Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Back in Denver for Valentine's Day weekend. Stopped at my favorite dispensary (3D Cannabis Ctr http://visit3d.com/ ). I forgot how expensive they are there, though... $120 per 1/4oz. :eek:

There are apparently a lot of "caregivers" who grow legally and have lots of extra product which they advertise on Craigslist there, for prices below retail. Technically illegal, but with it being so wide open there, no one gives a rat's ###.

Can't wait to visit.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

Back in Denver for Valentine's Day weekend. Stopped at my favorite dispensary (3D Cannabis Ctr http://visit3d.com/ ). I forgot how expensive they are there, though... $120 per 1/4oz. :eek:

There are apparently a lot of "caregivers" who grow legally and have lots of extra product which they advertise on Craigslist there, for prices below retail. Technically illegal, but with it being so wide open there, no one gives a rat's ###.

Can't wait to visit.

:thumbup: I didn't even think of craigslist... Not since they did away with the personals. But yeah... I checked the listings and big discounts from dispensary prices abound. :lmao: at the ads that say "cash donation for my work in exchange for free MMJ". The potency of what I got is considerably higher than what I get in Boston, fwiw.

Jessica Alba is on the Ellen Degeneres show right now. I said to my wife I'll bet Ellen would love to eat her out and my wife got mad.

Your wife didn't approve of you being disrespectful towards lesbians it sounds like.

Does your husband get mad about similar things?

Jessica Alba is on the Ellen Degeneres show right now. I said to my wife I'll bet Ellen would love to eat her out and my wife got mad.

Your wife didn't approve of you being disrespectful towards lesbians it sounds like.

Does your husband get mad about similar things?

Don't feed the trolls.

Can't wait to visit.

:thumbup: I didn't even think of craigslist... Not since they did away with the personals. But yeah... I checked the listings and big discounts from dispensary prices abound. :lmao: at the ads that say "cash donation for my work in exchange for free MMJ". The potency of what I got is considerably higher than what I get in Boston, fwiw.

That's on par with my area, for homegrow operation quality. Pricey, but it goes a lot longer since it tends to be much higher quality than what you're seeing from street guys where it's broken up dirt bricks :yucky: . You're probably going to really enjoy what you get for $120 there.

If the stars align, I go to Denver next winter to do a Ski/Dispensary/Last Peyton Manning home playoff game in Denver long weekend. I'm not even a Broncos fan, but that would be a killer trifecta as a NFL fan that would enjoy it if they host a playoff game for the 2015 playoffs.

Indica vs sativa, which one is better for someone who doesn't want his mind melting? I always forget :bag:

Uni, what type of container do you put the tincture in? Is this the type of liquid I could put in a container and pack in my luggage for a trip abroad?

I keep it in 2oz glass amber eye-dropper bottles. Most likely would be safe as they are, although if I were travelling abroad I would probably hide it in a mouthwash bottle or something just in case.

I need to make a new batch soon. It works really well but I'd like to get it more potent so that I don't have to use as much. It doesn't taste very good.

How and how much do you administer? Is the effect similar to an edible?

Definitely getting one of those machines.

I usually mix it with Coke Zero or hot tea. Typically I use around 2-3 dropperfuls. It definitely can overpower a drink if you use too much. I've also just dropped it directly under the tongue, but it kind of burns for a bit, I assume because my tincture is Everclear based.

I guess the effects are similar to edibles. Not exactly. It's kind of hard to explain. Seems to be more of a mellow medicinal high. I try to limit how often I use it since I've read that it has a pretty significant impact on tolerance if used too frequently. Originally my plan was to use it to make hard candies with, but I think the taste is so strong that it wouldn't turn out well. Hopefully the shelf life is long because I have a ton of it. :oldunsure:

Can't wait to visit.

Just booked my trip for opening day weekend with the Rockies and Cubbies. Gonna get super baked and watch some baseball.

Can't wait to visit.

