What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (3 Viewers)

Crowell won't hit 20 carries. That injury last week killed his momentum and gave West a chance to take a step out of the doghouse. As much as I'd love to see 2 TD day and 100 yds, it's pipe-dream. Only chance I see is West gets hurt or fumbles. I hope I'm wrong to make up

For the dump the Rams DST took for lineup on Thursday.

Sitting him for Hill; I likely fell for coach-speak (indicating Hill in line for bulk of touches). Like Bloom said, it's a coin-flip between these two

WHy do they always start west!? This is like Buffalo never giving Spiller the ball who is clearly more talented.

Hopefully same as last week and crow will come in soon.

WHy do they always start west!? This is like Buffalo never giving Spiller the ball who is clearly more talented.

Hopefully same as last week and crow will come in soon.
Yeah, Spiller isn't the more talented one. Speed<>more talent
Disagree. Spiller is much more talented. The last couple years they'd pull him after a few carries and never let him get into a rhythm. He was HUGE when Fjax was out. Much better then Fjax was when Spiller was out. Injuries and awful playcalling have hurt Spiller more then talent has.

Regardless, feed Crowell and get him going. He's done well with those full load opportunities. 7 Carries near the end of the 3rd isn't the way to do it. But hey, i guess the playcalling of getting Johnny to throw is much better.

What happened to the running lanes that starting Manziel would produce? The Bengals must have stacked the box, which makes perfect sense. F these experts who spew their wishful thinking and get our hopes up. Thank God I have Odell else I'd be cooked.

Put in Crow for Lacy when I heard about the potential split with Starks, then switched back at the last minute. :pickle:

Started Crow in another league over Jeremy Hill. :wall:

Is this guy even worth starting next week?
In my opinion, nope. Unless you're desperate.

I started him over Lacy today and almost lost because of it. He's on my bench next week in favor of Lamar Miller.

Between West getting carries and Manziel running AND sucking, way too much risk and not enough potential reward when the defense doesn't have to respect the passing game at all.

Is this guy even worth starting next week?
In my opinion, nope. Unless you're desperate.I started him over Lacy today and almost lost because of it. He's on my bench next week in favor of Lamar Miller.

Between West getting carries and Manziel running AND sucking, way too much risk and not enough potential reward when the defense doesn't have to respect the passing game at all.
My only other option is Toby Gerhart as my 3rd RB

what do people think of Crowell this week vs. Carolina? Is he still limited due to hip injury? Or chance for a bounceback even w/ Johny in there?

what do people think of Crowell this week vs. Carolina? Is he still limited due to hip injury? Or chance for a bounceback even w/ Johny in there?
Don't like him at all this week. West got carries first last week, so his work load is still uncertain. I also think the game is going to get away from them in the second half, so I don't think there will be a lot if carries. Desperation play this week IMO.

He's out of my flex spot and pierre thomas is in. .5 PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
In the finals and have no choice but to play him, only have Gio, Crowell and Hyde left as RBs the rest went down on IR. And we only allow 2 waiver wire pickups per year but have a deep bench

Tool said:
is crowell considered the starter today?
Don't think it matters. Should expect an even split.8-12 carries 50-70 yards is what I'd expect. If he manages to score it would be a decent day.

interesting stat on mike clay's espn article:

Following the departure of Ben Tate, the Browns managed just one carry within six yards of the opposing end zone. That lone haul went to Terrance West, which meant fellow rookie Isaiah Crowell was not given much of an opportunity to score. In fact, during the entire season, Crowell managed just three carries within six yards of paydirt. That makes his eight-score season that much more impressive. Crowell will continue to share the Cleveland backfield with West in 2015 and possibly beyond, but he's clearly the better talent here and is two years younger. A sure bet to see more goal-line work in run-heavy Cleveland as a sophomore, Crowell is an RB1 sleeper.

saintfool said:
Sabertooth said:
I think we are in for another camp battle between West and Crow. I like Crow to win that.
does it matter? pettine seems to coach by fiat game to game.
This Crow owner loves his ability but the rest of the team is not at a level to help him out. Manzier should not be allowed to see the field. Hoyer really fell apart last year from the previous year. No Gordon, In fact no starting WRs. Hawkins is a good little 3rd down guy, not a starter. OL is strong when Mack comes back but every team will be keying on the run because the passing game scares no one. Their best move is to suck and grab a franchise QB in the 2016 draft. There will be QBs better than anything this year.

In the 9 games in which Crowell ran the ball 10 times or more, he averaged 4.6ypc. This coupled with 6 TDs in those same games.

... Just something to think about.

Give the kid the rock, and profit. Also, keep in mind the majority of these games came with Mack out of the lineup...

I say this not to be mean and only my opinion:

No Quarterback

No wide receivers

No tight end

Will probably be behind in games

A coach that has shown even though 1 back may be better, he will continue to play the other guy.

No thanks.

In the 9 games in which Crowell ran the ball 10 times or more, he averaged 4.6ypc. This coupled with 6 TDs in those same games.

... Just something to think about.

Give the kid the rock, and profit. Also, keep in mind the majority of these games came with Mack out of the lineup...
Could you inform the Browns of your findings? Seems they are kinda stupid. I could really use the Crow this year.

I don't think anyone can predict. Just guess.
You mean predicting the future isn't real?

All you can do on anything FF is guess.
Pretty much lol. We can make educated guesses. But this situation is about as clear as mud. Did the coach play cutesy with the backs, did the backs screw up in practice and cause their own benchings? Nobody know why it was so scattershot. We will know a lot more about CroWest by October.

I don't think anyone can predict. Just guess.
You mean predicting the future isn't real?

All you can do on anything FF is guess.
Pretty much lol. We can make educated guesses. But this situation is about as clear as mud. Did the coach play cutesy with the backs, did the backs screw up in practice and cause their own benchings? Nobody know why it was so scattershot. We will know a lot more about CroWest by October.
After last year, I wouldn't be surprised if everything stays the same. An unpredictable timeshare with a coach that talks out of both sides of his mouth and doesn't play the superior runner. I actually don't really see a reason things will change.

Sitting him for Hill; I likely fell for coach-speak (indicating Hill in line for bulk of touches). Like Bloom said, it's a coin-flip between these two
Even in December the esteemed Sigmund Bloom was still undecided about these two players. This offseason Hill's value has skyrocketed while I've heard nary a peep about Crowell. Interesting. I really like Crowell as a dynasty target to be quite honest. I think he's exactly the kind of player you target. His value isn't anywhere near where Hill's is, but Cleveland is making strides. There will be no Josh Gordon circus this season, they have brought in some NFL journeyman (at least) QBs so Manziel is one step closer to the broadcast booth.

I don't see why they can't have production boosts here. The play right now is to get both Crowell and West before the draft and just let their value slowly trickly up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread