What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

I find his contract to be relative. If he was paid like Peterson the game check he'd have to give up would be around $750,000.  Based on his contract he'd be giving up $37,500. I love the old lady and the penny biblical parable  but I still think it's debatable if it's worse to have to give up a lot more because you make more or hurts more because you make less but give up less. To me it's relative.

I think at this point of  he did what he needed to do. We saw Ray Rice shut out forever when that video came out and we saw teams eventually welcome guys like Vick back but it took some time. Point is he needed to do whatever needed to be done to help make this go away and not potentially cut and forced to sit out an extended period of time until public outcry calms down, like with Vick, or worse getting the permanent vacation like Rice.

Now I will say if he had did a more sincere initial apology the first time, instead of publicist/attorney prepared statement, then he might not have had to give up the check.

Lastly I'll just say I'm pretty down on the BLM movement and very very down on those who would advocate random violence on police. So safe to say I thought his instagram pick was repulsive. But I'm sick and tired of public shaming. Tired of the indignation and social media lynching. I don't own Crowell in a single fantasy league or root for the Browns in any way but put me down as saying I'm glad that he's not lost his job. Sucks to lose some money and he's got some serious PR work to still do but he's employed and he can work these things out over time. That's a whole lot better than being shamed into permanent banishment over one dumb mistake.
I think you're correct in everything you posted. I just hope that the donation is from sincere enlightenment and want to vs. someone told him this was the best strategy play to make it go away. 

rb crowell, qb manzell, wr gordon, the all dummy team.
My initial thought was about the same regarding Crowell, but I'm in the camp now that he really realizes that he screwed up and is stepping up now, not just to save his job, but to try and make something good come out of this mess.

My initial thought was about the same regarding Crowell, but I'm in the camp now that he really realizes that he screwed up and is stepping up now, not just to save his job, but to try and make something good come out of this mess.
You mean to save his rep,so he doesn't get booed out of the stadium and has a shot at some endorsement deals. That was just a seriously sick and disturbing pic he posted. He has a lot of damage control to do. I'm not sure I am buying any of it yet.

You mean to save his rep,so he doesn't get booed out of the stadium and has a shot at some endorsement deals. That was just a seriously sick and disturbing pic he posted. He has a lot of damage control to do. I'm not sure I am buying any of it yet.
I guess it will take a while to see if he is just doing this because he has no choice or if he is sincere.  If he never does squat in the future regarding supporting the police and talking to kids that violence isn't the answer, then we will know it is just for show.

Crowell Attends Funeral

That was just a seriously sick and disturbing pic he posted. He has a lot of damage control to do. I'm not sure I am buying any of it yet.
Are you just pretending that he was the originator of the image, or the only one who posted it?  Or are you just more critical of him because he's a "celebrity"?

He is taking responsibility for his mistake which is more than most people do. To which degree he is sincere matters not. As long as he is making the effort to take advantage of all of the opportunities to make mend the damage he did I can accept that and move. You cannot force someone to feel a certain way about something. But with his efforts hopefully he has educated himself and others in a positive fashion.

He is taking responsibility for his mistake which is more than most people do. To which degree he is sincere matters not. As long as he is making the effort to take advantage of all of the opportunities to make mend the damage he did I can accept that and move. You cannot force someone to feel a certain way about something. But with his efforts hopefully he has educated himself and others in a positive fashion.
I think this is a very good point.  It is likely that he didn't truly understand the issue when he made his initial apology, but with increased exposure particularly spending a full day with the head of the police union in Dallas and attending the funeral it is also likely that his opinion and understanding has significantly from when he made that initial post.

Are you just pretending that he was the originator of the image, or the only one who posted it?  Or are you just more critical of him because he's a "celebrity"?
I have no idea how many people may have posted it. I would feel the same about each and every single one if I did regardless of their "status." His "status" to me is irrelevant. For one, I like the Browns. Secondly, I don't think he's that big a deal. I'm also not a celebrity worshipper like many in today's society. The picture was despicable. I don't see how whether he drew it himself or not is even remotely relevant. What is relevant is his state of mind that made him want to post it. And I find that state of mind repugnant. I honestly don't see how this is even remotely confusing to anyone.

Holding these guys to some high moral standards still makes me laugh. 
What do you mean by "these guys," human beings? Because that is what I am speaking too. Or do you mean you don't hold any person to any moral standard, and you have no issue with someone wanting to see a police officer having his throat slashed? Really trying to figure out what you are trying to say here.

What do you mean by "these guys," human beings? Because that is what I am speaking too. Or do you mean you don't hold any person to any moral standard, and you have no issue with someone wanting to see a police officer having his throat slashed? Really trying to figure out what you are trying to say here.
That 99% of football players are morons. 

That what they think/do means nothing to me. I watch them on Sundays to see them carry a ball, and play a children's game. 

They're entertainment and nothing more for me. What they do/say outside of football impacts me zero. 

The post was stupid. Crow is very likely stupid. But I only care what does on the field. People are generally crappy.

Holding these guys to some high moral standards still makes me laugh. 
It's more about being amazed at their poor decision making and lack of foresight. How did Crowell not see that tweeting that pic was a poor decision? But there is also being a little disgusted by anyone that sends out a message like that as well.

With that said, he's paid the price - if he does donate the game check (which wasn't necessary) and is at least playing the part correctly of looking like a guy that realizes that he made a mistake (and he may be very sincere about that).

I still think he's merely an average to below average RB who isn't worth much from a fantasy football perspective, but I wouldn't hold this against him any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the person you quoted never claimed he was the originator of the image or the only one that posted it I would guess neither. The only one pretending in this thread is any person that thought posting that image was a good idea...... or that Isaiah Crowell was some sort of "celebrity" before this. Before this his biggest claim to fame was getting kicked out of Georgia for multiple gun and drug charges. This poor guy can't seem to escape his "celebrity".

There is still some legit talk of West lurking in the background here.  And with everyone seeming to think Duke takes the passing game role, I think this might be a player you buy at absolute face/known value and don't move it much thinking of upside and potential.

There is still some legit talk of West lurking in the background here.  And with everyone seeming to think Duke takes the passing game role, I think this might be a player you buy at absolute face/known value and don't move it much thinking of upside and potential.
West isn't even on the team. He's in Baltimore.

The post was stupid. Crow is very likely stupid. But I only care what does on the field. People are generally crappy.
That's fine, and your prerogative. But I don't think anyone can get that from: "Holding these guys to some high moral standards still makes me laugh." That statement sure makes it seem you are saying we are holding NFL players to higher standard than everyday people. And that simply isn't the case. I think without fail most folks in here are holding them to the exact same standard, at least in this case.

Will this episode linger?....will Crowell be in the doghouse for a while?.....if so, I would expect his ADP to drop....in which case, will that inspire a slight bump to Duke's ADP?.....which I think ultimately dampens Duke's value. Or are most thinking that Watson will reap the draft value here?

Sorry for rambling...

Will this episode linger?....will Crowell be in the doghouse for a while?.....if so, I would expect his ADP to drop....in which case, will that inspire a slight bump to Duke's ADP?.....which I think ultimately dampens Duke's value. Or are most thinking that Watson will reap the draft value here?

Sorry for rambling...
Yes, yes, not yet, not yet.

Dukes value won't dampen, he can actually play and will get plenty of touches.

Watson hasn't shown up on the radar yet, but likely will in a few weeks.

No posts on this guy in 2 months. Figured I'd break the streak.

Week 1 was a mixed bag for him. No room to run until garbage time, but it was kind of a shocker that he was in the game at that time instead of Duke. His playing time (30 snaps to 23 for Duke) in a game they were losing from the beginning is a strong indication of Hue Jackson's feelings on Crowell. He was consistently going for half the price of Duke in auctions and was significantly behind in snake draft ADP (6th round vs. 10th round).

McCown's health and ability to run Hue's offense will be critical to Crowell's fantasy value this year, but I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

Consistency has been a problem.  Could be on the coaches or Crowell himself.  If he establishes himself as RB2/3 he would be considered a draft day success.  Not a guy that you could get much in a trade but could be a good injury/bye week/ flex fill in.  Jury is still out until his usage, and success, doesn't fluctuate as it has in the past.   

I thought the positives were significant...that he isn't getting pulled in favor of Johnson when the Browns fall behind and they aren't pulling him in passing situations.

I think this may be shaping up to be a situation where both backs are less compliments of each other and more in a larger/smaller timeshare situation. Crow can block and catch and Duke can run, so it's less about specialization than people think.  That does bode well if one of them gets hurt because that could lead to a clear bellcow share for the healthy one rather than having a backup RB on the roster stepping into the niche touches the injured guy used to have.

Of course that's easy for me to say as an owner of both where the combined cost from years past was pretty cheap. I'd be anxious right now if I owned Duke at this year's draft prices and someone else was holding Crow.

.....? 

Crow is the runner, Duke the catcher. 

Mind you, crow does both, and fairly well. Always liked the guy, and hoping the line and good WR weapons open things up for him 

Browns coach Hue Jackson indicated Friday he is intent on feeding Isaiah Crowell in Week 2 against the Ravens.
It sounds like the Browns want to attack Baltimore with a ground-and-pound approach. "We just have to hand it to him enough times," Jackson said. "If you have a runner you believe in, you have to give him the ball. He has to get a feel for the game and be able to play within the structure of what you are trying to accomplish with the offensive line. That’s why I said I take responsibility for that. I think (Crowell) is off to a good start. We just have to give him opportunities to go show his ability." Crowell posted a 12-62-1 rushing line in Week 1 against the Eagles, but got 40 of the yards on the game's final three plays. He'll be a low-end flex option for Week 2.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports 
Sep 16 - 6:51 PM

People will be chasing these points all year. 
I dont think so. I think he is in line for a good year in the new Hue lead offense. And when Gordon gets back, fugghettabboudditt. I drafted him as a RB3 or RB4 and he is looking like a high floor RB2 so far. At this point, Id guess the only people posting negative comments in here are Duke owners or others who just avoided Crowell at all costs.

ETA: and prior season Crow owners hah

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think so. I think he is in line for a good year in the new Hue lead offense. And when Gordon gets back, fugghettabboudditt. I drafted him as a RB3 or RB4 and he is looking like a high floor RB2 so far. At this point, Id guess the only people posting negative comments in here are Duke owners or others who just avoided Crowell at all costs.

Enjoy.

Next week he will have 8-30

Users who are viewing this thread