Lucky. We're getting another foot or so of the bad white stuff.

I suddenly don't feel so bad about my wife always having crap like the Kardashians on tv.

Can't wait to visit.

Lucky. We're getting another foot or so of the bad white stuff.
I know. I was scheduled to come back Sunday afternoon. I postponed to Monday afternoon rather than waiting for the cancellation. I got the last two seats together in first class.

I was wondering if anyone had tried to the V2 Series 3 Pro? The stop smoking sites recommend this one as a way to wean yourself off the nicotine and still get the flavor and all that. So I was thinking of getting one for the wife to help her quit. But this model will also do "loose leaf tobacco/medicinal herb" and later this year wax. So I thought I'd see if I could solicit opinions on it. I know the chamber is small for the dry product. But then I don't do monster packs anyway. I was more wondering about how well it actually works as far as temp and stuff.

Edited by NCCommish

Ive been smokin with my wife more often just buying off of friends. I gotta get myself a dealer although that seems like a big step in soneones life lol.

Got to find the right fit. My guy is really cool. Has a decent job during the day and is always available in the evening. Isn't married so there is never a wife issue. Loves video games and sports so we have plenty to talk about when I visit. He will deliver as well and even prefers that to some degree. Lastly it is rare for him to be out for more than a few hours. Longest dry spell I can remember with him is two days.

hfs they have some great edibles here in Denver. I'm buying a bunch of the EdiPure Fruity Bites to take back home. http://edipureco.com/why-edipure/?age-verified=4f7160fd79

The Blue Kudus are really good, too.

http://bluekudu.com/

What's the high like on those EdiPures? I see they only measure THC content, so I'm curious if their extraction gets other cannabinoids too or strictly THC. My cookies (and I assume most homemade edibles) tend toward the couch-lock end of the spectrum. If you're eating just THC, I would expect a more euphoric effect.

hfs they have some great edibles here in Denver. I'm buying a bunch of the EdiPure Fruity Bites to take back home. http://edipureco.com/why-edipure/?age-verified=4f7160fd79

What's the high like on those EdiPures? I see they only measure THC content, so I'm curious if their extraction gets other cannabinoids too or strictly THC. My cookies (and I assume most homemade edibles) tend toward the couch-lock end of the spectrum. If you're eating just THC, I would expect a more euphoric effect.
I haven't pushed the threshold on the edibles, as I'm new to them. But I seem to be able to start with 20mg and then an hour later do another 10mg. That puts me in a very comfortable mood for several hours without feeling tired or couch locked. Perfect for walking the 16th Street Mall with my wife. She likes the edibles too.

Well, we checked into the Warwick Hotel for tonight. We had been staying at Adagio B&B But we were supposed to leave today but our flight was canceled so we leave tomorrow instead. Unfortunately, that B&B was booked for tonight, so I opted for the Warwick because of the outdoor balcony.

The best thing to come of this is that I can now speak the voice of experience when saying ... How should I put this... I wish I had booked at the Brown Palace instead and just doubled down on the edibles.

My wife, God bless her heart, says the Warwick is "very nice", though. But she's from China (did you all know that?) where I have opted for sleeping on the floor instead of the torture rack some of those hotels (mostly in rural areas) call beds.

The B&B was $299 for a night. The Warwick's "Mile High Suite" is $210 if guaranteed & paid in advance. Here's a few differences right off the bat:

- The B&B rooms were clean and comfortable, if a bit "aged". The Warwick's room smells like mold. At least I hope it's only mold and not mouse feces or old urine.

- the B&B allows smoking in the common areas downstairs and vaping in the rooms. No smoking or vaping inside the Warwick Hotel at all.. But there is an outdoor balcony with a year-old rug.

- parking is free at the B&B. Parking is not free at the Warwick. There is a public garage right next door. I'll find out how much that is when I get my car out.

- WiFi is included in the b&b's price. The Warwick will ding you for another $10 - $17, depending on how fast you want your connection.

- The B&B kept 20oz bottles of spring water stocked strategically throughout the house. If you ever wanted bottled water, a new bottle was just steps away.. No additional charge. At the Warwick... I don't see any bottles and my mouf is getting dry; that's what made me think of the water situation.

- of course, breakfast is included at the B&B - and it was a satisfactory breakfast. Perhaps not what I would have ordered a la carte but I have no complaints.

At least that's my first impression immediately after having checked in.

Edited by johnnycakes

Wow, sorry I steered you wrong. Hotel seemed good to me. I guess I'm just not used to the sorts of places you normally stay at.

No, no... You didn't steer me wrong. I heard others make the same recommendation. And some cannabis tour groups get put up here, too.

No worries. I'm having lots of fun with this.

It's worth doing once. But not twice.

Edited by johnnycakes

As for the other cannabinoids, here is a photo from the label. http://flic.kr/p/rcWqbB

Here is the label from the Blue Kudu. http://flic.kr/p/rcNpqk

For what it's worth, my wife didn't complain about any smell when we were there and she's always complaining about smells. Maybe it's just your room, I don't know. My advice is just to smoke a bowl and the hotel will seem better.

You know what? I did that and the hotel really does seem better!

I may have been a little too harsh earlier. Make no mistake about it... This place is tired/i]... The rug in this room looks like it was probably here when Jimmy Carter was President... But it is entirely adequate, especially if all we want is a place to crash for the night before leaving early tomorrow. And I don't mind a little fresh air on the balcony.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Moved into the new Big House last fall and I set up a fairly nice grow room in the basement. 2500 watts in LED grow lights suspended from the ceiling.. workbench, germination tray, dehumidifier, power outlets galore, even on the ceiling.

Harvested 5 Jack Herer sativa & 2 MK-ultra indica in late April. Now dried & cured... much better than anything i ever bought. I may never buy weed again.

• Like 2

So, yeah...

The Dutchman told me strange tales of long-ago Lebanese cannabis cooperatives, where hashish gathering sometimes took on a sexually hedonistic aspect. He claimed that during gland gathering adventures in remote areas, beautiful young girls, "selected because they had lush pubic hair," meandered through the cannabis fields on hot late summer afternoons, grinding their swelling pudenda against sticky resinous flowers.

The girls were soon covered in resin glands, which were removed from their skin and hair using specially-shaped tools, and smoked immediately. The taste of the girls' sacred musk infused into the resin powder like a damp natural perfume.

The Dutchman explained how smokers of "goddess hashish" believed that girls' sweat contained substances which symbiotically combined with cannabinoids to potentiate a stronger high. And some of the gatherer goddesses found that cannabinoids penetrated hair and skin to create a burning inner high so intense that it resembled, or triggered, orgasm.

:mellow:

Link

Mmmmmmm... Musk.
  • 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine got me one if the oil filled cartridges that screws into any ecig battery. The thing is legit. This is the future. I can't wait until its legal to order a case in bulk to FL from Amazon Prime.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update to the Colorado info-

Took a trip out there last week and made two stops. First was Organic Alternatives in Fort Collins and as you might guess by their name they were pricey. Top notch place, very nice. Paid $20 for a gram of 22.6% THC awesomeness. Cookies were $5 and were 10mg each.

Second stop was Native Roots in Denver. Also very nice set up. Check in, wait to be called and head back. A bit cheaper here, similar grams were $15.

Bought an nPen($25) that capes oil. Oil cartridges/drops were $40 and lasts 500 "puffs". Best.thing.ever. 10g cookies here were $25 for six, so a bit less again.

Highly recommend the nPen, sleek just lights up with a drag. Greatness

Now I need to go back

Edited by The Gator
  • Like 3

We're heading to Vancouver Island today with a stop first in Seattle for a day. We've never had edibles and thought about getting a little for the day in Seattle. How much to buy to just get a nice buzz? 2 people, casual weekend smokers.

