Herron back August. In my league he was drafted, believe it or not. Lucky for me I was able to claim him and now have a solid flex option.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE

/Lombardi

So up thread we talked about how with this being an in state division rival rook QB who likely doesn't have carte blanche on the playbook = conservative game plan.

Prediction on number of offensive plays?

Run/Pass/Sack ratio?

Crowell/Manziel/West distribution?

"I'm seeing 28-168-4 for the Crowe"

- SiouxFlyby

Anyone else?

I'm thinking:

42/22/2

18/14/10

Gordon goes 3-42 until a Tebowesque 78 yarder with 3:30

Twitterverse overload

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE

/Lombardi

So up thread we talked about how with this being an in state division rival rook QB who likely doesn't have carte blanche on the playbook = conservative game plan.

Prediction on number of offensive plays?

Run/Pass/Sack ratio?

Crowell/Manziel/West distribution?

"I'm seeing 28-168-4 for the Crowe"

- SiouxFlyby

Anyone else?

I'm thinking:

42/22/2

18/14/10

Gordon goes 3-42 until a Tebowesque 78 yarder with 3:30

Twitterverse overload
last game against cincy, west got 26 carries and crow got 12.

that of course with the "bad" andy showing up.

factor in they will probably have some rushes from johnny and I'm not sure they can get that many carries again.

sadly I could see a 15 carry for 60 yards and maybe a td for crow.

I

I did not know that.

Good nickname just hate it in this specific context.

WHen you areas dialed in as I am , Chaka, you automatically go to the nicknames. Can't help it.

But I don't stop at nicknames. I like to compress the first and last names, because I am so familiar with these guys, that that's what I call them when I am out playing Ultimate Frisbee with them.

Like my man BLayne said above, predicting stats for this game is tough. The Crow will still be splitting snaps with TDub,and JFF might steal some goalline snaps, but I gotta say I like the chances of Gordo catching some bombs, or even the Hawk catching some quick slants. Deciding between The Crow and ManSand as my flex.

Got to be some people still in the playoff run that have the Crow.....? This thread died right down.

Who is playing the Crow and what do you expect...?

It is going to be an interesting game to watch. Nobody really knows how this will turn out.

I'm rolling with him and hoping for a TD and 60.

I still can't help but feel cautious this week. West just isn't going away; who knows how Manziel will impact things? I am :wall: trying to decide between Crow & Jeremy Hill. I wonder if the fact Manziel is starting somewhat mitigates the Bengals being a sieve against the running game lately; e.g., 8 in the box (I have to believe that's what we'll see).

Got to be some people still in the playoff run that have the Crow.....? This thread died right down.

Who is playing the Crow and what do you expect...?

It is going to be an interesting game to watch. Nobody really knows how this will turn out.

I'm rolling with him and hoping for a TD and 60.
Struggling between Crowell, L.Miller and J.Stewart at my RB2.

Actually considering Crowell over Lacy and Miller.

I think there's a probability that he'll see a higher percentage of the carries this week since he's healthier than last week. If he gets 15+ carries, odds are great that he scores.

With Lacy reportedly splitting carries with a bruised him against a top run defense, and Miller's usage being so inconsistent, it feels like the right move. Sort of.

Choosing 2 between Crow, CJ0K and Asiata in the semis of one of my redraft leagues. Crow is actually the slam dunk of those 3 options.

Can you say "injury bug" and "hanging on by a thread"?

Choosing 2 between Crow, CJ0K and Asiata in the semis of one of my redraft leagues. Crow is actually the slam dunk of those 3 options.

Can you say "injury bug" and "hanging on by a thread"?
Dude.. You should not be having a problem deciding between those options.

Crow is far from a lock this week, but your other options are trash.

Benching Crowell and Herron for Latavius Murray. Outside of Bell's performance against Cincy, RB performance against them over the last 5 weeks is nothing exciting. Crowell is splitting carries 50/50. He could have a 14/80 1TD day but a 10/45 0TD is more likely. With Manziel playing, it is even more of an unknown. I hope he does well, though. Crowell's risk/reward is not as enticing as Murray this week.

Users who are viewing this thread