What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your position on the legacy of Michael Jackson? (1 Viewer)

What say you?

• King of Pop

Votes: 129 48.1%
  • King of Pedophelia

Votes: 116 43.3%
  • Whacko Jacko

Votes: 122 45.5%
  • Show us on the doll where he touched you, Johnny

Votes: 70 26.1%

• Total voters

butcher boy

Footballguy
For millions, he was and always will be the King of Pop with innumerable smash hits throughout his entire life bringing joy and stirring emotions. For others he was a sicko, preying on the kids whose parents trusted him like a catholic priest. What are your thoughts on this phenom?

It seems there's been a push in his songs lately. I had forgotten the exact date of his death and was wondering if if was already 10 years but it's only been 6.

Not the biggest fan though I liked him. But if he is a musical genius, then 100 years from now that's what his legacy will be. Personal lives of artists are largely forgotten over time. We remember their great work.

butcher boy said:
Christo said:
I voted for all 4 because I could. And because it's probably closest to the truth.
I figured this position would be an option which is why I made it open ended.
Seems to me it's the only option. The only question is what percentages people apportion to each category. He was clearly a musical talent/genius but he had some issues later in life. When I think of his legacy I have both positive and negative thoughts at the same time. It's kind of conflicting, and sad because I had great respect and admiration for him until the pedo stuff started coming up over and over.

butcher boy said:
For millions, he was and always will be the King of Pop with innumerable smash hits throughout his entire life bringing joy and stirring emotions. For others he was a sicko, preying on the kids whose parents trusted him like a catholic priest. What are your thoughts on this phenom?
Can't he be both?

He was wacko but I don't buy the pedo accusations. I have a difficult time believing that dozens of kids were molested and they all took pay offs instead of having him put in jail.

He was wacko but I don't buy the pedo accusations. I have a difficult time believing that dozens of kids were molested and they all took pay offs instead of having him put in jail.
You underestimate the power of money.

Who knows, he certainly was an easy target if someone wanted to take advantage of him for financial gain.

Yeah I don't think he ####ed any kids. I think that due to having a messed up childhood and other factors, he had no idea that his being around kids the way he was would be considered inappropriate.

He put out some great songs. But if he molested kids, it would've been better if he was prosecuted and imprisoned and then his music became taboo and obscure, getting literally zero airplay. It's bothersome that he has this enduring legacy as a great artist when it seems likely he victimized children.

Greatest performer of our generation. Having said that, he had deep seeded issues, and went way off the tracks. Shame.

"He made Thriller, man. He made Thriller."

Yeah I don't think he ####ed any kids. I think that due to having a messed up childhood and other factors, he had no idea that his being around kids the way he was would be considered inappropriate.
I tend to agree.

Great entertainer but really a strange person. I can't get past the pedophilia though.
This is how I feel. I don't care how talented or great of a performer he was. The way he was off stage supersedes all that. He was a major POS.

And that's pretty much how I feel about a lot of celebrities that the average person looks up to. If they are a POS in normal life, no matter how talented they are at their job, you shouldn't look up to them. They don't deserve it.

I tend to agree.
Im not convinced he abused children either. He seemed asexual to me. Very easy to make an accusation against a very rich man and cash in because he just wants the problem to go away. Plus the media loves to play up a scandal without a shred of evidence and assassinate someones character just to sell a few more copies of their supermarket rag

Agree that he's some combination of both. Tremendous performer and singer but an incredibly sick, perverted person.

Then again, there's no shortage of all-time great musicians that fit that polar opposite profile.

Yeah multiple unrelated fabricated allegations happen all the time.
Yeah. There's absolutely no other instances of people making up allegations against rich people to try to get a payday. What a novel concept.
Word is that he spent $35 million to cover up molestations of at least 24 boys.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michael-jackson-spent-35-million-cover-molestations-report-article-1.1386325
And you don't think it's odd that parents continued to let their children hang out with him? Just sayin.

Yeah. There's absolutely no other instances of people making up allegations against rich people to try to get a payday. What a novel concept.
Word is that he spent $35 million to cover up molestations of at least 24 boys.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michael-jackson-spent-35-million-cover-molestations-report-article-1.1386325
And you don't think it's odd that parents continued to let their children hang out with him? Just sayin.
Did the parents of the alleged molested kids allow the kid to continue to hang out with him after they found out?

Is there any evidence he touched children other than testimony?
No.
Not that I am aware of but the man definitely had an unusual attraction to children, especially boys. The allegations may not have been enough to prove anything but he did admit to having sleepovers where he slept with the boys that came to visit.

Maybe I am being unfair but when a man in his 30s is hosting sleepovers and sleeping with the boys in the same bed I can't help but believe he was up to something.

Is there any evidence he touched children other than testimony?
No.
Not that I am aware of but the man definitely had an unusual attraction to children, especially boys. The allegations may not have been enough to prove anything but he did admit to having sleepovers where he slept with the boys that came to visit.

Maybe I am being unfair but when a man in his 30s is hosting sleepovers and sleeping with the boys in the same bed I can't help but believe he was up to something.
MJ basically didn't have a childhood. Grew up under the crushing pressure of being a mega-star dominated and micro managed by a violent and abusive father.

It's no wonder he spend the rest of his adulthood building a wonderland and zoo trying desperately to relive his childhood. Including first love, puberty, sexual curiosity/confusion, etc.

I voted for all of the above.

Did the parents of the alleged molested kids allow the kid to continue to hang out with him after they found out?
I don't know if the same ones continued. But I know that parents continued to let their children hang out with him after allegations began. My point is, doesn't it seem a little odd that parents would let their children hang out with him, after allegations against him had already been levied? It's not like he molested 24 boys AND THEN allegations came out. There was one here. And then one there. And then another one over here. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Do I know for absolute positive that he didn't? Of course not. It just seems much more like people wanting money than anything to me.

I believe the poster earlier who said that he was asexual, and socially underdeveloped much more than I believe he was a chronic child molester. But, to each their own.

I don't know if the same ones continued. But I know that parents continued to let their children hang out with him after allegations began. My point is, doesn't it seem a little odd that parents would let their children hang out with him, after allegations against him had already been levied? It's not like he molested 24 boys AND THEN allegations came out. There was one here. And then one there. And then another one over here. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Do I know for absolute positive that he didn't? Of course not. It just seems much more like people wanting money than anything to me.

I believe the poster earlier who said that he was asexual, and socially underdeveloped much more than I believe he was a chronic child molester. But, to each their own.
I assume this happens because the parents were much like you...didnt believe the allegations without proof.

Jerry Sandusky was a great guy too.

I assume this happens because the parents were much like you...didnt believe the allegations without proof.
Right, because most parents ignore their kid telling them they are being molested by a man who totally looks and acts like a child molester.

Jerry Sandusky was a great guy too.
and he didn't even have $35 million to pay off parents.

Ah yes, the old "if you don't believe it, then you obviously believe Jerry Sandusky was innocent too" routine. Well thought out retort there. Almost as good as believing "Well, 23 other families have said he did that, but I won't believe it without proof" being much more likely than "Hey, here's an easy way to get some money."

You guys must have been standouts on the Debate Team.

Users who are viewing this thread