Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Ravens that had a murderer for his entire tenure? 

totally coulda got him at 5.01, noob

God, I forgot how much of a ####-measuring contest the Shark Pool can be.  Thanks for reminding me, guys.  See you in another year.

It's a RBBC. There's nothing surprising about it at all.

It is when between the 2 guys there's only been 8 effing carries. In a tie game.

Coaching staff is absolutely idiotic

Yet they are tied, on the road vs a better team. :shrug:

It's a RBBC. There's nothing surprising about it at all.

It is when between the 2 guys there's only been 8 effing carries. In a tie game.

Coaching staff is absolutely idiotic

Yet they are tied, on the road vs a better team. :shrug:

So again, explain the 8 carries, when it seems to be getting yards

To me, you explained the exact reason they should be running

So let me get this straight..................

Every time I get a few glimpses on RedZone of the Browns running game, it seems Crowell has sprinkled in some decent runs and some good yardage on a few catches too.

Yet they keep going back to Duke Johnson. :wall:

I said it last year (yet I got sucked back into a share of this run game), but next year its going to be avoid this backfield at all costs.

It just takes the fun out of watching.

TZM

So let me get this straight..................

Every time I get a few glimpses on RedZone of the Browns running game, it seems Crowell has sprinkled in some decent runs and some good yardage on a few catches too.

Yet they keep going back to Duke Johnson. :wall:

I said it last year (yet I got sucked back into a share of this run game), but next year its going to be avoid this backfield at all costs.

It just takes the fun out of watching.

TZM

Good. Hope they keep going back to Johnson non-stop.

All this does is push the truth back another week. Sadly, I don't know what this truth is.

You want the truth? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

The truth is that nobody has a ####### clue what is going to happen in any given week. Fantasy football is mostly luck.

Crow 5.3ypc / 20.7ypr

Duke 3.9ypc / 9.4ypr

Duke w the TD

At least for me thats certainly the big issue. Granted he didnt score, but with the game on the line late, no bigger situation will the Browns face all day, and Duke gets the goal line carry on first down. I hate to say thats pretty telling but it feels like it is.

Rushing:

Crow - 13/49 - 3.8ypc

Duke - 9/22 - 2.4ypc

Receiving:

Crow - 2/38/1 - 19ypr

Duke - 6/55/0 - 9.4ypr

-----------------------

Crow once again proving to be better on the ground, and more effective per catch than Duke, tho duke is really getting some decent #s in PPR. Team look good with the 2 running/catching, but I wish this was slightly more lopsided in the Crow's favor.

Week after week he's putting up the numbers, but not the amount of carries he should be getting. Disheartening, but not surprising, since it's my Browns.

Would LOVE to see Crow getting 20 carries and Duke 6-10, plus the receptions. Really think we could control the game this way.

Before the Oakland game when Duke broke out he had more offensive snaps 94 to 92. Before yesterday's game PFF tweeted Browns rookie RB leads all rookie RBs in missed tackles:

-------------

.Pro Football Focus@PFF 1d1 day ago

Duke Johnson leads all rookie HBs with 15 forced MTs on just 46 touches. He ranks 4th of all HBs in elusive rating at 82.0.

-------------

Accept the reality that Browns OC John DeFilippo is going to continue to split reps/snaps and that Duke will get his share.

Limited practices due to a toe injury. Anything to worry about?

I think there were things to worry about long b/f the toe injury.

Your username suits you.

Well he's right. Crowell has averaged less than 50 yds/gm, 12 carries a game and is going up against a very stingy run D. Hard to imagine that this will all of a sudden be a coming out party for him.

Your username suits you.

Well he's right. Crowell has averaged less than 50 yds/gm, 12 carries a game and is going up against a very stingy run D. Hard to imagine that this will all of a sudden be a coming out party for him.

Is he? Standard league ... 3 of 5 games exactly 15 touches in each game and 12, 13 & 15 pts ... pretty much a point per touch

The 2 other games he sucked but only 10 and 12 touches and 1 game was @ Jets who are a very tough D

Your username suits you.

Is he? Standard league ... 3 of 5 games exactly 15 touches in each game and 12, 13 & 15 pts ... pretty much a point per touch

The 2 other games he sucked but only 10 and 12 touches and 1 game was @ Jets who are a very tough D

My bad. nothing at all to worry about with Crowell. He's performing as expected. Carry on.

Your username suits you.

My bad. nothing at all to worry about with Crowell. He's performing as expected. Carry on.

