What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Rotopass Offer (FBG+ESPN Insider+Rotowire+PFF+Rotoviz Apps) (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
All for $60

https://www.rotopass.com/

Joe and I had talked with Matt multiple times over the years about joining the Rotopass team, but when it included Baseball HQ (a $100 baseball only site), it never felt like it could be structured in such a fashion to be cheap enough for our audience that mostly just wanted football coverage.

Credit ESPNs Matt Berry for getting all of these sites together and offering this "Football Only" pass for just $60. But actually it isn't football only. Rotowire and ESPN Insider will cover all the sports during the football season.

We will have an interview with Matt a bit later in the week, but feel free to ask questions here as well.

We are excited to be part of this groundbreaking product bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this basically the same as having a full FBG's subscription, meaning people who purchase this bundle will also get entries into subscriber contests and all of the same features, correct?

Thanks...signed up. FYI, buggy as hell. Rotowire won't let me sign in without paying again for a service. Draftkings doesn't work...espn insider doesn't work (let me log my info, now in a "flux" and won't load to whatever the home page should be). Footballguys stated "invalid or missing section key". Either you set this thing up too soon or using a Mac (which is usually the problem with new programs) is throwing a wrench into it.

Hey gang: Matthew Berry here and just wanted to echo what David said. I'm thrilled FBG is a part of RotoPass - they are the premiere premium fantasy football site on the planet.

The site was heavily tested before launch on a variety of devices and computers, loonzilla - but with any new product there may be a few kinks. We sold a lot yesterday and you're the only one reporting those issues. Wonder if it might be your computer or settings? For Insider - did you use the code that came in your welcome email? I've never heard of ESPN.com not loading or being in flux? Maybe it's your internet connection?

Either way, my tech resource team is on it. Please email us at support@RotoPass.com and we will get you taken care of ASAP.

For everyone else... You already know FBG is worth $30. So now you're getting Rotowire, Espn Insder, Pro Football Focus Fantasy and RotoViz Apps for just an additional 30.

It IS the full subscription to all the sites. - so yes, you can enter the FBG subscriber contest via RotoPass.

Any other questions for me - just ask. I'll pop in on this thread when I can. Or just email support@rotopass.com...

Thanks all!

Seems like an amazing deal. Is there anyway that we could buy it now and get a credit for next year? I did my early-bird purchase for FBGs, but this seems like a steal.

What is the best way to go about this if I already bought FBG for this year AND I already have ESPN insider? I can't seeing buying this again for the other products, but it would be great to pay $ 60 for FBG and ESPN and get the other sites on top of it all. Thanks

Seems like an amazing deal. Is there anyway that we could buy it now and get a credit for next year? I did my early-bird purchase for FBGs, but this seems like a steal.
The way this has been coded is we add a year to any existing subscription when someone buys the Rotopass bundle. So if you were current through this year, you would now be current through next year. If you had 1 year left on your 3-year, this adds a year, etc.

We also have a 100% refund so you can buy the Rotopass and ask for a refund from us. Either way works.

What is the best way to go about this if I already bought FBG for this year AND I already have ESPN insider? I can't seeing buying this again for the other products, but it would be great to pay $ 60 for FBG and ESPN and get the other sites on top of it all. Thanks
I would send a note to support (support@RotoPass.com) and maybe they can do something for you. We add the year on your existing sub.

The way this has been coded is we add a year to any existing subscription when someone buys the Rotopass bundle. So if you were current through this year, you would now be current through next year. If you had 1 year left on your 3-year, this adds a year, etc.

We also have a 100% refund so you can buy the Rotopass and ask for a refund from us. Either way works.
I was just looking at the signup for the RotoPass and don't see where it asks if you have a subscription to FBG. How then are you able to know to add the year to an existing subscription?

I was just looking at the signup for the RotoPass and don't see where it asks if you have a subscription to FBG. How then are you able to know to add the year to an existing subscription?
They process the money and send us info that triggers automation on our end and we do the following:

Do we know of this customer based on email? If no, we set up an account. If yes, are they a subscriber? If yes, how long do they have left on their subscription? Add 1 year.

All automated and 100% awesome.

"What is the best way to go about this if I already bought FBG for this year AND I already have ESPN insider? I can't seeing buying this again for the other products, but it would be great to pay $ 60 for FBG and ESPN and get the other sites on top of it all. Thanks"

Your new ESPN insider account via RotoPass (6 months) is added to your exciting ESPN insider account. So you just get more insider.

I've read a few rotoviz articles which I enjoyed, and the promotion says 20 Rotoviz apps. Does that include rotoviz articles or just those 20 apps?

David Dodds said:
MattFancy said:

David,

I have two accounts with FBG now because I didn't see where to sign in in order to get the benefit added to my regular account. Is there anyway you guys can merge it together? I sent an email to Gray let me know if there's someone else I should contact. I really don't want two accounts and would prefer if it just added another year to my main account.

The articles on RotoViz are not included in RotoPass... Just the apps. But between FBG, RotoWire, ESPN Insider and PFF... I feel safe in saying you'll have plenty of great articles to read. You'll never be able to finish them all.

The ESPN Insider issue came from a bad set of promo codes that were auto generated. We will have it fixed very soon - by tomorrow morning at latest.

Yes, as David said above don't worry if you already have a FBG subscription. We knew that would be the case for many folks so our Tech Guru (God Bless Keith Overton) configured everything so it's an easy and painless extension of our Footballguys subscription. You don't need to do anything special - just sign up and you're good to go.

J

I signed up and the only disappointing thing is that it includes PFF Fantasy Gold but not Premium Statistics, which is what I'm primarily interested in.

Hey I've been trying to get in touch with Rotopass support for the past two days and nobody has responded to me. I still can't sign up for ESPN Insider. It gives me an error message saying:

Order Error
Nerdface, We have detected an error with your attempted purchase.An unknown error has occurred with your purchase. Please contact customer service at 1-888-549-3776

I got the Footballguys thing kinda squared away but hoping someone sees this and can help.

Hi Nerdface: Apologies that no one has responded to you. I will check in on that. I do know that with the new site (and the old, exisitng members having lots of questions) we've been under more questions than is usual. I will see what happened to your email - every email gets answered within 24 hours, so that's very odd. The ESPN thing is an ESPN issue and we're working with them as I type on trying to resolve. As with any new site, there's going to be a few growing pains but so far we've been able to work out almost all the kinks. Appreciate your continued patience here. Ultimately, there's only so much we can do if the issue is one of the partner sites. So far, everyone is loving the site, so I assure you this will ultimately be worth it. Thanks, Matthew

Hey guys - anyone having an issue viewing/running the apps on rotoviz in their Chrome/IE/FF browser? I keep getting a timed-out message at work and we are working on trying to resolve it but thought someone may have figured it out already. It works for me on my home pc but not at work. I assume it is a java app or something that just won't run on the page for some reason. The RV guys have been great trying to fix it just wondering if anyone else has an idea. Thanks.

Hi guys: Back after a week vacation. I'm not sure what there is to address. There are 3 sections to ProFootballFocus. The free stuff, Fantasy Gold (paid) and Premium Statistics (paid). RotoPass includes access to Fantasy Gold. That's what's listed all over the site - nowhere on RotoPass does it say you get access to premium statistics. And this very question is also addressed in our FAQ where we explicitly state premium stats are NOT included.

FWIW, when I was talking with Neil (who owns PFF) about adding a PFF product to RotoPass, I asked for Fantasy Gold as my first choice, not premium stats. Their premium stats are great but my feeling is that any of the stats that are relevant to fantasy (coverage grades, offensive line grades etc) make their way into PFF's Fantasy Gold coverage - they're used extensively in articles rankings projections etc. So to me it's the best of both worlds, especially for a fantasy product like RotoPass.

Aargh....I hate to bring up anything else but I don't see a Paypal option? Each of the individual services accept Paypal but the package doesn't?

RotoPass accepts PayPal. We just don't get many requests for it - you're just the second this year so it's not integrated the way it is with credit cards. PayPal me at TalentedMrRoto@aol.com for the full amount and then send an email to support@rotopass.com telling us you've done it. We'll get you set up within a day.

RotoPass accepts PayPal. We just don't get many requests for it - you're just the second this year so it's not integrated the way it is with credit cards. PayPal me at TalentedMrRoto@aol.com for the full amount and then send an email to support@rotopass.com telling us you've done it. We'll get you set up within a day.
Some are probably like me and just assumed it wasn't available since it wasn't a payment option on the site. I would have preferred PayPal.

Do you have an estimate on when DraftKings will be available? It still says Coming Soon.

Did you email support@rotopass.com? ESPN Insider is working so maybe it's user error? Email us and we'll get you set up ASAP. Thanks.

Did anyone else find it funny TMR still has an AOL address? Maybe I'm the only one...

Did anyone else find it funny TMR still has an AOL address? Maybe I'm the only one...
I think it adds to his cred. How long has Berry been doling out fantasy wisdom? So long that his original work-related email address was registered with AOL. Unironically. How many other guys in the industry can make that claim? It's like a currently touring band who can claim they got their start on college radio stations. That's staying power. ;)

I think it adds to his cred. How long has Berry been doling out fantasy wisdom? So long that his original work-related email address was registered with AOL. Unironically. How many other guys in the industry can make that claim? It's like a currently touring band who can claim they got their start on college radio stations. That's staying power. ;)
I certainly didn't intend to make fun... I just chuckled when I saw it, and then thought the exact same thing you did. He's been dishing fantasy scoops since we were running "10 Hours Free!" discs on our pentium desktops.

The real bottom line is I'm getting old.

I certainly didn't intend to make fun... I just chuckled when I saw it, and then thought the exact same thing you did. He's been dishing fantasy scoops since we were running "10 Hours Free!" discs on our pentium desktops.

The real bottom line is I'm getting old.
I still do a double take when someone gives me an AOL address. NTTAWWT

I certainly didn't intend to make fun... I just chuckled when I saw it, and then thought the exact same thing you did. He's been dishing fantasy scoops since we were running "10 Hours Free!" discs on our pentium desktops.The real bottom line is I'm getting old.
I still do a double take when someone gives me an AOL address. NTTAWWT
I just read the other day that some people (something like 1 million) pay $20/month to KEEP their AOL address. Crazy.

Could someone reply with some feedback as to which of these extra products would be the most useful for a current FBG subscriber? Either in terms of draft prep or in-season advice? There is a ton of good info at this site, so I'm a little concerned that it would be overkill vs info formatted or collected in a way that can improve my team(s) this year.

thanks!

Could someone reply with some feedback as to which of these extra products would be the most useful for a current FBG subscriber? Either in terms of draft prep or in-season advice? There is a ton of good info at this site, so I'm a little concerned that it would be overkill vs info formatted or collected in a way that can improve my team(s) this year.

thanks!
I don't see any value if you're already subscribed to any. I let my FBG and Insider expire so signing up for this made great sense. I always liked PFF so this was a slam dunk. I just don't see a future for this when sites lose most of their single subscribers for this. Unless of course they were losing them anyway.

Chad in Indy: As David posted in this thread earlier, any current FBG member that subscribes will get an extra year added to their subscription. And if you are an ESPN insider, the RotoPass subscription gets added to your account. So in those cases you get "credit." As far as a discounted price if you already subscribe, we currently don't offer that but I'll discuss the idea with the other partners. Maybe for next year....

Thanks, Matthew

Chad in Indy: As David posted in this thread earlier, any current FBG member that subscribes will get an extra year added to their subscription. And if you are an ESPN insider, the RotoPass subscription gets added to your account. So in those cases you get "credit." As far as a discounted price if you already subscribe, we currently don't offer that but I'll discuss the idea with the other partners. Maybe for next year....

Thanks, Matthew
This would be a great idea, Matthew. I'll be looking to see if it pops up next year and would subscribe if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread