What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

I hear ya,, I just seen this on Twittah.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot ·

#Browns OC Flip said "it's a fine line' trying to figure out Duke Johnson's workload coming off hammy and concussion.
Sounds like Duke is gonna get 30 carries sunday
It's a fine line between 25 and 30 touches for Duke
:lol:
Forgot about the hamstring issue... 25-27 carries as a floor seems reasonable for Duke

Rotoworld:

Browns OC John DeFilippo sees "no reason" why RB Isaiah Crowell can't be a workhorse.

DeFillipo added that Crowell is in great shape and has shown improvement as a receiver this offseason. Crowell has more breathing room now that Terrance West is gone, and should soak up most of the carries in Sunday's opener against the Jets. Duke Johnson is expected to challenge Crowell for the starting job, but an injury-riddled preseason has put him behind schedule.

Related: Duke Johnson

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Sep 10 - 1:32 PM

CLE signed Turbin.
He is probably on par with West talent wise but injured?

Should be interesting
At least he actually runs downhill unlike Terrance "East to" West. I think he's an upgrade but Crow will have all the time in the world to cement himself before Turbin is ready to contribute (6-7 weeks?).

@IsaiahCrowell34: I'm thankful, and ready. I will do everything I can to not let my team (or your fantasy team) down http://t.co/fEqKnA1IaE#DawgPound #browns
Oh ####, now I have to go out of my way to trade for him in the lone league I let him slip by me.

Terrance "East to" West
:lmao:
While nicknames are always fun, I thought Crow had a worse rep for this than West. He had one of the highest % of runs for no gain or less, presumably because he danced and stretched plays when there was no need too. 25% IIRC. Ironically, he also broke a lot of big runs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrance "East to" West
While nicknames are always fun, I thought Crow had a worse rep for this than West. He had one of the highest % of runs for no gain or less, presumably because he danced and stretched plays when there was no need too. 25% IIRC.Ironically, he also broke a lot of big runs as well.
Yeah, you're right. I just found this which is a perfect visual representation of what you're talking about. I wish I could see what this heat map would like from just weeks 1-6 last year though.

SameSongNDance said:
jurb26 said:
cstu said:
Terrance "East to" West
While nicknames are always fun, I thought Crow had a worse rep for this than West. He had one of the highest % of runs for no gain or less, presumably because he danced and stretched plays when there was no need too. 25% IIRC.Ironically, he also broke a lot of big runs as well.
Yeah, you're right. I just found this which is a perfect visual representation of what you're talking about. I wish I could see what this heat map would like from just weeks 1-6 last year though.
There's also this.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/07/10/running-back-breakdown-run-lengths-part-2/

Jets defense has some injuries and suspensions, don't they? Is this a much better matchup than is being talked about?

REALLY glad all of the speculation has come to a halt. Right now, Crowell is the guy. All of the talk about Duke Johnson coming in and taking over three down duties were overblown IMO. If I get out ahead of that train, I expect the next thing people will say is CROW won't last. I say to that, what if he does? He has five star pedigree. Last year was his rookie season. Can't wait to see what my 3.12 selection will do with the lead job. Can't really be argued anymore. The job is his to lose. If that line blocks as well as I think it can, we might have a Jeremy Hill / Gio Bernard v.2 situation on our hands. No disrespect to Gio.

REALLY glad all of the speculation has come to a halt. Right now, Crowell is the guy. All of the talk about Duke Johnson coming in and taking over three down duties were overblown IMO. If I get out ahead of that train, I expect the next thing people will say is CROW won't last. I say to that, what if he does? He has five star pedigree. Last year was his rookie season. Can't wait to see what my 3.12 selection will do with the lead job. Can't really be argued anymore. The job is his to lose. If that line blocks as well as I think it can, we might have a Jeremy Hill / Gio Bernard v.2 situation on our hands. No disrespect to Gio.
While I like the crow love (and am starting him this week @ flex), go listen to the pettine interview. Duke will be involved, how much will depend a lot on what the crow does in the first few weeks.

18 - 90 - 1

#otishawkscreetch

While I like the crow love (and am starting him this week @ flex), go listen to the pettine interview. Duke will be involved, how much will depend a lot on what the crow does in the first few weeks.

18 - 90 - 1

#otishawkscreetch
i will be more than happy with that. my site projection has him for 8.6 points in ppr and he is my rb2 till foster comes back or dion lewis cements a role

REALLY glad all of the speculation has come to a halt. Right now, Crowell is the guy.
Really? Still plenty of speculation to go around. Crowell will be the guy if Duke gets hurt. Otherwise I think this is a split backfield with Duke getting a lot of passing down work and Crowell getting GL carries.

SameSongNDance said:
jurb26 said:
cstu said:
Terrance "East to" West
There's also this. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/07/10/running-back-breakdown-run-lengths-part-2/
Biggest takeaway from those links is damn, I wish I had Lamar Miller.

REALLY glad all of the speculation has come to a halt. Right now, Crowell is the guy.
Really? Still plenty of speculation to go around. Crowell will be the guy if Duke gets hurt. Otherwise I think this is a split backfield with Duke getting a lot of passing down work and Crowell getting GL carries.
Maybe eventually but Duke played exactly 5 snaps in the preseason and got a concussion on the last one.

SameSongNDance said:
jurb26 said:
cstu said:
Terrance "East to" West
There's also this.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/07/10/running-back-breakdown-run-lengths-part-2/
Biggest take away for me is how good Charles is. Everyone loves Knile Davis, but look at him vs. Charles there. Same team, complete opposite sides of the chart.

Maybe eventually but Duke played exactly 5 snaps in the preseason and got a concussion on the last one.
Still think he's going to play and play a lot

SameSongNDance said:
jurb26 said:
cstu said:
Terrance "East to" West
There's also this.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/07/10/running-back-breakdown-run-lengths-part-2/
Biggest take away for me is how good Charles is. Everyone loves Knile Davis, but look at him vs. Charles there. Same team, complete opposite sides of the chart.
I don't know if you can take those numbers at face value for all players due to situational usage. I think there's a decent chance that Davis's numbers are affected by the fact that he gets a lot of carries in the 4th quarter with a lead. In other words, he's used a lot to grind out the clock when the opponents know they are trying to grind out the clock and stack the run.

I couldn't easily find stats to confirm this, but 40% of Davis's carries in his career have come in the 4th quarter. Last year, 39% of his carries were in the 4th, and 63% came in the second half. His ypc is drastically lower in the 2nd half as well, but I didn't go through to see if this correlates to games where the Chiefs had a lead. Still, some decent preliminary support for the idea.

Still think he's going to play and play a lot
I really don't. We'll see though. If one can;t hold on to the ball, the other will get all the chances in the world

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG J. Manziel 5 35 0 14 J. McCown 3 23 0 13 D. Johnson 7 22 0 8 I. Crowell 12 20 0 8 S. Draughn 1 4 0 4

Under 2 ypc. w/ a long of 8. So much for the "dominant" O line so we'll run the ball scheme. Yea, on the road vs. a tough defense, and w/ the backup qb for most of the game. But that was about as bad of a game as he could have had considering it was his "opportunity".

Not dumping him yet, but it'll be a while till he sees the lineup again.

If you have Crow would you pick up Duke if it meant dropping Devante Parker?
I think it all depends on how strong your WRs are and how weak you are at RB. In a vaccuum I don't think one is any better than the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Crow would you pick up Duke if it meant dropping Devante Parker?
I think it all depends on how strong your WRs are and how weak you are at RB. In a vaccuum I don't think one is any better than the other.
We start 2 WR and have AJ and Matthews w Fitz on bench so Parker would basically be my 1 keeper.

Does Duke really have the chance to be a bellcow or is he really just a scat back ? Some have said he can't carry the load but dude is listed at 220?

Users who are viewing this thread