Performing as Low RB2 ... If you expected anything more the RB3 or RB4 then you are a fool as well as a tool

Your username suits you.

Performing as Low RB2 ... If you expected anything more the RB3 or RB4 then you are a fool as well as a tool

What's with the attitude. Aren't you able to just voice your opinion without calling people names.

Your username suits you.

What's with the attitude. Aren't you able to just voice your opinion without calling people names.

No

Can we stick with the toe issue for now please? Some of us are forced to start him this weekend, whether he's good or not (unless he sits).

OK ... He's been a bit more reliable then perceived and the Cleveland Offense has actually looked pretty damn good for the past few weeks.

They are playing a tough Denver D who has not been that great against running backs and they are at home.

If he gets 15 touches (which is about what he has been getting) he could put up decent numbers

I am considering starting him over Moncrief who is trending in the wrong direction.

Can we stick with the toe issue for now please? Some of us are forced to start him this weekend, whether he's good or not (unless he sits).

OK ... He's been a bit more reliable then perceived and the Cleveland Offense has actually looked pretty damn good for the past few weeks.

They are playing a tough Denver D who has not been that great against running backs and they are at home.

If he gets 15 touches (which is about what he has been getting) he could put up decent numbers

I am considering starting him over Moncrief who is trending in the wrong direction.

Look at his last 4 games, he averages 80 total yds .5 tds on less than 14 touches.per game
50 att 220 yds 4.40 yds per 1 TD
5 rec 100 yds 20.0 yds per 1 TD

He was RB19 last week and RB20 the week before in PPR, so he's been a solid RB2 in recent weeks. I'm actually kind of pissed because I really never considered starting him in that time frame when I clearly should have. Interestingly enough, he already has more receiving yards this year than all of last year.

Your username suits you.

No

Give it a try. It might help you grow up.

Rotoworld:

Isaiah Crowell - RB - Browns

Browns coach Mike Pettine expects the running back carries to vary week to week.

"I don’t think we’re going to go into a game and say, ‘Hey, we want to get X number of touches to each of these guys," Pettine said. "If you went running back continuum, I think we have a guy at each end, and I think Crow slides somewhere in between." The Browns are a full-blown three-back committee. Isaiah Crowell started last week and saw the most carries, but will continue to lose early-down work to Robert Turbin. Duke Johnson remains the favorite for touches in games the Browns are playing from behind.

Related: Robert Turbin, Duke Johnson

Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Oct 24 - 6:32 PM

Rotoworld:

Isaiah Crowell - RB - Browns

Browns coach Mike Pettine expects the running back carries to vary week to week.

"I don’t think we’re going to go into a game and say, ‘Hey, we want to get X number of touches to each of these guys," Pettine said. "If you went running back continuum, I think we have a guy at each end, and I think Crow slides somewhere in between." The Browns are a full-blown three-back committee. Isaiah Crowell started last week and saw the most carries, but will continue to lose early-down work to Robert Turbin. Duke Johnson remains the favorite for touches in games the Browns are playing from behind.

Related: Robert Turbin, Duke Johnson

Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Oct 24 - 6:32 PM

Pettine is RB poison.

• Like 3

Pettine is RB poison.

Yes, no other way around it.

No need for the naysayers to come out and say "but someone needs to emerge, etc."

I owned 2 shares of the Cleveland backfield last year, and it was like dart throwing each week to see who was going to get any points.

There was one specific night game where I was watching and 2 RB's in the Cleveland backfield had TD's, and of course I started the one who hadn't scored......I believe at the time it was Terrence West. (he ultimately scored that game, I think all three Cleveland backs scored that game) :ph34r:

I got trapped into getting what I was thinking was "good value" late in drafts this year snagging Crowell very late.

One league I traded Crowell for Lamar Miller, and the other I outright cut him, and I sleep better at night because of it. :excited:

I make notes every year all along and when the season is over, things to think about when drafting the following year.

This is my first rule on the sheet this year.

RULE#1 - Stay away from any Cleveland running back, no matter the draft selection or value.

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie
  • Like 1

Traded away Turbin in a package for Gates. Still own Crowell and this week will be his only and final start before I likely ship him off. Good riddance. Can't WAIT to wash my hands of this mess. I thought Duke Johnson was supposed to be this otherworldy talent. Someone in here had him ranked higher than Todd Gurley. I suspect they really want Turbin to come in and take control of this backfield. But I am not sticking around to watch that happen.

Edited by georg013