Is it too risky to try and sneak some into Canada on the ferry to Victoria?

I quit about a month ago. Needed a break as I was abusing some heavy duty chronic. I have these two kids who are partners that are by far the best drug dealers I've ever encountered. I shoot them a text and they respond immediately, every time. If they are running late, I get a courtesy call. Most times I leave a zip lock bag with money taped to the back of my recycling bin, shoot them a text and then I have a nice package waiting for me when I get home. Phenomenal service.

I'll likely grab a bag to use sparingly in the next few weeks but admit I'm enjoying my newfound sobriety.

• Like 1

We're heading to Vancouver Island today with a stop first in Seattle for a day. We've never had edibles and thought about getting a little for the day in Seattle. How much to buy to just get a nice buzz? 2 people, casual weekend smokers.

If they are like here in Colorado the budtenders will be able to answer your questions.

If they are like here in Colorado the budtenders will be able to answer your questions.
This. Also, start small your first time because edibles affect your body differently than smoking. Eat a small amount, like a quarter of a cookie for example and see how you feel after 60-90 minutes. Maybe longer if you've just had a meal. You'll know how much more you need after that, if any.

This. Also, start small your first time because edibles affect your body differently than smoking. Eat a small amount, like a quarter of a cookie for example and see how you feel after 60-90 minutes. Maybe longer if you've just had a meal. You'll know how much more you need after that, if any.

That's what I was wondering. I thought half an hour would do...thx

I'll ask at the place.

I would recommend starting off with a dose of 10 mg of THC per person. Be sure to give it plenty of time to kick in (at least an hour and a half) before you take any more. I doubt that you would want to take more than 20 mg of THC at a time. I've had several friends who got impatient and took more edibles about 45 minutes after their first dosage, which resulted in them melting down or getting extreme couch lock once it all kicked in. One of my friends' girlfriends had a complete meltdown on top of a mountain we were hiking and tried to get us to call 911. She was, of course, fine, but she definitely took too much because of her own impatience. I've found that the gummis/hard candies usually seem to be more consistent with dosing than chocolates. I would also recommend asking for a sativa-based edible if you are looking for something to take before going out and doing things, as it should give you less of the couch lock feeling. I don't have any experience crossing the Canadian border with edibles, but I imagine that if you took hard candies/gummis out of their packaging and put it in something innocuous-looking, it would probably be hard to detect by the Border Patrol.

• Like 2

In my limited experience regular smokers need a significantly higher dosage of edible than non-smokers or occasional smokers. I bake brownies and cookies sometimes and I now have to issue strong warnings when I offer one to a friend. A cookie that will give me a nice night will absolutely wreck someone that doesn't smoke or only smokes rarely.

• Like 1

I would recommend starting off with a dose of 10 mg of THC per person. Be sure to give it plenty of time to kick in (at least an hour and a half) before you take any more. I doubt that you would want to take more than 20 mg of THC at a time. I've had several friends who got impatient and took more edibles about 45 minutes after their first dosage, which resulted in them melting down or getting extreme couch lock once it all kicked in. One of my friends' girlfriends had a complete meltdown on top of a mountain we were hiking and tried to get us to call 911. She was, of course, fine, but she definitely took too much because of her own impatience. I've found that the gummis/hard candies usually seem to be more consistent with dosing than chocolates. I would also recommend asking for a sativa-based edible if you are looking for something to take before going out and doing things, as it should give you less of the couch lock feeling. I don't have any experience crossing the Canadian border with edibles, but I imagine that if you took hard candies/gummis out of their packaging and put it in something innocuous-looking, it would probably be hard to detect by the Border Patrol.

Good info...thx.

Sounds like 10mg would probably do for us. Just looking for a nice buzz while bar hopping around the city. Will look into the sativa.

I doubt I'll try and get it into Canada. My wife would be a wreck trying to play it cool and she'd probably be pissed if I did it without telling her. Not worth ruining our vacation over.